Recovering replacement file

Is it possible to recover a file that was replaced?  I deleted a document,
went to the trashcan and hit recover, then realized I replaced it over the
CORRECT document, is there any way to recover this or am I screwed?  It was
15 excel pages!!! HELP!!!
0
Reen1176 (5)

Hi Reen,
Unless you have a backup you cannot recover it sorry

"Reen" wrote:

> Is it possible to recover a file that was replaced?  I deleted a document,
> went to the trashcan and hit recover, then realized I replaced it over the
> CORRECT document, is there any way to recover this or am I screwed?  It was
> 15 excel pages!!! HELP!!!
0
Eduardo (134)
4/24/2009 2:57:03 PM
Thank you anyway, I appreciate your time.

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi Reen,
> Unless you have a backup you cannot recover it sorry
>
> "Reen" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to recover a file that was replaced?  I deleted a document,
> > went to the trashcan and hit recover, then realized I replaced it over the
> > CORRECT document, is there any way to recover this or am I screwed?  It was
> > 15 excel pages!!! HELP!!!
0
Reen1176 (5)

Due Date of Replacement RTV PO's
the due date on replacement RTV po's defualts to the entry date instead of a realistic due date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0dbb3d55-c1c2-4bc7-ac2...

Linking Word and Publisher files
Hi, Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word, Publisher and Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in each program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each separate program updated when I make one new save? -- Frankly Speaking Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D024A22-8FFF-421D-9C86-E825E1...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

File Locked for Editting.
We have a network running on server 2003, client machines are all Windows XP SP1. I have a user that consistently when opening .xls files that are stored on the server, gets the popup message, <filename> is locked for editting by 'user'. The odd thing is, the 'user' is the user that is opening that file.. and she does not have it open allready. Also, the open and close time of her files are a lot slower than they should be. Any ideas? Justin One possible cause....... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *....

Drag and Drop from 2007 Excel and Word File Open and File Save win
One one of our Windows XP SPK3 computers were running Office 2007. When ever your using Word or Excel and you use either the File Open or File Save commands and the Windowed Dialog Box appears with your file and folder listings it will not let you move or drag and drop a file from one location to another. Lets say you have 3 Sub Folders in My Documents ( Folder 1, Folder 2 and Folder 3 each containing files.) You notice while in the File / Open or File / Save Dialog Box window that their are several files which currently reside in the My Documents folder but should be in say ...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Find/Replace problem that I *thought* was simple?
Hello all =] I have run into a problem that I thought would not be one... ok.. I have to generate transcripts for some conference attendees. I have a spreadsheet with over 1,000 people on it, and every person could have taken as little as 1 course to up to 11 courses (out of about 70 different courses). At the conference, each attendee swiped their badge upon entry to the room into a PDA. After attendance was done, the PDA's were retuned, docked, and exported the attendee info into Excel by session. My plan was to create merged document in Word using the Excel sheet as the data source....

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file
Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product. Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product & each of the 6 years. At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1. Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions...

convert 2002 Money file to 2008 Money file
I have a new Windows 7 computer and have moved my 2002 Money file from my old computer to My Documents on the new computer. I have downloaded a trial version of Money Essentials (2008) thinking I could convert my 2002 Money file to a 2008 Money file before converting the 2008 Money file to a Quicken file. However, when I try to open my 2002 Money file in Money Essentials I get the message "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." I had understood that it should have been able to open the file. How do I convert my Money 2002 file to a...

Opening multiple files separately
When opening multiple excel files they used to all open in separate versions of Excel which was great because then I could easily Alt-Tab between them. Now all of a sudden when ever I open new excel files by double clicking the name they open in the same Excel program but as a separate window. This is a real pain because it's hard to cycle through them and they keep minimizing whenever I maximize another one. I haven't changed any settings that I know of, is there a way to get each file to open separately again? -- pjyelton -------------------------------------------------------...

replaced exchange with POP/SMTP
Our company has downsized significantly and replaced our Exchange Server with a POP/SMTP service. We are having problems sending internally since the Exchange server is offline. I have reviewed all of the settings and the test account messages work. I can send to external addresses fine. DNS looks okay. It seems like it is trying to use the old internal aliases/usernames. for example RICWET instead of rich.wethington@mhafc.com. Thanks, Rich Did you remove the exchange acct from the profile? You'll also need to remove the nk2 file (autocomplete cache) and will nee...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Can't view files with latest beta refresh
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Fabman wrote: > I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word > and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I > read somewhere tha...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

The sheet path file name ?
Hi all , How can i edit in a cell a formula to retrieve the whole path of th sheet and not only the file ! Thank you veru much -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48453 If you can use a UDF in your workbook then you could use one like so Function FullPath() As String Application.Volatile True FullPath = ThisWorkbook.FullName End Function -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Sout...

File Locked for editing--not
A user has a file that shows a dialog claiming that the file is "locked for editing" and you can open read-only or elect to get notified when it is closed. But the person who supposedly has it open is himself! We logged off and on and still the problem persists. How does Excel lock files? How can it be overidden? -mjm Maybe this from Debra Dalgleish's site will help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly mike montagne wrote: > > A user has a file that shows a dialog claiming that the file is "locked > for editing" and you can open read...

replacement disk
I need to know how to get a copy of office professional 2000 - the disk #1 is cracked. I want to reinstall outlook and can't. I cannot buy one because of the new 2003 edition. We have a liscence for 18 of our computers and no way to install it. can anyone tell me where to ask for help??????? Call Microsoft Product Support Services. MAke sure you have your Product ID handy. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "wynndy_s (takethisout) @yahoo.com" <an...

Can not open exported Excel file
Hi all, Problem - I can not programmatically open an Excel file, exported by MS CRM. Description - I have created a view for contacts. I can export the resultant records in an Excel file. Now, I have another web application (VB.Net) which opens the Excel file to get the CRM contacts data. I have used following code to open the excel file /////////////// Code ////////// Dim strConnectionString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & strFilePath & "; Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;" 'Open Connection con = New OleDbConnection(strConnecti...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...