Remove contents of one list from a second list

This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did NOT attend. How can I easily subtract one list from a larger one?
0
ric246 (1)

Hi
see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

RicMurray wrote:
> This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of
> all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users
> who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did NOT
> attend. How can I easily subtract one list from a larger one?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 1:28:52 PM
See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"RicMurray" <ric@ricmurray.com> wrote in message
> This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of all
registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users who logged
in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did NOT attend. How can I easily
subtract one list from a larger one?

0
terre081 (3244)
5/23/2004 1:29:39 PM
I would use a Helper column and write a VLOOKUP foumula to look up each name
in the second list to see if it was on the first list and copy the formula
down.........then either sort, or use AutoFilter to get the result..........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"RicMurray" <ric@ricmurray.com> wrote in message
> This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of all
registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users who logged
in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did NOT attend. How can I easily
subtract one list from a larger one?

0
croberts (1377)

Distribution list without e-mail address
I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation. Most of the executives are family members. We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses of all family members, both in-house and external. The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family news to the entire family in one fell-swoop. The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation. One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do with ...

Public Folder in distribution list #2
I have a public folder that needs to receive a daily newsletter from a newgroup. I set up the appropriate SMTP address on a distribution list, and then assigned the distribution list "Contributor" permissions on the public folder. I added the public folder to the distribution list (as well as one individual who receives it separately). When I send to the distribution list from an external account, I get a bounceback from the public folder SMTP address. Any ideas why? What version of Exchange? Why are you also using a distribution list? You can set the PF to receive mail dire...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Customizing the search in the "members of a marketing list" view
Hi! We have a strange problem with the search in the "members of a marketing list" view. If we do a search for a last name, there are no hits, even though there is such a contact in the marketing list. If we do the search for the same contact with the first name or a "*" before the lastname (for example "*gates") we get the contact we were looking for. I guess our CRM is only searching in the field with the full name... Everywhere else, the search works as expected and we can find the contact even with searching only for his last name. I checked the defau...

IMF Content Filter question.
All email comes through our Email Gateway Appliance named IronPort. It then forwards the email to our front end servers where IMF is then applied. Some emails from our Remedy Ticketing system are getting caught by IMF with an scl rating of 7. I tried adding the IP address to the Accept list on the content filter tab but it is not working. Is it because the email is being forwarded from our IronPort system and that's the Sending IP it's looking at??? Here's a portion of the header. the 192 address is the one I would like to allow. It would be nice if I could use an email ad...

Removal

Help needed weve been grey listed
Hi any help here will be super, basically weve been blacklisted by virgin and aol, just looking in system manager under smtp connections and found an ip address but no user? i traced the ip (but didnt write it down) to china, now trust me nobody works in china from here in the uk so this must be the source of the spam and why we are starting to get black listed. IN the properties of the smtp server anonymous is not tick and basic and intergrated authentication are ticked. On the firewall i ca see about 5 connections to exchange through port 25 some in china japand and germany but how are they ...

Remove lines with +++

Add a drob down list box to the tool bar?
I'm working with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. The software I'm working on has a main window that brings up other windows when you click on various buttons on the tool bar. I need to add a drop down list box to the tool bar to select between 2 different modes. How do I go about adding a drop down list box on the tool bar? -Lee Browning Don't you mean a combo box? There are good samples in toolbar section of codeguru. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lee ALICEngineer" <LeeALICEngineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9620EAA...

Connecting devices from one page to another
How do you conect devices from one page to another? On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:21:01 -0700, Robertini <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you conect devices from one page to another? select the shape, use the Insert -> Hyperlinks menu -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ You can also use the offsheet shape available in the simple flow diagram stencil. "Robertini" <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: A99647B9-907...

How to handle 6 different squares with animations in one slide
Hello, I have 6 different squares on one slide (numbered 1 to 6). These should be use in a competition and the audience can select one of these numbers and then continue with the next (I do not know in which order), still in the same slide. I would like to use animations by pointing at the number they selecting to move the square down and show a world. But, the problem is I do not know how to do this in Powerpoint (as I don't know the order). Anyone, with an idea? Thanks. Use Trigger animations. http://www.echosvoice.com/triggers.htm has instrux. -- Echo [MS PPT...

membership list
Friend of mine manages the membership list for a club, about 500 or so, using Excel as the program. It contains the usual; names, addresses, phone numbers, skill levels. Presently there are five levels. As can be expected, the list constantly changes with members moving to different levels, coming or leaving the club. There has to be periodic reports to the executive of the numbers in each category. I suggested adding a couple of blank lines after each category and using the CountA function to count the number of members in each category but I'm not very good at Excel either. The...

image list
hi, i want to list images using a list box. can i use CImageList for .gif images? anu ...

How to Remove SRS

Common Contacts List
Hi Outlook 2003 We have just installed a server in our work. There are 8 computers connected to it, each with Outlook. What we would really, really like, is to have just 1 Contacts List which is accessable to all users via Outlook. Preferably, this list would live on the server. Thanks - Dave. Is the server Exchange server? If not, is it configured for LDAP? If the answer to both is No, then you would need a 3rd party program to share contacts. See http://www.slipstick.com/OUTLOOK/share.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

remove Fax from address book?

copy group list
I have a copied group e-mail list in a word document. I want to recreate this list in outlook without entering each individual detail. Can I do this and if so, how? Clarify what you mean. Do you mean a Distribution List? If so, you should have transferred the DL directly. You cannot create a DL from a Word document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Laurie P" <Laurie P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8247649-5D89-4C36-8E09-6F9E8A154B5B@microsoft.com... >I have a copied group e-mail list in a word document. I want to recreate >this > list in ...

Distro list mail acceptance
How can i make my distribution lists not to accept emails from outside the company email addresses? If you are running Exchange 2003, you can click a checkbox on the Exchange General property (I think) page that tells it not to accept mail from anonymous connections. Otherwise, you have to put in a list of authorized senders. You could create a DL of your internal users, then put that in the list of people that are allowed to send to that DL. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsof...

Removing an item from menu

Help on how to select one formula from a list of formulae
Tricky question, not sure if it's possible withou the use of a macro. What I want to do is have a list of formula in a table, eg numbered 1 - 10. I then want a cell to be able to take one of these formulae, and apply it to figures local to it. I want to be able to alternate which formula is looked up dynamically. Vlookup doesnt work as the formula are imported exactly as-is. I cant get indirect working with this as it imports 'text' only. Anybody have any other ideas how to do this. Cheers for any help Not sure if I understand you correctly but it seems like something that the...

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub