Tabbing from cell to cell

When I press the tab key in a brand new worksheet the cursor moves from A1 to
L1 then to W1...anyone?
Thanks!
Connie
0
connief (3)

An effect similar to the one you describe can occur if the "Transition
navigation keys" checkbox is active.  Goto Tools>Options>Transition and see
if the box is checked

"ConnieF" wrote:

> When I press the tab key in a brand new worksheet the cursor moves from A1 to
> L1 then to W1...anyone?
> Thanks!
> Connie
0
bigwheel926 (227)

Counting non-blank cells
I need a simple formula to count non-blank cells. The cell data is numerical and I need to exclude the header row. I am doing a SUM function for 1 part of my information (total hours for category), but now need to how many entries per category. Any help would be greatly appreciated! On Wed, 5 May 2004 14:53:11 -0700, "Kathryn Bittman" <Kathryn.Bittman@state.or.us> wrote: >I need a simple formula to count non-blank cells. The >cell data is numerical and I need to exclude the header >row. > >I am doing a SUM function for 1 part of my information >...

Drop down text box when cell is selected
Hi, I've got a spreadsheet that I need to modify. There are some cells that have drop down 'text' boxes associated with them that are activated only when the cell is selected. There is no indication on the cell that there is a 'comment' attached - they're not inserted comments. I've looked in the code for anything relating to 'activation' but there's nothing there at all. Any one got any ideas on how this type of user help box is generated? Regards Roger Look at Data>Validation Thre must be a list attached HTH -- AP "Roger" <roger.b...

insert row below where the cell data is "Wednesday"
Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row based on data....thanks!! ....Lisa Excel 2003 look in vba help index for FIND if only one or FINDNEXT if more. Good example -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156424702.624278.17530@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row > based on data....thanks!! > > ...Lisa Excel 2003 > If you're trying to insert a new row when the values in a column change, may...

summing cells with variables
I need to sum a group of cells, but the column is dependent on another equation. Therefore I know that I want to sum from G1 and I know that I want to sum to the 13th row and kth column where k is a number that has been calculated using the MATCH function. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeff Something like =SUM(OFFSET(A13,,,MATCH("t",H1:H25,0))) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0601c52019$4dcc8f10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to sum a group ...

Cell acting funny...
Hey Ya'll! I have a cell that is merged from 14 rows and 8 columns basically the whole sheet of regular size paper, from left to right. have 3 paragraphs typed and there is enough room to fit all of th words. But for some reason, excel is letting the last 29 words kee going to the right (off the page, behind the other cells), instead o wrapping as all the other words in this cell did, and as I formatte this cell to do. Any ideas as to what's going on and how I can fix it Thanks in advance -- Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roz's Pro...

Getting a cell address and using it
I have a spreadsheet containing production information. I want to b able to search by date (can do this using VLOOKUP), and extrac information from the same row as that date. However, I also want to be able to extract the previous 10 entries a well, for comparison purposes. ie I enter a date and find that it is in B95, and the piece of info want is in C95. I also want to be able to pull out C86-94 and place i all into a new sheet. I'd be grateful for any help offered. Thank -- dudar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dudara's Profile: http://w...

Referencing a cell value on a chart
I am trying to reference a cell value on a sheet. As this total changes I want that to be reflected on the chart. This cell has a function that totals a column of costs to give me a total cost. I created a graph that shows the individual columns but I want there to be a total cost figure on that sheet. Does anyone know how to reference that cell value on the cost chart? If you want the text from a cell to appear in the chart: Select the chart Type an equal sign Click on the cell that contains the Total Cost Press the Enter key A text box will appear near the centre of the chart. Drag...

Format Cells #11
In one particular worksheet If I right click on a cell and click on "Format Cells..." the format cell window does not show up. The worksheet is not protected and there is no conditional formatting. If I create a new worksheet, rt. click on a cell and select format cell.. the popup works fine. what is a-miss with this spread sheet? ...

