Starting Excel from a non-MS application

What is the command line syntax for invoking Excel to
open to a specific place (i.e. either a specific cell or
a named bookmark)?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
see your post in Excel.misc
P.S.: please don't multipost

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rob Gordon wrote:
> What is the command line syntax for invoking Excel to
> open to a specific place (i.e. either a specific cell or
> a named bookmark)?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/28/2004 7:48:03 PM
Sorry. Wasn't sure which category was more appropriate

0
anonymous (74722)

Password Protection
I have forgotten a password. Is there a way to access this file having forgotten the password or am I am out of luck. Barry Nathan brnathanz@hotmail.com brnathanz@yahoo.com brnpersonal@yahoo.com http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html if it is just a workbook or sheet password -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "B R Nathan" <B R Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47176974-BBDE-4CD6-962B-7830180C2187@microsoft.com... > I have forgotten a password. Is there a way to access this file having > forgotten the password or am I am out of luck. > ...

How do I plot mean and error bars in Excel?
I am using Excel 2003 and cannot figure out how to plot means and standard error bars, where I have data arranged like this: 3 5 5 9 6 4 7 3 Mean Mean Hi Rik, Make two series for your chart, Series 1 is data i.e. x y 3 5 5 9 6 4 7 3 Series 2 is means i.e. x y Mean Mean Series 2 will give you a single point on your chart, right click that point and select Format data series, click on the x error bars tab select "both" then click percentage and set it to 100% ...

Excel date field link to Word
I have an excel spreadsheet linked to a word document. The word document justs posts numbers if I use a date format in excel. If I format excel as text it displays the date as entered MM/DD/YY. Is there a way to keep my excel date format and have word display date in text and numbers, like"July 13,2005" See "Date-Time Picture (\@) field switch" in Word Help). In article <841B0C47-552D-447C-B1E8-BDB7B646859D@microsoft.com>, "Earl" <Earl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel spreadsheet linked to a word document. The word do...

Starting up on start-up help!

EXCEL BAR CHART
I am trying to gind a template that I can use to show sales monthly compared to last year's monthly Thanks Sounds to me like you just need a clustered column chart. 2007 2006 Jan xxxx xxxx Feb xxxx xxxx Mar xxxx xxxx etc. Note that the top left cell is blank; fight the urge to put a label like "Month" there, as the blank cell helps Excel interpret your data. Select the data, run the chart wizard, and choose a clustered column chart or a line chart in step 1. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://P...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

Excel is giving me zeros
Excel is giving me zeros. I'll put in a formula that very obviously should give a non-zero result, but the cell says "0". I tried different simple formulas, even just =93=3Df8+f9=94, but the result is 0. The source cells have numbers entered into them. I checked formatting of the formula cell and of the source cells. I tried different formattings (number, percentage, etc) and they all give the result of 0. I have other spreadsheets that do the same thing. Any idea what could cause this? Have a look at the formatting applied to the cell - set it to General or Number. Also...

frustrated excel newbie
I am trying to make a monthly worksheet. I did get a drop down box set up, typed 6/1/2010 through 6/31/2010 in an empty column, used the validation tab, chose list and highlited the dates column which showed up as a formula in the validation window under my "list: choice. problem is, when I click on one of the dates I get a serial number, I am guessing that is what it is and no date??? Been at it for 3 hours trying different ways.what am I doing wrong here??? TJ hi format the cell with the validation to date. if formated as general, you will get the serial date number. ...

how do I export an endote library into an excel spreadsheet?

Automatic data conversion in Excel
When I enter or import data into Excel, 30/150 becomes 30/150, but 2/24 becomes Feb 01, 2024. How to prevent excel from interpereting the data wrong way? -- :-) enter '2/24 -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Dejan" <Dejan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9420C28-9CC7-44EE-97E5-3287E1895488@microsoft.com... > When I enter or import data into Excel, 30/150 becomes 30/150, but 2/24 > becomes Feb 01, 2024. How to prevent excel from interpereting the data wrong > way? > -- > :-) Thank you Tom, it works for key entry. Is it possible to prevent E...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Issue with Excel 2003
I have found that when I import information into Excel 2003, Hyphens ar not converted to a longer type symbol (almost like 2 hypen widths). I've seen it in Microsoft Access 2003 also. How can I get hyphens t remain as hyphens. For example, if I type a hyphen it shows up as -. But here's a copy of what gets imported �. as you can see it's wider. This gets annoying especially when I use Access and what to type i something for a query. Can you help me -- Good Intention ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Good Intentions's Profile: http://ww...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
How do I set my pivot table so that it does not display any sums of values that are equal to zero? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt You can use conditional formatting to set the foreground colour to white if the cell contents are zero. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 10, 2:19=A0pm, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set my pivot table so that it does not display any sums of value= s > that are equal to zero? > > Thanks, > > Barb Reinhardt ...

