Scrolling rows

Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top
of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name,
address, city, state, zip. I want to be able to keep these cells at the top
when I scroll down looking at the data. Does this make sense?

Thanks,
C-
0
C- (1)

If your Headings are in Row 1, click into Cell A2.
Then go to Window | Freeze Panes.

tj

"C-" wrote:

> Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top
> of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name,
> address, city, state, zip. I want to be able to keep these cells at the top
> when I scroll down looking at the data. Does this make sense?
>
> Thanks,
> C-
0
tjtjjtjt (488)

rows in a table?
I keep a total of 1000 rows in a table full of vlookups linked to another sheet of data. The reason I keep 1000 rows is because the approx 800 rows of data fluctuates and the rest of the rows in the table are filled with N/A's. These N/A's become quite a problem and interrupt filtering data etc. There are only two answers to the problem that I can think of, but don't know how to do it. 1. I could figure out a way for the table to automatically change the number of rows to fit the 800 +/- 50 rows of data from the other sheet it looks up. 2. I have tried this and...

Scrolling with CScrollView
Hi everyone, Let me start by saying that I'm rather new to scrolling. I have come accross the following problem. I created a new SDI MFC application that uses CScrollView with Visual Studio .NET 2003. Then I have increased the size in CScrollView::OnInitialUpdate() to 1000 by 1000. Finally I have added the following code in CScrollView::OnDraw(), // TODO: add draw code for native data here CRect rect; GetClientRect (&rect); CString str_scroll; str_scroll.Format(_T(" x = %i y = %i "), GetScrollPosition().x, GetScrollPosition().y); pDC->DrawText(str_scroll, -1, &...

How can I transpose rows to columns in a large worksheet?
I have a worksheet with 1268 rows and 31 columns. Ideally I need all the rows to be converted to one column, although I believe this is impossible without some additional manual steps. Every time I attempt to copy/transpose my rows to columns, I receive the message that the paste area does not match the size of the copy area. I have tried transposing a few rows at a time. I have tried transposing ONE row at a time. Each time I try, I either receive an error message, or get the #VALUE! error message in the cell. I've tried TRANSPOSE and MINVERSE. I would prefer NOT to do this m...

How to delete specific row from sheet?
Hi, How this differs from all other posts like this is that I want a function that deletes certain row, like "1" or "100", by given row number. Not with specific criteria. Something like this. =IF(something;deleteRow(3);0) So what I want, is that deleteRow(3) =) Thanks for help, -Sirritys No worksheet function can delete a row. You will have to use a VBA Sub fort that. HTH -- AP "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1152513207.898695.38230@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How this differs from ...

Splitting records to two rows
I have a report that has many columns; most of them not very wide, however the report is too wide to fit even legal size sheets in landscape mode, without reducing the font to a "difficult to read" size. I realize I can split the report vertically into two pages, however, I would prefer not to. Does anyone know of a way to split each record into two rows without using an inefficient cut and paste process? Hi, Try this macro on a test sheet. Sub Make2_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Dim ColtoSplit As Integer ColtoSplit = 4 ' ColtoSplit is the column number...

Can I remove Row Numbers? Or have the Row Numbers start on the Ro
The First 2 Lines(rows) of my Excel Chart are for Titles. So I don't want them numbered. Can I have the Number 1 start on the 3rd Row of my Excel Chart? If your first two rows are headings then it is feasible that the third row is the beginning of your data. If you wish to keep the first two heading rows then the third row will still be where the data starts. You cannot pretend the third row is not the third row. You could start your data on row 1, and have your headings in the File, Page Setup, Header/Footer area under Headers, but this will not show on screen except in Print Previ...

List rows if item in one column is unique
I have a list like this (two columns) A B 1 John 2 Brian 3 Benny 4 John 5 Bill 6 Jonathan 7 Brian 8 Edward .... Somewhere else in the sheet, I like a listing of rows, but only each name from column B once like D E 1 John 2 Brian 3 Benny 5 Bill 6 Jonathan 8 Edward Can this be done, using only spreadsheet functions or do I have to use a VBA solution? I have tried using the "Unique only" in ther Advanced Filter, but if I have both columns in the Filter Range, the rows are not unique, and if I leave out column A, it only copies the unuique rows from ...

