REMINDERS BASED ON THE DATE

I USE EXCEL WORKSHEET TO MAINTAIN EMPLOYEES VISA EXPIRY, LICENSE EXPIRY ETC.
WILL ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A FORMULAE TO USE THE EXPIRY DATE COLUMN TO
REMIND ME AND SEND SOME KIND OF REMINDERS ?
0
ilyas (6)

try conditional format (if cell value >=today() make it (for example ) the
cell red
copy this conitional format(by using format brush) to all the cells down the
column

"ILYAS" <ILYAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I USE EXCEL WORKSHEET TO MAINTAIN EMPLOYEES VISA EXPIRY, LICENSE EXPIRY
ETC.
> WILL ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A FORMULAE TO USE THE EXPIRY DATE COLUMN
> REMIND ME AND SEND SOME KIND OF REMINDERS ?

Ilyas

Assuming you wish to remind employees 7 days before expiry,
and that the expiry date is in E3.

In E3 > Format > Conditional Formatting >
Condition 1,  Formula is: =IF(E3>TODAY(),TRUE)  (Format black font)
Condition 2,  Formula is: =IF(E3>TODAY()-7,TRUE)  (Format red font)
Copy down using the Format painter, as far as needed.

The above example will give you a 7 day 'window', in which the date
will be red colour. If you wish to have more of a window, adjust the
value in Condition 2.

Please turn off your CAPS lock!

George Gee

ILYAS wrote:
> I USE EXCEL WORKSHEET TO MAINTAIN EMPLOYEES VISA EXPIRY, LICENSE
> EXPIRY ETC. WILL ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A FORMULAE TO USE THE
> EXPIRY DATE COLUMN TO REMIND ME AND SEND SOME KIND OF REMINDERS ?

0
georgegee (154)

set up recurring (15-min) reminders
Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. We want the ability to turn an Outlook reminder on or off every day, depending on whether the librarian is on the public service desk or not. -- ChrisC "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C6BD-0D1E-47BC-B2E7-9DAA1F25AB06@microsoft.com... > Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk > every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. W...

Reminder for Acitivities
Hi, Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? Thanks. Tony When using the Web CLIENT, the activities that are due show up on the HOME Page.. but no pop up messages can be used using the browser client.. If you use the SFO, i believe it would have the pop ups because it'll integrate as part of Outlook's regular appointments >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? >Thanks. > > >Tony >. > Again, I thought so. Mark, do you know whether web reminder will be add...

Change date formatting
I have a spreadsheet that has a column of dates and a column of numbers. The dates are entered as mm/dd/yy (01/01/03), but I have formatted the dates so they appear as mmm-yy (Jan-03). The problem I'm having is I want to create a pivot table that summarizes the information by month & year (Jan-03), but because the original data included the actual date, the pivot table has multiple entries for each month & year combination. (For January alone, I have 73 different entries - I just want one sum for January instead). Is there a way to change the format of the original dates, so Exc...

Reminders out of control
Crossposted to outlook.calendaring. Here is my problem: SYSTEM: -w2k, sp4 -outloook 2000, fully updated -several email accounts POSSIBLE CAUSE: -I copied the outlook.pst and then replaced the original with the copy, to make a defrag work better. I have done this trick many times with no problems. I check the bit count each time I do it. Everything seemed fine. Defrag went fine, no errors. SYMPTOMS: -about five zillion reminders pop up when I start outlook. -I now have reminders for everything, where it used to be just for scheduled appointments. Every new email gets a reminder. -I can&...

format based calculations
I have a spreadsheet to which I've added several rows of event driven information. All input to this spreadsheet is vital and will not be deleted. However, based on certain events, the running totals must be updated. I have added formuls to calculate the running totals, and would like to subtract (or exclude) from those totals whenever I highlight certain cells in the spread. Is this possible? If so how would I accomplish it? Thanks. Take a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <el40sCXdDHA.1772@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ridimz" <ridimz@...

time based calendar editing
am wondering how i can get the functionality to do time based calendar editing with outlook and exchange. We want to be able to create a calendar which is only edited by one person and has a small handfull of people set as reviewer. The person set as editor can only edit during certain times of day but cannot edit during other times of the day. We tried blocking off a section of time, as an appointment, in outlook and marked it as busy. That will stop items sent as meeting requests but won't stop the editor from opening up the resource calendar directly and placing another appo...

Fixed Asset Retirement date error
Hi all, I get this message when I try to retire one asset: "Retirement Date must be in or before the current fiscal year for any book." The Corporate book is current year, but the tax books (Federal, AMT, ACRS) are still on previous year as our tax accountants are not done with the tax returns yet. Do I have to wait to retire until ALL my books have the Year End Process routine completed for all books? Thanks, ...

Reminders #16
I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Larry H., you wrote on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:25:21 -0600: > I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the > Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Start Outlook once with the parameter /cleanreminders Start | Run | outlook.exe /cleanreminders -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Hi Christian, I went to Start | Run and typed in outlook.exe/cleanreminders which opened Outlook. From...

Publisher 2003 Change date range and carry over special days
I want to change the date range on my publisher calendar to the next year, however; the days I have marked as special days, i.e. Grandkids birthdays, 4th, of July, these are all lost when you change the date range. Do you know how to make those special days carry over once the date range has been changed to the new year? I always use text boxes for holidays and special days. After the date range change it is simple to re-position the text boxes. I know this isn't any help. Calendars are simple tables, easy to tab through to change the date. High-light your text, drag t...

Pivot table group dates
I have a pivot table based on a medium sized set of data (5500 rows). In the left column of the pivot table I have regular dates wich gives me almost the same number of row in the pivot table. When I try to group the date field, I get the error message "Cannot group that selection". I have no blanks in the field of date. On some other similar pivot tables it work but for some reason not this one... What causes this and how do I get past it? Thanks in advance, RDW Do you have any text in that field? Are you sure the range you used to build the pivottable didn't go past wha...

create dropdown based on all people Not selectedyet to work onWork
I have a dropdown based on all employee. Once the person is Scheduled to work on a given Workdate (of the record I am Sitting on ) field Name is workdate I would like that name to be eliminated from the dropdown when to new workdate- would LIke drop down to show All People Not scheduled yet for that Given record(workdate that is active) I am seting up a query (recordset) for the dropdown but not sure what to put in the criteria for workdate <>[workdate] get No records or do I reference the Control on the subform the??? me!subformname??? not sure of correct syntax?...

consolidating data by date
Sheet 1 is for Store 1. In column A I have dates, in column B I have profits. Sheet 2 is for Store 2 with the same data as Sheet 1. However, there is not necessarily an entry on every date. For example, Store 1 could have entries on 1/1, 1/2, 1/5. Store 2 could have entries on 1/1, 1/3, 1/5. How can I consolidate the data from these two sheets into one to look like this: 1/1 Store A profit Store B profit 1/2 Store A profit 1/3 Store B profit 1/5 Store A profit Store B profit So basically, I would want to consolidate the dates in colum...

Reminder not popping up reminder window
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347096123_764024 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use two displays with my MacBook Pro and I use the external display as the main monitor with my dock,etc. and I want to setup my reminders to pop-up on the laptop screen so they stand out more. Currently, the only ways I can use reminders is: * To have the window always displayed on the external monitor which makes it hard to s...

date time picker control
Dear Sir, I am facing one strange problem. I put two instances of date time picker control in a dialog, when I run the application they are working properly but when I debug I am getting debug assertion in the following piece of code. BOOL CDateTimeCtrl::GetTime(COleDateTime& timeDest) const { SYSTEMTIME sysTime; BOOL bRetVal = TRUE; LRESULT result = ::SendMessage(m_hWnd, DTM_GETSYSTEMTIME, 0, (LPARAM) &sysTime); if (result == GDT_VALID) { timeDest = COleDateTime(sysTime); bRetVal = TRUE; ASSERT(timeDest.GetStatus() == COleDateTime::valid); } else if (result == GDT_N...

Macro to Clear Cell Contents based on Cell Value in another Sheet
Sorry for the Newbie question but....... How do I create a macro to clear the contents of cells in one worksheet based on the value of a cell in another worksheet? For example: on SHEET 1 the value of cell A1 can be Yes or No. If A1 = "Yes" then I want to clear the values in cell range A1:C5 of SHEET 2, if "No" then don't clear the values. Thanks in advance. Option Explicit sub testme() dim rng1 as range dim rng2 as range set rng1 = worksheets("sheet1").range("a1") set rng2 = worksheets("sheet2").range("a1:c5") ...

Reminders #23
I have Outlook 2007. Is there any way to have my reminders work without opening Outlook? Mike D. Mike Dobony, you wrote on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:19:49 -0500: > Is there any way to have my reminders work without opening Outlook? Nope! -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Day and Date Autofill
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2007 I want to autofill Column A with day and date information. I only want Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. When I enter the day and date for Tuesday in A1 and for Wednesday in A2 and for Thursday in A3, I don't seem to be able to repeat that pattern. Selecting those three cells and then using the autofill handle give me one of two results, neither of which is what I want. I either get the same three day and dates repeated (instead of getting the subsequent week's date information) or I get the rest of the week filled in (Friday, Saturday, S...

Final Reminder
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

How to parse the date of a date serial..ex 28 out of 7/28/2004 23:12:00
Guyz how can i parse out only the "date" from a date serial in VBA ? for eg : SomeFunction(7/28/2004 23:12:00) gives me the number 28 thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I assume you meant day instead of date by your example. If so, use: Dim i as Integer Dim dat as Date dat = "7/28/2004 23:12:00" i = Day(dat) MsgBox i It should give 28 as an answer. You can also use it in a cell using: =Day(A1) Where A1 is a date. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com keeni thanks a ton you have been a great help god bless you :) sorab -...

reminders on appointments
We have a workflow set up that creates appointments for certain users and puts these appointments into their Outlook. However, we have noticed that it is not setting the reminder, although the user has a default reminder set for 15 minutes. However, if we manually create an appointment in CRM, when it comes over to Outlook, it has the 15 minute reminder. Has anyone seen this issue before? On 16 Set, 17:07, Jeanenne <Jeane...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a workflow set up that creates appointments for certain users and > puts these appointments into their Outloo...

Reminders stopped reminding
We have Exchange 2003 with OL2003 clients for everybody. Everybody works in direct mode except those who have laptops and connect from home, on the laptop they have cached mode. The problem is indifferently on the cached mode or direct mode users. For the past few months I am having the same problem over and over again. Reminders stop showing up. It started with one user then 3 users and now half the company. I looked on the forums and various websites and the only solution I found was to run with the /cleanreminders switch. It works for approximately 24 hours and then again reminders stop...

Access Query w/ Unix Date Criteria
I have a pass through query that pulls information from an oracle datasource. I need to be able to set a date critera for a field in my query. For Example I want to only pull data where RES_DATE is greater than 12/01/2003. The RES_DATE field type is some unix time (example- 1072881348) I have tried just setting normal data critera in the access query but it doesnt like the format. Does anybody know how to set this type of criteria? Any help is appreciated-Corey The Unix Date is the number of seconds since January 1st, 1970. To convert from a regular date to a Unix date, use DateDiff(&q...

Counting contents for Saturday dates within a range
I am trying to find all Saturdays within a range(on row 14), and if a Saturday is detected, then I would like to add the values in the corresponding row for the Saturday only dates(available in row 16). After going through the date range, and the total sum is zero, then I would like to return false. I also am trying to avoid doing this via a macro as it should be automatically re-calculated if a cell changes. Currently I have the cell formatted as follows that will provide a true or false response, if any Saturday is detected with values in the corresponding row. I created an IsSaturday fun...

Where is reminder file?
While installing an add-in reminder file (Reminder Manager) I had some trouble and had to uninstall my existing add-in program, Extended Reminder, and then ultimately uninstall the Reminder Manager. Unfortunately it deleted all of my existing reminders (30 in all). I need these reminders. I had all these reminders on my lap top though. Is there a file on the lap top that I can simply copy over to my desktop and reinstall all those reminders? Thanks, Craig Hi Craig, Outlook processes Reminders from a special folder in your mailbox called the Reminders Folder. This folder is contained ins...

Copy value according to date
Hi, i have date from 01/01/10 in cell A. In Cell E mixed up dates with values in cell F. I want value from cell F copied to cell b when date in cell A and date in cell B match. please help A B E F 01/01/2010 02/01/2010 20 02/01/2010 12/01/2010 36 03/01/2010 13/01/2010 28 04/01/2010 18/01/2010 17 05/01/2010 20/01/2010 49 06/01/2010 22/01/2010 100 07/01/2010 31/01/2010 183 08/01/2010 02/02/2010 24 09/01/2010 04/02/2010 3746 10/01/2010 11/02/2010 292 11/01/2010 15/02/2010 3837 12/01/2010 ...