Series of numbers

I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
worksheets.  These list span from 1 through 28.  I need to change them all to
span 1 through 30.  They are in many different locations within the workbook.
It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
 It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
Is there a way to accomplish this.

Thanks
Paul
0
PA (98)

Please provide a little more info........are the 1-28 numbers down a column,
or across a row..........is there more than one group on each Sheet?.....is
there any consistancy between sheets?  Is there any cell that is always
within an exact location from each range of numbers?, etc etc etc.......

tks
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"PA" wrote:

> I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
> worksheets.  These list span from 1 through 28.  I need to change them all to
> span 1 through 30.  They are in many different locations within the workbook.
> It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
>  It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
> Is there a way to accomplish this.
>
> Thanks
> Paul
0
CLR (807)
2/24/2006 7:50:27 PM
Thanks for your response and interest.
I have checked back witht he user:

The numbers are in coulumns, not necessarily in order although most will be
the number 28.  There is definately more than one group on each sheet.  The
starting location for each group will always be the same, but there are many
of them
Paul

"CLR" wrote:

> Please provide a little more info........are the 1-28 numbers down a column,
> or across a row..........is there more than one group on each Sheet?.....is
> there any consistancy between sheets?  Is there any cell that is always
> within an exact location from each range of numbers?, etc etc etc.......
>
> tks
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "PA" wrote:
>
> > I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
> > worksheets.  These list span from 1 through 28.  I need to change them all to
> > span 1 through 30.  They are in many different locations within the workbook.
> > It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
> >  It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
> > Is there a way to accomplish this.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Paul
0
PA (98)
2/25/2006 3:39:26 PM
Hi PA.....

This one should be solvable, but will take VBA skill beyond mine.  I suggest
you get some more facts together, such as the list of ranges of all the
groups on the sheet with the most groups, and repost your problem to the
microsoft.public.excel.Programming  group.  Someone there should be able to
give you code to do some global searching and adding to the groups....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck CABGx3

"PA" wrote:

> Thanks for your response and interest.
> I have checked back witht he user:
>
> The numbers are in coulumns, not necessarily in order although most will be
> the number 28.  There is definately more than one group on each sheet.  The
> starting location for each group will always be the same, but there are many
> of them
> Paul
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > Please provide a little more info........are the 1-28 numbers down a column,
> > or across a row..........is there more than one group on each Sheet?.....is
> > there any consistancy between sheets?  Is there any cell that is always
> > within an exact location from each range of numbers?, etc etc etc.......
> >
> > tks
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "PA" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
> > > worksheets.  These list span from 1 through 28.  I need to change them all to
> > > span 1 through 30.  They are in many different locations within the workbook.
> > > It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
> > >  It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
> > > Is there a way to accomplish this.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Paul
0
CLR (807)
2/26/2006 4:09:11 AM
Thanks, I will do that

"CLR" wrote:

> Hi PA.....
>
> This one should be solvable, but will take VBA skill beyond mine.  I suggest
> you get some more facts together, such as the list of ranges of all the
> groups on the sheet with the most groups, and repost your problem to the
> microsoft.public.excel.Programming  group.  Someone there should be able to
> give you code to do some global searching and adding to the groups....
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck CABGx3
>

> "PA" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your response and interest.
> > I have checked back witht he user:
> >
> > The numbers are in coulumns, not necessarily in order although most will be
> > the number 28.  There is definately more than one group on each sheet.  The
> > starting location for each group will always be the same, but there are many
> > of them
> > Paul
> >
> > "CLR" wrote:
> >
> > > Please provide a little more info........are the 1-28 numbers down a column,
> > > or across a row..........is there more than one group on each Sheet?.....is
> > > there any consistancy between sheets?  Is there any cell that is always
> > > within an exact location from each range of numbers?, etc etc etc.......
> > >
> > > tks
> > > Vaya con Dios,
> > > Chuck, CABGx3

0
PA (98)

Limit to number of songs on a CD being burned?
Using Windows Media Player (and Windows-7), I just burned 28 songs onto a CD-R that says it supports 80min. of music. The burn-list info said that 79:06 minutes were used, yet at least 4 of the songs were somewhat messed up, although they play fine when I burn them on a CD with fewer songs. Should I limit the number of songs to about 23 to prevent such problems? (I have an HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC) ...

