Simple Paste question- please help!

Sorry all i'm brand new to excel and these seems like it should be so
simple :(

my data looks like this in pdf file:
J02NA
J18BD
J1GXX
J2E4E
J2KDI
J2KEO
J2T7V
J2T9W
J2T9Y
J2V3X

BUT WHEN I COPY AND PASTE INTO EXCEL IT LOOKS LIKE THIS (4 rows):

J02NA J18BD J1GXX J2E4E J2KDI J2KEO
J2T7V
J2T9W J2T9Y
J2V3X

how do i paste my data correctly or what next steps can i do so the data
pasted looks the same in excel aka 10 rows in 1 column??

I really appreciate who ever takes the time to answer this. it will help
alot! Happy Easter/ Passover etc :) Thank you in advance

--
CXIV

CXIV;1600606 Wrote:
> Sorry all i'm brand new to excel and these seems like it should be so
> simple :(
>
> my data looks like this in pdf file:
> J02NA
> J18BD
> J1GXX
> J2E4E
> J2KDI
> J2KEO
> J2T7V
> J2T9W
> J2T9Y
> J2V3X
>
> BUT WHEN I COPY AND PASTE INTO EXCEL IT LOOKS LIKE THIS (4 rows):
>
> J02NA J18BD J1GXX J2E4E J2KDI J2KEO
> J2T7V
> J2T9W J2T9Y
> J2V3X
>
> how do i paste my data correctly or what next steps can i do so the data
> pasted looks the same in excel aka 10 rows in 1 column??
>
> I really appreciate who ever takes the time to answer this. it will help
> alot! Happy Easter/ Passover etc :) Thank you in advance

If you use "paste special / values" Does that make any difference?

--
Spencer101

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

need some basic help
I have a basic daily sales sheet that has a number value in column one for the day of the month from 1 to 31, column 2 has the daily sales that I put in manually and column 3 has the total sales for the month =SUM(B2+C1). At the bottom on row 31 I calculate daily average sales with a basic =C3/C1 and I have to change on a daily basis by hand... all extremely basic stuff. But I'm looking for a way to calculate the daily average sales automatically as I put in the daily sales each day without having to edit the row 31 formula every day. I tried googling for daily average sales but th...

Help
I've come across waterfall charts (and read the various postings on this forum, and the links to sites that tell you how to make them in excel) So far so good. The charts are great for clearly showing a single change (either a plus or a minus), and cope with occasions where plusses and minuses are shown on the same column (the next column starts in the right place). What they don't show in those circumstances is the aggregate value (i.e. plus 3000, minus 2000, aggregate is 1000 (3000-2000!), so would ideally show as 1000 greater than the invisible. Hope this makes sense. Any ...

Numbering a list of calculated Rows.......Advice Please
Can anyone advise me how to number the first column of my worksheet. I want the number to automatically increment when I enter the first cell of following row. I do not want this number to be entered manually. I need to be able to delete rows randomly and for the the row numbers to automatically renumber in numerical order with no numerical gaps. For example if I have a column 1,2,3,4,5, and delete 3, I would like the column to automatically renumber as 1234 and not 1,2,4,5. I hope I have explained myself correctly. I have a copy of Excel 2002 InsideOut, but can't find a method to do ...

simple formlas not working
This should be really simple but we have a comptuer with excel that the formuals will not work correctly. We are simply trying to subract column B from column A. It is set up in column C as =A1-B1 which gives me the correct answer but then if I copy it for rows 2 and on I always get the same answer as row 1. If you look at the formulas it is changing them to =A2-B2, =A3-C3 and so on but the answer is always the same. Also if I go and change the numbers in A1 or B1 to change the answer is C1 it will not change. Whatever the first answer is it will stay that number. Any help would b...

Privileges Question
I have created a custom entity called RGAs for our Return Goods Authorization system. This custom entity is a one-to-many relationship with the account being the primary entity. We have also created a custom role for our regional sales people the basically limits the data they synchronize with to only be the data they own. All accounts 'owned' by the user will be visible to the user while off-line. Any contact or quote that gets created by someone else under that users owned account also shows up while off-line. The new RGA entity however does not. I have the read privileg...

