Real Newbie newbie question

Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I
take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night.
eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and
their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black! What setting
should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated.

---
David Scott
Hampshire, England

0
cadasco (20)

Wrong group. Sorry.......

--
---
David Scott
"Dave" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I
> take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at
> night. eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital
> cameras and their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black!
> What setting should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated.
>
> ---
> David Scott
> Hampshire, England

0
cadasco (20)

Office Outlook 2003 Questions
Hi, I just loaded my Verizon DSL account on a XP sp2 Pro PC w/ MS Office 2003, sp2. I'm using Outlook (not OE) to send/receive email and I configured it to link to OE as a news reader. and added a "News" button to the Outlook toolbar. However, by mistake I didn't add the News button to the Outlook Go menu button I addded it to the Toolbar just to the left of ther Go Button. At first it worked great I'd just click on the News button and it brought to screenn the newsgroups I had subscribed to.now when I click on the News button it brings up an Explorer window tha...

A plea for help from a newbie
X-No-archive: yes Hello Last year the remarkable Henrik Wendel on this newsgroup helped me write an excel macro and spreadsheet (well he wrote it really) which came in extremely useful for me. Basically it maps data against changes in a windows media file (c:\test.wmv) using the per second changes in the video to map the changes in the file. I could map the data using the slider on the media player. I've posted it here at http://teepee.100megsfree5.com/Henrik%20Wendel's%20file.xls so if you create such a video file and run the startitup macro you'll see exactly what I mean. A cl...

Exchange SP2 question
Is there any impact installing SP2 on a dedicated SMTP and Public Folder Exchange Servers without installing it on the rest of the Exhange Server? I plan to do the rest of the Exchange Servers about 1 month after I install it on the SMTP and Public Folder exchange Servers. There are no mailboxes on the SMTP or Public Folder Servers. thanks in advance There should not be any impact although running at two different SP levels for a month is probably not ideal. Any way you can shorten the difference. Nue RichardScott wrote: > Is there any impact installing SP2 on a dedicated SMTP a...

sorting question #11
I have 10 columns of data that I would like to sort together. Currentl when I sort excel only sorts the column I have selected, and the dat doesn't line up. Can you help me?:eek -- petevan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49620 First....Select all of your data THEN....Data>Sort.. That way all of the other columns' data will move with the sor column. Does that help? Regards, R...

Real Problem!
One of my users is getting Mail Delivery error messages saying that the message cannot be sent because the following address cannot be found. the users are mostly all@aol.com, but the thing is, she is not sending the messages. This sounds viral, or like spam, but I don't know how to solve it since the address that is sending the mail to the aol users has no mailbox associated with it. It's just a forward email address. Please help me. -- Wack ---- This message will self destruct. This is a little drastic, and would require the user to notify her external contacts, but you cou...

newbie -
I have to redirect lots of emails (inc. attachments) I recive in my inbox to a specific email address. I would like to add a "forward to a friend" button in Outlook (using VBA code). I couldn't find a sample that works. Please advise... Bsc.@yourService <Bsc.@yourService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to redirect lots of emails (inc. attachments) I recive in my > inbox to a specific email address. I would like to add a "forward to > a friend" button in Outlook (using VBA code). I couldn't find a > sample that works. Please advise....

Excel Table Question
I have a table of data, 3 columns Date Type Business Unit 01Jul 06 FAC NP 05 Jul 06 FAC BU5 11 Jul 06 MTC BU3 14 Aug 06 FAC BU3 16 Aug 06 MTC BU1 22 Aug 06 NWR NP 23 Aug 06 NWR NP 25 Aug 06 FAC BU1 etc. The output I want is a table for each Business Unit, as below BU1 FAC MTC NWR RWC LTC Total Jul 06 2 1 0 0 0 3 Aug 06 2 1 2 ...

