Rename tab on cell event

Looking for code that would simply, on the fly, depending what was entered in
a cell at anytime, any amount of times, the tab name would be renamed to what
the cell contents are.

I have seen some pretty elaborate ways of renaming tabs. I am new at Excel
and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0
JohnG (43)

Hi,

Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in then every tiome A1
is changed to a 'legal' worksheet name the sheet will be renamed.

On Error GoTo enditall
ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value
enditall:
End Sub

Mike

"John G." wrote:

> Looking for code that would simply, on the fly, depending what was entered in
> a cell at anytime, any amount of times, the tab name would be renamed to what
> the cell contents are.
>
> I have seen some pretty elaborate ways of renaming tabs. I am new at Excel
> and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0
MikeH (222)
5/7/2008 5:03:02 PM
Mike,

That works really slick. Question... If someone changes the cell to a
nothing or null value, it does not rename the sheet. Can there be a way to go
back to say "sheet 1" or "sheet 2" if cell becomes empty?

John G.

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in then every tiome A1
> is changed to a 'legal' worksheet name the sheet will be renamed.

> On Error GoTo enditall
> ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value
> enditall:
> End Sub
>
> Mike
>
> "John G." wrote:
>
> > Looking for code that would simply, on the fly, depending what was entered in
> > a cell at anytime, any amount of times, the tab name would be renamed to what
> > the cell contents are.
> >
> > I have seen some pretty elaborate ways of renaming tabs. I am new at Excel
> > and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0
JohnG (43)
On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Me
       If .Range("A1") = "" Then
         .Name = .Name
            Else
         .Name = .Range("A1").Value
       End If
End With
enditall:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:40:02 -0700, John G. <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Mike,
>
>That works really slick. Question... If someone changes the cell to a
>nothing or null value, it does not rename the sheet. Can there be a way to go
>back to say "sheet 1" or "sheet 2" if cell becomes empty?
>
>John G.
>
>"Mike H" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in then every tiome A1
>> is changed to a 'legal' worksheet name the sheet will be renamed.
>>
>> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>> On Error GoTo enditall
>> ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value
>> enditall:
>> End Sub
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> "John G." wrote:
>>
>> > Looking for code that would simply, on the fly, depending what was entered in
>> > a cell at anytime, any amount of times, the tab name would be renamed to what
>> > the cell contents are.
>> >
>> > I have seen some pretty elaborate ways of renaming tabs. I am new at Excel
>> > and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0
Gord
5/7/2008 8:48:02 PM
Thanks Gord and Mike. Making life simpler, or complex, depends on what else
this leads to. Thanks a bunch!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> On Error GoTo enditall
> Application.EnableEvents = False
> With Me
>        If .Range("A1") = "" Then
>          .Name = .Name
>             Else
>          .Name = .Range("A1").Value
>        End If
> End With
> enditall:
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:40:02 -0700, John G. <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Mike,
> >
> >That works really slick. Question... If someone changes the cell to a
> >nothing or null value, it does not rename the sheet. Can there be a way to go
> >back to say "sheet 1" or "sheet 2" if cell becomes empty?
> >
> >John G.
> >
> >"Mike H" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in then every tiome A1
> >> is changed to a 'legal' worksheet name the sheet will be renamed.
> >>
> >> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> >> On Error GoTo enditall
> >> ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value
> >> enditall:
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >> Mike

0
JohnG (43)
5/8/2008 6:19:02 PM
Gord,
This returns the right value only the cell shows a square symbol between the
round number and the fraction. I tried to paste it here, but it did not come
over the same.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> On Error GoTo enditall
> Application.EnableEvents = False
> With Me
>        If .Range("A1") = "" Then
>          .Name = .Name
>             Else
>          .Name = .Range("A1").Value
>        End If
> End With
> enditall:
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:40:02 -0700, John G. <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Mike,
> >
> >That works really slick. Question... If someone changes the cell to a
> >nothing or null value, it does not rename the sheet. Can there be a way to go
> >back to say "sheet 1" or "sheet 2" if cell becomes empty?
> >
> >John G.
> >
> >"Mike H" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in then every tiome A1
> >> is changed to a 'legal' worksheet name the sheet will be renamed.
> >>
> >> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> >> On Error GoTo enditall
> >> ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value
> >> enditall:
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >> Mike

0
JohnG (43)
5/8/2008 6:33:02 PM
John

I think you have responded to the wrong posting.