Moving data series horizontally (offset) to prevent overlapping
Hi, I could use some help with my Line with Markers -chart. My four different series overlap each other a little, which isn't that much of a problem until I add error bars, which are almost impossible to format so that you can know for sure which error bars belong to which data series. Is it possible to move a data series (including its error bars) right or left just a few pixels so the error bars are distinguishable from each other? I've seen this done in some published charts, but can't find a way to do it. Using google I found an example of what I need: http://www.emera...

chart with two data series and two colors for each data series
Hi! I am using visual studio.net 2.0 and trying to use OWC11 to draw a chart from the database. If its only one data series it is fine but i cant see the second data series. all i was trying to do was display actual and budgeted against year. below are the code for clarification gvPortfolioHisex.DataSource = dtPropertyCapex gvPortfolioHisex.DataBind() 'Now Build a graph from the dataset Dim oChartSpace As New Owc11.ChartSpaceClass() Dim objChart As Owc11.ChChart = oChartSpace.Charts.Add(0) objChart.HasTitle = True objChart.Title.Caption = "Historical Expenditure Graph&quo...

Not allowing me to restart numbering for listed items
I have a recurring problem where Word will not allow me to restart numbering for listed items. When I select the items to be listed and select Format>Bullets and Numbering, the Restart Numbering option is grayed out. I have been able to work around it somewhat by going to the previous numbered list, and adding a line to that list and starting the renumbering there which it will allow me to do, then moving all of the text in between the first list and the second list up so it falls between the last number in the first list and the numbered item I just added. In order to keep...

Tieing Lot Numbers to Manufacture Date
Hello, I work for a feed company that has just gotten through our first six months of using GP 9.0. We purchase GP through a company that has added some features on top of GP for feed orders. However, as far as I can tell, lot numbers and inventory are still a GP function, so I am going to post a question here because the company we purchased GP from was not must help to me. Now that we have been producing for a long enough, I would like to be able to generate a list of products that there manufacturing date is over 6 months old and have there lot number connected to the product. I ha...

Serialization and version number
Hi, I utilize the IMPLEMENT_SERIAL(CFondationDoc, CDocument, VERSIONABLE_SCHEMA | 1) macro in my document class. I want to distinct between two versions of my files. I have put "int nVersion = ar.GetObjectSchema();" in the loading portion of the Serialize method. But GetObjectSchema() returns always -1. Do I have to store the schema number in the file ? I have tried with "ar.SetObjectSchema(1);", but it is not stored in the file. Thanks, Claude ha! I had the very same problem and finally gave up. I posted a question here but I got no answers so I assume no one us...

Series colors
I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. Can someone help? Thanks. I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... Hi Dan, Try something like this, Worksheets("Sheet1").chartobjects(1) _ .chart.SeriesCollection(1).Border.ColorIndex = 4 Dan Sully wrote: > I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. > Can someone help? Thanks. > > I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... > > -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info...

exclude cover page from page numbering
How can I exclude the cover page from being counted in the numbered page scheme? I want the inside page to be where page numbering starts? What version Publisher? If you are using Publisher 2000 or below, open help, index tab, input page_numbering in the search. There are only workarounds. Newer versions of Publisher you will have a dialogue that will ask you what page number. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01C6E0E9-1BBB-4ECB-9FD2-68D28AD...

Financial series vs Sales Series
This may or may not be an unusual question, but when I have to do something in GP 9.0 like a utility and it tells me that everyone 'has to be out of the system to do so', does this include anyone who is doing something 'strictly with the financials?' I had told my employer one day that he would have to get out of the system so I could take care of what he requested that I take care of and he said he wasn't doing anything with sales or inventory, just working on the 'financial side' and he shouldn't have to get out. Because of my instance that it would o...

Autofill a series from the name box?
If I want to autofill a series of values from 1 to 10, using the autofill handle is the easiest way to do it. But if I want to autofill 1 to 1000, that's a bit more tedious with the autofill handle. Is it possible to do it from the name box? I've been told it can be done but I can't figure it out. Help doesn't tell you and I've checked several books and references, but they all talk about using the fill handle only. You can use the name box to select the range you're interested in and fill a series. Suppose you want to fill A1:A10 with the sequential number...

chart
Is there a way to graph mixed times series information (i.e. monthly data for 6 months that continues in biweekly increments) without coding involved? ...

Excel changing number formatting and source data in graphs on it's own!!!
Office costing me a lot of time. 2 problems: 1. excel, graphs loosing there formatting eg. going from "date" formatting to "4E+04" formatting. 2. this is a major problem... graphs are changing there own source data locations eg. from "data range" to "series" and if you click back to the data range tab it pops up with an error saying... ***Referance not valid. Referance must be to an open worksheet*** Doesn't make sense as it actually should be refering to information that's in the page thats open and I am working on. (Just in case this helps...

How do I force a series in a Bar-Line Chart to be a Bar?
I have 4 series in a Bar+Line chart that has multiple Y-Axis and I want 3 of the series to reference the Primary Y-Axis using a Bar format and 1 of the series referencing the Secondary Y-Axis using a Line format. Excel seems to be forcing me to reference 2 series to one Y-Axis and the other 2 to the other Y-Axis. How can I force it to do what I want... I have been trying many settings and have not found the magical combination as of yet. Select the series. Select Chart Type from Chart menu. Select the type of series you want. In the future, you may find it easier to use a common chart...