can i email an excel spreadsheet from office 2003 to a mac user
can i email an excel spreadsheet using office 2003 to an apple user using office 2004 trishia50 wrote: > can i email an excel spreadsheet using office 2003 to an apple user using > office 2004 Assuming you have an email account and an email client, yes. gls858 ...

Library in Excel
Hey I would like to make a library in a Excel sheet, but i do not know how? I would like it to do like this: Material Lamdba value Wood 0,12 So when i write "Wood" it gives me the lamdba value, 2 columns to the right I hope someone can help me :) Build a table on a dedicated sheet--in columns A:B. Then you can use put your entry in A1 (of a different sheet) and use this in the adjacent cell: =vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false) Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.ht...

How can I formt a date in Excel in the form mm/dd that switches t.
I have an application that uses the mm/dd format. However, some of our users are in the UK and I want to display the date as dd/mm, i.e. it switches automatically depending on the region. Excel does have a format that switches depending on the region (it's prefixed with a *) but it's in a form mm/dd/yyyy and I only want mm/dd. Anyone know if this can be done? I think you need VBA for that. This UDF *should* do it Function ShowDate(dDate As Date) As String ShowDate = Format$(dDate, "short date") Select Case Application.International(xlDateOrder) Case 0, 1...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

excel 2002 opening excel 97 files as read only !!!!
some users using excel 2000, some using excel 97. typical "enterprise" enviornment i guess. anyway, files open fine with excel 97 but when opening with the "new and improved" excel 2002, a (read only) appears at the top next to the file name. this is a new one on me, it's not "backward compatible" ?? when excel 2000 opens the files, it says some "plugin" isnt there and that there is an installer error 1605 or something but then opens it just fine. im truly lost on this one. So are we, Bill. You really need to get the exact messages. And... are t...

Modified Excel??????
In Microsoft Excel 97 there is a option where I can open a file that is last modified in a week, month or even today but this option does not appear in Excel 2000. Does anyone know how I turn that on???? You have to go into Tools, Find and change the Property drop down to "Last Modified". -- Jim "WomensHealthUSA" <WomensHealthUSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91440F45-F4E1-4E02-9458-5959E1F66903@microsoft.com... | In Microsoft Excel 97 there is a option where I can open a file that is last | modified in a week, month or even today but this...

how to send data/message from win32 dll to mfc application?
Hi All , I have to send data from a Win32 DLL to mfc application. What are the possible ways to achieve this? In mfc application I have a document which should recieve this data . is it possible ? I read somewhere about PostMessage() method . it sends the message to applcations main window (CmainFrm ???) .Should I handle the messages sent by the dll and update my document from here ? Thanks in advance JustLikeDat ggurubasavaraja@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All , > > I have to send data from a Win32 DLL to mfc application. What are the > possible ways to achieve this? > In mfc a...

Linking In Excel
I am linking from an Excel sheet to files which use other applications and I want to change the application that these files open with. The normal way of changing file associations does not work i.e. opening a JPEG file with ACDsee as the default opens with "Microsoft Photo Editor" through the Excel Link. Any Ideas? Solution to this would be most appreciated. Regards, Robotnik ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It is a Windows setting. O...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Excel: Automatically Saving as Web Page
Hello all--Judging by the subject headings I see in this forum, I can tell that my problem is a relatively simple one. Well, hopefully, anyway. I suppose I ought to simply say what I'd like to have Excel do and perhaps some of you could tell me how that might be accomplished. Currently, I've successfully created a network of spreadsheets, where the value of one cell is pulled and copied into another cell in another spreadsheet (that value is then used to create a graph). The goal is to export that spreadsheet (the one containing the pulled value and resulting graph) as an html doc...

excel page breaks gone
working in Excel and has a very large file per user...states that when i go to set the print parameters I keep getting these page breaks for a document that is 1000 pages in excel which he printed..and now all his page breaks are gone...states parameters are no longer there any ideas why using excel 2000 Just a thought, why not clear all Page Breaks, select the entire document and then go to File | Set Print Area?? HTH ...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...