Table of cells contains comingled text (A,B,C,1,2,3)-formated as .

Have a "Log sheet" of digital photo file numbers which has a column formated
as text with alpha & numerical (formated as text) entries to designate the
printing instructions for each file.

So a cell may contain a single entry as "A" or "C" or "1" or "5" etc. or it
could contain multiple combintations as "B,3" or "D,1,1" which give the lab
instructions on what to print and how many of each unit to print.

Need to total the number of "A" or "B" or "1" or "3" entries that occur in
the "Log" table. Can this be done?

Using Office 2003 Excel
0
WIM4246 (2)

One way:

    =COUNTIF(A:A, "*A*")

In article <DC5C6FB3-4621-4D64-A960-549316E96955@microsoft.com>,
 "WIM4246" <WIM4246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Have a "Log sheet" of digital photo file numbers which has a column formated
> as text with alpha & numerical (formated as text) entries to designate the
> printing instructions for each file.
>
> So a cell may contain a single entry as "A" or "C" or "1" or "5" etc. or it
> could contain multiple combintations as "B,3" or "D,1,1" which give the lab
> instructions on what to print and how many of each unit to print.
>
> Need to total the number of "A" or "B" or "1" or "3" entries that occur in
> the "Log" table. Can this be done?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/2/2004 3:00:24 PM
THANKS - It is TOO obvious when broken down to a simple procedure, I was
making it way to complicated in trying to do it all in one step - and just
didn't think of the "*" Wild Card part of the syntax.  THANKS

"WIM4246" wrote:

> Have a "Log sheet" of digital photo file numbers which has a column formated
> as text with alpha & numerical (formated as text) entries to designate the
> printing instructions for each file.
>
> So a cell may contain a single entry as "A" or "C" or "1" or "5" etc. or it
> could contain multiple combintations as "B,3" or "D,1,1" which give the lab
> instructions on what to print and how many of each unit to print.
>
> Need to total the number of "A" or "B" or "1" or "3" entries that occur in
> the "Log" table. Can this be done?
>
> Using Office 2003 Excel
0
WIM4246 (2)

Move 2 cells to right
hi, Please help. In excel vba, what is the command to move the cursor. Example: The cursor was in one cell and i want move it 2 cells to the left. Thanks in advance. Activecell.Offset(0,2).Select -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F380F18E-8A51-44DC-82AA-F83FE91FD34B@microsoft.com... > hi, > Please help. > In excel vba, what is the command to move the cursor. > Example: The cursor was in one cell and i want move it 2 cells to the left. > > Thanks in a...

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Bounce back #2
Some users receive the following message when they send emails to receipients in our Organization. The email address is valid. The user has not moved. Why do I still get this bounces?? Thanks The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Michael Jacson on 5/16/05 5:26 PM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=US;a= ;p=USTR;l=USDFFG-050516205304Z-105 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:dfdfd:U...

Migration of Data from v 1.2 to v 3.0
Hi, My current MS CRM v 1.2 runs on SBS. The plan is to use a 3 server deployment using MS CRM v 3.0. What are the ways on how we can migrate the data from v 1.2 to v 3.0 using the new deployment scenario (3 servers)??? Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you. Agnes ...

Conditional Format for Blank Cells
I am trying to figure out, if possible, to make certain blank cells in a row/column to be filled-in (blacked out) if a certain cell contains a particular text. For example: Let's say I'm wanting to create a spreadsheet that will help me indicated, from a list of ingredients in Column A, what ingredients to make for certain cakes. If Cell B1 Contains the word 'pound cake', then I wanted a range of cells in that same column to shade out those ingredients that do not pertain to making a pound cake. Is this clear? Is this possible?? Thanks! -- -Liz >I...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Dependent cells
I have a financial model with some 15-20 worksheets. I dont need a lot of these work sheets and would ideally like to delelte them but before that i want to ensure that no cell references to other worksheets i.e. cells in other worksheets are not dependent on the to-be-deleted sheet. I have tried CtrlG>Alt S>dependent cells Formula Auditing tool but these are too tedious when i have too many cells filled in every worksheet. Any other way to ensure that the sheet has no dependents? Tks/Amag Ps: tried http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/9255c6015d...

