Removing a date by inputting a newer one in another cell

I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user,
I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various
units, and is controlled by quantity and dates.
What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date
when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I
have not been able to make this work.
I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Many Thanks
Mike

You could use a worksheet_change event that clearscontents of the original
cell.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Mike" <msutcliffe@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user,
> I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various
> units, and is controlled by quantity and dates.
> What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered
> date when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So
> far I have not been able to make this work.
> I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me.
>
> Many Thanks
> Mike

0
dguillett1 (2487)
7/13/2009 1:41:51 PM
Hi,
could you please provide with and example of the layout of your spreadsheet,
thanks

"Mike" wrote:

> I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user,
> I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various
> units, and is controlled by quantity and dates.
> What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date
> when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I
> have not been able to make this work.
> I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me.
>
> Many Thanks
> Mike

0
Eduardo (134)
7/13/2009 1:45:04 PM
"Eduardo" <Eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> could you please provide with and example of the layout of your
> spreadsheet,
> thanks

Hi.

Item ! Start Date !	Qty ! Reorder Date ! Warning 7 Days ! Status  ! Date
Ordered !        ! 13/07/09   !  24  !                          !                              ! reorder!    06/07/09      !

When a new start date is input the other dates recalculate and the status
column changes to okay. The date ordered does not change, this the date I
would like to remove, just to save a few less clicks on the sheet, and so I
don't forget to delete it.
Hope this makes sense.

Mike

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CA048F.8ED3CC80

"Eduardo" <Eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
> Hi,
> could you please provide with and example of the layout of your=20
> spreadsheet,
> thanks

Hi,
Will try.

Item ! Start Date !  Qty ! Reorder Date ! Status  ! Date Ordered !
        !  13/07/09 !  24   !                       ! reorder! 06/05/09  =
      !
not all columns are shown that are in the work sheet, just some =
indication of the layout=20

When the date in B2 is greater than the date in F2 then delete/remove =
the date in F2=20
When a new start date is input the other dates recalculate and the =
status=20
column changes to okay. The date ordered does not change, the date. I=20
would like to remove, just to save a few clicks on the sheet, and so I=20
don't forget to delete it.
Hope this makes sense.

Mike

> "Mike" wrote:
>
>> I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user,
>> I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of =
various
>> units, and is controlled by quantity and dates.
>> What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the =
ordered=20
>> date
>> when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So =
far I
>> have not been able to make this work.
>> I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me.
>>
>> Many Thanks
>> Mike

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CA048F.8ED3CC80

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dunicode" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18783"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT><FONT =
size=3D2=20
face=3DArial></FONT><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial></FONT>
<DIV><BR>"Eduardo" &lt;Eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<BR>news:30B7FDCC-BDA6-4437-92D2-2614282A92FD@microsoft.com...<BR>&gt;=20
Hi,<BR>&gt; could you please provide with and example of the layout of =
your=20
<BR>&gt; spreadsheet,<BR>&gt; thanks<BR><BR>Hi,<BR>Will =
try.<BR><BR><U>Item !=20
Start Date !&nbsp; Qty ! Reorder Date ! Status&nbsp; ! Date&nbsp;Ordered =

!<BR></U>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; !&nbsp;=20
13/07/09&nbsp;!&nbsp; 24&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
! reorder! 06/05/09&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; !</DIV>
<DIV>not all columns are shown that are in the work sheet, just some =
indication=20
of the layout </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>When the date in B2 is greater than the =
date=20
in&nbsp;F2 then delete/remove the date in F2 </FONT><BR>When a new start =
date is=20
input the other dates recalculate and the status <BR>column changes to =
okay. The=20
date ordered does not change, the&nbsp;date. I <BR>would like to remove, =
just to=20
save a few clicks on the sheet, and so I <BR>don't forget to delete =
it.<BR>Hope=20
this makes sense.<BR><BR>Mike<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; "Mike" =

wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new=20
user,<BR>&gt;&gt; I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the =
movement=20
of various<BR>&gt;&gt; units, and is controlled by quantity and=20
dates.<BR>&gt;&gt; What I would like to do is write a formula that will =
remove=20
the ordered <BR>&gt;&gt; date<BR>&gt;&gt; when I input the new start =
date, which=20
would be the newer date. So far I<BR>&gt;&gt; have not been able to make =
this=20
work.<BR>&gt;&gt; I would appreciate any help or advice you can give=20
me.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Many Thanks<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
Mike<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CA048F.8ED3CC80--

Convert Text To Valid Date
I have text field of [Yr] and [mth] and sample records as follow [Yr] [mth] 2010 01 2010 02 How to convert the two fields as a valid year & month date Thanks hi, On 20.04.2010 12:17, zyus wrote: > I have text field of [Yr] and [mth] and sample records as follow > > [Yr] [mth] > 2010 01 > 2010 02 > > How to convert the two fields as a valid year& month date SELECT DateSerial([Yr], [mth], 1) As SampleDate, * FROM yourTable mfG --> stefan <-- On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 03:17:01 -0700, zyus <zyus...

Removal

Date Comparison
Date stored in DB as date/time In VBA, wish to find date that is 2/8/2010 "DateofService" = "2/8/2010" doesn't work. "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61DE1BE3-8E85-4422-BE71-3A39EE95F51A@microsoft.com... > Date stored in DB as date/time > In VBA, wish to find date that is 2/8/2010 > "DateofService" = "2/8/2010" doesn't work. Try: "DateofService = #2/8/2010#" Use hash symbols to indicate that the value is a date. Using the following statement, I received a ru...

