Search and Replace Question

Hi.  How do I search for and replace parentheses, that is, "(" and ")"?

Also, is there a web site that lists all of these, such using ~* to search
for real asterisks?
0
Rebecca (144)

There's nothing special about the parentheses.  They should work just fine the
way you would do any other character.

(Do you have "Match entire cell contents" checked???  Or maybe you have some
formatting options set (xl2002+).)

~* for *
~? for ?
~~ for ~

If you search for "wildcard" in excel's help, you'll see these three.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Money Questions
Hi everyone. I've been using Microsoft Money for awhile, and I realized that there ar= e = alot of things about money that I do not understand. Eg. 1. What's the difference between reconciliation and cleared? What's the = = use of the flags anyway? 2. How do I clear multiple transactions in one go? 3. If there are differences in my Microsoft Money savings bank account, = = how do I handle it? Do I create a new transaction with a new 'missing = money' category? 4. Is there a way to choose what column gets displayed in the Account = Register view? I'd like the ...

transpose question
I have a list that has, company (cell A1) street (cell B1) city (cell C1) Province (cell D1) etc. I want it to list them straight down row A. for example: company (cell A1) street (cell A2) city (cell A3) Province (cell A4) etc Copy (or cut) the range (A1:D1) Put you cursor in A1 Paste Special and check off transpose Dan E "jvoortman" <jvoortman@canada.com> wrote in message news:030401c38131$c68bfef0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a list that has, company (cell A1) street (cell B1) > city (cell C1) Province (cell D1) etc. I want it to list > them straight down row...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

excel VBA

Question on Article 822940
We have created a couple of test domains in our envoriment. When we add Exchange users to the test domain they appear in the Default Global Address List. I would like to prevent users in the "test" domain from appearing in the default global address list. I noticed in article 822940 it goes thru the steps of limiting access to the default global address list. I would like to keep this intact and make it so the other sub domains are not listed in the default GAL. What is the easiet way to do this? Thanks! ...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Final attempt save as binary question
This is about my fifth attempt since March, so far without eliciting a single reply (last attempt seems to have disappeared into the ether): Re Excel 2007 "Save as binary". Its supposed to save space and be quicker. So why isn't it the default method? Is there a downside? For example, will macros no longer work? Are there reduced functions in a file saved as binary? I need to know before I save a large and majorly important (to me) file with heaps of worksheets and macros and find down the track that I've lost something significant! There HAS to be some reas...

Quick Question
Im a pretty newbie to Excel Why is it when i try and paste say 1/29 it changes to Jan-29 etc Is there away of preventing this from happening? thanks.. Problem now sorted -- "G3�wh)zZ@" <geewhizza@( REMOVE X2X )clara.co.uk> wrote in message news:1082898274.11577.0@damia.uk.clara.net... > Im a pretty newbie to Excel > > Why is it when i try and paste say 1/29 it changes to Jan-29 etc > > Is there away of preventing this from happening? > > > thanks.. > > Right click the cell/Format Cells/Date "G3�wh)zZ@" <geewhizza@( REMOVE ...

Mail Delivery Question
Hi, I have an Exchange behind a linksys router on an ADSL connection. My server is configured to use DNS to deliver outgoing and my DNS has forwarding enabled to external DNS server. I can send email to an email account of the ISP that I'm on, while I can't send email to other domains. Is there something else that I need to do? TIA TagaR What NDRs do you get, if any? TagaR wrote: > Hi, > > I have an Exchange behind a linksys router on an ADSL connection. My > server is configured to use DNS to deliver outgoing and my DNS has > forwarding enabled to external DNS s...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

how to find and replace a symbol in my worksheet
I need help with finding and then replacing a symbol in my worksheet. In the find and replace box there is no way to insert a symbol there. I have tried to cut and paste as well as to insert the symbol in the find box. If anyone has an idea on how to replace a bullet with a comma please let me know. Thanks TC TC In the Replace What: box you would hold down the ALT key then hit the ascii code number on the NumPad. Bullets are usually ALT + 0149 So.........select the cells. Edit>Replace what: ALT + 0149 you will not see anything in the what: box, but it is there. with: , Replace...

Ex 5.5 DL Question
Is it possible to limit it which users can sent mail to a Distribution list within my Exchange Org? an example of this is I dont want just anyone to be allowed to send mail to my "everyone" group.....I only want to allow Management & IS to have this ability. Thanks in advance for any help. Brian That's a feature of later versions of Exchange. "Brian Ullrich" <brianu@nospamtechinfo.cc-nospam> wrote in message news:Ockg8v9MEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to limit it which users can sent mail to a Distribution list > within my Exc...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Range Question
I would like to be able to grab the row information from the first Do-While loop (column D) and use it to create a range for the ActiveCell.Copy and PasteSpecial (column J), instead of using a loop to find once again an empty value. This works, but I couldn't figure out the code for the range to make it run faster. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike Range("D2").Select Do While ActiveCell.Value <> Empty ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select Loop For I = 1 To 15 ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Delete Next I Range("J2").Select...

Increment Question
Can anyone explain how to setup an automatic simple increment counter. I just want the first column in each row to increment by 1 so it would be like 1 2 3 4 and so on.... Your help will be greatly appreciated. Chris Chris, Some ways - enter 1 in A1. Then hold down the Ctrl key and fill down A1 - enter 1 in A1 and 2 in A2. Then select A1:A2 and fill down - enter 1 in A1. Select A1:A100. Do Edit>Fill>Series Step=3D1 To fill down, point at the little black square in the bottom right = corner of the cell and drag down. HTH Anders Silven "Chris" <nospam@nospam.com&g...

forgot to post version for previous question posted on update quer
In my previous question I forgot to state I'm using Office 2003 ...

A question
I know the topic here is about Internet Explorer but I need some help on another computer related topic: the iPhone. Is there a newsgroup that is dedicated to that subject? My problem is that when I try to sync my iPhone to iTunes, my computer locks up about half way through the sync process. I have gone to my local AT & T store where I bought the iPhone and did not get any help. So......I'm checking here to see if anyone can either offer advice or direct me to another newsgroup. Any and all help would be most appreciated. First hit on Google: http://discussions.a...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...