Sum a group of numbers

When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a
worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I
wanted to add.  The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either
the worksheet or a task bar.  I have lost the ability to do this.  Or I have
lost the task bar.  How do I get it back?

0
BarbieDa (2)

Hi Barbie,

That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar
to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click
anywhere
on the status bar and select which option you want.

HTH
Martin

"Barbie Da" <BarbieDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on
> worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I
> wanted to add.  The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of
> either
> the worksheet or a task bar.  I have lost the ability to do this.  Or I
> have
> lost the task bar.  How do I get it back?

0
htmw (80)

How to perform sum sum sum...

Random Number Question
Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating the following Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score cards that are different and Random Steve Boyle By the way thanks for the help on my last question. If I ever remember to take the print out to work and try the answers I will let you know how well it worked. Steve, This should be exactly what you need. http://tinyurl.com/2jgd8d John Wilson "Steve Boyle" <waylandboyle@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ACDCCD1E-D8C6-4A1A-BCE5-...

Converting a number to 2 decimal places
I would like to be able to type a number into a cell and have i automatically converted to a number with the last 2 numbers to th right of the decimal point. For example, if I typed in 1234, it woul become 12.34. How can I do that -- mattsla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mattslav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37648 Tools>Options>Edit Check Fixed decimal places Set for 2 Does that help? Ron -- Ron Coderre -------------...

Remove Hyphens from a number
I have numbers in a coulmn that look like this: 01-012-4123 how do I remove only the hyphens (dashes) Select your range and Edit|Replace What: - (hyphen) with: (leave blank) You may want to format those cells (custom: 000000000) to keep the leading 0's. Mike wrote: > > I have numbers in a coulmn that look like this: > > 01-012-4123 how do I remove only the hyphens (dashes) -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Add a column with something like this in . =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") Robin Hammond www.enhanceddatasystems.com "Mike" <anonymous...

Is it possible to create a macro to group?
I am trying to create a macro that will reference specific cells and then depending on the result of those cells will "group & outline" several other rows? Is this possible? Thanks, Try recording a macro when you do it once manually to see if that helps. But I think I'd try to use excel's built in Data|Subtotals. If your data that should be grouped isn't the same (but still needs to be grouped), then you'll have to do some more work. I'd insert a helper column and somehow give each group its own unique indicator. Then Data|subtotal will work nicely. ...

Custom Grouping
I have a table with dates and expenses. Billing cycle starts on on the 24th of each month, and I need to divide the month into four parts (approx). I want there to be a header for the week starting date, followed by seven days. Therefore, the week may start on Wed, 24-Feb and end on Tues, 3-Mar. For example, I want the report to appear like: Week Starting Date Expense 24-Feb 24-Feb $10 25-Feb $15 26-Feb ...

Summing up user defined results

e-mail distribution group question
Here's the situation: User A's incoming e-mail are delivered to user A and user B. User B's incoming e-mails are also delivered to user C. BUT user C does not want user A's e-mails... At the moment User C gets both user A and B's e-mails Is there a way I can set this up? Many thanks M Hi, Do they need to receieve copies of others emails in their own mailbox? You could give permissions to read the other users mailboxes. Then you of your clients would just need to add them as an additional mailbox in Outlook. The other option is to create a server side rule in outl...

Inserting Incremental number
Hi there! I have a table of Assessors [TblAssessors] and a field [RegNo] which is filled in later when trainees have successfully passed. This is later used on a Certificate of Registration. As not all trainees will successfully complete, I'd like to create a macro that will assign an incremental [RegNo] on a button's click event on my data entry form "FrmAssessors". Unfortunately, I have inherited this data and [RegNo] is in the format of "QTA00101","QTA00102", etc. The prefix will always be "QTA" and at this stage we do not envisage eve...

Number formatting question
I have hundreds of rows of numbers (example 234553) it need to add a decimal to every row to make it 2345.53. Is this possible? Yes One method Put the value 100 in a blank cell. With that cell selected, Edit/Copy Select the numbers you wish to change (highlight the column) Use Edit/Paste Special and select the Divide option. HTH PC "sbhayes" <sbhayes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C0C90C-6C93-4055-8983-430D97B09692@microsoft.com... > I have hundreds of rows of numbers (example 234553) it need to add a decimal > to every row to make it 2345.5...