Help Urgent
Is There is Any Way To Block LAN User Attachment restriction On 30 Jun 2005 03:30:15 -0700, shabbir550@gmail.com wrote: >Is There is Any Way To Block LAN User Attachment restriction Describe that again? On Exchange you can't block attachments or attachment types. If you want to do that then you can configure the client not to allow certain attachment types to be opened. Can you please help me how to do so . Thanks in advance I Want The Internal User Not To Send / Receive Attachment Mails Like Zip , Mp3 Etc . we Had blocked the same in our firewall gateway . Externally It is bl...

Excel 2007 Installation Question
I am about to purchase Excel 2007 (MS Office Home & Student 2007 Version)... What I would like to know is exactly how can I install it along side my other version of Excel (version 2002 XP)? I generally use the XP version for most of my development at work, but I would like to start learning version 2007 as well (using my same PC). Can anyone provide me with some detailed instructions for this installation or direct me to a website that might do the same? Many thanks in advance. Mark Ivey Just a little more clarification on my request... What I would like is the Excel XP versi...

Calendar question
I'm using Publisher 2002. Last year I made a yearly, single page calendar. Now I want to change only the date to 2010. There has got to be a way to change only the date range without having to start over again from scratch, but I can't figure out how to do this. Anyone have a clue? Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist Yearly calendars are automatically correct for the chosen year when you change the date range. Did you customize it with your own edits? If this is the case, you wil...

HELP: Display search results in footer section in a split form
Hi All, I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ Details Section. How can I display results in the footer section? Is there a way to do it? Basically I just want to display results below the search criteria and not in a new tab or window. Hope I made it clear Thanks in advance If you want Quick & Dirty, create a textBox in the Footer and just fill it programmatically at execution-time. "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ > Details Section. How can ...

help with data collection!
Hello all! Here is a c/p of partial of my post from the other forum. Any and all help is greatly appriceated guys! Thanks! So I have this list that has product numbers in column A, product prices in column B, and order number for the products in column C ... most products have more than once instance.. for example col a col b col c producta 10.99 345353 producta 11.99 3445453 producta 10.99 657567 producta 8.99 345353 producta 10.99 5464646 so what I'm trying to do now is , when i type in the product number(products are alphanumeric w/ no spaces - the a...

I pasted the message below!
OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:1000a01e. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0187 EIP=1000a01e EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=018f ESP=0056f994 EBP=02c44244 ECX=00674894 DS=018f ESI=02c44240 FS=500f EDX=00585958 ES=018f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: Stack dump: 02c44240 00000001 02d50540 1000c864 00000000 02d50210 10007e57 02c44240 00000000 00000000 3a8d9a50 010130b8 00000000 10027a7c b65ad801 11d0abaf -- Have a great day, Ed Patterson I'm afraid that does no good. What version of Outlook do you have? What were you doing when this happened? Do...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...

Help recording a reverse stock split
A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. Microsoft money does not have an option for this. Does anybody have a work around for this problem. In microsoft.public.money, mncpastud wrote: >A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. > >Microsoft money does not have an option for this. > >Does anybody have a work around for this problem. For a regular split, you might do a 2 for 1 split. For a reverse split, do a 1 for 10 split, or whatever the split is. The problem with the reverse split is the first number: it is .1429 for 1. The first number has to be a ...

Need help with Outllook Laptop client install error
Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". Any help with problem would very much be appreciated. Bob At what point in the installation does it fail? Was SQL Express installed before the CRM client? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Bob" wrote: > Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express > Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". > > Any help with problem would very much be apprec...

