Tab - motve one cell to righ

Tab is supposed to move one cell to the right. Mine moves from column A to S,
to AK to BC and so on. It always moves in hughe ranges. The arrow works,
however, I am used to the TAB and want to continue using that. Ther is
nothing in the set-up screens that would indicate this possibility. What am I
doing wrong?
--
Thanks for helping

Click on Tools/Options in Excel's menu bar, then select the Transition tab
and uncheck the CheckBox labeled "Transition navigation keys".

Rick

"Dies-und-Das" <DiesundDas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tab is supposed to move one cell to the right. Mine moves from column A to
> S,
> to AK to BC and so on. It always moves in hughe ranges. The arrow works,
> however, I am used to the TAB and want to continue using that. Ther is
> nothing in the set-up screens that would indicate this possibility. What
> am I
> doing wrong?
> --
> Thanks for helping

He is talking 2007 (in another thread), and has his answer.

--
HTH

Bob

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in
message news:%23JDQOqgQIHA.5184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Click on Tools/Options in Excel's menu bar, then select the Transition tab
> and uncheck the CheckBox labeled "Transition navigation keys".
>
> Rick
>

> "Dies-und-Das" <DiesundDas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Tab is supposed to move one cell to the right. Mine moves from column A
>> to S,
>> to AK to BC and so on. It always moves in hughe ranges. The arrow works,
>> however, I am used to the TAB and want to continue using that. Ther is
>> nothing in the set-up screens that would indicate this possibility. What
>> am I
>> doing wrong?
>> --
>> Thanks for helping

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
12/19/2007 9:35:37 AM
Why do people posting here seem to insist on multi-posting? It seems to be
more of a trend here in the Excel newsgroups than I ever saw over in the
compiled VB newsgroups. Thanks for the heads up.

Rick

message news:%235k1uTiQIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Why do people posting here seem to insist on multi-posting? It seems to be
> more of a trend here in the Excel newsgroups than I ever saw over in the
> compiled VB newsgroups. Thanks for the heads up.

I suspect because the VB group users use news readers - very many of the
posters both here and in all the other MS groups use the horrible web
interface, which MS seems to want them to use rather than a news reader. In
the old days the support links to newsgroups gave the OE link first. Now,
the first link is to the web interface....

0
gbplinux (1141)
12/19/2007 10:54:46 AM
Obviously, I am using a newsreader for my newsgroup interface, so I don't
know... does the web interface allow its users to cross-post (as opposed to
multi-post)?

Rick

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in
> message news:%235k1uTiQIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Why do people posting here seem to insist on multi-posting? It seems to
>> be more of a trend here in the Excel newsgroups than I ever saw over in
>> the compiled VB newsgroups. Thanks for the heads up.
>>

> I suspect because the VB group users use news readers - very many of the
> posters both here and in all the other MS groups use the horrible web
> interface, which MS seems to want them to use rather than a news reader.
> In the old days the support links to newsgroups gave the OE link first.
> Now, the first link is to the web interface....

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Password Protecting Cells
Can you protect different cells in a workbook with different passwords? For example, we have different departments that complete particular sections of a spreadsheet and we would like to be able to password protect each departments section with a different password. Thanks, Bernie J. Gord Dibben has some code here that can be modified: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversation.aspx?messageid=32445330&threadid=32445325 Where Gord unlocks columns, you might unlock ranges. Example: Case Is = "Steve": Range("A3:B30").Cells.Locked = False Note that that Gord did not...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value?
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? If you have a list of terms, maybe you can use an adjacent helper cell and use a nice =vlookup() formula to show your message. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Aubri wrote: > > Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Replace a value with the one above it in a field
Hi, I have a transaction table that has fields such as Date, TransactionNumber, ItemNumber, Quantity and Amount. It is data taken from a transactional system and imported in Access. The ItemNumber fields can have values of our Item Numbers such as 3142 or it will have the value of Discount. What I want to do is to somehow run a query that will replace Discount with the value above it. So if there is one record with a value of 3142 in the ItemNumber field and the next record has Discount in this field I want to change this value to 3142. Ten records later there may be a value of 20...

