Simple date on form

Hi.  I need to show the current date in a text box on a form, allow tha
date to be edited if need be by the user, then when the user clicks th
save button, save the edited (or if not edited, current date) to th
worksheet.  I also don't want the date to read mm/dd/yy.  I would lik
it to read dd/mm/yy.

I'm pretty sure I know how to save to the worksheet, but I thought
had better mention it, as there may be some little trick to it!.

Can anyone help me please

Do you need it to be on a form? using an input box would be easier,
something like this

Sub Insert_Date()
MyValue = InputBox("Enter the date you want", "Pick a date", Format(Date,
"mm/dd/yy"))
If MyValue = "" Then
    Exit Sub
End If
Range("A1").Value = MyValue
End Sub

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"kymmy >" <<kymmy.16aeiq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  I need to show the current date in a text box on a form, allow that
> date to be edited if need be by the user, then when the user clicks the
> save button, save the edited (or if not edited, current date) to the
> worksheet.  I also don't want the date to read mm/dd/yy.  I would like
> it to read dd/mm/yy.
>
> I'm pretty sure I know how to save to the worksheet, but I thought I
> had better mention it, as there may be some little trick to it!.
>
> Can anyone help me please?
>

> ---

newspab (272)
5/15/2004 1:16:14 PM
Thanks for that idea Paul, but I do have to have it on a form.  It i
only a small part of a payroll input form.

I need it to show the current date, but be able to be edited if nee
be

Sorry - wrong word used!  I meant to say a payroll form, where the use
enters information.

It is not an input form.  (I thought I better clarify that incase
confuse you with what I am doing)

Kymmy, asuming that your userform is userform1 and the textbox is textbox1

UserForm1.TextBox1.Value = Date   'will put the date in the textbox

then put this in the Command Button Click event for the save
ActiveSheet.[A1].Value = UserForm1.TextBox1.Value  'will put whats in the
textbox in A1 on the active sheet
TextBox1.Value = ""  'resets the text box

I maybe mistaken but if you are set to US date system, you MUST enter dates
as mm/dd/yy. You can change the format in the cell after the date is put in

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"kymmy >" <<kymmy.16br08@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for that idea Paul, but I do have to have it on a form.  It is
> only a small part of a payroll input form.
>
> I need it to show the current date, but be able to be edited if need
> be.
>

> ---

newspab (272)
5/16/2004 2:48:07 AM
Thank you very much Paul - that is perfect!

I don't want American time, as I'm Australian, and the American time o
mm/dd/yy always confuses me!  (I do have my regional settings on m
computer set to dd/mm/yy).

Thanks again!!:

Your Welcome

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"kymmy >" <<kymmy.16byjt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thank you very much Paul - that is perfect!
>
> I don't want American time, as I'm Australian, and the American time of
> mm/dd/yy always confuses me!  (I do have my regional settings on my
> computer set to dd/mm/yy).
>
> Thanks again!!:)
>

> ---

newspab (272)

How do Count a the number of times a date range appears within a date range!?
I'm stumped, I have no real idea on how to do this so any help much appreciated! I have a start date (no year ie, 1st December) and an end date (again no year say 5th Jan), And a date range, eg 11th May 2001 to 1 January 2006 for info late: 1st Dec to 5th Jan = 35 days How do i get a count of the number of 1st Decemebers to 5th Januarys in that date range for example 1st December 2001 to 5th January 2002 is 1st 1st December 2002 to 5th January 2003 is 2nd 1st December 2003 to 5th January 2004 is 3rd 1st December 2004 to 5th January 2005 is 4th 1st December 2005 to 1th January 2006 is...

Due dates #2
Hi.. I would like to know who of the employees continued 5 years at work relying on his/her starting date. Thanx. Assuming the start date is in cell A1, =(TODAY()-A1)/365>=5 Will return TRUE when greater than or equal to 5 years, FALSE when less. "Firas" wrote: > Hi.. > > I would like to know who of the employees continued 5 years at work relying > on his/her starting date. Thanx. =IF(DATE(YEAR(A1)-5,MONTH(A1),Day(A1))<=TODAY(),"Yes","No") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Firas" <Fi...

.eml modified date
I have just migrated to Windows 7. I had archived .eml documents stored in a general folder which I transferred to my new PC. But when I hover my mouse pointer over any of these .eml files in Windows Explorer, it changes the Modified Date to today's date (even without even opening the .eml file). So I have lost the original date history on a lot of these documents. Also happens if I save an email from Windows Live Mail as a .eml file to a folder, & then l hover my mouse pointer over it some days later in Windows Explorer. This never used to happen withg Windows XP & ...

