Removed content in right columns and limited size of spreadsheet

I was trying to get rid of the contents in the columns to the right of my
spreadsheet and instead I accidently deleted everything to the right (area is
now grey).  Now I can't insert new columns because I have limited the size of
the spreadsheet.  How can I recover columns to the right?  I can't just click
undo because I have saved and gone out of the spreadsheet.

The data in deleted columns is lost
I do not understand how you think you have limited the size of the worksheet
That is not possible
tell us more
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"rosebud3377" <rosebud3377@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was trying to get rid of the contents in the columns to the right of my
> spreadsheet and instead I accidently deleted everything to the right (area
> is
> now grey).  Now I can't insert new columns because I have limited the size
> of
> the spreadsheet.  How can I recover columns to the right?  I can't just
> click
> undo because I have saved and gone out of the spreadsheet.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
11/15/2007 7:41:25 PM
Sounds like you hid the columns.

CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all.

Right-click on a column header and "Unhide"

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:35:01 -0800, rosebud3377
<rosebud3377@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was trying to get rid of the contents in the columns to the right of my
>spreadsheet and instead I accidently deleted everything to the right (area is
>now grey).  Now I can't insert new columns because I have limited the size of
>the spreadsheet.  How can I recover columns to the right?  I can't just click
>undo because I have saved and gone out of the spreadsheet.

0
Gord

Increasing Chart Size
Hi All My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a chart on A4. He now wants the data to fit to A3 and 6 sheets wide. I know how to do it with a normal sheet, but can someone help me with doing a chart. All help is much appreciated. Regards Michael -- Michael Mitchelson Could you clarify what you mean? Are you saying you want to put the chart on cell A3 and make it 6 sheets wide? "Michael" wrote: > Hi All > My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a > chart on A4. > He now wants the data to fit to A3 and...

Remove Excel Icon ??

How to pull every tenth row of information out of a 5,000-row spreadsheet?
At work, we're doing a poll of 500 people, and we've got a list of 5,000 = potential people to contact in a vast, 5,000-row Microsoft Excel=20 spreadsheet. =20 Is there a way to run a query or a macro or something that will=20 automatically go in and select every tenth row on this document and=20 either erase the intervening rows and move all the remaining to the=20 top, and/or copy the contents of every tenth row into a new document=20 (but without nine blank rows between each row?) =20 We're using Microsoft Excel v.X on Mac OS X Jaguar. =20 Most of what we do is graphic desig...

Spreadsheets not calculating new information
At work, our company relies on excel spreadsheets to generate reports to track our daily progress. Under normal circumstances, they work well without incident. We currently use Microsoft Office 2000 in our office, which includes Excel 2000 and we are using Windows XP Professional as our operating systems, although I am not sure which version it is. Recently I experienced a period of about an entire week where the spreadsheets were not calculating any of the new information that was being manually entered. The previous calculations were in tact, but nothing would change with the ...

Code in timer event not working right
I have some code in a Timer event: Private Sub Form_Timer() V_Complete = True if V_Complete = True then Me.TotalFines = DLookup("TotalWeightGMS", "PurchasingFinesTotalQuery") Me.TotalChips = DLookup("TotalWeightGMS", "PurchasingChipsTotalQuery") Me.TotalBarEnds = DLookup "TotalWeightGMS", "PurchasingBarEndsTotalQuery") End If EndSub The Me.TotalFines, TotalChips and TotalBarEnds text boxes get populated with what looks like Japanese symbols. If I run the queries by themselves, they return what look...

IMF Content Filter question.
All email comes through our Email Gateway Appliance named IronPort. It then forwards the email to our front end servers where IMF is then applied. Some emails from our Remedy Ticketing system are getting caught by IMF with an scl rating of 7. I tried adding the IP address to the Accept list on the content filter tab but it is not working. Is it because the email is being forwarded from our IronPort system and that's the Sending IP it's looking at??? Here's a portion of the header. the 192 address is the one I would like to allow. It would be nice if I could use an email ad...

Removal

WEBHOSTING SEM LIMITES
ALOJAMENTO PROFISSIONAL DE WEBSITES A PRE�OS COMPETITIVO REGISTO DE DOM�NIOS, WEBDESIGN http://www.weboeste.com TODOS OS PLANOS PERMITEM CONTE�DO COMERCIAL ALGUMAS CARACTERISTICAS COMUNS EM TODOS OS PLANOS DE ALOJAMENTO * cPanel 8 * Contas de E-mail POP3 * Contas FTP * Sub dom�nios * Raw Access Logs, Raw Log Manager * Redirects * Backup's e Restores * Gestor de Nega��o de IP's * Gest�o profissional de servidores * Estat�sticas Web/FTP (Analog, Awstats, Webalizer, Latest Visitors) * Protec��o de Direct�rios com Password * Filtros de E-mail; Assassino de Spam * PHP; Perl; CGI; SSI *...

Record not updating right away
Using Access 2003. I have a combox lookup field on a form. When I double click on that field, my physician subform opens up to add a new physician. When I add a new physician, I have to enter the last name, then first name and click back into the last name field then click ok for that name to show up in the list. If I don't do it exactly right and click into the next record for instance, I have to close the database before the new physician name shows up in my list. I have a command button on this subform and in the "on click" event procedure I have this code below. N...

Remove lines with +++

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

How to Remove SRS

Limit to GDI Handles and User Handles
Hi, My software is a highly interactive application that uses lots of windows with sub windows (a few hundred windows is not an exception). Not all windows are visible at the same time, but at certain moments the user must be able to quickly switch to another window so I keep the relevant windows invisible and make them visible when needed. Due to the structure of the software, it is not possible to decrease the number of windows. Nevertheless I have succeeded to decrease the used pens, brushes, .... Cleaning up the used menu handles and icon handles is planned for the medium- to long-term. ...

Windows Rights Management Formerly Digital Rights Management
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Our company uses Windows Rights Management to control rights to Word an Excel spreadsheets as well as limit forwarding of emails. Office for Windows beining with 2003 supported it a does IE. Does Office for Mac 2008 support Windows Rights Management? At this time I cannot access any Office doc or email that has Windows Rights AKA DRM applied to it. Sorry, there's no way to work with such files in Office 2008. You will have to request an unprotected copy to work with or use Office for Windows. On 4/10/08 1:10 PM, ...

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

combining countif and mid or right functions
I can not get the syntax correct to use countif with right or mid functions. I have a long list of numbers in column A - sample: 404030164 404030173 404030182 404030192 404030204 I need to count the number of 1's in the last digit and 04's in the 2nd and 3rd digits. -- \\\|/// \\ ~ ~ // ( @ @ ) --oOOo-(_)-oOOo--- Charlie Woll I think I would just use Data > TextToColumns to separate out the digits I was interested in and then use a regular COUNTIF....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CA...

Need to remove selected characters

Inserting an excel spreadsheet into a task in outlook 2007
I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by availing myself to the ribbon commands. Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object is excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit this object you must install a program to edit this object." Looking for answers -- Wave Hunter Did you install Outlook and Excel from the same Offi...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Why does priv1.edb increase in size when public folders are replicated?
We have an Exchange 2000 server on one Windows 2000 Server computer and Exchange 2003 on a different Windows 2003 server computer. We noticed that once we turned on replication for the public folders, the pub1.edb file increases in size, as does priv1.edb. There are no other mailboxes in priv1, so that doesn't account for the size increase. If we dismount priv1.edb, we can run eseutil /d and compact it to decrease the size. What you are seeing is normal behavior from my experience. When bringing up dedicated public folder servers, I've seen the mailbox store to grow to be quite...