Spreadsheets as OLE objects

Hello, I have a table in Access and in each record of that table is an Excel
worksheet embedded as an OLE object. Copy and paste works in the selected
worksheet, but when I try to copy and paste a range of cells from one
embedded worksheet to one in another record the information is not passed to
the clipboard
as I have no paste function.
The worksheets are not linked.
Do the worksheets have to be linked to a workbook outside of Access?
If so, do I then need to programmatically define the path?
Thanks in advance for any help
0
Paul3rd (4)

Hi Paul3rd,

I've just tried to replicate the situation you describe, and i can't. When i
pasted data from one sheet to a sheet in another record (that is, embedded
within the field of datatype OLE in my sample Access table), the data did in
fact go to the clipboard.  Perhaps I have misunderstood? Maybe you have
solved it already, or would you like to re-explain your issue?

cheers, helen

"Paul3rd" wrote:

> Hello, I have a table in Access and in each record of that table is an Excel
> worksheet embedded as an OLE object. Copy and paste works in the selected
> worksheet, but when I try to copy and paste a range of cells from one
> embedded worksheet to one in another record the information is not passed to
> the clipboard
> as I have no paste function.
> The worksheets are not linked.
> Do the worksheets have to be linked to a workbook outside of Access?
> If so, do I then need to programmatically define the path?
> Thanks in advance for any help

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

Get Inspector or MailItem as IDispatch object from a window handle
I am able to get any window handle from outlook. For each of these window handle I've tried AccessibleObjectFromWindow( hWnd, (DWORD)OBJID_NATIVEOM, IID_IDispatch, (void**)&pDispWindow); I am able to get Word.Document object from a window class as "_WwG". But I am not able to get Outlook.Inspedtor object from any of these window. Is there any way to get Outlook.Inspedtor object from one of these window? Thanks in advance. Tom Tom;113091 Wrote: > I am able to get any window handle from outlook. For each of these > window > handle I've tr...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

Tell when a com object has been terminated?
I open an interface to a COM object and pass the interface pointer to a thread. I then make calls into the object from that thread. At some point the user can terminate that COM object via an interface within the COM object. My question is, is there anyway for the thread to know that the COM object has been closed so it won't continue to make calls to it Thanks Phi A COM object should not be explicitly terminated. It will terminate itself when there is no reference to it. If it does not, you need to ensure that your COM server behaves in this manner. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajay...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

embedded objects in tasks
I just purchased a new computer with Oulook 2003 on it. Previously I had been using Oulook 2000. In the old version I was able to cut and paste parts of spread sheets from MS Excel into a Task window. Then I could double click on what I had pasted and it would allow me to manipulate the date in that spread sheet as if i was in Excel. Now in Outlook 2003, I have tried to do the same thing. I am able to cut and past the spread sheet in a Task, but when i try to open it, it will not let me manipulate anything there. Any clues or help? Thanks, Eric ...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

Playing an embedded wave object (OLE)
Hi-- I've searched diligently for an answer to this, and experimented at some length, so forgive me if this topic is asked and answered already... All Office 2003 applications seem to offer the possibility of inserting an object, like a wave object. (This is OLE, right? It's not the same as attaching a file.) In virtually every case, embedding an object works great--it's quick and easy to retrieve the contents of the embedded object. Yet in Outlook, if I embed a wave object in a Task Item for example, when I go to retrieve the contents of that embedded wave object, the Play c...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...

spreadsheet
I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. How do I do this. Thank you Hi Mary, If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check Print Gridlines. Hope this helps. Pete Mary wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. > How do I do this. Thank you Thank you very much. that worked fine. Thanks again. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Hi Mary, > > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check > Print Gridlines. > > Hope this helps. >...

Error Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I'm trying to import a general excel spreadsheet into access. However, everytime I try to import it, it says there is an error importing the data and that it can not be imported. Also, it doesn't give me any indication to what type of error it is. I've tried pasting the data into a fresh spreadsheet and that still didn't reslove the issue. Does any one have an idea onto why I would be getting this error message? hi Jason- It could be some of the values in the title of a column such as # and @. What kind of data are you importing? Time- Dates- just words? Are there ...

Confusing spreadsheet
I have been tasked with trying to simplify a few spreadsheets that i use. They are to track certain tasks that run, and then certain fields with the output created. I don't have much time to get it in place so i have found a few quick things that may make life easier, but wanted some help in the code needed/best way to make these changes. 1) Is there away to get multiple spreadsheets to update one main sheet? There will be 5 seperate sheets for the different 'types' of runs, and then one main sheet keeping track of run numbers, which will have 5 tabs for the dif...

Spreadsheet Printing and Displaying on one pc in Blue Ink
One of our users is still having trouble with an Excel spreadsheet. It is printing in blue ink on his pc and black on everyone elses. I modified the spreadsheet cell colors to black instead of automatic and it still prints blue on his. I had him check his palette to make sure black was highlighted as the default color and he said it was. He also told me that he is able to print in black ink using other applications on his PC, so he isn't out of black ink. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug After discussing with HP Tech Support, We just selected print to graysca...

Reference to cell with external spreadsheet
I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to another spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and just refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? Thank you On 19 Dec, 20:43, B Lane <B L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to ano= ther > spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and j= ust > refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? > > Thank you If you long range name is in ...

Application-defined or object-defined error
Hi, I find myself stumped by an incredibly easy piece of code and one that I have used before. I am getting the error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error I am getting the error when I run the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks.Open "\\depot02\rel\www\internal\business_areas\edg\Metrics\Phones\HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls" Workbooks("HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls").Worksheets("data").Cells.Copy _ Workbooks("phoneholdtime...

Euro 2008 spreadsheet
Just have a look at this EURO 2008 spreadsheet. Its quite light and useful. It also have an online version. Excel users follow this link http://exceltemplates.blogspot.com/2008/06/euro-2008-spreadsheet.html For online version follow this link http://googsprs.blogspot.com/2008/06/euro-2008-spreadsheet.html ...

Read error when saving Excel object in Publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 to create a document that has several Excel 2000 embedded objects. Things were going fine but one day I started getting an error when I try to change anything on any of the Excel objects. I can open the Excel object directly from Excel just fine. The errors vary from a "read error" to Publisher hanging-up to not being able to save. My system is running Win2k. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, DC It is always helpful to know the exact error. Do you have all the service packs for Windows 2000? The types of files and add-ins that the security ...

Reminder OKonly button when spreadsheet opens
My secretary is asking if there's a way to remind her to change th header in a spreadsheet weekly. I was thinking either a reminde (Okonly) when the workbook opens, or a button that brings up the forma so she can change it weekly? Found help on displaying paths in footers, but this is changing th date on the header for printing. Thanks for any help! krislyn;) US -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could insert a formula into a cell that displays on every Monday: =IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=2,"Update Header!","") The "2" represents Monday. 1=...

Scrolling not working in spreadsheet (Excel 2000)
Good afternoon. We have Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000. I have a spreadsheet with a column that is filtered by Status - Open or Closed. If I am showing the 'Open' items, I can page up and down, use the up/down arrows and the mouse to scroll up and down in the document. If I show the 'Closed' items, none of the scrolling options work. The scroll bar on the right indicates that I'm 'moving' down in the document, and the cell reference in the upper left corner changes (as does the display of the cell contents) but all I see on the screen is the first page. An...