Help with Formula, returns #NAME!
Hello, I am trying to get this formula to work. =SUM(IF(D5,VALUE<"4/1/07", E5,+ SUM(IF(F5,VALUE<"4/1/07",G5)))) Thanks bp Try: =SUM(IF(D5<DATEVALUE("4/1/07"),E5)+SUM(IF(F5<DATEVALUE("4/1/07"),G5))) Jim May "bp" wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to get this formula to work. > =SUM(IF(D5,VALUE<"4/1/07", E5,+ SUM(IF(F5,VALUE<"4/1/07",G5)))) > > Thanks > bp > > > Hello Jim, Thanks, it worked well. Could you adjust the following formula to accomodate a DATE RANGE. example d...

Help JPEG's wont load
I have Publisher 97 I'm having problems importing jpegs. Some will load others say I'm missing converters for the JPEG files. Hi Robert (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 97 I'm having problems importing jpegs. || Some will load others say I'm missing converters for the || JPEG files. You may have a corrupt jpg filter. Find your jpg filter, and rename it then reinstall Publisher. The filter name is: Jpegim32.flt Rename this to: Jpegim32.old Then reinstall Publisher and their filters. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Pu...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...

Copy/Paste cells containing only numbers with .50 in it
I have been trying to come up with a formula that will read each cell in a column and copy & paste only the cells that contain numbers with .50. I can seem to properly configure the formula to read any whole number as long as it contains .50 in it. I want these vnumbers pasted into a seperate column. =IF(D21="*"+"0.50"),(D21),("") Thank you very much for your assistance. =3DIF(D21-INT(D21)=3D0.5,D21,"") If you truly want the numbers copied and pasted you would have to use = VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun ...

Payable Trial Balance Question
All - I have 3 transactions that show everywhere they should be - PM and GL. They are open transactions. But...they don't show on the Trial Balance/Aging Report. What exactly determines what shows on that report? I've looked at all of the PM tables...the transactions are there, but they won't show on the report. Any help would be much appreciated. Jeff Jeff, I would start by looking at the report defintion settings in the Payables Trial Balance Report Options window. See if any of the 'Exclude' options are checked. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast...

Pasting Subtotal Results
I have a long worksheet with subtotals. I want to cut and paste th Subtotal Results only. If you cut and paste, when pasting, it show everything that was in the subtotal. I just want to paste the resul of the subtotal. I've tried cut and paste value only, but it doen' work. Does this make sense? Please Help!! -- tche ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tchen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39398 I presume you've collaps...

Question concerning Barron's, Wall Street Journal, Investors Business Daily (Compare/Contrast -- Help Me Choose!! Confused...)
Do you recommend Barron's OR Wall Street Journal OR Both? And perhaps throw Investors Business Daily (Investors.com) into the loop! Any recommendations? Why or why not? I am just wondering the key differences between both... I know Barron's is a weekly publication while WSJ is daily (weekdays and one weekend edition). You can also choose to receive the WSJ weekend edition. Investors is daily (weekdays and one weekend editions). You can also choose to receive ust the weekend/"Monday edition" as well, just like WSJ which is a cheaper price tag... I am more interested in the ...

please take my address off your mailing list
i can not get any of the patches please take my name off your list There is no mailing list. This is usenet. If you used your real email address, change it or get used to it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, huey asked: | i can not get any of the patches please take my name off | your list ...

Paste Special drops cells from Word and Excell
Our church is using Publisher 2003 to do our bulletin and newsletter. When we try and use Paste Special to paste the calendar from Word 2003, it drops the last row of cells bottom of calendar (they do not show up in Publisher). If we go back to Word 2003, new document, and paste, everything is there. The same thing happens when we try to Paste Special from Excel 2003. It drops the last column of the Excel sheet. Any suggestions on how to fix this? The calendar and Excel sheet are put together by another individual ( not the secretary) and emailed to the church office. The secre...

Help with cell totals
Hi all, My problem is that I have two rows, one contains the manufacturers name, and the other the amount that manufacturer supplies. What I need to do is get the sum of the amount supplies for each manufacturer. Example: Company 1 8 Company 2 5 Company 2 7 Company 1 2 Totals: Company 1 10 Company 2 12 -- blackie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ blackie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...