No round numbers or fractions that I can see in my post.

But square symbols are usually linefeeds within a cell.

Gord

On Thu, 8 May 2008 11:33:02 -0700, John G. <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Gord,
>This returns the right value only the cell shows a square symbol between the
>round number and the fraction. I tried to paste it here, but it did not come
>over the same.
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>> On Error GoTo enditall
>> Application.EnableEvents = False
>> With Me
>>        If .Range("A1") = "" Then
>>          .Name = .Name
>>             Else
>>          .Name = .Range("A1").Value
>>        End If
>> End With
>> enditall:
>> Application.EnableEvents = True
>> End Sub
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:40:02 -0700, John G. <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Mike,
>> >
>> >That works really slick. Question... If someone changes the cell to a
>> >nothing or null value, it does not rename the sheet. Can there be a way to go
>> >back to say "sheet 1" or "sheet 2" if cell becomes empty?
>> >
>> >John G.

0
Gord
5/9/2008 12:50:42 AM
Great sub, however in MY case I need 4 sheets to be renamed based on cells in
sheet 1.  Can anyone help?

0
DKM (2)
5/9/2008 6:16:00 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I have a that has 8 sheets.

Sheet 1 is the master sheet.

All sheets have default names. (contractor1, contractor2....)

Once I enter the contractor name into the Master sheet (C4) I want sheet 2
to update to the value in sheet 1, C2.  Similar for sheet 1, D2.  And for
other cells in the master sheet.

thanks in advance.

dan
0
DKM (2)
5/9/2008 6:34:00 PM
In the sheet code module, paste this in - change [A2] to your desired =
cell.

If Intersect(Target, [A2]) Is Nothing _
Or [A2] =3D "" Then Exit Sub
Dim wks As Worksheet
For Each wks In Sheets
  If UCase([A2]) =3D UCase(wks.Name) Then
    MsgBox "Can't rename a sheet with " & [A2].Value _
    & vbNewLine & "as that name already exist."
    Exit Sub
  End If
Next wks
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Name =3D [A2].Value2
If Err.Number <> 0 Then MsgBox Err.Description
End Sub

Well it was going to be a 1 liner, but that's been taken :)

Regards
Robert McCurdy
"John G." <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Looking for code that would simply, on the fly, depending what was =
entered in=20
> a cell at anytime, any amount of times, the tab name would be renamed =
to what=20
> the cell contents are.
>=20
> I have seen some pretty elaborate ways of renaming tabs. I am new at =
Excel=20
> and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0
robertwm (27)
5/12/2008 11:09:55 AM
G’Day  Gord

This works a treat and is simple to understand. I have one remaining
question.

The cell I am referencing (B1 in sheet 2) has a CONCATENATE function
(joining "sheet1!A1,A1" ) . When I change A1, I sheet2, B2 also changes as
does the Sheet2 sheet name. However, when I change the value in Sheet1!A1
there is no change to the Sheet2 sheet name, even though a B1 has changed? I
have tried "F9", even closing and opening the workbook but I can't seem to
force a change.

Is there a simple solution?

Thanks

Scott

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> On Error GoTo enditall
> Application.EnableEvents = False
> With Me
>        If .Range("A1") = "" Then
>          .Name = .Name
>             Else
>          .Name = .Range("A1").Value
>        End If
> End With
> enditall:
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:40:02 -0700, John G. <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Mike,
> >
> >That works really slick. Question... If someone changes the cell to a
> >nothing or null value, it does not rename the sheet. Can there be a way to go
> >back to say "sheet 1" or "sheet 2" if cell becomes empty?
> >
> >John G.
> >
> >"Mike H" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in then every tiome A1
> >> is changed to a 'legal' worksheet name the sheet will be renamed.
> >>
> >> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> >> On Error GoTo enditall
> >> ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value
> >> enditall:
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >> Mike

0
scott7693 (519)
7/8/2008 9:56:01 PM
You need a calculate event for that.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
On Error GoTo enditall
 Application.EnableEvents = False
 With Me
        If .Range("B1") = "" Then
          .Name = .Name
             Else
          .Name = .Range("B1").Value
        End If
 End With
enditall:
 Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Assumes code is in Sheet2 and B1 has formula

=CONCATENATE(Sheet1!A1,A1)

Gord

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:56:01 -0700, Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>G�Day  Gord
>
>This works a treat and is simple to understand. I have one remaining
>question.
>
>The cell I am referencing (B1 in sheet 2) has a CONCATENATE function
>(joining "sheet1!A1,A1" ) . When I change A1, I sheet2, B2 also changes as
>does the Sheet2 sheet name. However, when I change the value in Sheet1!A1
>there is no change to the Sheet2 sheet name, even though a B1 has changed? I
>have tried "F9", even closing and opening the workbook but I can't seem to
>force a change.
>
>Is there a simple solution?
>
>Thanks
>
>Scott
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>> On Error GoTo enditall
>> Application.EnableEvents = False
>> With Me
>>        If .Range("A1") = "" Then
>>          .Name = .Name
>>             Else
>>          .Name = .Range("A1").Value
>>        End If
>> End With
>> enditall:
>> Application.EnableEvents = True
>> End Sub
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:40:02 -0700, John G. <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Mike,
>> >
>> >That works really slick. Question... If someone changes the cell to a
>> >nothing or null value, it does not rename the sheet. Can there be a way to go
>> >back to say "sheet 1" or "sheet 2" if cell becomes empty?
>> >
>> >John G.

0
Gord
7/8/2008 10:50:27 PM
Gord,

You are a gentlemen and a scholar, thanks very much

Scott

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> You need a calculate event for that.
>
> Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
> On Error GoTo enditall
>  Application.EnableEvents = False
>  With Me
>         If .Range("B1") = "" Then
>           .Name = .Name
>              Else
>           .Name = .Range("B1").Value
>         End If
>  End With
> enditall:
>  Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> Assumes code is in Sheet2 and B1 has formula
>
> =CONCATENATE(Sheet1!A1,A1)
>

> Gord
>
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:56:01 -0700, Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >G’Day  Gord
> >
> >This works a treat and is simple to understand. I have one remaining
> >question.
> >
> >The cell I am referencing (B1 in sheet 2) has a CONCATENATE function
> >(joining "sheet1!A1,A1" ) . When I change A1, I sheet2, B2 also changes as
> >does the Sheet2 sheet name. However, when I change the value in Sheet1!A1
> >there is no change to the Sheet2 sheet name, even though a B1 has changed? I
> >have tried "F9", even closing and opening the workbook but I can't seem to
> >force a change.
> >
> >Is there a simple solution?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Scott
> >
> >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> >> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> >> On Error GoTo enditall
> >> Application.EnableEvents = False
> >> With Me
> >>        If .Range("A1") = "" Then
> >>          .Name = .Name
> >>             Else
> >>          .Name = .Range("A1").Value
> >>        End If
> >> End With
> >> enditall:
> >> Application.EnableEvents = True
> >> End Sub
> >>

> >> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

0
scott7693 (519)
7/8/2008 11:38:01 PM
Good to hear you got sorted out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:38:01 -0700, Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Gord,
>
>You are a gentlemen and a scholar, thanks very much
>
>Scott
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> You need a calculate event for that.
>>
>> Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
>> On Error GoTo enditall
>>  Application.EnableEvents = False
>>  With Me
>>         If .Range("B1") = "" Then
>>           .Name = .Name
>>              Else
>>           .Name = .Range("B1").Value
>>         End If
>>  End With
>> enditall:
>>  Application.EnableEvents = True
>> End Sub
>>
>> Assumes code is in Sheet2 and B1 has formula
>>
>> =CONCATENATE(Sheet1!A1,A1)
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:56:01 -0700, Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >G�Day  Gord
>> >
>> >This works a treat and is simple to understand. I have one remaining
>> >question.
>> >
>> >The cell I am referencing (B1 in sheet 2) has a CONCATENATE function
>> >(joining "sheet1!A1,A1" ) . When I change A1, I sheet2, B2 also changes as
>> >does the Sheet2 sheet name. However, when I change the value in Sheet1!A1
>> >there is no change to the Sheet2 sheet name, even though a B1 has changed? I
>> >have tried "F9", even closing and opening the workbook but I can't seem to
>> >force a change.
>> >
>> >Is there a simple solution?
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >
>> >Scott

0
Gord

Changing Font Colour if cell is certain word?
Can I make the font of a certain cell change it's font colour to Red if the word in the cell is, example, "Fail"? I want the change to apply from B2:F23. -- wuming79 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wuming79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=560169 Use "Conditional Formatting". It's on the Format menu -- MartinShor Software Tester &amp; Musicia -----------------------------------------------------...

Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server failed. (80070005 (Access is denied.) )
My setup: Windows 2003 AD (2 domain controllers) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server (I'll call it main-server.domain.com) Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server (used to have all the mailboxes, but they have been moved to main-server.domain.com) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server (call it front-end.domain.com) The front end server is getting the error messages in the event log every 3 minutes: "Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server /LM/SMTPSVC/1 failed. Error code is 80070005 (Access is denied.). " I am using a firewall, and the front end server is in a DMZ, op...

I keep getting a "Circular Reference" error message but there is nothing in that cell.
I using the dependent precedent to track it down and there's nothing. How do I stop this? Delete the cell? Marc On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 21:34:52 GMT, "Marc" <mcnr(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote: >I using the dependent precedent to track it down and there's nothing. How >do I stop this? Delete the cell? > >Marc > What is the formula? What is the contents of all the precedents of that formula? --ron If you have trouble finding the circular reference, maybe Stephen Bullen's utility will help: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Look for...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

Colouring excel sheet tabs
Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an excel worksheet. Is there a macro i can use to colour them? Again, any help much appreciated regards Neal -- Neal Only in XL2002 and 2003 Versions prior to these have no method(macro or otherwise) of colouring sheet tabs. In XL2002 right-click on tab and "Tab Colour" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:34:22 -0000, "NealUK" <xxx@xxx.xx> wrote: >Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an >excel worksheet. Is there a macro i can use to colour...

Control Tab from Combo box- format control missing!!
I cannot change the input range and cell link within the format control option of a combo box. Does anyone know why this control tab is missing? Many thanks You should use a combo box from the Forms toolbar rather than the Control Toolbox toolbar to see what you expect. Otherwise, right click the Control Toolbox combo box, pick Properties, and enter the ListFillRange and LinkedCell properties. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mo" <Mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA27F5C9-9500-47F9-A814-94714F7B840F@microsoft.com... |I cannot change the input range and cell ...

DataGridView Events
What are the events handlers I need to insert / update / delete rows in a datagridview? Seems a lot different than asp.net. I can initially bind the datagridview but don't know the event handlers to add/update/delete. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks a lot. If you create your own made data source, one way is to implement IBindingList and to define an empty constructor (to add new "row"). BindingList><T> does implement IBindingList. You can use BindingSource to expose IBindingList on types that do not implement IBindingList. Here an example...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

Tab name is grey! I want it black!
Hi, thanks for viewing my post. I am using 2002 on a mac if that matters but my worksheet tabs have changed to light grey making it difficult to see the worksheet number or name. How would I change it back to black? Thanks! There's some information in the following thread, http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=fc7dfa0c.0305202337.4bbf46ff%40posting.google.com and you may want to post your question in the Mac newsgroup: microsoft.public.mac.office.excel crazyaboutgus wrote: > Hi, thanks for viewing my post. I am using 2002 on a mac if that > matters but my workshe...

Protecting Selected Cells and Functions
I have a worksheet. In Cell B2 is a Data validation box Listing a range of colleagues names( DRop Down Menu). On selection of a name in B2, the contents of the whole worksheet changes. I like to Protect the worksheet for: 1) Hiding the formulaes 2) And most importantly preventing editing of the contents of any other cell (except B2). and yet be permiitted to: 3) Select contents in Cell B2 (Data Validation Box) 4) Select Auto filters in Row 4 I've tried using the the Tools/ Protect worksheet menu, ticking Select Lock Cells, Select Unlock cell, use auto filters. And in in Format/Cells/...

Page Settings Tab
I'm modifying an existing flyer design to be commercially printed so I want to produce a press quality PDF. It's an A5 publication on an A4 sheet & I want to add crop marks but when I go to 'Print' and select 'Adobe PDF' as my printer and then choose 'Advanced Print Settings' there's no 'Page Settings' tab. Anyone got any ideas???? Do you have it setup so two A5 publications print on one page? Look at the properties of the AdobePDF printer, there are options. Have you installed the updates to Acrobat? If you have Acrobat 7, help, about shou...