Mouse click on cell does not make cell active
Working in ExCel on new Macintosh iMac G5 computer, I suddenly lose capability to make cell active by clicking mouse on a cell. I can use arrow keys to move cell to cell to enter data but cannot make cell active for entry by moving mouse to it and clicking. Need solution. Hi Jerry, Sounds like you turned sheet protection on and don't like the results. Tools, protection, unprotect sheet if instead you see "protect sheet" then that is not the problem. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Count specific characters in a cell
Is there a way to count the number of times a specific character occurs in a specific cell? For example, if cell A1 has "ABC123ABC" and I wanted to count the number of occurances that "A" showed up, and wanted the out put to be in B1. In this example the desired result would equal "2". -- Thank you, John Gregory It can be done by splitting the data into separate columns and then using a countif formula but that may not be feasable in the s/s. If you have a whole column of similar data then it's simple to use the Text to Columns feature. ...

line spacing in cell
I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. I've looked under cell format Press Alt-Enter where you want to start a new line! Regards, Stefi „dlh” ezt írta: > I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. > I've looked under cell format Thanks so much. Works great!! "Stefi" wrote: > Press Alt-Enter where you want to start a new line! > > Regards, > Stefi > > „dlh” ezt írta: > > > I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. &...

Cell reference formula problem
I have problems finding the correct formula for my Excel problem. My spread sheet is used for statistics for my web shop. In column A I have values representing sales figures for each order. In column B I have a figure representing number of orders during a day. These calculations work. Note that column B consists mostly of blanks. In column C I want to calculate the turnover for all orders that day. Example: Col A Col B Col C Row 3 150 4 1881 Row 4 143 Row 5 593 Row 6 995 Row 7 498 3 1056 Row 8 127 Row 9 ...

conditional colour formating of adjacent cells
I am trying to format a cell if adjacent cells satisfy certain criteria For example if cell a1="blue" and b1>1000 and c1="horses" then colou d1 orange, or some other constant predetermined colour withou affecting the text in d1. Thanks in advance Nige -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: - select cell D1 - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =(A1="blue")*(B1>1000)*(C1="horses") - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am trying to format a cell...

code to dis[play a message if the active cell contains an asteric
i haved a macro that allows a user to enter in an input bax a number that will multiply the value in the cell. i would like to have a message box appear if the macro is invoked and the cell has an asteric in it. How can i accomplish this? Basically, if one of the characters in the cell in an asteric, the a messagebox would state something to that effect. I know how to do a messagebox, what i dont know is the "if there is an asteric" part. thanks, Tonso On Feb 27, 1:01=A0pm, Tonso <wthoma...@hotmail.com> wrote: > i haved a macro that allows a user to enter in an input bax...

Exporting Excel data into Word doc w/o cell boxes
I am unable to export Excel data into Word without the boxes appearing. My co-worker is able to cut and paste into Word without the boxes. We believe we are both running Word 2000. Is there a setting I need to change or is my co-worked working in different version than me? Do the boxes in Word represent a table (like the cells in excel)? Maybe your coworker is Edit|Paste special|Unformatted Text??? You can tell the versions of excel and word by clicking on Help in the menubar. Then About Microsoft Word (or Excel). (Is there any chance that you're coworker did Table|Hide Gridl...

Organizing Tabs
I'm going to end up with a pretty busy spreadsheet that links to various websites and other places on my computer. I there a way to make an outline that can be minimized and left in a corner of the sceen that contains the outline of the workbook with bookmarks to various tabs? If so, will someone point me in the direction please? You can right click on the VCR like controls at the bottom left and see all your worksheets (and select from there). Or you could use David McRitchie's Table of Contents macro to build that list of worksheets/links. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/bu...

missing PERMISSIONS tab #2
I have no idea why, but the PERMISSIONS tab (in any user's mailbx properties in the Exch. 5.5 Administration screen) is missing. Nothing has changed on the server, but the nt4 domain controller no longer exists since the domain was migrated to W2K active directory. Any ideas on how to restore that tab? Please and thanks. Click Tools > Options > Permissions, and put a check in the box "Show Permissions Page for all Objects". -Peter "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7b3901c402ef$5b028e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I ha...

