there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation

there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b09c9ca-2596-45ed-8529-3d4198bd8ed5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers

???

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Izhar Ahmed" <Izhar Ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b09c9ca-2596-45ed-8529-3d4198bd8ed5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers

0
Don
2/16/2010 2:29:34 PM
You mean like the "Track Changes" function?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> ???
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett@gmail.com
> "Izhar Ahmed" <Izhar Ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b09c9ca-2596-45ed-8529-3d4198bd8ed5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers
>
> .

There is............you just need to use VBA event code.

Please post more information for help.

What, where, when.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 00:02:01 -0800, Izhar Ahmed <Izhar
Ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation
>
>----------------
>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b09c9ca-2596-45ed-8529-3d4198bd8ed5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers

0
Gord

Autofill dates in a 3D range
I have a workbook with 53 pages (onepage for each week of the year), I want to autofill the date of each weekday across all 53 sheets, You you talking about 53 worksheets, each with a tab? If so, Ctrl+Click the right and left tabs to select them and every tab between. This will Group the worksheets. Any data entered will now be entered in all. When finished, click any tab to ungroup (or right-click and choose Ungroup). -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Gibbo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7F9351D-8DCC-4333-812...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Curser is selecting multiple cells
When I click on a single cell multiple cells are selected. I have been zooming in and out but doing this is very time consuming as it is happening almost every time now. For productivity and sanities sake I need this to stop. How do I make this stop, does Microsoft have a fix for this? I have notice that I am not the only one having this problem. -- Thanks Mike First thing to try is to Click the F8 key. You may be in Extended selection mode. If you are their should be the term EXT in the bottom right of the screen opposite the word Ready -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson &q...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Cutting off data in a cell
I have some users who have created a form using Excel. They have merged 16 columns to create a cell for text. They have almost 1900 characters and spaces in this cell. The problem their having is the data is being cut off on the right side. When you double click within the cell all the data appears in the cell but when you click out of the cell the data cuts off again. I've tried everything I can think of so does anyone know of a way to get all the text to display in the cell? Thank for the help, Paul select the cell, right click format cells | allignment tab | check wrap text ...

Formatting cells
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel All of a sudden when I try to format a column of or an individual cell (format as a number, no decimal places, comma for thousands) only 2 of the four numbers appear in the cell. When I double click to view what is actually in the cell I see the four numbers I entered, the first two separated by the last two with a decimal. <br> I have tried this on new sheets and workbooks and the same thing happens. I can't tell for sure, but try going to Excel>Preferences> Edit. If there's a check on '...

Cell Calcuations
I need help. I can't quite grasp writing formulas in Excel yet. I am trying to find the lowest dollar amount between cells A1,B1,C1 and then add that to cell D1 with the total in cell E1. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks, Bruce D. -- Bruce DiPaola =min(A1:C1)+D1 "Bruce D." <BruceD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B0C0AEB-3FF4-4541-8836-B7F50124534C@microsoft.com... > I need help. I can't quite grasp writing formulas in Excel yet. I am trying > to find the lowest dollar amount between cells A1,B1,C1 and then add that to ...

getting column and row names if a cell has a value
Hello, I am trying to pull data out of a large Excel spreadsheet to get a slimmed down version.. I have a large spreadsheet (100+ columns by 500+ rows, and 12 worksheets) that I'm trying to make sense of in order to import into another program. Each Column has a four-digit code for a "name", each row has a five- digit code for its "name." The majority of cells have a value of '0'. I am trying to get excel to look at the range, and if there is a value that is not zero in a cell, give me the column name in one column, the row name in the next column then the v...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

How do you prevent users from pasting over validated cells?
I have a range of validated cells where the user can only pick values from the specified list. I don't want them to be able to overwrite these cells with values not in the list by pasting data etc. How do I prevent this? While in your spreadsheet, unlock all those cells where you want to allow users to enter data. (Format, Cells, Protection, untick "Locked"). Now click on Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet. There are a number of options you can select or deselect. At this stage you can also specify a password to unprotect the sheet, so that only you can do that. Users ca...