Find Text and Insert Row Above
I lost my train of thought and now I’m stuck. I’m trying to figure out a way to insert rows dynamically. The logic is to look for this text: ‘Enter non-listed privately held securities or groups of assets by asset class.’ Then I need to go up to find the first cell ABOVE that contains this text 'CUSIP', then offset (1,0) . . . ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert AND copy the format from the row above. I have CUSIP in ColA with DataValidation on this cell. I want to copy that format down 1 row and I have a few other cells to the right, with other formatting, all on the same r...

Scrolling sync subforms
Hi all I have a continuous subform which shows all claim details, that have Part(s) against them. The claims are a one to many with the Parts. I wanted to show a count on the form of parts against each claim. If I add a count to the recordsource query then I lose the ability to edit the data in the subform. I need to do this to add a Selector code if the user wants to mark the claim as a selection. Instead I have created another continuous subform, this has just the claim ref and the count of parts. Each form has the same sort order and a vertical scroll bar - is it possibl...

Column, Row Font Size
For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and far left on any worksheet - have become so small on a particular worksheet as to be illegible. What have I done, and how do I undo it? If it only happens on one worksheet, maybe you've set the zoom too small. From the menu bar: View|Zoom... (and resize to look nice) There's a Zoom icon on the Standard toolbar that you could use, too. (My icon is at the far right of that toolbar.) Old Red One wrote: > > For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and > far left ...

Inserting rows and copying data from above and below
Hi, I have a problem with graphing data logged from a vehicle network bus. On this network identifiers are only flagged when the sensor value has changed. When you plot this in Excel you get an oblique line where it is in reality a horizontal line until the next value. The solution is to insert a new line, copy the next timeflag and the previous value. This will off course double the information but that is not a problem. I currently have sensor files of around 1000+ lines. An example. Lets say I have the following table: Time Value 0 0 2 1 5 3 8 6 I need the followin...

scroll bar gone
hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the category the scroll bar is gone and it only shows me the categories that fit in that window. if i go into split and select the categories from within there the scroll bar is there. Does anyone see this problem or have a fix for it. Thanks, minnoce944 In that nobody else has M05, it would be hard to comment. "Mike I" <minnoce944@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u9aY7B1fEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the > category the scroll b...

Scroll-me-down
Hi there, I am using RichEditCtrl and all the associated select, format, replace for adding text to the end of my rich edit box. However, I have yet to figure out a definative way of making it scroll down as far as needed (bottom of page if page length is greater than height), it sometimes works, if the cursor position is right at the very end of the text when the text is added programatically, but I need a way for when it is not. Could anyone give me any tips? - MR Mark Randall wrote: > Hi there, > > I am using RichEditCtrl and all the associated select, format, repla...

Formatting part of text in a Cell & shortcut copying Row hieghts
1.Is there a macro or otherwise to format i.e Bold,underline etc a part of text in a cell? 2. Is there a shortcut way of applying hieght of a specific row to other selected rows. -- Many Thanks Gunjani After a hard fought 1-1 draw, "The best side drew." - Bill Shankly (Legendary Liverpool Manager) Hi one way for your first question: simly select the specific text part in the formula bar and apply your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gunjani wrote: > 1.Is there a macro or otherwise to format i.e Bold,underline etc a > part of t...

Rectangle border for the selected row in DataGridView
Hi, I'm using a DataGridView to bind my DataTable. The selection mode is FullRowSelect. I wanted to show a rectangle border for the SelectedRow[0]'th items. I saw in some cases the cell alone is shown with the border, but still don't know for which setting... :-( I wanted to do the same for the entire row... Thanks in Advance Regards ArunDhaJ Hi, First, may I suggest, you just do with out it? How critical is it after all? Second, I am not sure it make sense for the entire Row to have a FocusRect, since it indicates KeyBoard focus/input, and the whole row does...

Graph with too many points
Hi all, I have a graph with a lot of points, so I wanted to create some kind of horizontal scroll bar so I would be able to use a better scale and move around my time line ? Has anyone of you done something like that ? thx -- giselle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ giselle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24222 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378389 Hi, Jon Peltier has written an article on the subject. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

Delete rows with names
Sub Deletenames() Dim Going As Long Dim Far As Long Dim Pass As Range Going = ActiveSheet.Cells(10000, 2).End(xlUp).Row For Far = Going To 1 Step -1 Set Pass = ActiveSheet.Range("N" & Far) If Pass.Value = "Every name but name entered in textbox" Then Pass.Offset(-1).Resize(2).EntireRow.Delete End If Next Far End Sub I am looking for assistance with this code. I’d like to add additional steps to the start of it. Ideally I would like to run this macro and have a textbox appear with a message that reads “What’s your name?” Below this question is a...

