stock control question

Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.

I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
something else I can use?

So want it to look like this

stock 2000 -
master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
singles 2 ( 2 x 1)

regards
--
kinsey
0

Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4

=INT(A1/36)

=INT(MOD(A1,36)/6)

=A1-(A2*36+A3*6)

"kinsey" wrote:

> Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
>
> I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> something else I can use?
>
> So want it to look like this
>
> stock 2000 -
> master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
>
> regards
> --
> kinsey
Hi,

You could use these three formulas with 2000 in A1 and these in the next
three cells:

=INT(A1/36)
=INT(A1/6-A2*6)
=A1-36*A2-6*A3

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"kinsey" wrote:

> Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
>
> I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> something else I can use?
>
> So want it to look like this
>
> stock 2000 -
> master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
>
> regards
> --
> kinsey
Sean/Shane, thanks for your solutions.  The first two work fine but the last
one gave me a negative figure of -18 when it should be 2.  Let me explain

total items - 2102 (i'm using a different product here)

first box item 26 master cartons x 80 pieces = 2080 (solution shows 26.
Great!)
second box  2 inner cartons x 20 pieces = 40 (solution shows 2. Good!)
3rd box is just singles left and should be 2 but gives me -18

Can you help ?

Regards

Peter
--
kinsey

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

> Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4
>
> =INT(A1/36)
>
> =INT(MOD(A1,36)/6)
>
> =A1-(A2*36+A3*6)
>
> "kinsey" wrote:
>
> > Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> > inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> > have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
> >
> > I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> > something else I can use?
> >
> > So want it to look like this
> >
> > stock 2000 -
> > master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> > inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> > singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
> >
> > regards
> > --
> > kinsey
0
kinsey (18)
6/29/2009 1:56:01 PM
If you change your number per carton, y ou have to change the formulas
accordingly

=INT(A1/80)  <- 80 is your first grouping
=INT(MOD(A1,80)/20) <-80 is your first grouping, 20 is your 2nd grouping
=A1-(A2*80+A3*20) <-Again 80 for your first, 20 for your second.

"kinsey" wrote:

> Sean/Shane, thanks for your solutions.  The first two work fine but the last
> one gave me a negative figure of -18 when it should be 2.  Let me explain
>
> total items - 2102 (i'm using a different product here)
>
> first box item 26 master cartons x 80 pieces = 2080 (solution shows 26.
> Great!)
> second box  2 inner cartons x 20 pieces = 40 (solution shows 2. Good!)
> 3rd box is just singles left and should be 2 but gives me -18
>
> Can you help ?
>

> Regards
>
> Peter
> --
> kinsey
>

> "Sean Timmons" wrote:
>
> > Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4
> >
> > =INT(A1/36)
> >
> > =INT(MOD(A1,36)/6)
> >
> > =A1-(A2*36+A3*6)
> >
> > "kinsey" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> > > inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> > > have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
> > >
> > > I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> > > something else I can use?
> > >
> > > So want it to look like this
> > >
> > > stock 2000 -
> > > master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> > > inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> > > singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
> > >
> > > regards
> > > --
> > > kinsey

Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
Visit : news://spacesst.com

Dragging to select multiple rows causes out of control scroll
When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll by too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? "ronlee67" <ronlee67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2940A38-DDA3-4E4B-B41A-FCEFAA3ADACA@microsoft.com... > When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll > by > too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? Hi Roplee67, You can change the scroll speed of your mouse: Start | Control Panel | Mouse | Wheel | Scrolling Depending on your OS version, access to ...

Updating stocks
After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stocks both still exist and Yahoo updates them instantly. What do I have to do to get 2003 to resume updating? Thanks in advance. -- SFF Which Stocks? What are the symbols you're using? Does MSN Money (http://money.msn.com) recognize them? -Mark "igorx" <igorx@cox.net> wrote in message news:Y1Btb.1320$vJ6.226@fed1read05... > After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating > 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stoc...