selection.text erro 1004
Hi all, I am experiencing a problem that is drving me crazy... I have this portion of code in excel 2007, where I decide to change the text of the 12th element of a group of shapes (line and text box) If Range_maxmej = True Then logicsheetmej.Shapes(xyz).GroupItems(12).Select Selection.Text = Importsheetmej.Cells(imej, 11) End If logicsheetmej and Importsheetmej are defined as sheets. this code in office 2007 works perfectly, absolutely no problem Now, i have also to make possible to use it in excel 2003. and it does ...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

format cells for date not working...please help
I have imported a text document, everything worked. I have dates i cells in a format like 23-5-2004. I need to change them to 5/23/2004. go to format the cells to this date format and nothing happens. I hav tried to format a single cell this way, and nothing. I have als unchecked the protection box. It will kill me to do 5000 dates one b one. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm guessing the 23-5-2004 is Text, not a real date. Try selecting the dates and Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next "column data format"...

Star Printer #2
I just got Star Printer TSP100. The cash drawer is working and the printer is working, but there is about a minute delay for the printer to work. Any Ideas? I am running RMS on Windows XP. Thanks. Are you using the Star OPOS drivers? If so, I think there is a place in the OPOS setup for startup delay or something like that. -- John M. "melcort" <melcort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A07836-8153-4FEE-81EA-CDA75FB919C4@microsoft.com... >I just got Star Printer TSP100. The cash drawer is working and the printer > is working, but there i...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

XL XP dissapearing (hidden) numeric values, cell width
This is a newbie question, but... I was just upgraded to Windows and Office XP, and am working on a workbook to help someone out at work. I have several very narrow columns (for formatting reasons that affect other rows) My target cell is right justified, so that anything that shows will overlap to the left (right side of cell is the border of print area) When I put text in the cell, it overlaps to the left as expected. With numbers, the numbers don't overlap the cell border, and are therefore not visible (similar to when you have a number too large for a regular-sized column, it shows...

vlookup -- converting numbers to text
I have a report (worksheet) that stores my "item numbers" that look like numbers as numbers. I have another report (worksheet) that stores all item numbers as text. I am trying to do a vlookup from the first report to the second report but I am having problems converting the number to text. For example, if the item number is 1202.01, I am trying to do the following: vlookup(text(B2,"0.00"),Lookup,2,false) where B2=1202.01 stored as a number. "Lookup" is a named range where the first column is the item number which is stored as text. This is returning...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

Mailbox move hangs #2
Hi, Installed a new Exchange 2003 server and have been moving mailboxes from the previous Exchange 2000 server. Moved about 70 mailboxes with no problem, now suddenly I'm doing three more and it hangs on "Opening Destination Mailbox". I don't want to force it to stop. Is there anyway to tackle this? Thanks, John In case anyone is interested. This was caused by my own mistake. Because I moved the mailboxes over several nights, I forgot the fact that I installed Anti-virus software during the day this problem surfaced. The instructions say to turn off Anti-virus so...

save formats of percentage when copying a chart
How do I keep the percentage format of data on a chart when I copy/move the chart to another spreadsheet that does not have the original data in it? ...

In macros, an instruction that returns the position of the Active Cell
In a macro, how can I make it return the position of the Active Cell Colum & Line. Or how can I set that position as a Condition; e.g. �If ActiveCell i B7 Then�.� Or �If ActiveCell belongs to Column G Then�.� Thanks in advance for any help. AC -- ac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aca's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=385 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187368645 Hi Sub test() Dim ws1 As Worksheet Set ws1 = Workbooks("Tester.xls").Sheets("Sheet2") With ws1 MsgBox ("Cell address is &qu...

Changing the Year in formatted Date
I would like to change to year portion from 2009 to 2010 in multiple cells. The cells are formatted as Date with *3/14/2001 selected for k = 1 to 5 Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k,2)=Date if Date.year = 2009 then Date.year=2010 next k Date.year is incorrect. How do I change and save the date? Sub dural() Dim d As Date, s As String For i = 1 To 30 d = Cells(i, 1).Value m = Month(d) dt = Day(d) s = m & "/" & dt & "/" & "2010" Cells(i, 1).Value = DateValue(s) Next End Sub -- Gary''s...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ! #2
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) We also have an Import Utility. The base option does items and related fix data. But it also does catalogue import. Additional module availa...