AP out of balance to G/L- AP trans with strange date
When reconciling AP to the GL this month I am out of balance by a transaction dated 9/30/1994 and it says it was paid on 8/22/2049. This transaction must have been entered years ago, no one currently here entered it. It is showing up on my AP aging but not the G/L. How do I get rid of it? I don't want a life ling reconciling item..... There is no distribution showing for either the invoice or payment. It has never appeared before - so I don't know what triggered it to suddenly show up. Any suggestions? On Feb 7, 6:43 pm, Jedwards <Jedwa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Creating a CWnd in another thread and use it in main thread
Hello, in my app I have a window (CFrameWnd derived) which takes some time to be created. Also it should exist only once so I use a singleton to access it. I would like to run the window creation in the background so that when I need it it appears instantly. I use a thread to create the window. The creation runs fine but when the main thread wants to use the created window (through the singleton) the HWND is not valid. I have read a lot of stuff about this but can't find a solution to my issue. Has anyone some hints to share? Regards, Nicolas "Nicolas Bonamy" <mynab@hotm...

Remove lines with +++

Time and Date increment
Hi I have a date and time field (which I have formatted as dd/mm/yy hh.mm) 16/07/04 09:30 I would like to add (incrementally) an hour on to the time each day, so the first few days will be: 17/07/04 10:30 18/07/04 12:30 19/07/04 15:30 I have tried right-clicking and using the "series" function, but when I go into the "series" option I am not sure what to do. I have chosen the options step value = 1 and "growth" but it only updates the Day (dd) by one day. I can't get it to update the Hour (hh) by one hour each day. Any ideas anyone? Hi You need to ad...

How to Remove SRS

Editing in a cell
I am having a problem with a newly created workbook. When I go to a cell that has data in it and try to add more data to the existing string I lose all the previous information. The work sheet that I am working in is protected and I have "edit directly in cell" checked in the options section. It is almost like my double click (as well as F2) are being treated as a single click. Thank you I figured it out. For some reason "Hide" is selected for the unlocked cells. "John English" wrote: > I am having a problem with a newly created workbook. > > Wh...

Macro to filter dates using Userform1 & printing
I have a speadsheet that has 5 columns. (Headings are in row 2 and are: Cell A2=Date, B2=Name, C2=Paylist, D2=Cycle, E2=Action). Data starts in Row 3 and will go down to row 5000. The dates would start 01-Jan-2011 and could go up to 31-Dec-2011. Right now I have 2 macro's to sort by date and paylist but what I also need is a macro to allow the user to sort by the user inputting a from date (I think I can use a calendar to pick from) and a to date (option of => and =<) in a form. The next piece is how to display and be able to print this filtered info. I am not sure ...

remove Fax from address book?

Pivot tables
I am not understanding a basic process in the pivot tables. I have a simple table of subcontracts for my construction company. The fields are: Job# Contract # Vendor Date Contract item # Description I can make a pivot table that shows the contract item #'s as a row label and then the sum of the valuse as a seperate column. What I want to show is the date and the description of each contract item, so that the pivot table would look something like this: Contract item #1 12/18/09 framing $18,000 Contract item #2 12/22/09 window prep $2,300 I can...

Help on how to select one formula from a list of formulae
Tricky question, not sure if it's possible withou the use of a macro. What I want to do is have a list of formula in a table, eg numbered 1 - 10. I then want a cell to be able to take one of these formulae, and apply it to figures local to it. I want to be able to alternate which formula is looked up dynamically. Vlookup doesnt work as the formula are imported exactly as-is. I cant get indirect working with this as it imports 'text' only. Anybody have any other ideas how to do this. Cheers for any help Not sure if I understand you correctly but it seems like something that the...

Public folder message copies to another user
Is there a way from exchange 2003 to allow mails that come to a public folder to be forwarded or a copy of it sent to anotehr user. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Smith, If you mail enable your public folder, you will get the normal Exchange email tabs, then in Exchange System go to the Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address | Forward To, and type the contact or email account to deliver to. Note this will only work for messages sent to this public folder via its email address. For messages created in the Public Folders directly this method will not wor...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Can not access my account from another computer
when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. It appears that Money Plus does not upload any data, anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, arjanbok@gmail.com wrote: >when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, >just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all >the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. >It appears that Money Plus does not...

How to calculate expiry date
How do i calculate an expiry date with Date of policy eg: 4 Apr and insurance period, ie: 60 days, with excel 2000, i am a new user. Thanks in advanced im stuck. With the start date in A1: =A1+60 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Justina" <Justina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08B9D97-3E62-402D-BE4D-647822D6B355@microsoft.com... | How do i calculate an expiry date with Date of policy eg: 4 Apr and insurance | period, ie: 60 days, with excel 2000, i am a new user. Thanks in advanced im | stuck. Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:16:01 -0700 from...

reformat text in a cell
I have 2000+ cells that look like this: UK00001 Geddy Lee 2112 Bytor Ln GLENVIEW, IL 60025-1522 Is there a simple way to add a space after each line? right now when i paste it into a word doc, it shows like this : UK00001 Geddy Lee2112 Bytor LnGLENVIEW, IL 60025-1522 I would like to REFORMAT every cell to look like this with spaces in between to make it readable: UK00001 Geddy Lee 2112 Bytor Ln GLENVIEW, IL 60025-1522 any suggestions? ...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

code to make a block arrow point from cell A to cell B
Hello, I'm looking for a piece of code to make an existing shape (block arrow) point from one cell to another. I know how to refer to cells and their properties. It's just the shape that I don't know how to handle by vba. Could you give me a hand or a reference? Thanks Is this what you are wanting? Activecell.Value = ChrW(&H25BA) -- Cheers, Ryan "hermac" wrote: > Hello, > I'm looking for a piece of code to make an existing shape (block > arrow) point from one cell to another. I know how to refer to cells > and their propert...