Refresh existing data when changed in data validation list

I want to refresh my existing values when i change the data validation list .
Is it possible??? For example if my list contained message1 and i changed it
to message2 , the changed should be reflected whereever i had selected
message1 from the list
0
girl (27)

Problem Girl,

Why not select the entire sheet, and to a global replace of Message1 with
Message2?  That should change the values both in your data validation list
(use a worksheet range for that rather than a typed-in list from the DV
dialog) and it will work. Excel ignores changes made to cells with DV when
they are made through the replace dialog.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"problem girl" <problem girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to refresh my existing values when i change the data validation list
>.
> Is it possible??? For example if my list contained message1 and i changed
> it
> to message2 , the changed should be reflected whereever i had selected
> message1 from the list

0
Bernie

POP3/IMAP co-existence problem

Integration manager, GP9.0, data from tables???
Here's the situation: Using GP9.0 and need to import sales through SOP. I created a gateway between the company proprietary systems and GP 9.0 using Access 2003. The data is created and stored in tables I created in the appropriate company databases. Its easy in Access to connect to the appropriate company using RegisterGlobals9. How can I get IM to mimic that so I can create the three data sources I need to make the SOP integration work? One option is to dump the tables to CSV and use them to integrate but that appears to be plagued by a rounding problem (specifically, the MS ...

Could a Windows Explorer crash end up corrupting data?
Using Windows Explorer, I moved several gigabytes of data from my hard drive to a USB drive. Then later in the day, Windows Explorer crashed - it said something like "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and it also mentioned the possibility of losing data. I know that sometimes when you copy stuff to a USB drive, not all the data will get copied immediately, due to caching, and that's why you need to click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon before you unplug the drive. I never clicked on that after I moved my files, because I just ...

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

Changing Language settings on Clients inbox and sent items
A while ago we had a major exchange issue which ended up with us creating a new exchange server and moving all our clients mailboxes (around 3500) of them from old server to new. Some of our clients were overseas at the time and have reported that thier inbox and sent items folder names are in the language of whatever country they were in at the time and remain that way after returning home. Is thier a simple way of altering the folder names to the correct language settings for our locality? Answers by email as well as posting to group please Thanks ...

FORMATTING THE DATA SERIES
Hello, How can I set the line and marker options to default to "AUTOMATIC" instead of "CUSTOM" in the FORMAT DATA SERIES - PATTERNS option? Thanks. :-) Hey Consuelo - That means you have a default chart type defined that uses customized patterns. You have two options: 1. Go to Chart Type on the Chart menu, click on the Custom Types tab, select the User Defined option, click on Default under Chart Type, and click the Delete button. This resets to the original default chart type, a clustered column chart. 2. Make a chart as usual (which uses the current default) ...

First Data on Vital Setup
Looking for Referral Partners to share residual income on credit card processing. We can setup built-in VITAL support for credit card processing. email cardservice@FDISChiTown.com -- Chinatown2.net ...

Data Encryption for SSN (Vendor & Employee Cards)
Does Microsoft Dynamics GP (or any third party add-on solution) offer a data encryption solution for the SSN values held in the Vendor Cards and Employee Cards tables? Will, Are you trying to prevent users from seeing it on the windows or at the database level? For the windows, you could use Modifier to mark the SSN field as "Password", which will then display an X in place of the data. At the SQL level you would need to write a trigger to encrypt the data as it is saved to the database. The issue will be unencrypting the data as it pulled from the database either...

inverting data
I'm wondering if it's possible to invert data so that what is up at th top will now be at the bottom and what is at the bottom will now be u at the top. This would be easy if I had only a few rows o information, but I have hundreds. Thanks in advance. -- Isaa -- I Maycott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I Maycotte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3560 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55988 You can temporarily add a 'helper' column next to your column of...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

Allow users to change AD properties i.e. phone number using Outloo
All my users use Outlook as their Exhange 2003 client. Is it possible to give them permissions to change account attributes such as phone number using Outllook? -- jj - Users can modify from the Search applet on the Start menu in Windows (after you delegate the right to modify specific properties to Self as outlined in following KB) - Check out GAL Modify in the reskit http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272198 - 3rd party web-based tools like webdir from emanami (http://www.imanami.com/products/webdir/) or AD White Pages from The Dot Net Factory (http://www.thedotnetfactory.com/). - rD...

Data Validation Input Message Size
There is a limit to the size of the input message box that appears whe you click on the cell with a data validation list. I'm not talkin about the message itself (thats limited too, but thats not th problem). I have 20 items listed in my Input message box but when yo view the list it cuts off the last 9. Is there a way to change the size of the box -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The input message can be up to 255 characters, but will only display about 10 rows of text. Instead of a single column, you could enter your items separated by commas, or spaces. Kevlar <...