Copying Cells on a diagonal?
I need to copy cells on the diagonal for a large data set as follows P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 Group 1 P1 5 4 5 4 3 Group 1 P2 5 4 5 4 3 Group 1 P3 5 4 5 4 3 Group1 P4 5 4 5 4 3 Group1 P5 5 4 5 4 3 Group 2 P1 5 4 5 4 3 Group 2 P2 5 4 5 4 3 Group 2 P3 5 4 5 4 3 Group 2 P4 5 4 5 4 3 Group 2 P5 5 4 5 4 3 I need P1's Self score, P2's Self Score, P3's self core etc for each team lined up in a single column. which for the above data would be Self Rating 5 4 5 4 3 5 4 5 4 3 Is a formula like =A2 =B3 =C4 =D5 =E6 the best way to do this and then cut and paste the formula for each group? Than...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

Linking a range from an external workbook to a single cell
I am linking a series of workbooks to a summary work book. I need to know if I can enter a cell range from the external workbooks to a single cell in a summary workbook. In this instance I have 12 months data stored in workbook A in 12 seperate columns. I know I can link each cell in workbook A to a corresponding cell in workbook B. However this requires me to link each of the 12 cells in workbook A to the 12 in workbook B. I would like to enter in the first cell in workbook B the start of the range of 12 cells in workbook A and automatically generate the same range in workbook B. I have tri...

cell filename
I am creating a workbook with multiple sheets. Every time I create a new sheet and use cell filename to display the saved location of the worksheet (for other staff to find) it renames all the worksheets in the workbook. How do I cell filename individual sheets inside the same workbook and have it stick!? Thanks! Carina -- Carina ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Carina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=481001 bump Thanks, Cari...

How to change formulae to static cell values?
I have an Excell spreadsheet with a column of consecutive numbers. Instead of the values being "1", "2", "3",... they are "1", "=a1+1", "=a2+1"... How can I change these formulae to the values that they display as static cell values? Thanks in advance. Select & copy the range of cells. Leave them selected & go to Edit> Paste Special, choose Values from the Paste options, then OK. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 12/9/09 3:45 AM, in article 41FD2E5D-6D37-4A7D-88E3-E297DC25F93E@microsoft.com,...

Headers based on Cell Values
I would like to have my header variable based upon the value of certai cells. If there is a way to do this without VBA, that would be the best way However, if it is only in VBA, then that is what I will have to do -- kralj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=995 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27791 Hi not possible without VBA. You have to use the BeforePrint event of your workbook. So try putting the following type of code in your wo...

Cells that "appear" empty plot as zero. Do not want cells to plot.
I read thru some of the posts about plotting empty cells and can't seem to find the right answer to my problem. I have a bar chart (Jan thru Dec) which I currently show data running through June. All cells contain the same formula (therefore none are "really" empty). My formula uses the " " to make the cells for July thru Dec "appear" empty, therefore the graph is plotting these cells as zero. I know that I could use 'NA()' and force a #NA error, but I don't want that error message to appear in my cells. Is there a way to not get the ...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

Renaming Reporting Services
Hello, I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to resolve this problem? Thanks a Lot! Breno Amorim you changed the name of the crm web server? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C698B9F7-FF7B-43BC-8368-59C31A5FB994@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I changed the name ...

Delete unwanted row after merging duplicating cells
I merge cell in col b and now I want to delete duplicate records. What is the formula if i want to delete unwanted rows e.g Available file COL A COLB 1 John Kim, Capcano Rd , 92821 1 Capcano Rd 1 92821 2 Peter, Mike 3 Mason Ko, 898934, california, Excellent, Yes 3 898934 3 california 3 Excellent 3 Yes 4 Tomorow 5 Welcome, Michael 5 Micael 6 Jonny, Based 6 based Want to make it like this COL A COLB 1 John Kim, Capcano Rd , 92821 2 Peter, Mike 3 Mason K...

Sheet tabs are hidden...option is checked
Anyone know how to make the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar show up at the bottom? I created a workbook for my mom's work on Excel 2000 containing 5 different sheets, which I can navigate to by clicking the tabs at the bottom. However, my mom can't see the tabs (or the horizontal scroll bar) using Excel 2003. There's nothing else at the bottom except the status bar. I got her to check Tools>Options>"View", but both the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar options are checked to be shown. Is there something else I can tell her to do? -- okamico ----------...

Combining cells with text
I have two cells that both have text in them. Cell A2 contains the old status. Cell B2 contains the new status. I'd like to keep the history of the old status and update it with the new status on top. So cell A2 will now look like: 5/6 New Status 4/20 Old Status Can this be done? I'm using Excel 2003. I'm guessing it will be VBA code but don't know what it will say. Thanks. =A1 & " Old status" and copy paste special - values to keep the value static. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Nadine" <Nadine@discussion...