sum command do not display the result eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not

sum  command do not display the result   eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not display the
result in the cell

even when sigma is clicked the same

0
abbbalu (1)

What is displayed instead?

If you see the formula, then format the cell as General (or anything but text)
and reenter that formula.

If you see the wrong answer, then maybe you have calculation set to manual.
Tools|Option|calculation tab
is how you'd change it in xl2003 menus.

If that's not it, then maybe your values in those cells (C5:C8) aren't really
numbers.  Reformat that range as General (not text) and reenter the values.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Creating a right-click command to backup file
Hi All I have Creating a right-click command to backup file try txt and then xls file. Try txt file ok. Then try xls file, not ok, when right-click no option prompted ? Do you know why ? For txt file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Text File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile\command] @="cscript //b H:\Software\shell\xbcp.vbs "%1" "txt"" For excel file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Excel File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile\...

ASPX "Page Cannot be Displayed" After 1 Hr
Hi, I have a ASPX Page which imports a high quantity of data on the server, but exactly after 1Hr of execution, the page shows "Page Cannot Be Displayed", the data is still getting imported in the background, i tried increasing the sessionTimeOut as well. Can Anyone please suggest any solution for this ...

Closing Outlook from command line
Is there a way to close Outlook from a command line? I need to have it closed before I do my daily backup on a remote machine. Outlook runs on this machine to archive all the emails managed through Exchange. Thanks Steve Hi Steve, you could try our freeware addin "QuitOutlook": With QuitOutlook you can shut down Outlook at a particular time. To start QuitOutlook you only need to add the script into a scheduled task of Windows. Then you are able to backup your Outlook data file (*.pst file) easily and uncomplicated Download on this site: http://www.publicshareware.com/pu...

Result of date as Month-2 digit Year
I have columns of dates that the users must enter as actual dates. I can format to display month and two-digit year...but when creating pivot tables it reconizes the entire date. Since I want to summarize only by month and year or by year only, is there a formula or statement that will change the date to month-year or year status only? Thanks. -- Linda Hi Linda Sure. Rightclick the date field header in the Pivot table, choose menu "Group and show detail" > "Group"... . You will get a list offering Seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, quarters, years. Try sel...

Error in Detailed Sales Report wih Total Discounts
I got this report from the Reports Library but it has a problem: Does not give the Total Discount right. If I have sold an item for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 OK iF I have sold two items for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 WRONG (It should be 2 times 1.00 = 2.00) iF I have returned one item for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 WRONG (It should be -1 times 1.00 = -2.00) Is there a way to fix this?? On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:42:04 -0700, "Fabricio" <Fabricio@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Excel opens doc but does not display
I have seen posts covering this issue, but none that have actually corrected it. To summarize the problem, this is what's happening: Preliminary: All excel instances are closed You double-click an xls, csv, xlsx or any other associated excel file to open it. The Excel application displays a blank workbook (no cells visible) You perform any action in excel (including resizing) and the worksheet appears normally There have been several posts with possible solutions including, removing addins, unchecking ignore other applications, re- installing...all to no avail. I currently have 2 workstat...

subtracting a range from another range and getting a range result
I have two ranges of XYZ coordinates. One is named R1 and the other R2. Is there any way in Excell 2002 to bascially say R2-R1=R3 so that R3 is a range the same size as R1 and R2, where each cell in R3 is is subtraction of the corrisponding cells in R1 and R2? Sort of like this: r1= 3,4,5 r2=3,4,5 r3=6,8,10 of course I need to do this on a two dimentional range, there are multiple XYZ points. Are the three values of R1 (3,4,5) in separate cells? Are you adding or subtracting? Please spell out the problem in more detail -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from e...

Changing display name in Windows Mail
Currently my email in Windows Mail displays just my wife's name when a person receives an email from us. Would like to change that to both of our names?? Please help? Thank you In Windows Live Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, click = Properties. On the General tab, make changes to the Name field as desired. Click OK. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "pickle" <pickle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:F4162B8D-0520-47DE-8F3A-13172B38D7A8@microsoft.com.....

display sent msg sent from outlook in sent item on server
i am using outlook express, but when i send any msg from outlook, it never appear in sent items on server, is there any feature that if i sent msg from outlook it appear in sent message section on server. You'll need an IMAP account for that. You probably have a POP3 account. Contact your ISP and ask if they support IMAP as well for your account. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us...

"=RESULT()", "=ARGUMENT()", "=RETURN()" ??
I'm tying to figure out a function whose rows look like this: ---------------------------- SDV_AN =RESULT(1) =ARGUMENT("returns",64) =ARGUMENT("per_yr",1) =STDEV(returns)*SQRT(per_yr) =RETURN(R[-1]C) AR ---------------------------- Seems pretty clear that "SDV_AN" is the name of the function and the entry point, and I can find STDEV() and "SQRT() in Help, no problem. I'm guessing that "RETURN()" sets the returned value of the function to the previous row in the same column. I'm also guessing that the two "=ARGUMENT()" calls ...

Macro Total Sum
Sheet 1 Column a Row 1-5 Copy of cells to sheet two a1 put a total two rows below list a7 this time. The next time sheet one may have row 1-10. Now macro should put answer on a12 and total rowa 1-10. ANy help. New to writing macros Hi Joey. Take a look at this site. It may help. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Joey" wrote: > Sheet 1 Column a Row 1-5 > Copy of cells to sheet two a1 put a total two rows below list a7 this time. > The next time sheet one may have row 1-10. > Now macro should put answer on a12 and tota...