Java Script
hi All I have a lookup field on the form called parent account (standard crm field) I want another field called subaccount type = bit to be updates to yes when an account is selected in the parent account lookup. not sure how to go about this. I dont know what syntax to use i have tried - code from Michael Holne's website if ( (window.opener != null) && (window.opener.parent != null) && (window.opener.parent.document != null) && (window.opener.parent.document.crmForm != null)) { //This is the opportunity form var parentForm = wind...

sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist
I'm always getting this error message, when i try to send an email via outlook: <server.domain #5.5.0 smtp;550 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)> Does anybody know a resolution?? The settings of the smtp-connector are all right. -Steven "Steven" <spdi-aoe@diakonie-traunstein.de> wrote: >I'm always getting this error message, when i try to send an email via >outlook: > ><server.domain #5.5.0 smtp;550 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist >(#5.7.1)> > >Does anybody know a resolution?? Your DNS probably ...

Linking the data from one excel to another
Suppose i have two excel named "Reference Sheet" and "Data Sheet". And I am entering my day to day datas in the excel "Data Sheet" in cell A1-A25 line by line and data by data. I want the same data which I entered in "Data sheet" in the "Reference sheet" without i manual entering the data in it. Eg: Data in Cell A4 of "Data Sheet" should be populated in Cell A4 of "Reference Sheet". Please help me how to link one excel datas with an another excel. Goo morning MrBalaje This formula will do the trick: =ReferenceShe...

Count cells for certian data
Hi guy's i have a spreadsheet with a column that can contain an F or COL. I want to count how many of each I have and display the info in another cell. Would anyone know how to do this using a formula/function? Thanks for any help. Say the column containing the data was Column A, then try these in a cell in any other column: =Countif(A:A,"F") =Countif(A:A,"COL") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------...

Scoring a complicated validated tool for outcomes research
Hello! I'm a n00b at Access and trying to learn by doing. I have a very specific task I'm trying to accomplish and it's very complicated (to me, at least). I'm hoping this is one of those "oh, but the solution is so simple!" things that you just can't know as a neophyte. I'm trying to build an outcomes research database that uses the scores from validated severity measurement tools at different points in care (pre-treatment, post-surgery, post-PT). One of the tools uses a matrix with two different values for each of 20 squares, with no pattern to the values. ...

How to add a virtual SMTP in an existing SMTP
Hi, Im using exchange 2003, i need to add virtual SMTP in the existing one, Any idea? Raj. Dear Rajkumar, it is simple, here are the steps: How to Create an Additional SMTP Virtual Server In most cases, you only need one SMTP virtual server. However, in certain situations (if you host multiple domains and want to have more than one default domain, for example) you can create multiple SMTP virtual servers. When you create an SMTP virtual server, a home directory is automatically created in the Exchange Server MDBData folder. To create an additional SMTP virtual server: 1. Click...

Where is WriteProfileString data stored?
I have an application which at one point needs to delete a profile string created with Declare Function WriteProfileStringA% Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal lpAppName$, ByVal lpKeyName$, ByVal lpString$) WriteProfileString(AppName, KeyName, "Some Value") Web searches indicated that the call: WriteProfileString(AppName, KeyName, 0&) Would remove the value. I would like to verify that the value actuall was removed. In the old days, the data from WriteProfileString ended up in ..ini files. The help page says that this data is stored in the registry, althou...

Change the deliver default time
Hi, Often I prepare messages at night, to send them at 07:00 in the morning. However, when I go to "Options" -> "Don't deliver before..." the default time is 17:00 h. How can I change this default time to 07:00 h? Thanks, Santista Not possible AFAIK -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Santista" <santistas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e5tNNS4TEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Often I prepare mess...

Different GP logins affecting data in different ways
We have an issue where User A creates a PO in Company X. Any user enters a Shipment and posts. The PO status and PO Line status now says "Received." User B creates a PO in Company X. Any user enters a shipment and posts. The PO STatus and PO Line status says "Released". I have found a couple more users that behave correctly (ie as User A), but have found a couple users that behave as User B (ie totally and completely wrong). How can a GP user control the way data is populated in a table? Is that not a stored procedure that is run that does this? Should the Use...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Combination Graph with multiple data points
I am trying to create graph that has market areas (x-axis), brands (y-axis) and one data set in columns for actual price and a line for budget price. Is this possible? What is the best way to do this? Thanks! Sabina And which axis will your prices go on? I would try this with different groupings of brands within markets or markets within brands on the category axis, with different series for actual and budget. The preliminary charts would show me how I really need to build the "real" charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier...

How 2 sort an autosum total list after adding items 2 autosum item
Am using detail dollar amount list to insert new transactions in the middle of a the detail list, and they in turn get included in the 'autosum' total calc which is located in another item total summary list in the same workbook. If we try to sort the autosum total summary list, the autosum totals seem to loose their connection with the detail autosum calc list. Is there anyway to keep this connection, ie be able to add items into the detail autosum calc lists, and then sort the autosum summary totals ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003...

List of known File Types for Office Applications
Greetings, As per my post here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsto/thread/5bb16f8a-deec-4a39-96cc-3631ae98059f I'm trying to find a way of getting a list of known file extensions (in string format) for various Office applications. For example, if my plugin is running in Word, i'd like to get all the known file types: "docx", "doc", etc. Anyone have any insight? KPD explained on 12/15/2009 : > Greetings, > > As per my post here: > http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsto/thread/5bb16f8a-deec-4a39-96cc-3631a...