Editing Controls of Built-in Fields
I want to import an ACT database into Outlook. I can't import data into user-defind fields, so I want to edit built-in fields to accommodate my data. I don't find any way to change the controls or the data types of built-in fields. Mainly, I want several list (or drop-down) fields, and keyword fields. I even tried creating a new field using the listbox control, thinking I could then choose a different field in properties, but the "list type" in properties is inactive, regardless which field I choose. HELP You can't change the data types of *any* fields, custom...

Workday Function Question
I am using the workday function to build a schedule. This function counts the workweek as Monday thru Friday, but I'm working with a Monday thru Saturday workweek. Is there any way to adjust the function? Or maybe there is anther type of workaround? Thanks for any help. >I am using the workday function to build a schedule. This function > counts the workweek as Monday thru Friday, but I'm working with a > Monday thru Saturday workweek. Is there any way to adjust the > function? Or maybe there is anther type of workaround? From a previous post of mine.... Here is a funct...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Stock commission is greater than proceeds of stock sale.
I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were -$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow negative proceeds of a stock sale. How should I record this sale? In microsoft.public.money, go3049 wrote: >I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds >were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were >-$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow >negative proceeds of a stock sale. ...

ActiveX Controls Display Issue?
All, I am starting out learning vba/vbe, but I am having problems controlling the ActiveX control objects. When I insert buttons and boxes from the forms toolbar, they work fine (except they don't have the same capabilities as ActiveX controls), when I insert ActiveX controls, I am getting wierd font behavior. When the object is selected, the text in the object looks fine. But when I select a worksheet cell or another object, the font goes wierd. Each letter in the text appears to get wider, so they run into eachother and look weird. As the users selects different buttons, the...

Graphing A Time Series OF Stocks
My data looks like so: Stock TradePrice TradeVolume ExecutionDateTime EFG 5.2 8 2:40:04 PM EFG 5.5 8 2:40:02 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.3 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM ABC 1.5 4 2:31:17 PM ABC 1.6 ...

VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields
Hi, perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer. I'm using Outlook 2007. So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer. Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT: I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item?? Also how can I add "Outlook Specific cont...

How to record a stock award
My company started giving out stock awards instead of stock options. How should these be recorded in Money (using 2004)? I have put it in as a stock option, when they "vest" they are sold and taxes are taken out. How do you record the transaction so that the taxes are shown as withheld? Thanks. Michelle ...

Move View Window into Tab Control
Hi, I am trying to move the view from a frame window and place it into a tab control. I have managed this to some extent by overriding the frame window and writing my own OnCreateClient. Is this safe? What other things should I consider? It looks like I also need to correctly call SetActiveView with a pointer to the view. Anything else? regards, T One of this will work for you or get you started: http://www.codeproject.com/tabctrl/AMCustomTabCtrlDemo.asp Tom "T" <sw.tejasvi.sn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174298822.647072.37120@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > ...

Conditional Formatting Question 05-19-07
Condition 1, Expression is [Office]="No" & [Status]="On" Can this Expression be entered as one Condition as I have already used the 2 others, Thanks, Kim You just have to drop the ampersand! The ampersand is used by Access to concatenate strings! Expression is [Office]="No" And [Status]="On" -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thanks Missinglinq worked just great.....Kim "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>...

Stock Market Challenge
Hi, I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work I want to get the process fully automated. Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock marke data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is passwor protected. Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use th stock market data to adjust accordingly. I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how should go about setting it up? Many thanks, Mark -- mevett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mevetts...

Change subform on control click
Is there a way to change whcih subform is displayed by clicking on a control button. I want to switch from open records to closed records without closing the main form. Steve, this sounds like filtering the form. Me.Filter = "[ClosedRecords]" = True Me.FilterOn = True Where ClosedRecords is the name of the Yes/No field that records which records are closed. When you want to show Open records Me.Filter = "[ClosedRecords]" = False Me.FilterOn = True It would be easy to use an option group for this. Assuming an option group called optFilter Private Sub optFilter_Af...

thick stock legal sized paper printing... How?
I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper... could anyone please advise how to do so? Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little trickier. Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C30D22B5-2907-4910-AF69-74E6945E1806@microsoft.com... >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper......