Calculate and display individual error bars for individual points #2
Generally error bars (standard deviations) vary point-by-point in a graph depending on the distribution of individual values for each point. Excel can calculate these separate standard deviations, but there appears to be no way to display them in a graph. Has anyone found a way around this for Excel 2003 (SP-2)? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Display color #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to change the display colors for formatting marks (like the dots for spaces or the paragraph symbols). They are light blue on my display and I am slightly color blind so they are very difficult to see. I't like for them to just be black. Unfortunately, no. Use Help> Send Feedback to express your need to MS. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/30/09 4:29 PM, in article 59b7fa80.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MER@officeformac.com" <MER@officeformac.com> wrote: &g...

Command Button on Form
I have my form competed and it is doing everything I want it to do. Now I have added a command button to open a preview report. The button shows in the design view but disappears in form view. I had it working fine a couple of times and then it up and disappears again. What is going on? I have tried deleting the button and going back through the process of installing it and again it will show in design and then disappear in form view. Help -- Bandit The following are possible: * There is code that hides controls, and your new button falls foul of that; * you have inadve...

Dynamic pivot sum
HI All: Hoping that someone can help. I created a pivot table for products(Page Field) that consist of several different raw materials and their associated cost. For exampleProduct A consist of 5 raw materials while Product B consist of 7 raw materials while Product C consist of 8 raw materials but no product consist of more thn 8 raw materials. I want to add the total raw material cost Product A, B or C...Z) to Packing materials cost (fixed) which is not part of the pivot table and is in a fixed row below the pivot table. What dynamic sum formula can be used to Add total raw materials fo...

Sum for Non Zero
I have a text box on a form called it_est_total. The control source right now is =[development]+[middle_apps]+[b2b]+ [data_warehouse]+[qa]+[other]+[prod_support_ba]+[prod_support]+[ivr_hours] This is fine if all text boxes have a number entered. I do not have the default set to 0 on all of these. They are all blank. I need to keep it this way. However, I want the text box it_est_total, to total even if all the fields are not entered. Can someone help with this code? Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com =Nz([development],0)+Nz([middle_apps],0)+Nz([b2b],0)+Nz...

command buttons disappear when I move worksheet 2007
Excel 2007 - When I move my worksheet containg command buttons that run VB code to another workbook, the buttons disappear. How can I make the buttons move with the worksheet? I've never had this happen, but I use xl2003 much more than xl2007. You may want to give details of how you did the move. moulage wrote: > > Excel 2007 - When I move my worksheet containg command buttons that run VB > code to another workbook, the buttons disappear. How can I make the buttons > move with the worksheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Publisher 2003 template doesn't display correctly in IE
I built my first site using a template found in Microsoft Publisher 2003. When I select "website preview" the pages are not displaying the same way I built them. Horizontal rules are not in the right place, text is not in the right place. Any suggestions would be appreciated! What do you mean by "horizontal rules are not in the right place"? Some print formatting will not convert to html. Though this article describes formatting issues in an email message, it lists a lot of possible reasons why the formatting in your web page is not as you expect it. Publisher we...

UDF to Convert formula results to text
Can a UDF be used to convert formula results from column A to text in column B? I know that I can manually cut and paste "special" to achieve this, but I want to avoid a manual step. Instead of a UDF use a macro. Change columns(2) to columns(1) to change the column withOUT the need for an additional column. Sub converttovalues() Columns(2).Value = Columns(1).Value End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don" <don87109@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230kPQ8gDKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can a UD...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

function in query summing results of 2 switch functions?
can I build an expression in a query that sums the values of 2 computed fields in the same query. E.g, Sum(1-CF_1 + CF_2) ? CF_1 & CF_2 are 2 other fields that use Switch statements. THanks Zx slight correction. Can I do this in the Field builder window: field_B: (CF_1 + CF_2) if both CF_1 & CF_2 are computed fields in the query themselves (basically fields computed from switch statements). Access is giving me an error saying it does not recognize these as "a valid field name or expression". I'm not sure why - aren't they expressions :) ? ...

Total Size of All Mailboxes of Exhange 2003 Standard
Dear All, How can I find the total size of all mailboxes in Exchange 2k3 ? I can only find individual's size in System Manager. Thank you. Regards, Horace 19 Jan 04 Bring up Exchange System Manager, and drill down to the Mailboxes object under your mailbox store. Make sure Mailboxes is highlighted, and then right-click it - you'll see the Export List task. This will give you a text file that you can then paste into Excel, etc. Note that the total mailbox sizes doesn't equal the size of the overall database, since single instance storage comes into play. -- Neil Hobson Ex...

Display Month
How do I format excel to just show the current month. I know that TODAY() shows todays date dd/mm/yy, so how do I pick out just the month? I would also like it to display the actual month such as September rather than 09. -- Christine Wilso ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Christine Wilso's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10429 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264148 Hi, The number of current month, you can get by: =MONTH(TODAY()) and the name of the current month by...

Ranking results of a Query
I have set of queries running for employee performance ranking culminating in a final query that shows their name, employee ID and overall score, i would like the final step to also add a column with rank, so the person with the highest score has a 1, next highest has a 2 etc...... I am kind of new to this, like everyone else who posts it seems so lamens terms are appreciated. If it helps the name of the query is "Query-Shift Bid Part C", and the columns are "First", "Last","Login","Hours","QA" and "Score" I want "...

Closing FIle with Command Bar Button Problem
Hi All I posted this last week with a different title and didnt get any responses - so perhaps my messages was not understood - so I am trying again: I am getting a very strange error which I have isolated but I do not know how to get rid of: I have a workbook with the following code: Sub MYexit() ThisWorkbook.Saved = True ThisWorkbook.Close End Sub When I run the macro directly from the macro with other workbooks open or closed there is no problem However... When I create a toolbar with a single button and assign MYExit to the button - I get an "Applica...