Simple Simple Simple

Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo
calculating square inches.

Column A: Height
Column B: Legnth
Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24
Column D: Cost per tag

Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches

What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th
total (sum) be entered into columns C and D.

I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas.  Any help will b
appreciated.

Thank you,
Crai

Hi Craig,

One Way, might be better ways but this'll work:

List the coloumns as you posted.  I also included the
$9.98 in cell F2.

First Row is for your headers.

In C2 enter:

=IF(OR(A2="",B2=""),"",FLOOR(24/A2,1)*FLOOR(16/B2,1))

drag this down as far as you need to.

In D2 enter:

=IF(C2="","",$F$2/C2)

Also drag down the same as above.

Be sure to enter $9.98 in F2 (this you can change if your
costs vary without going into the formulas.

HTH,

Don

speadsheet for
>calculating square inches.
>
>Column A: Height
>Column B: Legnth
>Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24
>Column D: Cost per tag
>
>Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is
16 x 24 inches

>What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length
and have the
>total (sum) be entered into columns C and D.
>
>I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas.  Any help
will be
>appreciated.
>
>Thank you,
>Craig

0
anonymous (74717)
8/29/2004 3:43:53 AM
Thank you very much Don.  Everything works good.  I'll be adding som
other fields to it in the future.

Thank you again,
Crai

Happy to return a little of the knowledge I've picked up
on here...glad it worked for you.

Thanks for the feed-back,

Don

adding some
>other fields to it in the future.
>
>Thank you again,
>Craig
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74717)

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

What is simple text?
When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be ignored'. The result is all other data except the accounting formatted data. Help!!!! I suppose it means without the currency symbol and thousands delimiters. On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:01:04 -0700, TexMas <TexMas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated >data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be >ignored'. The result is ...

simple question
Okay, I have a very simple question. Where do the old posts go after they run off the last page of this newsgroup? Sometimes I would like to refer to a post that I remember seeing in October, but is no longer on the current section. The search function seems to only search current posts as well. If anyone has some input please email me at joep@siboneylg.com Thanks kindly. have you tried google groups, they keep archived old posts: http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=microsoft.public.greatplains&hl=en "Joe Proehl" <joep@siboneylg.com> wrote in message news:099701c5...

(Error 1004) Object Defined Error ...simple code
I have the following simple simple code: Dim s as String s = WeekdayName(1) ' Causes Error 1004 Why would the above call to "WeekdayName(1)" suddenly cause an Object Defined Error?? My program has been working nicely for awhile, but now all of a sudden it halts at the above line??? What the heck is going on??? Robert Crandal Hi Robert, It works fine for me. However, checking out Help, the first day of week parameter is supposed to default to Sunday (or 1) as the first day of the week but it appears to default to zero. Tested in xl2002 and x...

Simple Macro is not so simple
Hi all, I am trying to record a macro which will automatically perform the insert > comment function to a selected cell. Should be easy right? Alas no Danny There's sample code on my web site, for inserting comments: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Aardvark wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to record a macro which will automatically perform the insert > > comment function to a selected cell. Should be easy right? Alas no -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Wow! Nice one :-) Thank you M...

vb--simple simple
hi, anyone know how to copy a combobox selection to a specific cell b using vb code in a command box -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com i cant see this in the userform. i know you can do this with a normal combo box which is not in a for but lost when in a userform -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com What's a "command box"? Can you give an clear example of what you want to do? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "stevieh >" <<stevieh.16v8yw@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:stevieh.16v8yw@excelforum-nospam.com... | hi, | |...

Formula question -simple for those who know
Hello I'm trying to add a number that was calculated by means of a formula in one column to the sum of a different column. Example: Column A (running balance) Column B (sum) =+e5+c6-d6 =sum(h1:h8) Col A's number is running balance. I copied the formula down so that the next row changes the formula to =+e6=c7-d7 I want that running balance to add to a sum in another column. I can add the first cell to it, but it doesn't change if the running balance changes. I know that is because it's pointing to that single...

Pretty simple question
Hello I use Excel 97 in work. I have a frustrating problem. If I have two Excel workbooks open then, in order to switch between them, I have to go to the menu bar and select <Window> and then the appropriate workbook. I am used to Excel 2000 where I can just click the workboook 'icons / tabs' along the bottom of my screen. This is far better. How can I change Excel 97 to allow the open workbooks to display as icons/tabs along the bottom of the screen (as is standard these days). Please help lower my blood pressure... Regards Alex Alex, I don't think that was an ...

