tenure calculations

how can I format several dates such as 04/19/2003, 04/01/2004, etc. int
a yearly average for the employee tenure

right now say I have my yearly figures in i1-i9. The formula I though
would work is

=today()-average(i1:i9), but how would i format this to give me
yearly read out

Hi djackson!

One way is to use YEARFRAC with a third argument of 1 to get your
tenures in years and fractions of a year and then average the result.
However YEARFRAC does produce some annoying but small errors.

You method formatting the result yy mm dd produces a result that is
difficult to interpret.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"djackson >" <<djackson.181rtp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> right now say I have my yearly figures in i1-i9. The formula I
> thought
> would work is
>
> =today()-average(i1:i9), but how would i format this to give me a
> yearly read out?
>

> ---

njharker (1646)

How to calculate age of a person?

how to calculate outliers

Due Date Calculated

Calculated field options???

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

calculation formulas
Since today I am facing some peculiar change in my excel files. When I drag a formula from one cell to another cell, result of the first cell itself are reflected in the subsequent cells. Then I have to press F9 key so that all cells give proper calculation of the formulas. E.g Product Price Qty Value A 2 10 20 B 5 15 20 C 10 20 20 D 4 2 20 E 6 5 20 I did the above table in exel. Cell D2 was the result of multiplication of B2 & C2. Thats is correct. The I dragged the formula from D2 to D6. However in this res...

Calculator
Money 2004 If your using a calculator other than the clunky one that comes with Windows, you can have IT open form within Money by editing the Registry. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\12.0 Edit the String Value, Calculator to point to the path of your preferred calculator. Kevin ...

How to Create a Discount Calculator based on volume
I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the discount rate based on the number of units. The discounts are: if units =<50 price = 10 if units =>51 and <101 price = 9.75 if units =>101 and <201 price = 8.75 if units =>201 and <301 price = 8.00 if units =>301 and <401 price = 7.00 if units =>501 and <501 price = 6.00 if units =>501 price = 5.00 I have tried to create a module in VBA,...

calculation of average cost GP 9
GP 9.0 automatically generates adjustments in the General Ledger if an item was sold or was consumed from inventory and if the cost was then changed. Does it also post the transaction to the sub ledger? If it only makes a general journal entry to the GL then you sub ledger will never match you ledger. Is this correct? How can this be a feature? Are you telling us that when you perform a transaction that consumes an item, like an issue transaction, you are changing the cost on the transaction? You should not do that! In average costing systems, the cost displayed on the transaction scre...

calculating clock times
if i enter "7:00 am in one cell and 5:45 pm in another cell, what formula do in enter in another cell to caluclate the time? On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 11:04:01 -0800, gma <gma@mircosoft.com> wrote: >if i enter "7:00 am in one cell and 5:45 pm in another cell, what formula do >in enter in another cell to caluclate the time? If the first cell is A1 and the other cell is A2, try the following formula in a third cell: =A2-A1 Format the third cell to display the time difference the way you like. Hope this helps / Lars-�ke hi do you mean subtract or add?? ...

Calculate a biweekly date
Is there a way to use a formula to calculate a biweekly pay day? For example, I want a spreadsheet that automatically puts the date for every other Wednesday throughout the year?? Automatically how? In what way, what would you do to trigger this date entry? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "TimT" <TimT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7681C94C-AB08-4141-AC45-1CD04C7788D7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to use a formula to calculate a biweekly pay day? For > example, I want a spreadsheet that automatically puts the date for every > other Wednesday th...

Excel Calculator..
How would I go about this and is it doable? I want to make a calculator that will determine the number of stamps needed to get postage needed. Column A will contain the header "Stamp Value". Below it will be every stamp denomination currently available, ie: .42, .17, .27, .01, .03, etc.I'll input these and change them as necessary. Column B will have check boxes that you can check off what stamps you have.. for example in our office I have $1.00 stamps, .42 cents, .27 cents, and .17 cents only. One of the cells on the sheet you will input how much postage you need.. f...

automated employee tenure summary using Customized Charts with VBA
:confused: hi, can you help on my queries? i want to use a single excel file as my database (for employee tenure summary)....the first workheet will contain the interface(built using VB objects) the second will contain the database and the third one will contain the charts... 1. how can i update my database without the cells being overwritten by the new record? 2. how can i make my chart be updated automatically according to this categories.... name, length of tenure (in months then in years), length of training (in months) and the time of resignation, by just inputting the current date......

Two Calculations in one cell?
Is it possible to have 2 separate calculations in one cell? I have a summary Table on one Sheet which gets its values from two other sheets. D E F G H I 2000/1 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4 2004/5 20 Bonus: Area 15 11 10 6 10(2) 21 Bonus: National 28 29 63 22 39(5) 22 Voucher : Area 22 52 84 54 52(7) 23 Voucher : National 36 7 25 21 17(3) 24 Team ...

Calculate AGE
i need help to calculate age by using dob.what kind of field do i need for the dob and what kind of format? thanks irit DOB should be a date field. Age (in years) is calculated as DateDiff("yyyy", [DOB], Date) - _ IIf(Format([DOB], "mmdd") < Format(Date, "mmdd"), 1, 0) DateDiff calculates how many "year crossings" occur between the two dates: it'll say that there's 1 year between 31 Dec of one year and 1 Jan of the next year, despite the fact that it's really only 1 day. That's why you subtract 1 from the calculation if the ...

how to calculate exchange rate?
Please I need a formulea to calculate Country exchange rate? Many thanks Question is a bit vague... If you just want a formula to say convert $10 (In A1) to �GBP (In B1) at a rate of 1.8 �/$ then in Cell B1 enter =A1/1.8 You can put the exchange rate in say C1 and always refer to that, so it's easy to change =A1/$C$1 or is you have a series of currencies with say currency codes in a table with their exchange rates then you should consider looking at VLOOKUP in help If you need more help. post back with more info -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nic...

VBA Calculation with Variables 03-26-10
Hello: I'm trying to modify a program I wrote with some help a number of years ago and find that I have fallen behind in programming thought. The program currently scans each row (representing a person) and places up to the last eight >0 values into an array which is then sorted low to high numbers. In that version the 4 lowest values were summed and an average returned . The revision is to place up to the last ten >0 values into the array and sort low to high. This is where the change takes place in that now I want to calculate an average if there are anywhere ...

Tenure Date Formula
I am trying to figure out a formula using today date - start date= years.months in service. Can someone help me. Thanks. -- adams77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ adams77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567485 http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "adams77" <adams77.2bx4r3_1154531708.141@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:adams77.2bx4r3_115453...