Shorten RMA number
The RMA number defaults to 12 characters following the "RMA" code, resulting in a ridiculously long number. It would be nice if you could shorten the RMA number the same way you can in the core GP product. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

week numbers
Hi, In MS CRM you have week numbers which aren't equal to the ones we use in the Netherlands. CRM says that 1 januari is week 1, but that isn't correct for us. For us is the first week of the year where we have 4 days in januari. How could I change this? Microsoft Outlook does it correct. thanks in advance, Hi, We had the same problem and found the following solution! Make a backup of the [CRM-Directory]\_controls\datetime\date.js in and then open it and replace the getWeekNumber function with the following code: function getWeekNumber( oDate ) { var oSiebterJanuar = new...

Truncating and rounding off numbers in VBA
Two simple questions that hopefully have simple solutions to them. 1) I want to truncate a number (34.6) so the end result only shows 34. I cannot find the function in VBA and its help service is of no help? IS there one and if so what is it? 2) Also, is there a function for rounding off as well. I tried to set the decmals property for an unbound textbox control to 1 but it has no effect on the result numbers that come out (eg. 24.3245 instead of 24.3). Why is that and how can I solve this? I was thinking I could use a roundoff function in VBA but can't find what it is or if it e...

We need consistency of layout from from series to series
Somehow the layout of pages from series to series is not consistent. For example in the Sales series the Transaction palette is in the upper left corner, Cards are on the upper right, Reports are in the bottom left. In the Inventory area I have the Cards in the upper left, Transactions are in the upper right and Inquiry is in the bottom left. How can I make it consistent from series to series? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Consecutive numbering
Hope someone can help. How can I get one cell (B35) on each of 100 worksheets to number consecutively? TIA Esra >(*-*)< You should use VBA code for this. As far as my knowledge goes Worksheets functions won't work. On Apr 1, 5:28=A0am, Esradekan <esrade...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hope someone can help. > > How can I get one cell (B35) on each of 100 worksheets to number > consecutively? > > TIA > Esra > > > > >(*-*)<- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text - U should use VBA code. On Apr 1, 2:36=A0pm, ...

Series with noncontiguous unequal length data?
I have 12 months of data and an average of the 12 months that are in a series on a chart. I reference the data using an offset formula. I would like to move the average at the bottom of the column of data to another column, but I don't know a way to still include that one cell in the series with the 12 months of data in the original column. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any advice! Copy the cell that was moved. Select the chart. From the top menu goto Edit --> Paste Special... Make sure New Points is selected in the pop up dialog box, and click OK. That one point should be...

format of numbers in a downloaed file
I have a peculiar (atleast to me) problem,. I get some bills account from my consultant. This is not in a webpage nor as an email message nor as an attachment to an email message. I get these bills in the special software which he has introduced in my computer. But when I < selectall> the entries in the file and copy to an excel spreadsheet it serves the prupose mostly. But some numbers are in a strange format neither as numbers, nor as text but in some format such that I am not able to do calclations on these "numbers". I know how to convert a number in text format into num...

Mac 98 Word page numbers
The page number command has disappeared from insert command. How to reinstall it? ...

Series Source Data
Tjena! I have plotted one series: =SERIES(;xyzFINAL!$A$*3* :$A$15;xyzFINAL!$B$*3*:$B$15;1) I would like to replace the red bold 3 with INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2;7);1) so that I can put the number 3 in cell G2 instead. How/Is this possible ? Tack --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Best practices on number of attributes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C89241.CA120FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there limits and/or best practices on the number of attributes per = entity? I added 125 to the Opportunity entity and another 60 to the = Contact entity using Data Migration Manager to create the fields. After = processing for a couple of minutes, it blew up. I was using the CRM 4.0 = VPC image with 1.5GB of RAM allocated. Was that too little memory or = too many fields or just sunspots at the w...

Sequential Cell Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet with one column indicating sequential line numbers; 1, 2, 3, etc.. My goal is to have a formula where, for example, the 6th line down displays 6 by adding 1 to the line 5 above it. The reason is if there are 50 lines I don't have to number each one manually but the problem I'm encountering is if one line is deleted then all subsequent lines show &quot;#REF!&quot; error message. The formula I created is &quot;=IF(A5>0, A5+1, A4+1)&quot;, ...

How do I find the total number of the same number/letter in a row
I am not trying to find the sum of numbers but want to evaluate how many number 1s, 2s etc that I have without having to count manually. Also would like to do the same with letters. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. =COUNTIF(2:2,1) =COUNTIF(2:2,"A") -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Anne-Marie" <Anne-Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12225659-9167-438F-A8F4-A6B227F4A677@microsoft.com... > I am not trying to find the sum of numbers but want to evaluate how many > number 1s, 2s etc th...