Is there any way of searching for duplicate cells?
Is there any way that i can do a easy search for duplicate cells, i am working on a very large spreadsheet. Hi Lisa, See Chip Pearsons Duplicates page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates --- Regards, Norman "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EF6C53A-9B8A-4B19-A50F-2CCC8921F7F4@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that i can do a easy search for duplicate cells, i am > working on a very large spreadsheet. ...

Tab Control 04-06-07
I'm not sure if anyone has tried or needed to do this... I have a Form already built and I want to add another Form to it (not a subForm). I want to create two Forms separated by tabs. I think this is fairly straight forward from scratch, but I have no idea how to copy the preexisting Form onto one tab and then create a new Form on the second tab...any ideas? alex "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1175875391.709252.237520@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > I'm not sure if anyone has tried or needed to do this... > > I have a Form already bu...

Importing cells into an excel spreadsheet from another spreadsheet
Hello, I am network administrator wanting to use excel to create a report for a client. The report is currently compiled from 7 other spreadsheets by hand (2-4 hour process). The information that is in the 7 other spreadsheets is in the same format every week. But to be safe I would like to extract the information from those spreadsheets from cells that are in the same row as the store number. So what I want is a macro/program to find the store reference number then go down the row to the cells that have the information that is needed in the new report. Although I am not an excel expert I have...

if statement to format cell
can anybody tell me how to fill a cell with color red if the value is negative and no fill if it is positive? thanks Hi Use Conditional formatting for this select the cell(s) you want this to happen in format / conditional formatting cell value is less than 0 click on the format button choose the patterns tab, choose red click OK & OK Regards JulieD "hovendick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a5201c47afa$d97d0b80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > can anybody tell me how to fill a cell with color red if > the value is negative and no fill if it i...

Cell format, want 100 to display as 1.00
In my Excel 97, I can format cells such that a number entered as, for example, 100 becomes 1.00 when I hit enter. Now in my Excel 2000 I simply can't get it to do that anymore. Now when I enter 100 it turns into 100.00 and that is not what I want. I want ### to be #.## Not ###.00 How can I fix this? I have been through all the cell formatting options and It just won't do it. Any ideas? Thanks. -Dan :confused: -- gliebetronics ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gliebetronics's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Using a formula in cell with a drop-down Box
I am developing a program to track my work schedule that consists of a couple of worksheets. For simplicity: In WORKSHEET 1 I have a simple layout with one cell dedicated to each day of the month. Each cell has a drop-down box that allows me to select ON or OFF, relating to whether I am scheduled to work or not. and each cell has a For each peron that I am scheduling, In WORKSHEET 2 I have two cells dedicated to each day of the month. Each cell has a drop-down box that allows me to select a starting time in one and an ending time in the other. What I am trying to do is to start in WORKS...

Help Needed ... Probably simple for you gurus ... locking cell after data entered and
positioning next cell after enter is hit I am very computer illiterate and have searched and experimented for 2 days with limited success here is currently what the macro does when data is entered into a cell that cell is filled with the color green....simple...and works also there is 3 different columns with data being entered...A....B....C....after data is entered in C it automatically puts the current date in the corresponding cell in column D....that is somewhat ok...would like it to time stamp it also here is features that I would like to add Once data is entered to a cell I would l...

Postpone subform query in tabbed control
I have a form containing a tabbed control. One tab in the tab control contains a subform loaded from a query. As I understand it, every time I page from row to row on the main form, the query in the subform runs. I dont want the query to run until the tab is accessed. If I happen to be on the tab, I do want it to run. Hope this makes sensnse. Is this possible? ...