Compact & Repair Code
hi all, here's a poser that has got me stumped.... I use the following code to compact/repair a database backend: Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer) Dim strBackupBackend As String Dim strCurrBackend As String Dim strCurrLockFile As String strCurrBackend = CurrentProject.Path & "\Data\" & Left(CurrentProject.Name, Len(CurrentProject.Name) - 4) & "_be.mdb" strCurrLockFile = CurrentProject.Path & "\Data\" & Left(CurrentProject.Name, Len(CurrentProject.Name) - 4) & "_be.ldb" strBackupBackend = ...

Help question
I have a column of text data that has random data. (e.g.-a1, a10, a34,...) I want to set a2-a9 equal to a1, a11-a33 equal to a10, etc. How can I do this? Thanks. W Weldin ...

assertion failure on adding activex control
hi, i have placed an activex controll for real player on my dialog box. but when i run it after adding a member variable for the control, getting an assertion failure. it comes only when the dialog box is closed. no error comes after placing the control and then running it.error comes only if the member variable is added. could anyone tell me why this happens and how to solve it. i am getting the assertion failure in wincore.cpp at ASSERT(pWnd != NULL); LRESULT CALLBACK AfxWndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT nMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { // special message which identifies the window as...

Day of week time control
Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and over. I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes me. The use is for a simple area based light control in my house. Hi Vernon Maybe =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch on","Switch off") -- Regards Roger Govier "vernon" <there@there> wrote in message news:%23gF0dmcrHHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Let's say I wanted ...

How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?
I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. Please, advice me on how to get that service. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I > can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. > Please, advice me on how to get that service. > > Thanks, > > Walter There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various stock market tricks. You can find it at: ht...

Control Of Horizontal Page Break
When clicking on 'View - Page Break Preview', I am able to drag the page break to the right one column, so that all of the columns in my 'Print Area' are printed on the first page. Why is this so, and can I control this from VBA? Thanks for a response, Chuckles123 -- Chuckles123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14948 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319474 The way to control the number of pages that are prin...

Sumproduct Question
=SUMPRODUCT(($E$25:$E$2000=4)*($F$25:$F$2000=6.5)*(P25:P2000)) This above formula achieves the desired result. However, when I add a fourth column (below) I get a Value error. I think I'm close...any ideas? =SUMPRODUCT(($E$25:$E$2000=4)*($F$25:$F$2000=6.5)*(P25:P2000)*($M$25:$M$2000)) First, I'd watch those addresses. I bet you want to use $P$25:$P$2000, too. Second, do you have any text values in M25:M2000--or any errors in that range? If you have some text, you can use a different formula to ignore text: =SUMPRODUCT(--($E$25:$E$2000=4), --($F$25:$F$2000=6.5), ...

stock transfer
transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund family. so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking account within the same bank. what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund >family. >so its just like a transfer from your...

Question about Word/Works
Is the Word in Microsoft Works Windows 7 the same as Word 2002, though slightly updated? Why does the interface look so different? It almost resembles more of a cartoon of Word 2002. There's a flatness to its appearance, and I don't like the flap off to the right. I want everything in a streamlined window as in Word 2002. Wrong Group! This group is about Word for the Macintosh... However, I suspect what you are seeing is "Word 2007". Microsoft Works usually contains the current version of Word, in this case, 2007. In which case: Welcome to the new worl...

QuickTime Control 2.0 and FBX
Hello, I am trying to playback Autodesk FBX using Apple QuickTime Control 2.0. I already have FBX plugin for QuickTime installed and I can play FBX files without any problems using standalone QuickTime player. However when I place QuickTime Control on Access form and load FBX file only blank form is displayed. Here are the steps I used to do this 1. Open new empty form 2. From toolbox select Apple QuickTime Control 2.0 3. Insert QuickTime Control in to the form 4. Open QuickTime Control properties and set path of my FBX file to FileName or URL property Regular movies like .mov or .avi ...