the unprotect sheet is not highlighted

I protected a set of worksheet in a work book and now I need to "unprotect"
them but the "unprotect sheet" is not highlighted. Please help

--
confused
0

have you unprotected the workbook first then tried to unproect the work sheet?
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Maddie" wrote:

> I protected a set of worksheet in a work book and now I need to "unprotect"
> them but the "unprotect sheet" is not highlighted. Please help
>
> --
> confused
0
John1063 (943)

how do i move an image on a sheet
I Have an image on a sheet which i want to have moving from left to right while the sheet is being viewed when cell B4 has "Please wait" in it. ...

Unprotect Worksheet
Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook and for some stupid reason I password protected one of the sheets and can't remember it. Any ideas? TIA. The silence on this one is deafening ... You can hear a pin drop. I finally got the pwd straight and am now back in business. Lesson learned: No more pwd's when protecting unless they are going somewhere where you have no control.. On 1/31/2010 4:08 PM, Jethro Pull wrote: > Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook > and for some stupid reason I password pro...

Formatting unprotected sections
Hi, I'm currently working on a template (.dotx) for Word 2007 where I want to protected several sections with the 'Filling in forms' protection. So far it's ok - but in the unprotected section I'm unable to use things like 'Bullets' and 'Numbering' - why is this, and mere importantly how do I solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated /JEN As you are using Word 2007, consider using Content Controls rather than formfields. Alternatively, use a UserForm (Custom Dialog) to get the user's input See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

Multiple sheets
Hi I have several workbooks with a sheet in for each day (W1Mo etc) which all link to a daily totals sheet in a seperate workbook. What I've done is named the total figure cell in each column and then linked that to the daily sheet, but I have approx 120 named cells per workbook. Is there an easier/better way? Thanks Wendy Why are you using named cells? This will take longer to set up than normal cell references. Pete On Jan 25, 10:01=A0am, "Wendy" <we...@sunnygirl.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have several workbooks with a sheet in for each day (W1Mo etc)...

excel vba
I have set up my sheet to protect using a password name login which the runs the macros. It is set up so that the sheet's cells cannot b edited, but the person can copy/paste the info onto another sheet. This is a problem because there are hidden cells which contai sensitive data. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, just a comment that i just found out, check out this link that I was refered too. That password that you setup doesn't do squat when you have access to this... http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html I was mad when I saw this, when mean...

Taking a cell from sheet 2 to sheet 1 (newbie here)
Hey Folks, I am very new here and just joined the forums. I wanted to as how to take information from a cell on sheet #2 to sheet #1. There ar going to be many instances with the workbook I am making of doing this. I just have yet to figure out how to make this happen. Also if i helps at all the �digit� that will be in the initial cell (being copie from) is going to be from a function of some sort ( ex: D4 x D8 ) Thanks for any and all answers. If this sounds confusing just ask i the thread. Also if I happened to post this in the wrong part sorr and bare with as I am new. Thank You ...

Filter on sheet with some cells protected?
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet which has four columns of formulas protected so people can't change them! However, i still want people to be able to filter the spreadsheet and this isn't working, is there a way of locking those cells but not stopping people from filtering? Kirstie If you are using Excel 2000 or earlier, then you do not have the option to allow filtering when you protect a sheet. However, one way around this is to copy/move your formulae to another sheet which you can protect (and hide if you want to), and then have links in your first sheet to the cells with the...

4 postcards on 1 sheet
publisher 2007 If I go to print and click multiple copies it will print 4 on a page but then I have to print one page at a time. I tried the page set up/ postcard/ us letter and couldn't get that to work. publisher 2003 was alot easier! -- linda Use the Avery US Letter postcard setup. 3263 works every time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "linda" <linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55AD7066-6417-454A-8222-DAFED428F979@microsoft.com... > publisher 2007 If I go to print an...

Formatting In Unprotected Section of Template
Good morning, In Office 2003 you were able to add bullets in an unprotected section of a template - now, with 2007, this option is no longer available. Any other suggestions? - I have used the Insert Symbol and Alt 0149 but is there another way? Thank you, Jeanne In an unprotected section of a protected document, you can press Ctrl+Shift+L to quickly apply the List Bullet style to the selected paragraphs. So-called quick styles can be applied via the Styles box on the Home tab. Also note that you can apply any style via the Style box which you can add to the Quick Acc...

print 1 paper from 2 sheets
How can i print the range a1:m10 from sheet 1 AND a11:r10 from sheet 2 on ONE piece of paper ? Anybody knows a solution ? ---------------------------------------- Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter 203 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd. Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog! Create a new sheet. Copy A1:M10 of Sheet1 to that new sheet Copy A11:R10 of sheet 2 to that new sheet Print from there. If you have to do this lots of times, you can select A1:M10 edit|copy to the new sheet shift-edit|paste picture link And the same with A11:R10. By using paste ...

Hyperlink to specific excel sheet from powerpoint or Word
Can we create a hyperlink to a particular sheet (or a defined range) in a excel document from powerpoint / word?? ~Yogendra Yogendra Yes. Insert > Hyperlink and type something like this C:\Dick\NG\02 Feb\Book1.xls#Sheet1!A10 Everything after the # is called the subaddress and determines where in the sheet the link goes. -- Dick Kusleika Excel MVP Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com yogendra.joshi@gmail.com wrote: > Can we create a hyperlink to a particular sheet (or a defined range) > in a excel document from powerpoint / word?? > > ~Yogendra ...

