Sum all rows above

I want to put into a cell the total of all numbers above that cell in that
column.  I want to do this without specifying specific rows.  In this way,
if a row were added above the total, it would be included in the total
correctly.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Try:
=SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,ROW()-1,1))

HTH
--
AP

"Robert" <robert.crouser@gte.net> a �crit dans le message de news:
2Vk7g.1120$qo6.346@fe04.lga...
>I want to put into a cell the total of all numbers above that cell in that
>column.  I want to do this without specifying specific rows.  In this way,
>if a row were added above the total, it would be included in the total
>correctly.
>
> Robert

0
ardus.petus (319)
5/7/2006 12:04:03 PM
=sum(indirect("r1c"&column()&":r"& (row()-1)&"c"&column(),false))

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=539632

Try this:

=SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A" & ROW()-1))

--
HTH,

RD

"Robert" <robert.crouser@gte.net> wrote in message
> I want to put into a cell the total of all numbers above that cell in that
> column.  I want to do this without specifying specific rows.  In this way,
> if a row were added above the total, it would be included in the total
> correctly.
>
> Robert

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/7/2006 5:14:54 PM
One more.

If your formula is in A101:
=sum(a1:offset(a101,-1,0))

--

Dave Peterson
0
"Robert" <robert.crouser@gte.net> wrote in message
>I want to put into a cell the total of all numbers above that cell in that
>column.  I want to do this without specifying specific rows.  In this way,
>if a row were added above the total, it would be included in the total
>correctly.
>
> Robert

format differnet widths columns and rows for different pages
I would like to know how you can have different formatting for row and colunm widths on different pages; is this possible and if so how do you do it?? You could use VBA to change the column.width for a worksheet..... if you were talking about that? -- Dnereb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486499 By "pages" do you mean printed pages on one worksheet? On each Excel worksheet th...

How to perform sum sum sum...

hiding rows
Hi, I want to use the conditional formating of a certain range of cells so that: if a cell in that range is empty (nothing is shown) hide the entire row. note: the values in the cells are copied from other cells in a different worksheet. If this is not possible with conditional formating can it be done with VBA and How? Not possible with CF Look here for a few ways http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide For example Hide Empty rows, Print and unhide the rows This example will loop through row 1:30 in "Sheet1" If every cell in column A:G is empty it will hide that row. Afte...

Summing up user defined results

Replace variable row number in formulas
What I'm looking for is a macro that will replace the row number in a formula with a new number that I designate through an input box. Below is the code I have thus far. The problem lies in how I'm defining the integer portion of the formula that I want to replace - vbInteger (or vbLong) don't seem to work. Then finally I need to set Section 2 in a loop through Column CN. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub UpdateFormulas_2() Dim LRowNumber ...

sum subform to form

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

How to use outline data (grouped rows) in a protected worksheet?
I want to protect a sheet containing outline data in grouped rows. After protection, users cannot hide or display the rows using the expansion buttons in the margin. Is using outline data impossible in protected sheets? ...

Sum sum sum
Let me describe my problem... I have a form with with item number with is unique and then i put another form (subform) to linked to record the number of item in and out.... This means a item can have many in and out transactions which make the item number not unique.. My problem is I want to calculate the sum of in quantity within the same item. I want the sum to be keep on increasing when the user enter the quantity. Example user key in 2 then new user key 4 and i want the total quantity to be 6... Please help.... No idea of what i am talking? I will explain... -- Message posted via http:/...

indirect reference to a column or row

Taking sum of a field from sub report
Hi On a sub report I have a field datetot which is the sum of two fields those two fields are in turn coming from two further sub reports of the sub report. How can I take the sum of datetot field to the main report? Thanks Regards See: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:OCWbU...

Rows to table
I use a sheet to store different modules with start and end time in a table (tab1). In the second sheet (tab2) I want to show all modules sorted in time (rows) and per day (columns). Tab1 should be used as sheet to modify data and Tab2 should be used to present a tabular overview per day. Now I import to Access and report in CrossTable but I hope I can create a simular effect in Excel. I can not figure out how to do this. Index and Match won't work because of multiple rows with same day or time. Any suggestions? Tab1: Day TimeStart TimeEnd Topic 1 9:00 10:15 Kickof...

find row index of a number in a list
I have a column of numbers, in no particular order. In the column next to it, I want to write a 1 next to the highest number, 2 next to the 2nd highest and so on. How can I do this? Thanks in advance, Andrew Trull wrote: > I have a column of numbers, in no particular order. > In the column next to it, I want to write a 1 next to the highest > number, 2 next to the 2nd highest and so on. How can I do this? > > > Thanks in advance, > > Andrew You would use the RANK command: =RANK(Cell, Array of Cells, Order), e.g. if your cells were A1:A20, in B1 you would write...

sum command do not display the result eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not
sum command do not display the result eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not display the result in the cell even when sigma is clicked the same What is displayed instead? If you see the formula, then format the cell as General (or anything but text) and reenter that formula. If you see the wrong answer, then maybe you have calculation set to manual. Tools|Option|calculation tab is how you'd change it in xl2003 menus. If that's not it, then maybe your values in those cells (C5:C8) aren't really numbers. Reformat that range as General (not text) and reenter the values. abbbalu wr...

How do I move ot next row in macro
I have an excel macro where I need to tell the selection to move down one row from the currently select row. What is the correct syntax to do that? James Lysaght "JamesL" <forgeddaboudit@spamblock.duh> wrote in message news:z11se.4667$hK3.4443@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have an excel macro where I need to tell the selection to move down one >row from the currently select row. > > What is the correct syntax to do that? Hi James, ActiveCell(2, 1).Select However, it is rarely necessary (and is usually inefficient) to make physical select...

Adding Sum
I made a query report with unique records to display,I don't want repeating item displayed in the report. What should I do to sum the other qty delivered in a single item. Item Qty Date Pork 50 08/01/05 60 08/10/05 20 08/15/05 should be Item Qty Date Pork 130 08/01/05 - 08/15/05 thanks & Godspeed. One way Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim dteMax As Date Dim dteMin As Date Dim...

SUM with WHERE
I have one sheet with a bunch of records that look like: Name, Lang, Qty Peter, English, 5 Peter, French, 2 Dave, English, 7 .... On a second sheet I want to create a summary of the records: English, 12 French, 2 So What I am kind of looking for is this: English, =sum of $DRECORDS where Lang=English French, =sum of $DRECORDS where Lang=French Any ideas how to do this in excel? Peter Look in the help index for SUMIF -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Peter Carlson" <peter@h_o_w_u_d_o_d_a_t.com> wrote in message news:e1l3%233eXI...

Sum duplicate lines in a table
I have a table which contains a list of products soted by poduct name. Against each product there is a stock quantity, each Item may appear more than once. I want to be create a query which will give me a list of the products, but with only one entry per item, with a total quantity for each item. Is this possible? Thanks Neil wrote: >I have a table which contains a list of products soted by poduct name. >Against each product there is a stock quantity, each Item may appear more >than once. > I want to be create a query which will give me a list of the products,...