Vertical Scroll Bar #2
Hi I was hoping someone could help me with this... sometimes when i have a lot of data running down my spreadsheet the vertical scroll bar block becomes very small to accomodate the amount of data i have. but then when i get rid of a lot of the data the length of the vertical scroll bar block stays very small despite me only having say 50 rows of data. what i would like to know is whether there is a way to make the vertical scroll bar block come back to bigger, so it's easier to grab than when it is very tiny??? Thanks Nick Nick Select the first blank row below your data, say...

SharePoint Scroll Bar
I'm quite new to SharePoint and I was wondering how to disable the Scroll Bar in a content query web part. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice JQuery and partial views in an ASP.NET MVC application http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a8081c04-776d-4322-b403-84508b0ae3b5/jquery-and-partial-views.aspx Try to overwrite it with CSS overflow:hidden Regards, Shady Khorshed - SharePoint MVP <Daniel Arnold> wrote in message news:201015121218daniel.arnold@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk... > I'm quite new to SharePoint and I was wond...

Excel sheet: scroll down, but leave first lines visible
Hi all Have to solve a problem fast: Excel sheet has in the first 4 lines text that i want to have visible at all times ( fix on top ) even when i scroll down on the sheet...... How can i do it. Thanks for your help either here in the NG or to: wette-2(at)ballonfahrer(dot)ch Hans Select the Row under the last one that you want to remain visible and the select Window > Freeze Panes If you want the first 4 line to also print on every page then select File > Page Setup > Sheet > Rows to Repeat at top enter 1:4 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and ...

Scroll the screen view with the scroll bar
On some of my Excel sheets, the screen doesn't scroll along when I move the scroll bar. It just jumps to the new location when I stop moving the scroll bar. What is the correct setting to change so that the screen scrolls at the same time? Do you use different versions of excel? In earlier versions, when you moved the scrollbar, you saw a little yellow tooltip show you what row you were on. In newer versions, the screen moved. (I've forgotten the version that first added the live scrolling. Maybe someone can chime in with it.) avbs wrote: > > On some of my Excel sheet...

Can you reset size of bar in scroll bar?
When working in a large Excel worksheet, the size of the scroll bar diminishes to allow you to scroll through the entire sheet. After intentionally deleting a large portion of the worksheet, the bar size on the scroll bar remains the same. Is there a way to reset the size of the bar on the scrollbar? You have to delete the rows (not just clear the contents), and then, the easiest thing is to save the workbook. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "vsholl" <vsholl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4CF4E91-D282-4FB4-85EC-A19C5343F18A@microsoft.com... > Whe...

Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling
Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling - any pointers to examples please I need to update an MFC project to use Gdi+. Can anyone point me to an example. My IDEAL example would be an undated non-ole version of Scribble which would use MFC GDI+ Scrolling Zooming :) Double Buffering :) :) :) But and other help and or hints even good C# !!! examples would be better than nothing. I tried working from the final (non-ole) Scribble example (VC6) but I could not get the GDI+ DC to display :( Sigh hence my request. Many Than...

Rows don't print at full height.
Many times I have Excel rows that are tall enough to show all the text on the spreadsheet, but they aren't tall enough for printing. For example, I might have a row that is 13 lines tall, and all 13 lines show on the spreadsheet. But in print preview and in actual printing, not all of the lines are printed, say for example, only the top 8 out of the 13. So then I have to go back and manually increase the row height to much taller than that needed, just to get the entire row to print. What causes this problem, and how can I get Excel to print the entire height of the row? ...

Manually add rows. Problem with AllowUserToAddRows
Hello. I want that only manually I can add rows to DataGridView. (But only in code). What I do, is : AllowUserToAddRows = false with most of the times. When I click to add rows, I do : Dim dr as datarow Dim dc As DataGridViewCell AllowUserToAddRows dr = MyDataTable.newRow() dc = Rows(Rows.Count - 1).Cells(0) CurrentCell = dc CurrentRow.Selected = True .... And at last I do : AllowUserToAddRows = False (If I not, I see that there is new empty row. I don't want to see an empty row, without doing new). But I get an exception : AllowUserToAddRows = ...