Formulas in a cell
Hi, new the the forum.... :) I needed some help regarding formulas and text in one cell. What i'm trying to do is develop a simple formula to calculate a simple number. The formula i have is: =(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1) But the problem (or myabe not a problem :( ) is that i need it to show as such: $103.57;1;NO;Case Price Is it possible to have a formula and text in the same cell, if so, how? :confused: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Saurabh -- sabrol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sabrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

How to replace one dll with a transparent one.
Hi, We have just received some new hardware which shall be replacement parts for old software. The new HW range are CAN-network units that are no longer ISA cards, but instead are external units on the network). We interface the HW using dlls provided by the HW supplier. The drivers are compatible with the ones used with old HW. The problem is that the new drivers return new error values which the old software does not recognize. For example loss of contact on the network. I have the .h file, .lib file and .dll file. First of all: Is there a way to solve this without upgrading my software...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Vlookup cells in combination of two columns (both in the lookup value AND table array)
I am trying to match information in multiple columns (lookup value) to the same multiple columns in the table array. If the combinations don't match then I'd like the return to be #N/A. I think an example can better clarify what I'm trying to accomplish because I haven't a clue whether I can do it... On the lookup worksheet I have... A1 B1 12345 Closeout 12345 First Fill 22233 First Fill 22233 Closeout On table array worksheet I only have one entry. A1 B1 12345 Closeout 22233 F...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Column/Cell format for Vlookup
I have a lookup formula that worked intermittently =vlookup(K4,'WBS!$A2:$G$330,6,0) Here is the problem: If I change the lookup value (say from 411120 to 431130), I get an NA although the numbers are there. If I go to the lookup sheet and copy and paste the value into my worksheet, it worked. Puzzling??? After making sure that the formats were the same -- I got the same result On the advice of a friend, I used Data, Text to Columns... and noticed that the setting was set to General. When I set the setting to Text everthing worked. Why? Why does Format, Cells, Text NOT work and D...

refer a cell text in b1 and extract remaing text from a1
I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c column. Hi In C1 =SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier Narnimar wrote: > I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like > "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to > extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c colum...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

In-cell formula/function to determine the color of a cell?
Hi all, I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which color the adjacent cell is. Is there an in-cell formula that will do this? TIA, cdj look at ASAPUtilities for functions using cell formats Eric "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f054cc1b-8a13-4ddd-8aeb-4a878bf52062@k1g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like > to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which colo...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

How do I make a fillable template out of one of my forms?
I have already have one of my designed form, but I would like to make it a fillable template form. I'm not a computer guy and need to be guided thru the process You could simply save your form as a template, which will let you reuse it over and over again. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "ROG" <ROG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:555A2996-CDD4-4F35-A490-3B24448DB1F4@microsoft.com... >I have already have one of my designed form, but I would like to make it a > fillable template form. I'm not...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Hyperlink to cell and have it appear at top upper left hand corner
I am new user. I have created 3 worksheets and defined names for certain cells. I have then created hyperlinks for those cells to go to other named cells. My problem is that when I click on the hyperlinked cell, Excel goes to the correct cell but I would like to have it appear at the top left corner of the spreadsheet. It instead might appear at the middle or right hand side of the spreadsheet. What can I do to correct this? Thank you in advance for anyones response. There must be a better way, but I would programatically check the left & top values of the cell and move a te...

Saving default tabs

IE8 Open new tab
hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set before, but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thanks Hi Dan, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabbed Browsing 'Settings' button. Sounds like you have turned off tabbed browsing sometime. Maybe with the Reset. Regards. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8693FE7A-05AE-43B1-A630-F0DF61284CD0@microsoft.com... > hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set > before, > but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thank...