Search a string in all worksheets ?

I am searching for a string say ABC in all worksheets in
Excel 97.  However, it seems that it only allows me to
search it in the current worksheet.

Is there any suggestion ?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Peter............

In XL2k, I just highlighted all three sheets using Right-click on one tab
and choosing Select all sheets..........then did Edit > Find > and typed my
search string in the window and hit "Find next" repeatedly and it cycled
through all three sheets finding the string...........is that what you're
wanting to do?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am searching for a string say ABC in all worksheets in
> Excel 97.  However, it seems that it only allows me to
> search it in the current worksheet.
>
> Is there any suggestion ?

0
croberts (1377)
6/18/2004 11:09:02 AM
OOOOOps...........sorry, didn't read the part about you're using
Excel97........maybe it don't work the same there.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am searching for a string say ABC in all worksheets in
> Excel 97.  However, it seems that it only allows me to
> search it in the current worksheet.
>
> Is there any suggestion ?

0
croberts (1377)

transfer data from one worksheet to another
Can anyone please help I have a worksheet that contains 12 columns and a variable number of rows. the 4 main columns Col A = Identity Number Col B = Surname Col C = First name Col D = Department etc There is a separate worksheet for each department.There are 6 departments and I need to transfer the identity number,names and details held in the remaining columns to a separate worksheet depending upon what department the person belongs to. The data on the master list is not sorted in any particular order. Is there a way to copy this data to each sheet without having to sort and then copy/paste t...

DataBind Repeater to string[] in ViewData without code behind. MVC 2
Greetings, I'm coming from a WinForms background and diving into ASP.Net. I'm using: C#, VS2010, .Net 4.0, ASP.Net, MVC 2. What I want to do is get a string[] of roles in the controller with: string[] currentUsersRoles = Roles.GetRolesForUser(User.Identity.Name); Then I want to attach this to the ViewData object (also in the controller): ViewData["CurrentUsersRoles"] = currentUsersRoles; Now, in the View I want to bind a Repeater to the array I fed to ViewData. Something like: <asp:Repeater ID="CurrentUsersRoles" runat="se...

Copying different sized cell width & height onto another worksheet
My problem is i have made a worksheet for work to enter data for testin we perform, but on this worksheet i need to copy a graph from anothe worksheet. Problem is the graph worksheet cell widths are vey smal like 1.29 (38 cells) and height is 3.75 (93 cells), now if i copy the onto the other worksheet it will resize the cells to that worksheet and the graph will be huge like over 5 pages, and if i manually resiz the cells back to 1.29 you will be able to see the graph but wont b able to read the data, as the cell width is way to small. Is there way to copy a selection from a worksheet to ano...

Linking cells in a worksheet to other worksheets in a workbook
I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet opens up. I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets). I'd like to be able to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet pop open with the contents of the index. Thanks for your responses! (In Excel 2003) Select a cell to which you would like to add a link. Select Insert->Hyperlink. Click the "Place in this doc...

changes to excel worksheet that is paged
Is there a way that I can make changes to an excel worksheet that is paged into 12 months by changing one month and having changes follow through to the others? -- carole ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34643 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544087 If you mean an Excel workbook with 12 worksheets: Click 1st month's tab. Keep Shift depressed Click last month's tab Now, your worksheets are grouped. Everything you type in ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

Format a concatenation string?
Is there a function to format a concatenation string eg 79.5% & " were recorded" comes out as .795 were recorded when using =cell ("contents", a1) & " were recorded" Would like it to be 79.5% were recorded. Can anyone help? Thanks Hilton Try this: =TEXT(A1,"00.0%")&" were recorded" Hope this helps. Pete On Jun 19, 9:37 am, "Hilton" <get_chatt...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a function to format a concatenation string eg > > 79.5% & " were recorded" comes out as .795 were recorded w...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Active X Controls Shrinking on Excel worksheet
I have a workbook and sometimes the ActiveX controls such as listbox, options, checkboxes on the worksheet shrinks or expands while clicking on the controls. Does somebody has experirenced same kind of problem or somebody knows the fix. The only to fix this problem is to restart the machine again. Thanks in advance. ...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

how to find and replace a symbol in my worksheet
I need help with finding and then replacing a symbol in my worksheet. In the find and replace box there is no way to insert a symbol there. I have tried to cut and paste as well as to insert the symbol in the find box. If anyone has an idea on how to replace a bullet with a comma please let me know. Thanks TC TC In the Replace What: box you would hold down the ALT key then hit the ascii code number on the NumPad. Bullets are usually ALT + 0149 So.........select the cells. Edit>Replace what: ALT + 0149 you will not see anything in the what: box, but it is there. with: , Replace...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

Excel Worksheet to Access DB
How do I send an Excel worksheet to an Access DB? Is it possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what do you mena with 'send to Access'?. One idea: In MS access you can link Excel worksheets as table (goto 'File - External data ' Link tables') and select your workbook and worksheet HTH Frank > How do I send an Excel worksheet to an Access DB? Is it possible? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It includes examples of using variables in SQL ...

How can I search for a phrase within thousands of documents 2003 search I searched for "Trust" in document name and "special needs" within document -- Irritated 2007 Word User You could do that by modifying the code in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm probably in combination with the code in the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm ...

search
Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search for a message on the screen and get nothing. mvestel@lbl.gov Sorry, that's not enough info. It should work if the parameters are configured correctly. Can you be more specific about how it fails? "Michael Vestel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45bb01c39f70$922026c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never > get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search > for a message on ...