Switching Between Showing Formula Or Actual Result In A Cell ?

Hello:

Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask.

I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of
numbers.
Pretty sure I did it correctly.

When i look at the cell that should have the Sum, I see the formula.

How do I switch between this cell showing the formular and/or the Sum ?

Thanks,
Bob

0
rgsros (38)

you may have missed the = sign from in front of your formula

"Robert11" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask.
>
> I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of
> numbers.
> Pretty sure I did it correctly.
>
> When i look at the cell that should have the Sum, I see the formula.
>
> How do I switch between this cell showing the formular and/or the Sum ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

0
Mike1154 (1216)
12/29/2006 1:51:00 PM
But it might also be that the cell was formatted as TEXT before you entered the formula. Just formatting to something else doesn't
help; format as General or Number AND re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:218B0A86-8B56-459B-A377-80F2BFED5515@microsoft.com...
| or CNTRL + `
|
| "Gary''s Student" wrote:
|
| > CNTRL~ will toggle between formula display and results display.
| > --
| > Gary's Student
| >

| > "Mike" wrote:
| >
| > > you may have missed the = sign from in front of your formula

0
nicolaus (2022)