Scrolling through cells
I'm having trouble scrolling through the cells using the arrows. When I was typing in a cell I used to be able to press one of the arrow keys and it would automatically go to the next cell. Now when I press the arrow key is sticks the next cell in as part of a formula. I'm not sure what's happened to change this. Can anyone help???? thanks :) You are probably in Extend mode. This happens when you press F8. It shows "EXT" in the Status bar (to the right) Press F8 again to deactivate this. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "alice" &l...

Matching a value in two worksheets, and then copying a cell from one to other
Hi there, Noob alert :) I have a workbook containing several worksheets. I will be adding another worksheet that will, in effect, be a master for all of the other worksheets. In the source worksheets (existing) there will be several employee id's (unique) per sheet (sheets are different departments), and a seperate column housing that employees pay rate. Any employee may work for one or more departments, so there may be duplicate id's when considering all of the worksheets, but in each, the id will be unique. What I would like to do, is have the master worksheet with an individual u...

Page & Cell Ref.
I have a number of sheets that contain names in various cells, always in the same column. I have been trying to find a method to indicate the page number and cell reference to a query. E.G. If I enter the name "Mary" it would list the page numbers and cell reference were this appears. Any help appreciated. Many Thanks, George Hi very difficult as the page number depends on your paper settings. There's no build-in function for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "George" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:040801c4...

How do I get a chart to only display the dates in my table?
I am trying to graph a large group of data. It is a series of dates (not all consecutive) - with the time it takes to do a task on each of the dates. When I graph it - it fills in all the "missing" dates. For instance lets say a set of data would be: Date: 12-1-08 12-5-08 12-6-08 12-6-08 12-12-08 Time: .5 .34 .93 1.2 .25 On my graph it would put a date for every date between 12-1 and 12-12 even if there is no data. Is there any way to have Excel graph only the dates that have data? Change the axis from t...

COUNTING DATES #4
How do i write a formula to count the number of lines on a database of information that have a date that matches todays date? Say I have a huge database with 10,000 lines of info and I want it to look at all the info and put a number in a cell that says how many of the lines in the datbase contain todays date. -- na See COUNTIF Worksheet Function in help --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Cody" &l...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

change size of a cell
I am using Excel 2003. Is there a way to change the size of a cell without changing the surrounding columns and rows? No, But you can drag a text box from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula bar type =f11 and the contents of cell f11 will be displayed. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Amy J." <AmyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B69EA363-9513-4C3A-BC1F-AA95716C7EDB@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2003. Is there a way to change the size of a cell without > changing the surrounding columns and rows? No...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Simple Date Range Help
I have a project for work that need data broken up as follows Billed Sales Affiliate International Billed Sales Affiliate Domestic We have special codes for each International and Affiliate, so sorting that will be no problem. I need to know a way to pull the data by just inputting a weekly date range and displaying the total for the week. My supervisor suggested going through the entire backup of excel files for the weeks in the month pulling out everything but what I need then making a pivot table. This seems like a huge process. I know there can be a date range...

Problem with combining cells
Hi, Am wondering if anyone has tried this before. I would like to combine the contents of two cells into one. Eg: Cell C3 = 25 and cell D3= kg/m3. The number 3 in cell D3 is in subscript format. However, when I combine the cells using "Concatenate" or "&" function, the formatting for the subscript is lost. Is there anyway I can do this? ;-D One way would be to Copy > PasteSpecial > Values on the cell and then re-format for the superscript 3 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "yhm" <yhm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

split contents in one cell into two cells
i have data in a microsoft word document that is 2 long columns, seperated by a space. when i copy and paste this into Excel, it copies it into 1 column with a space between the numbers. how can i split this one column into 2 different columns? Hi egoldwyn Use Data>Text to columns in the menu bar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "egoldwyn" <egoldwyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78393FA1-FC1D-45DE-9BB9-C580884592FF@microsoft.com... >i have data in a microsoft word document that is 2 long columns, seperated by > a space. wh...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Count cells in a column that contain dates
Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do this? If the only cells that are in that column that are numeric (like dates), you can use: =count(a:a) (Dates are just numbers formatted nicely in excel.) Cachod1 wrote: > > Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count > the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do > this? -- Dave Peterson ...