Roster / Staff Allocation

Hey All

Just wondering if on ur travel's if you have come across, a template
that could be used when rostering and allocating staff within either a
retail (Checkout operators) or a aged care facility.

Any assistanced would be greatful.

Thanks

Aaron

--
KingAaron
KingAaron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37444

http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?assetid=TC060891341033&QueryID=Udv9hvGHv&respos=1&rt=6

http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?assetid=TC011031601033&QueryID=Wdv9-1iYD0&respos=4&rt=4

http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?assetid=TC011059691033&QueryID=Wdv9-1iYD0&respos=8&rt=4

http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?assetid=TC011201441033&QueryID=Wdv9-1iYD0&respos=14&rt=4

--
paul
paul.shepherd@nospamparadise.net.nz

"KingAaron" wrote:

> Hey All
>
> Just wondering if on ur travel's if you have come across, a template
> that could be used when rostering and allocating staff within either a
> retail (Checkout operators) or a aged care facility.
>
> Any assistanced would be greatful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Aaron
>

> --
> KingAaron
> KingAaron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37444
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571114

If you want to generate an ordered schedule,
try this sample from my archives:
http://savefile.com/files/7312953
Rotation schedule_30_names_15_weeks_paul_newusers

If you want a play with randomized schedules,
then perhaps this sample from my archives might give some ideas:
http://savefile.com/files/5083813
Random_Scheduler_Melissa_wksht.xls
--
Max
Singapore
"KingAaron" wrote:

> Hey All
>
> Just wondering if on ur travel's if you have come across, a template
> that could be used when rostering and allocating staff within either a
> retail (Checkout operators) or a aged care facility.
>
> Any assistanced would be greatful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Aaron
>

> --
> KingAaron
> KingAaron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37444
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571114

0
demechanik (4694)
8/13/2006 9:46:01 AM
Thanks for them links :):eek:

--
KingAaron
KingAaron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37444
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571114

You are welcome!
Thanks for the note-back ..
--
"KingAaron" wrote:
> Thanks for them links :):eek:
0
demechanik (4694)

Roster
I have asked this before but I am looking to have a spreadsheet that will calculate the hours worked minus their meal breaks. I would like to do 2 things: 1st one is : We work more than 5 hours we need to have a 30 minute meal break, If we work more than 8 hours we have to have an hour. Can i make a macro that will calculate this automatically. part 2: Is it possible to make excel not show the results unless the work times have been inserted into cells b3 and c3. Thanks in advance Greg Not sure why you need a macro. A worksheet function works fine: =IF(COUNT(B3,C3)<2,...

stock count variance allocations
When entering a stock count in stock count entry the variance is calculated incorrectly. If you have a captured quantity of 10, counted quantity of 0 and an allocated quantity of 4 the system will post a variance of (6) when you verify the count. The system should unallocate the quantities so the variance will bring the on hand quantity to match the counted quantity. If the system cannot do this an exception report should print notifying the user that the variance will not bring the on hand quantity to the counted quantity ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mi...

how to calculate the grading for staffs
how to calculate the grading for staffs "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05E411C9-D524-40EF-A8BE-669777C588F1@microsoft.com... > how to calculate the grading for staffs Err WHAT "grading"? Hit the "grading for staffs" button :) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05E411C9-D524-40EF-A8BE-669777C588F1@microsoft.com... > how to calculate the grading for staffs "ozgrid.com" <dave@ozgrid.com> wro...

Rostering possibilities?
Using Excel 97 on WINNT Hi, I need to roster 4 daily activities for 1 week at a time and have people rostered to each activity for the entire week. I have a further daily activity which requires 1 person being rostere each day for this activity. I also need to allow for leave days and RDO's for these guys. Overall have about 22 people to choose from for these rostered activities. I have Googled and checked out a number of offerings on the Interne but most of these seem to be way too complex for what I want. Does anyone know of a basic rostering solution presented in Excel Alternative...

MS Money 2002 (UK)
I would like to report on my investment portfolio by sector and geographical asset classes. If I hold investments in a UK smaller companies fund, a Global resource fund and US gilt bonds, I want to report on these assets based on their geographical locus (eg UK vs US vs global) or the sector into which they are invested. Is this possible in MS Money 2002? Asset class seems to be limited to a few pre-selected options and is only available for shares not managed funds and other investment types. The report by investment type is not good enough - needs further analysis for even small...

