Switching from Quattro Pro

I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one function I use a
lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data.  How do I do this???  Thanks!
0
anonymous (74718)

select cell, Copy, Paste special, values

"Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but one
function I use a
: lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data.  How do I do this???  Thanks!

0
nospam202 (664)
4/5/2004 1:21:19 PM
Thank you Thank You!!!!!!!!
0
anonymous (74718)
4/5/2004 1:51:04 PM
You should also look at what Data > Text to Columns  does..... very handy
when fiddling with formulas and text.

Rob.

"Lady Layla" <nospam@nowhere.now> wrote in message
> select cell, Copy, Paste special, values
>

> "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference
but one
> function I use a
> : lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data.  How do I do this???
Thanks!

0
lepperrj (8)
4/5/2004 1:55:21 PM
Press F2 (Edit) then F9 (Calc)

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am switching from Quattro Pro to Excel...not too big of a difference but
one function I use a
> lot in Q.P. is changing formulas into data.  How do I do this???  Thanks!

quattro pro converter Excel 2003
Would some one please tell me why MS does not have a converter for qpw to excel 2003. Why would they have it for Excel 2000 but not 2003. This make NO sense to me!!!! -- dr88363 If it works for Excel 2000, it works for Excel 2003 too. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "dr88363" <dr88363.1l3etm@news.officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:dr88363.1l3etm@news.officefrustration.com... > > Would some one please tell me why MS does not have a converter for qpw > to excel 2003. Why would they have it for Excel 2000 but not 2003. This > mak...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Office Pro on sub 700MHz Mac
I am about to buy Office 2004, but have the opportunity to buy Office 2004 Pro for very little extra cost. Although it is my intention to install Office on a 450 MHz G4, I'd quite like to have virtual PC for additional faster machine. I see that on the Microsoft website that the system requirements for Office Pro require a 700MHz Mac. Can anyone tell me if this is simply for Virtual PC, and can they confirm that the install requirements for the Office components are exactly those of the standard edition. Are there two completely separate CDs in the box, or do they use a combined installer...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Re: Project Pro 2007 via Citrix. SOAP toolkit error
-- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com "Matthew Summer" <mumbo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <c3d33c6579dc4f1283da2e5d10be1702@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:62.25.106.209 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.project.server > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Lines: 1 ...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

User Switch
XP, Home Edition ,SP3 Hello! Somehow thru my own judgment error I have managed to become a Computer Administrator..Prior to today I would go directly to the desktop and begin using my PC..Now I find myself having to allow the computer to load my personal settings..I would like to go back to the default(?) I had but I have scoured the options to go back and I don't know how..I am anxious to go back to what I had..I have never shared my computer so I guess I am ignorant about switching users...Thanks so Much...Nick Run System Restore to a time before the problem began. ...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...

Free Pro version: NetNewsWire news aggregator of RSS and Atom feeds
The Entourage Help Blog will alert you to the latest news and updates along with handy info to use Entourage. If you aren't using a dedicated news aggregator of RSS and Atom feeds, you might want to check out NetNewsWire. The pro version is now free! Previously, just the lite version was free. Download it now and subscribe to the Entourage Help Blog so you'll be notified whenever we update the blog. <http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/NetNewsWire/> Using NetNewsWire has really made keeping up to date with all things Mac so much easier for me. Now if Entourage had a Pro versi...

XP-Pro UNC network locks up several times a day, what to do?
I have an extremely annoying problem with my XP-Pro laptop. Several times a day (say 5-10 times) the networking locks up so that if I try anything in any application that has anything to do with networking then that application locks up. The block is on for several *minutes*, after which it goes away and the PC works normally again. The strange thing is that TCP/IP networking seems to be OK all the time, but not the accesses using UNC naming or any access to a mapped drive, which behind the scenes ia acually an UNC name mapping. These actions will trigger an application lock-up: -...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

http://fiscal.pro <- Domain Name for auction
Visit http://fiscal.pro to view "fiscal.pro" auction or bid. ...

Newsonly switch
I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to start WLM from DOS. I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked, "properties" target field, but was unable to do so. Is there any way to add the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box? Or maybe elsewhere? Please help, and thank you in advance! Sincerely, Paine Ellsworth painius@aol.com "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message news:emif1u0m...

switching mailbox to a different user.
is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to >create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and >somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store for more than...

Upgraded for 2000 pro to 2003 pro
I have updated my office products from office 2000 pro to office 2003. Now in Excel when I try to change folders to save a workbook, I get the windows installer asking for my office 2000 pro cd. Can anyone give me a suggestion, beside putting in my 2000 pro cd. I'm afraid of what it might wipe out. Thanks in advance, Kent ...

I switched on the R1C1 reference style but I can't switch it off a
I got a message its header is "name conflict" That means you had a name that looked like a cell address. If I'm in R1C1 reference style, I can name a range: B3 But if I want to switch back to A1 Reference style, then my name "B3" will confuse excel. It has to have you change this to something that isn't an address. So if you want to change to A1 Reference style, you're gonna have to choose a new name--something like: _B3 would work. gello wrote: > > I got a message its header is "name conflict" -- Dave Peterson ...

converting switch to lookup tbl?
I've had this lingering question for a while and am now finally trying to address it. We know switch statements' sizes are limited. I have this switch statement below, and I need to add more but am bumping up against the size limitation: SELECT Switch( [TCODE]="4030","Purchase - abcd" , [TCODE]="3021","Dividend - abcd", [TCODE]="8081","FIFO Sale - Subtract CDSC", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])<>True,"Not purchase", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])=True,"Purchas...

Office Pro vs. Home Student Edition
Have a friend who is thinking of switching to Mac and is confused about the difference between these two versions. He is a freelance writer if that helps any. Thanks -- I get off on '57 Chevys I get off on screamin' guitars --Eric Clapton In general, if the user expects to profit financially from the use of the product the Home & Student Edition is out of the question [at least from a legal standpoint based on the End User License Agreement]. Further factoring into the decision even for personal users is what each of the 2 editions offer in the respe...