Record recording

I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual
record.
Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the
first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and
then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent
work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate
VLOOKUP for this but to no avail.
Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated.

--
cdixon
cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28924

Hi

Rather than copying the data out to another sheet, why not just use Autofilter?
Mark the column headings.
Data>Filter>Autofilter>use the dropdown on Employees Name to bring up a list
of just his/her work orders.

Regards

Roger Govier

cdixon wrote:
> I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual
> record.
> Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the
> first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and
> then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent
> work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate
> VLOOKUP for this but to no avail.
> Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated.

0
roger1272 (620)
11/20/2005 4:21:42 PM
One play to automate it using non-array formulas ..

Sample construct at:
http://cjoint.com/?lvcsEIj7mP
AutoPlaceData_BySheetName__WorkOrder_By_Staff.xls

Assume the master list is in sheet: Master
in cols A to C, headers in row1, data from row2 down

WorkOrd# AssignedTo WO_Desc
1111 Staff1 Descr1
1112 Staff3 Descr2
1113 Staff2 Descr3
1114 Staff4 Descr4
etc

Using empty cols to the right of the data, say cols K onwards
List the staff names in K1, L1 across: Staff1, Staff2, etc
Put in K2: =IF($B2=K$1,ROW(),"")
Copy K2 across to N2, fill down to say, N10
to cover the max expected source data range

Click Insert > Name > Define
Put under "Names in workbook:":   WSN
Put in the "Refers to:" box:
=MID(CELL("Filename",INDIRECT("A1")),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",INDIRECT("A1")
 ))+1,32)
Click OK
(The above defines WSN as a name we can use to refer to the sheetname in
formulas. It will auto-extract the sheetname implicitly. Technique came from
a post by Harlan.)

In a new sheet named: Staff1
With the same col headers in A1:C1, viz.:
WorkOrd#, AssignedTo, WO_Desc

Put in A2:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(OFFSET(Master!$J:$J,,MATCH(WSN,Master!$K$1:$IV$1,0)),ROWS(
$A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(Master!A:A,MATCH(SMALL(OFFSET(Master!$J:$J,,MATCH(WSN,Ma
ster!$K$1:$IV$1,0)),ROWS($A$1:A1)),OFFSET(Master!$J:$J,,MATCH(WSN,Master!$K$
1:$IV$1,0)),0)))

Copy A2 across to C2, fill down to C10
(cover the same range size as was done in "Master"' cols K, etc)

Cols A to C will auto-return only the lines for: Staff1
from "Master", with all results neatly bunched at the top

Now, just make a copy of the sheet: Staff1, rename it as: Staff2,
and you'd get the extracted results for Staff2.

Repeat the sheet copy & rename as required
to obtain the specifics for Staff3, Staff4, etc.

Records updated in "Master' will auto-reflect in each staffs' sheet

Adapt to suit ..
--
Rgds
Max

> I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual
> record.
> Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the
> first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and
> then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent
> work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate
> VLOOKUP for this but to no avail.
> Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> cdixon
> cdixon's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28924
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486666

0
demechanik (4694)

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

What determines the order in which records are viewed
Hi all What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table If I import data or create a new table from a query regards, Garry ...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...

Database Deleting Record Problem
Just launched a new database. Using an Autonumber field to generate document numbers (sequence is not important - just need a unique identifier). There are a number of fields that are required fields based on an option group selection. Problem; If all required fields (they are required fields programmatically) are not completed and you attempt to exit the form, a message box appears asking " Do you want to save changes". If you say "Yes" the form closes, does not save, and the record is deleted - but users are not aware of this deletion - and they think the recor...

Recording last modification of records
I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? If so,how? Something like this can give you the network login name. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "splitz" wrote: > I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to > a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? > If so,how? ...

Report Not Showing All Records
Dear All, I Have a Report that Shows all the records in a Table, at the moment the table hold 200 Records. but the report which is related to the table, is only displaying 32 pages, with the one record on the last page. the report is only showing 160 Records, What would cause the report to exclude the other 40 Records? Theres no filters set or anything. Any one got any suggestions? Regards Dan ...

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

Button to go to a specific record in a form
Hello, I have two forms. I need to use a command button to go to a second form's specific record. a. In the wizard, when it is time to chose the fields to match, there is nothing in the left side of the screen. b. How do I do this in code. Thnaks for all of your help. Joe In the Click event of the command button, use the primary key field of the record you want to open in the second form in the OpenForm Where argument. This is a good example in VBA Help. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Joe C" wrote: > Hello, > > I have two forms. I need to use a c...

Accessing current record
What is the syntax for referring to the underlying record that a form is currently displaying? In other words, I would like to make a change to an attribute of a record that is being displayed when a user clicks a button. I believe the best way to do this is through modifying the VB code that underlies the onClick event, but I can't figure out how to reference the record that is being displayed in the current (or active) record. In this case, we're dealing with a boolean value (I realize that I could simply have the checkbox in the form, have the user check or uncheck the box, then s...

Records in a Custom Entity
Does anyone know if you are able to assign records within a new custom entity to a queue in CRM (V3.0) ?? I think that I can only assign the records to a user or myself...... Thanks, Ryan ...

What is the last event when moving from record to record?
What is the last event that fires when moving off of a record. It needs to give me access to the values of the controls in the record I am moving off of. Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?bXNjZXJ0aWZpZWQ=?= <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in news:1358FD7D-6CA4-42FC-8A2F-A83B85876300@microsoft.com: > What is the last event that fires when moving off of a record. It > needs to give me access to the values of the controls in the > record I am moving off of. Thanks. > There isn't ONE. If you move off a record that has not been edited, only viewed, then it's the OnCurrent event. If yo...

Multiple Records Into A Single Record...
I have about 800 records that look like this: id diag 0001 11.0 0001 4.56 0003 10.5 0003 41.7 0003 52.5 I want it to look like this: id diag1 diag2 diag3 0001 11.0 4.56 0003 10.5 41.7 52. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried using a pivot table? "aljordan >" wrote: > I have about 800 records that look like this: > > id diag > 0001 11.0 > 0001 4.56 > 0003 10.5 > 0003 41.7 > 0003 52.5 > > > I want it to look like this: > > id dia...

After entering 83 records unable to go on to next record
someone else set all the fields up for me as I'm not familiar with Access and I was just putting in the data, and got through to no. 84 and entered the data - when I tried to go to the next one a message came up saying 'The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again'. I haven't a clue - all I know is that this record was no di...

One record
Hi How can i make it so i only get one record on a page? regrads alvin Place a pagebreak in the detailsection under your fields... hth -- Maurice Ausum "alvin Kuiper" wrote: > Hi > How can i make it so i only get one record on a page? > > regrads > alvin > Or set the force new page property of the detail section to "After Section" or "Before Section" or even "Before and After Section" -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. ...

Record with longest entry
I know this may sound a little paculiar, but I need some help to write a query that will list the record that has the longest entry (textual length - Num chars) in a field. I have a table - tbl_contacts with 3 fields of interest - first_name, last_name, email I need to extract the first_name and last_name for the record with the longest email. How can I do this? Thank you. Try this -- SELECT TOP 1 first_name, last_name, email FROM tbl_contacts GROUP BY first_name, last_name, email ORDER BY Len([email]) DESC; -- Build a little, test a little. "QB&quo...