set print area icon in Excel

The "set print area" icon has been eliminated in Excel 2003.  It was an
excellent feature and should be returned.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f2e5df9d-ede8-48c3-b685-c0e9a3b879c4&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers
0
Holiday (1)

You sure it was in earlier versions -- right out of the box?

But you can add it to your favorite toolbar:
tools|Customize|commands tab|File category
scroll down the commands list looking for Set Print Area
and drag it to where you want it.

I thought I did that with earlier versions, too--but my memory ain't what it
used to be!

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

> You sure it was in earlier versions -- right out of the box?
>
> But you can add it to your favorite toolbar:
> tools|Customize|commands tab|File category
> scroll down the commands list looking for Set Print Area
> and drag it to where you want it.
>
> I thought I did that with earlier versions, too--but my memory ain't what
> it
> used to be!
>
> Mark W. Holiday wrote:
>>
>> The "set print area" icon has been eliminated in Excel 2003.  It was an
>> excellent feature and should be returned.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f2e5df9d-ede8-48c3-b685-c0e9a3b879c4&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
terre081 (3244)
12/4/2005 1:33:19 AM
Must be a slow day at the ranch, huh <vbg>?

Thanks for checking.

--

Dave Peterson
0

setting up new outlook mail account

Excel 2003 scrolling
When using Excel, I have always been able to use the scroll wheel to navigate vertically in a spreadsheet. With the installation of Excel 2003, scrolling occurs left to right. Any solutions? ...

OWA Set Rule problem

print screen
I have an HP notebook, MS 2007. My Print screen button is also the INSERT box. when I hit PRT SC and paste it into MS Word, it fails to copy it. I also tried ALT+PRT SC and that doesn't copy it to Word either. What should I do? ...

Latest version of Excel that will read Excel 5 files
Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi will do. My Excel 2003 reads and saves Excel 95 files as well Frank > Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, I meant Excel 5.0, the version that preceded Office 95. Excel 5.0, when packaged with Office, was part of Office 4.3. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dderolph >" <<dderolph.10lrct@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mes...

How to set backcolour

Excel 2000 printing
On one particular spreadsheet: I set print area; but "print preview" shows only one column, altho more columns were included in the "print area." Can you help? Many thanks, Joe Joe Maybe the print preview is only showing you page 1 of 2? Andy. "jfgelband" <jfgelband@optonline.net> wrote in message news:050201c3a7fe$34c58ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > On one particular spreadsheet: I set print area; > but "print preview" shows only one column, altho more > columns were included in the "print area." > Can you help? > Many t...

can't see photos in my document but they print
Somehow I've made the photos in my MS Publisher document disappear but they are there when I print. I need to see them as I edit and rework pages. What did I do wrong? How can I fix it. Thanks. Ron View, Pictures, detailed display... If this does not solve the issue, then your video/graphics driver needs upgrading. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter: Control panel, Display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If your images appear when you slide the acceleration down, then go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and u...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Creating Multiple charts in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet should contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Is it possible to create a macro for the same? Please can somebody help me with some vba code for creating multiple charts in a single excel sheet. Thanks, Sobha ...

Icon guru needed
Hi, does someone know how windows decide to display a icon holding several resolutions. I am compiling an exe with the icon provided by a designer and when I am in small list view it's ok but in large view the masked icon is displayed. Is there any recommandations about ico resources ? My icon has 4 images : 16x16x32 normal icon 16x16x32 normal icon 32x32x32 masked icon (greyscale) 32x32x32 normal icon 32 is not a possible color depth. You can have 4-bit (16-color), 8-bit (256-color) and 24-bit (16,77,216-color), but not 32-bit or 32-color. What do you mean by "the masked icon ...

Creating Command button on Excel Sheet
Can anyone tell me how to activate a command button in Excel Sheet (M Excel 2000). I can create a botton there , but i can't execute it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you allocated some code (procedure steps) to the button using VBA? Rob "patwary8 >" <<patwary8.11jbds@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:patwary8.11jbds@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can anyone tell me how to activate a command button in Excel Sheet (MS > Excel 2000). I can create a botton there , but i can't execute it. > > > --- > Message posted ...

my pictures appear black but print ok
My pictures appear black. However when I print the publication or convert it to Adobe PDF, they appear normal. On the toolbar, do you have View, Picture display? If so, check to see if the setting is for detailed view. -- Don Vancouver USA "genemis" <genemis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FD0B58-F86E-4434-8FB3-B5BDFD4B9915@microsoft.com... > My pictures appear black. However when I print the publication or convert > it > to Adobe PDF, they appear normal. Thanks for the suggestion, but it is checked for detailed view. "Don Schmi...

Reading Pane Settings

Excel File
When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only. Please asuggest a immediate solution Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "ritu" wrote: > When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i > received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. > > The same file when opened on another PC received an error ...

Transferring Excel Data to Word...??? Help, ASAP!!!
I have to make "class passes" every week. They Include the student's name, Group color, homeroom teacher's name and room number, number of the room they will be going to, and the date and time. It is very hard to type in all of this data EVERY week... I have an excel spreadsheet that has all of this data in it. How do I "get my computer" to just "fill in" the blanks? for example, i have my data, and i press some key, and the names, teachers names, dates, times, room #s, etc. are filled in automatically. I've tried to make a template, i ju...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

Excel and Access merge
Is it possible to take data from Access and link it to Excel? I have two groups that I am working with and one uses Excel and one uses Access and we would like all the data to end up in Excel without having to rekey. Thanks for the help. Todd Try using MsQuery to import the data from Access. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046001c3c961$6d9f6840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to t...

How do I set OOR