Need formula to pull for class roster
I have the following list - over 100 rows with 20+ columns of data -- I need a formula that will give me the data in a separate worksheet by teacher name-subject with Lname Fname of student. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated -- Here is an example of what I have to deal with -- LNAME FNAME Mon 1 Mon 2 Mon 3 1st Block 2nd Block 3rd Block Aguilar Alicia Crumpton-LA Kerns-Math Stone-Sci Black Delancius Kerns-Math Stone-Sci Crumpton-LA Brant Chasity Kerns-Math Stone-Sci Crumpton-LA Britton Jannie Stone-Sci Kerns-Math Crumpton-LA I would like fo...

create a roster

Cycle Counting and Inventory Allocations
When we run a stock count against an item and bin that has a counted quantity of 0 (zero) but has some allocations against it, the adjustment that is made when posting the stock count forces the quantity amount to the quantity that was allocated (even though we really don't have any on hand). The result that we are looking for is the Quantity = 0, Quantity Available (negative by the quantity that is allocated). How do we run a stock count against items that have legitimate allocations but have zero on hand where the posted quantity is set to zero? Thanks! Bryan First, I agree th...

12hr Rosters
We currently have five teams which give us 24/7 coverage. A 12hr E/s and a 12hr N/S and a 7hr SP shift every five weeks. I have created a roster which allows for them to be rostered off 1 week in 5 or any multiple upwards to 10 in 50. (Rostered off 10 consecutive weeks of the year.) Does anybody else have an archive of rosters which I could view(pinch?) lol Incidentally if anyone wishes a copy of our roster is there a *test* ng I could post it in? Ta. -- Kceh On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:42:11 GMT, "Kceh" <Kceh@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote: >We currently have five teams which...

Inventory Quantity Allocated Bin vs. Item Level
We are using GP 9.0 in a multi-bin environment, why would the quantity allocated be different under Inquiry -> Invnetory -> Item from the same item in Inquiry Inventory -> Bin Inquiries Thanks! Bryan Banner, The item inquiry will show the quantity allocated on all Bins, while the Bin inquiry will show allocated quantity on the selected Bin only, however, if your allocated quantities are on the same Bin and the quantities are still not the same, you might need to reconcile the item to fix item quantities. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79...

On hand, Available and Allocated Quanities do not match on Item IN
In our company we are using serial/lot items. On some items the on hand, available and allocated quantities do not match on item inquiry window and serial/lot inquiry window. We have ran reconciliation and check links on SOP, POP and Inventory modules but this problem still eixst regardless of the running the check links and reconciliations. Is there a better way to fix this problem? is there some sort script exists on the customer soruce by runing it can fix the problem? Does any one have any solution to this problem? We had a similar problem. Found that salespeople were dutifull...

softball team roster management
I am trying to set up something to help me keep track of player rotation for my t-ball softball team. I have 12 girls we play 8 games and all girls play each game. I would like to rotate batting order and positions for each game. we have 4 innins each game. Since it's only 8 games, it may just be easiest to have the player names in column A, then weeks 1 - 8 as columns B - I. Put in the player positions and just rotate them. Then, make a second table for the batting order and rotate again. "aa_carrillo" wrote: > I am trying to set up something to help me keep track...

set up a continuing roster?
how do i set up a continuing roster in excel, with names, months, dates? You'll have to be a little more specific as to what you want -- neopolita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=61 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39329 Hi Are you talking a duty roster here? If so, what type of shifts? How many shifts per person per week/month? What hours are to be worked? Is it a class roster? How many periods per day? What dura...

Excel Roster
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi I want to create a roster for my cleaning business that show the girls day on one page but calculates costs on another. I am sure this can be done but dont know how to make the two pages interact together? I can do basic formulas in excel and thats about all. <br> I would be grateful for any opinions On 3/23/10 5:13 AM, Booster@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi I want to create a roster for > my cleaning business that show the girls day on one page but calculates > costs on another. I am sure ...

Workflow Roster
Hi Max, Its been a long time since i got in touch with you. I have been an avid fan of yours since the time you helped me out with my queries on groups.google.com and by sharing your scheduling files on Savefile.com. I am trying to create a simple biweekly roster for my workflow support team using either VBA or worksheet functions though i am not able to proceed further than the design. These are the following Criteria: 1] Girls cannot work Night Shifts. Only for Boys. 2] Also the two girls with CRE cannot work together. 3] Shift is for 6 days and Sunday being a weekly off. 4] Saturday shi...

Tip Allocation 02-20-10
I am working with a client and have brought in beginning balances on GP 10.0. They have 4000 employees that receive tips. I would like to know how the tip allocation works on this. Per their previous system they should have approx 20,000 total in tip allocations. How do I verify the allocated tips? Is there a way to update this information? As I am not finding documentation on this process I am unclear how allocaion tips works. I do have the Calculate Tip Allocation marked in setup with 8%. All assistance is appreciated. According to the GP help file: Allocated tips are em...

Partially Allocated MDA Codes
When entering MDA on a Payables Transaction; how can you partially assign the total voucher amount? For example Voucher is 1000.00 but I only want 500.00 of that to be assigned to an MDA Code ID? Amanda, Yes, I do this all the time. You just have to make sure that the Analysis Type is not set to Required for that account/analysis group. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Amanda" <Amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:236FC8C7-8130-4601-A128-34CE538A65C5@microsoft.c...

Rosters and adding hours linked to a persons name
Hi All, I have a roster that goes across 8 weeks . Each line (Say Line 2) corresponds to the number of hours in that week - being line 2 that a person works . Line 2 is 44 hours, Line 5 may be 36 hours etc etc. At the end of the 8 weeks I want to know how many hours each staff member has worked. Unfortunately staff do not start on a line and systematically progress from week to week down the line numbers but will often chop and change from line 2 to line 6 and then to line 4 etc. I enter the name of the person on the line across the spreadsheet but how can I now have the program look ...

Roster mail merge form
I'm trying to create a roster from an excel worksheet. My Roster form is a table created in Publisher 2000 SP3. When I use mail merge and select the column headings from Excel and I put <<name>>,<< address>>,etc in the first row of the table. When I show the merged data it all appears in the first row. When I put <<name>> etc in the next row it puts the same dat in both rows. How can I get the 87 rows of the spreadsheet into 87 table rows in publisher. Would it be any better using the publisher address list. the spread sheet I have works great for labe...

SOP Order Allocate By Option
Even though GP greys out the option - has anyone changed the 'Allocate By' option for SOP Orders post setup? We have been running for a couple of years and now would like to change that option to NONE. Thanks for your input on this! Doing this mid stream is shaky. Create a new document type and set this new type as the default. Instruct your users to use it only. Are we going to see you at Convergence in Orlando? We are throwing a big party aboard an ocean going cruise ship on Wednesday. Visit our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com for details and to reserve ...

Rostering problem
Never had much to do with excel before, but am trying to work out a problem with a roster system. On sheet 1, the roster looks something like this Person a 700 Person b 1430 Person c 730 person d 1230 Person e 700 Person f 1430 Person g ARL Person h 930 Person i 930 Person j 700 column A being the persons name and column B is the time the shift starts. On sheet 2, I then want to retrieve the info and group it in time slots like so Person a 700 Person c 730 Person e 700 Person j 700 Person h 930 Person i 930 Person b 1430 person d 1230 Person f 1430 so it can be printed off for a daily...

Distributing staff to different roles
I have to distribute 20 staff in 6 different locations weekly. Each location needs varying staff numbers to manage functions. Staff have to rotate each week and the location worked should not be continued in the following week. Please help to build a roster in excel 2003 Lets assume that 4 of the locations require 3 staff and 2 of the locations require 4 staff. Lets number the staff from 1 to 20. In a given week we fill cells A1 thru B20: loc1 1 loc1 2 loc1 3 loc2 4 loc2 5 loc2 6 loc3 7 loc3 8 loc3 9 loc4 10 loc4 11 loc4 12 loc5 13 loc5 14 loc5 15 loc5 16 loc6 17 loc6 18 loc6 19 loc6 ...

Allocate isoch resource failed for 1394b driver on windows 7 x64
I developed a firewire camera (amd64 bit) driver for my image device, the driver can run with SONY industrial camera (IIDC 1.30) on FireWire S800, but failed on my image device on windows 7 x64, the x86 version of this driver works well on x86 32bit platform like winxp or win7 with my device. The error code returned from win7 x64 was 0xc000009a(STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES), when submit REQUEST_ISOCH_ALLOCATE_RESOURCES isoch request calling to 1394 bus driver, I checked the parameters, fulSpeed is 8, nChannel is 0,nMaxBytesPerFrame is #7168, nNumberOfBuffers is 5, nMaxBufferS...

Staff Rosters.
Has anyone developed a simple excel spreadsheet for staff rosters Here's a link http://blog.jausovec.net/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=165&blogId=1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Delma" <Delma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD514EA8-5789-4482-887A-3E99C1663A7F@microsoft.com... > Has anyone developed a simple excel spreadsheet for staff rosters ...

SOP Order Allocation
How would you recommend dealing with the following scenario? You enter an SOP order w/ 2 lines. The SOP type is setup for line allocation, so inventory is allocated as each line item is entered. The quantity for both items (ITEM1 and ITEM2) are available and allocated during entry but the order is not requested for shipment for 2 weeks and won't be fulfilled (using separate) until then. The quantity allocated on the first item (ITEM1) on this order totally wiped out the quantiry available. then you enter a second order with one line item (ITEM1) for 5 units. Since the first ord...