populating sheet with data from other sheets
Email: gbeard12@sbcglobal.net TOTALS: 38 Sets in Progress 16,764 7,908 8,856 47.2% Priority Year Set Info Set Total Have Need % Complete Updated LOW 1952 TOPPS 407 0 407 0.0% LOW 1953 TOPPS 274 0 274 0.0% LOW 1954 TOPPS 250 0 250 0.0% LOW 1955 TOPPS 206 0 206 0.0% LOW 1956 TOPPS 340 0 340 0.0% LOW 1957 TOPPS 407 1 406 0.2% LOW 1958 TOPPS 494 2 492 0.4% LOW 1959 TOPPS 572 33 539 5.8% LOW 1960 TOPPS 572 10 562 1.7% SCROLL DOWN! LOW 1961 TOPPS 587 3 584 0.5% LOW 1962 TOPPS 598 0 598 0.0% LOW 1...

form validation determines which sheet to add data
Let's say I'm creating a form that a non tech savvy used car dealer uses to enter his newly acquired vehicles to the excel workbook. Each sheet of the workbook is a unique model year of the car. (That would allow him to quickly refer to all vehicles of a given year.) On the input form, I would like validation such that if he selected "2006" from the drop down list of vehicle years, the data from the form would be AUTOMATICALLY be added to sheet "2006", regardless of which sheet is currently showing at the time. What would the code look like? I su...

Comments
Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. Thanks. yes is posible. you have to pick 'edit objects' on sheet protction dialog box. "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C64722-B491-43A9-8328-3C25F3C7F8CB@microsoft.com... | Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a | worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. | | Thanks. ...

Watermark Image on Sheet
Is it possible to place a 'Watermark' image on a worksheet i.e. Company logo as you can do in Word? Thanks Hi John, In order to print a watermark. Watermark, printing of, Robert Rosenberg. Also Ron de Bruin has a zip file. http://google.com/groups?selm=%23Af%244ZZeAHA.1692%40tkmsftngp02 http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "John" <johndoconnor@yaho...

Avg. All #'s on sheet
Hi there...Anyone know how I could write a formula that will average al #'s on my sheet...The range will have text in it that I want it t ignore. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com nevermind....should have just tried it first. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

HELP: Sheet embedded comboboxes
Hi all, I am assisting somebody with their excel project and they have a sheet with comboboxes in it. When a value is selected, it populates cells underneath, however when the data is freshly loaded, the cell underneath is given the value but the combobox does not update to this value. I have tried to click on the box to edit it, however no matter how many times i click i cannot seem to get it to recognise i've clicked. In other words, the resizing box does not come up and i have no right-click menu. All i can do is select from the drop down list without any editing of the proper...

sheet tab
I want to increase font size of name 's sheet. What should I do?, Can you help me?,,Pls thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=38f461ab-99f6-47aa-b5ea-15e79e3d27c2&dg=microsoft.p...

Pivot using three sheets
I use Pivot table (Excel 2000) regulary for summarising my data. Now my data is spread over three sheets. How can I include the data from all the three sheets in one pivot table. Because as I understand, the Pivot table can include only values only from one sheet. Please guide me. On the very first step towards creating a pivot table, instead of just hitting next, take a look at the multiple consolidation ranges option. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP -----------------------------------...

can i wrap rows to form multiple rows per row to fit on 1 sheet?
i have a worksheet with very long rows (a to cf). For printing i would like to wrap the rows to fit on a single page, and then seperate each set with a space. I would also like to wrap the headers too, of course. is this possible? Say you're creating 10 columns per new row. So it kind of looks like this: $A$1 $B$1 $C$1 $D$1 $E$1 $F$1 $G$1 $H$1 $I$1 $J$1 $K$1 $L$1 $M$1 $N$1 $O$1 $P$1 $Q$1 $R$1 $S$1 $T$1 $U$1 $V$1 $W$1 $X$1 $Y$1 $Z$1 $AA$1 $AB$1 $AC$1 $AD$1 $AE$1 $AF$1 $AG$1 $AH$1 $AI$1 $AJ$1 $AK$1 $AL$1 $AM$1 $AN$1 $AO$1 $AP$1 $AQ$1 $AR$1 $AS$1 $AT$1 $AU$1 $AV$1 $AW$1 $AX$1 $AY$1 $...

vlookup from multiple sheets
i have data in 10 different sheets (Sheet 2 to Sheet11)with identical columns. i need to use the vlookup function in Sheet1 taking the range from column E to H from each sheet. Is there any tool whereby i can make te vookup function once for all sheets and need not to use it for 10 times. regards See http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/VlookupAllSheets.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Radhakant Panigrahi" <rkp.gen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8A5B07E3-6E82-439D-96A6-FF556386DD32@microsoft.com... >i have data in 10 different sheets (Sheet 2 to ...

unprotect sheet
Hi, I have a workbook with: protected sheets & protected worbook (diferent passwords) I use my password to open the workbook, and another password to unprotect the sheets. It seems that I forgot or mistyped one of the sheets, and it is always telling me that I am not entering the correct password to unprotect the sheet. So I need to unprotect a sheet in an open Excel workbook. can any one help Khalil Hi Khalil check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html it's quite scary how easy it is to unprotect the sheets :) Cheers JulieD "Khalil Handal" <seminar...

Comparing sheets
Is it possible to compare two different sheets similar to the way the EXACT function compares two cells? I have two sheets that are probably exactly alike, but they are two different versions from two different users so it won't allow me to compare and merge. I just need to check if possibly some data has been changed. Thank you in advance Take a look at Compare which is downloadable from here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Allison&q...

Changing default buttons in a property sheet
I've asked this question before with no satisfactory answers, so I thought I'd ask it again. I have a property sheet (set up as a wizard) where, on some of the pages, I'd like to set the default button to a button on the page, rather than the Back or Next button. I've tried using SetDefID() to set the default button, but this did not seem to work. Not only do the buttons remain the same visually, but when the user hits the Enter key, it is the Back or Next button (whichever was the default before I tried to change it) that gets "pressed", and the wizard changes...