A simple question requiring a simple answer
When typing in a cell how do I get the text to drop down a line yet stay in the same cell? ie. In word you hit enter and the cursor drops to the next line. In excel you hit enter and the next cell is selected. -- Pedros ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pedros's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562306 Pedros, use Alt+enter to get a new line in the same cell -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post...

Simple Formula Question
hi, I have the following simple formula: =A61*E61 I need to know how I can highlight a block of cells - Let's say row 62-86 and have that formula update itself to reflect each row number (A column & E column remain throughout only the numbers of the row change) Hope that made sense. I know it's a simple proceedure I just can' remember how to do it. Your help would be greatly appreciated as I' really up against a deadline. Thanks!! : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com just copy the formula for all rows. Excel will change the formula accordingly Frank ...

Help with a 'simple' (prob!!) formular
I have date figures in A col and sales amounts in B - i want to identify trends. I want to formulate this; if a sales was between 1st and last day of month x and between �3001 and �4000 count 1 ie i want to be able to see how many sales between two figures and two dates there were i am really stuck on this one! - paulrobertmee@ukonline.co.uk ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I sent you a file that should accomplish what you are trying to do. "me...

Simple Questions
Hello 1- How do I make my spreadsheet have its grids non-visible? 2- How do I make (at the same time) a certain cell write protected as well as if someone clicks on it then its border does not get focus (meaning: you know when you click on a cell, then its border lines weight get larger as to tell you that this is the cell that you have chosen, but I don't want this focus feature, I want it to look like as if it is a webpage, and you know when you glick on any work on a webpage it doesn't get any focus)? -- cgi_pro -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Simple Formula for simple person. :)
Hi, I'm typing up a basketball boxscore template and need the formula to work out shots made over shot attempts. I know this is a simple percentage but I'm not sure what form this would take in the function window. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks The Excel Noob. Okay, I learnt to read. *blush* ...

simple sheet ?
Hi Would it be possible to have a Simple Spread Sheet that would recognise the input of the SAME number if it were entered three times and then highlight that number in a different place and the number could be anything between 1 and 2000 -- Keith You could have a helper column in b. if all the numebrs are in col a. have an equation in b1:- =countif(a:a=a1) and in c1 if(b1=>3,("This number has appeared three times "&b1),"") copy this formula down. this the kinda thing ure after -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Keith I would say Con...

quick and simple question
I have a user that wants to send out an same exact e-mail every Thursday of the month to the same exact recipients, is there a way to create and store an e-mail that can automatically do this? using outlook 2000, or 2002, or 2003 You can use an add-in for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount. or; http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/email_scheduler/ If you decide to order use "4PM76A8" to get a discount. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the...

Simple Device Driver
I am new to writing CE Drivers and don't know how to get started with the following problem. I have a stable Window CE x86 CEPC platform that I use for various projects. It is a headless system (no video, mouse, or keyboard). It has a network port and 2 serial ports. I would like to add a digital I/O board. The I/O Board is a very simple design, it sits on the PC-104(ISA) bus, decodes its address and use the -IOW line from the bus to strobe a latch. I can read and write to this board using routines derived from DDK_IO like WRITE_PORT_UCHAR for example. I want to wr...

preventing a workbook being changed? (not as simple as it sounds!)
i am trying to prevent anyone being able to make changes to a workboo and something strange is happening. Ive put a password on the workbook by going to tools/options/securit and adding a "password to modify". now in theory this should prevent anyone ever being able to change m workbook without knowing that password. however ive had the workbook put onto the intranet, clicking the lin to it opens it in IE. if i make some changes in the workbook and the click the back button in IE, i get prompted to save the workbook due t changes. I can then click save and save the workbook to m...

Simple Simple Excel usage question
How can I export a comma delimited file(csv) into a text file, and have the exported file include the commas in the text file? found the answer A CSV *is* a text file. Just open it with Notepad or something other than Excel and you should see what you're looking for. :) "BookerW" wrote: > How can I export a comma delimited file(csv) into a text file, and have the > exported file include the commas in the text file? ...