spreadsheet

I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it.
How do I do this.  Thank you
0
Mary1 (682)

Hi Mary,

If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check
Print Gridlines.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Mary wrote:
> I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it.
> How do I do this.  Thank you

0
pashurst (2576)
8/10/2006 1:54:06 PM
Thank you very much.  that worked fine.  Thanks again.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Hi Mary,
>
> If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check
> Print Gridlines.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> Mary wrote:
> > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it.
> > How do I do this.  Thank you

0
Mary1 (682)
8/10/2006 5:56:02 PM
You're welcome.

Pete

Mary wrote:
> Thank you very much.  that worked fine.  Thanks again.
>
> "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
> > Hi Mary,
> >
> > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check
> > Print Gridlines.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > Mary wrote:
> > > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it.
> > > How do I do this.  Thank you

0
pashurst (2576)

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

spreadsheet
I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. How do I do this. Thank you Hi Mary, If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check Print Gridlines. Hope this helps. Pete Mary wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. > How do I do this. Thank you Thank you very much. that worked fine. Thanks again. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Hi Mary, > > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check > Print Gridlines. > > Hope this helps. >...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...

Error Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I'm trying to import a general excel spreadsheet into access. However, everytime I try to import it, it says there is an error importing the data and that it can not be imported. Also, it doesn't give me any indication to what type of error it is. I've tried pasting the data into a fresh spreadsheet and that still didn't reslove the issue. Does any one have an idea onto why I would be getting this error message? hi Jason- It could be some of the values in the title of a column such as # and @. What kind of data are you importing? Time- Dates- just words? Are there ...

Confusing spreadsheet
I have been tasked with trying to simplify a few spreadsheets that i use. They are to track certain tasks that run, and then certain fields with the output created. I don't have much time to get it in place so i have found a few quick things that may make life easier, but wanted some help in the code needed/best way to make these changes. 1) Is there away to get multiple spreadsheets to update one main sheet? There will be 5 seperate sheets for the different 'types' of runs, and then one main sheet keeping track of run numbers, which will have 5 tabs for the dif...

Spreadsheet Printing and Displaying on one pc in Blue Ink
One of our users is still having trouble with an Excel spreadsheet. It is printing in blue ink on his pc and black on everyone elses. I modified the spreadsheet cell colors to black instead of automatic and it still prints blue on his. I had him check his palette to make sure black was highlighted as the default color and he said it was. He also told me that he is able to print in black ink using other applications on his PC, so he isn't out of black ink. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug After discussing with HP Tech Support, We just selected print to graysca...

Reference to cell with external spreadsheet
I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to another spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and just refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? Thank you On 19 Dec, 20:43, B Lane <B L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to ano= ther > spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and j= ust > refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? > > Thank you If you long range name is in ...

Euro 2008 spreadsheet
Just have a look at this EURO 2008 spreadsheet. Its quite light and useful. It also have an online version. Excel users follow this link http://exceltemplates.blogspot.com/2008/06/euro-2008-spreadsheet.html For online version follow this link http://googsprs.blogspot.com/2008/06/euro-2008-spreadsheet.html ...

Reminder OKonly button when spreadsheet opens
My secretary is asking if there's a way to remind her to change th header in a spreadsheet weekly. I was thinking either a reminde (Okonly) when the workbook opens, or a button that brings up the forma so she can change it weekly? Found help on displaying paths in footers, but this is changing th date on the header for printing. Thanks for any help! krislyn;) US -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could insert a formula into a cell that displays on every Monday: =IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=2,"Update Header!","") The "2" represents Monday. 1=...

how do you place a spreadsheet(s) inside another spreadsheet
I am trying to setup a workbook with spreadsheets that contain other spreadsheets. Does excel allow this? if yes, how can I do it. Hi not 100% sure what you're after here ... a workbook can contain multiple worksheets. Each worksheet contains a grid of cells 256 columns wide & 65536 rows deep. This basic structure of excel can not be altered. Please post back with additional details on what you're trying to achieve and we might be able to suggest a solution. Cheers JulieD "ucastores" <ucastores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDE44C32-...

Scrolling not working in spreadsheet (Excel 2000)
Good afternoon. We have Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000. I have a spreadsheet with a column that is filtered by Status - Open or Closed. If I am showing the 'Open' items, I can page up and down, use the up/down arrows and the mouse to scroll up and down in the document. If I show the 'Closed' items, none of the scrolling options work. The scroll bar on the right indicates that I'm 'moving' down in the document, and the cell reference in the upper left corner changes (as does the display of the cell contents) but all I see on the screen is the first page. An...

importing excel spreadsheets
Once again, I'm stumped, and my brain hurts. I need to import data from excel spreadsheets into a database I'm building. This will be done on different files almost daily. These files will all be the same in structure but unfortunately I cannot use an import specification for importing spreadsheets. I also know how to call a common dialog API to select the appropriate file. The trouble comes in the design of the .xls files. Unfortunately, the field names are in the 8th row, the data is in 10 different columns but I only want 3 of those columns. How can I import only certain cells int...

Excel Spreadsheet growing in size for no reason
I work with a Excel Spreadsheet on a daily basis - it contains basi formulas and sums. Over the last couple of months it has been graduall growing (not physically as it generally stays the same size) It got to 19.4 mb in size whem really it should be around 500kb We cant work out why it has done this and where it is storing thi extra information It has basically become unusable as it is so slow Anyone have any ideas? Jame -- rossij ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rossij8's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...

Attendance Spreadsheet
I created a drop down list of children's names and plaeced the list under every month of the school year. I need a formula that will discern a child's name from the drop down list and count the number of present days ("P") and the number of absent days ("A") for each month. From there I can sum the months to get the total for the year. Hope someone can help! -- -PigFox Assuming you have this drop-down selector box in A2, names listed in A5:A100, Ps or As from B5:AF100 (to accommodate 31 days), and you want the count of Ps in B2 and As in C2, th...

Locking certain parts of a spreadsheet
Hi all Is it possible to lock certain parts of a worksheet or lock a workshee and allow access to certain cells in it? Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: - first select all cells for which you want to allow entries - goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' - After this protect your worksheet ('Tools - Protection') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all > > Is it possible to lock certain parts of a worksheet or lock a > worksheet and allow access to certain cells in it? ...

entering new data in a saved spreadsheet without losing formulas?
How do I do this? Hi Jackie, As long as you do not overwrite the formulas, then any new data will not affect the formula. I suspect though that there is more to this question. Are you concerned about writing new data into a cell that has a formula in it? The way to stop a cell's data being overwritten is to put protection onto it. This means taking protection off all the other cells otherwise you will not be able to write data to any cell. First select the whole worksheet concerned, then go to Format\Cells and select the protection tab and unselect the 'locked' tick box,...