Unable to create forms in database
We recently upgraded from Office 97 to 2003. We have a database which contains several forms/queries used by all. I run into problems when I am trying to create a new form in a database that is being used by a coworker. They are not accessing my form but one not connected. But I am getting the following message. " you do not have exclusive access to teh database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later." Is this a security setting that can be changed? This was never a problem in the earlier versions of Access. thanks All ve...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Release Date of V 4.0
Hi Does any one know the official release date for CRM V 4.0? Will CRM V 4.0 be available for partners before it is available for the general public? Thanks alot ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Excel 2000 Header Date Format..
I'm moving from MS Works to MS Office 2000. In Excel, the date in the Header is all numbers, for example, today's date is 29-01-09 but I want it to show 29 January 2009. I can't figure out what to change to get the proper date format. I do want the format as dd-mm-yyyy but I want the month to be January not 01. I'm using Windows XP home edition SP3. -- JD.. Excel takes the header date from your Windows short date settings. You cannot change that setting to the format you want to see. You can run a macro to set the date as you wish. Sub header_date() ActiveSheet.Pag...

disable auto conversion data to date-format when pasting
I have following problem: I copy some data from webpage. the data are in format like this: 31 / 40 28 / 34 21 / 68 47 / 63 34 / 45 26 / 48 11 / 24 16 / 32 when I paste that to excel I get following: 31 / 40 28 / 34 21 / 68 47 / 63 34 / 45 26 / 48 2004-11-24 16 / 32 as I understeand excel by default tries to choose best format for dat I paste. this is really annoying because it in reality changes data paste - 11 / 24 is no longer 11 /24 - it is now 38315 <- the real wa date data is stored and I can no longer get two first and two las numbers as I would be able from 11 / ...

Alpha vs. Date Due listing of Bills/Deposits in Money 2007
I just noticed in the Bills section of my Money 2007, the bills and deposits have suddenly changed in their listing from chronological, i.e. date due, to alphabetical, which I don't want. I don't know how this happened, but more importantly, I can't figure out how to put it back how it was before. Any help? Thanks very much! -- Aloha If you look very carefully at the headings of the Bills register you will see that one of them has a faint arrow next to it. Click the date heading and it will sort into order, click again and it will sort in the other direction. -- Regard...

Change Date Format
How do I change the date format of yyyymmdd so a query will identify weekend dates as a criteria? Thanks. If your field is a true DateTime then use --- Format([YourDateField],"w") with criteria of 7 or 1 for Saturday and Sunday. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "CMM" wrote: > How do I change the date format of yyyymmdd so a query will identify weekend > dates as a criteria? Thanks. Could you provide a little more description? How does a "format" have anything to do with "weekend dates"? Criteria for what? More info, pl...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

Problem with Date Formatting
I am importing a text file with dates in the format 3/1/05. I need the data formatted as DD-MMM-YYYY. I can get this for all dates EXCEPT where the leading zero has been dropped off the day, such as 3/1/05. Can anyone suggest how to do this in Excel? ...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

Auto-populate a form
Is there a way to auto-populate a form using data indexed to a primary key in a table? That is, when I enter the primary key value in a form, I want the remaing fields to automatically pull data from a table with that primary key and populate the remaining fields. -- DSM I would suggest an unbound combo with a row source based on your primary key field. Then use the After Update event of the comb to locate the record and make it the current record: Private Sub MyCombo_AfterUpdate() With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[PrimeKeyField] = " & Me.MyCombo ...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

How do I print only checked off items from a checklist form
Is it possible to use Word to create a form with checkboxes. The form is printed and used as a checkoff by endusers. Once the enduser completes the paper form its submitted and data entry enters the checks on the electronic form and from that creates a Word document with only the checked off items on the list? See the Boiler.zip on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at: http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "mccrea...

Match pairs of date in cells
Good day, i would like a solution to this problem. i have a set of data in a spreadsheet, these could be repeated, what i would like to display pairs of these data only, so anything that has no match or if there are more than two of them it will and only display one pair and ignore everything else. "whatzzup" wrote: > Good day, i would like a solution to this problem. i have a set of data in a > spreadsheet, these could be repeated, what i would like to display pairs of > these data only, so anything that has no match or if there are more than two >...

Reports
Greetings, If i have a combo box on a form that runs a report, can i reference hidden columns form it ( Im assuming as I only pass in the bound column, probably not) ?? e.g. =[Forms]![frmstudentletter]![cbostudentid]![Column](1) Doesnt like the above .. And how can I concatenate fields? It doesnt like =[FirstName] & " " & [SurName] Cheers Rob On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:01:12 -0000, Rob W wrote: > Greetings, > > If i have a combo box on a form that runs a report, can i reference hidden > columns form it ( Im assuming as I only pass in the bound column, p...

combo box filters on continuous form
Access03/WinXP On a subform, I am using two combo boxes for data selection. The first combo box allows the user to select a Primary category; the AfterUpdate property sets the RowSource for the second combo box where the user will select a Secondary category. In the AfterUpdate of the second combo box, I am using Me.Refresh and Me.Requery. This works without issue. The problem is that on selection of the Primary category where any previous records in the continuous form do not match the Primary category of the current record "lose" the data of the Secondary combo box. I ...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

Converting Dates from YYMMDD to MMDDYYYY
Hi All; I'm looking for a format function that will convert a date in the text format of YYMMDD to text format of MMDDYYYY. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! You can't do it using a Format function, but try: Function SwitchDateFormat(YYMMDD As String) As String Dim strDay As String Dim strMonth As String Dim strYear As String If Len(YYMMDD) = 6 Then strYear = Left$(YYMMDD, 2) strMonth = Mid$(YYMMDD, 3, 2) strDay = Right$(YYMMDD, 2) If strYear < "30" Then strYear = "19" & strYear Else strYear =...