Word Auto Number Question
I'm making tickets using a perforated business card sheet, and am wondering if there is a way to automatically number the individual tickets, i.e., not pages. Thanks! Kathryn Douglas There's a newsgroup called microsoft.public.word.numbering that you should check out for this. Also try microsoft.public.word.newusers. "Kathryn Douglas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ca401c397e4$db5ba5a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm making tickets using a perforated business card sheet, > and am wondering if there is a way to automatically number...

Moving "Exchange Domain Servers" group to other OU?
Exchange 2003+SP1 If move "Exchange Domain Servers" group from Default User contaniner to other OU that was defined for Admin services users and workstations, exchange 2003 freeze at "Applying computer setting" when it restarts. If move this group back to User container, then exch2003 restarts ok. does anyone have an idea about it? Thanks got KB260914 for the event ID:9157, however, it just mentioned the installation of Exch2003 with same problem. Gary "Mike" wrote: > Hi Gary, > > I moved the Exchange groups from the default container and ended...

sum subform to form

Error number: 3326 04-02-10
I have this odd problem. When I run this function from within Access everything is fine. Public Function sendEmail(strTo As String, _ strCC As String, _ strBCC As String, _ strSubject As String, _ strMessageBody As String, _ strAttachments As String) As Boolean 'Arvin Meyer 03/12/1999 'Updated 7/21/2001 On Error GoTo Error_Handler Const errUserDeny As Long = 287 ' Un numéro d'erreur...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Prevent sequential number being used if record not saved
I have an invoice form that when opened, uses the following code to allocate the next invoice number (InvNo): Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me.InvNo = Nz(DMax("[InvNo]", "[tblInvoices]")) + 1 Me.Dirty = False End Sub Trouble is, if I then decide for some reason not to carry on, even if I click on the Close button rightaway without having entered anything anywhere, the invoice number is still used and appears in the Invoices table (without any values in any of the fields, of course). How can I prevent this? Ideally I would like to be able to...

will this usenet group disappear too?
How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear? Will this one, too? On Usenet, the groups may live on, but Microsoft's server msnews.microsoft.com will be shut down on June 1st. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message news:2e8530cd-0e0b-48d7-9224-887f8bccb8a7@t26g2000prt.googlegroups.com... > How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear? > > Will this one, too? Robert, my understanding is that it is being replaced by:- http:...

Administrative Groups #2
I have two Administrative Groups in my Exchange OU, one called First Administrative Group which was created when I installed Exchange 2003 Server and then the Support Administrative Group which I created when I had to re-install Exchange 2003 Server. There is one Exchange Server in each group. The server that is in the First Administrative Group is on another part of campus and I do not want it to have dominance over the other group. The server that is in the Support Administrative Group should be the controlling group. Is there such a thing as one having dominance over the other...serv...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

class wizard belives group box is a button
I use MS Visual C++, Version 6.0. Since I tried to use a component one number control (ActiveX) in my project, which brought the whole Studio 6.0 to crash, i see a strange behaviour. Whenever I drag and drop a group box control from the controls toolbar onto a dialog resource and then try to define a control variable with ClassWizard, it is handled as a button control. How can I re-teach my MSVC++ that the group box is a static, not a button? Any help would be appreciated. How do i get rid of the component one control icon in the control toolbar? Where is the definition file of the stan...

Prime Numbers
Hi, I've been using this formula to identify whether a number is a prime number or not. It works, but it's a bit long and incongruous. =IF(A1<8,"2, 3, 5, and 7 are prime numbers. Please enter a number greater than 8",IF(OR(MOD($A$1,2)=0,MOD($A$1,3)=0,MOD($A$1,4)=0,MOD(A1,5)=0,MOD(A1,6)=0,MOD(A1,7)=0,MOD(A1,8)=0,MOD(A1,9)=0),"Not Prime","Prime")) Can anyone suggest a better way? Thanks in advance, Alan. Try a formula like the following array formula: =IF(AND((MOD($A$1,ROW(INDIRECT("2:"&$A$1-1)))<>0)),"prime","no...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...