Vlookup Question?
I have the names of golfers in B2:B50. I have their scores in C2:C50. In C52 I am using the "Min" Formula to return the lowest score for the week. In C53 I would like to return the the name that coincides with the lowest score. If there is a tie, I would like it to return the word "Roll Over". Thank you! -- gillemi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gillemi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33694 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=535506 =IF(COUNTI...

Is This Real?
Have you seen this yet? http://www.247AutomaticIncome.com ...

SBS 2003 exchange question
Hi All! I have this annoying problem on my new Small Business Server 2003 network... Outlook keeps asking me for username and password to log into the Echange. It would accept the information and the Outlook will work for a little while then go off-line again and again ask for the Username and Password. I don't get it... The User on the workstation is logged in on the domain and thinking logically Outlook should not be asking the same question about authentication if the machine is already authenticated. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks. In article <1136841359.138402.3610@g43g2000c...

Data Validation Question
I'm looking for a custom formula for data validation in a cell. The user is to be allowed to enter either Yes or No in accordance with the following logic: If (True, "No", Or("Yes", "No")) {If a condition is True, he can't do it; otherwise, he has a choice.} Respectfully submitted, Bob Myers You should have told us what the condition is. This will allow only No in B1 if the logical test is TRUE. If the logical test is FALSE then it will allow only Yes or No. =IF(logical_test,B1="No",OR(B1="Yes",B...

Report Zoom
This has got to be an easy question. I have an Access database that is shared between multiple users using Access 2000 through 2007. The most recent user I moved to Access 2007 is having a major problem with some reports fitting on the page. Instead of the report fitting on a Letter size paper it zooms in a lot and puts it on 12 pieces of paper. All you get is 1/12th of the report on each page and the foratting is all wrong. It's looks kind of like the Reading view in Word. I've checked magins, etc. and it all looks fine. It also works perfectly on every other machine. Th...

RMS Database Questions
We are working on a RMS project with some customization for data extraction and reporting. The data extraction and reporting mandates maximum number of characters for certain fields, such as ItemLookupCode, which cannot excede 14 characters. We are evaluating some of the possible options to meet this requirement. One of the possible solutions appears to be changing the field lengths in the RMS database tables. We have the following questions and appreciate your help if you have any answer for us. a) Is this a viable option? b) Can you resize any or all the columns? c) Can you extend...

shippingmethodcode and other questions
ok I can't belive I can't find an answer to this - either no one has ever changed it or it's so obvious I should just hang up my CRM boots now. On various pages eg invoice, there is a drop down that has shipping methods (DHL etc) Where do I change the values in that list? I have the same problem with Payment Terms and Freight Terms but I am hopping that once I can edit the shipping method drop down I will understand how the others work AND Why does an order have to have a name? the order number is more than enough for me (I am assuming I can make it an order number) but...

Real Estate Investment #3
The best opportunity in ages... for real estate investment. ...

Newbie: can't get a calculated value on the form?
I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I put a text box on the form from the query result field, but I get a "#Name" error instead of the result. When I run the query, I get the correct result. Help, please? Ed "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d1e7d27c-11d9-4696-8d19-4c5fdd9dbb89@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have > a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I p...

group-object formatting question
Hello there, one question on the formatting of the group-object output. Using dir | Get-Acl | ForEach-Object { $_.Access } | Group-Object IdentityReference I get a table with Count, Name and Group. Count Name Group ----- ---- ----- 9 predefines\Administr... {System.. 9 grpTP-FILES-IT-RW {System.Secur How can I access just the Name field of this output? Thanks very much, Uwe R2V0IHRoZSBwcm9wZXJ0eSB2YWx1ZSBmcm9tIGVhY2ggW01pY3Jvc29mdC5Qb3dlclNoZWxsLkNv bW1hbmRzLkdyb3VwSW5mb10NCg0KZGlyIHwgR2V0LU...

Real problems with DCount
I need to count the number of values in a column that have been recorded with the Yes/No tick box on the main form of my database So far, I have tried =DCount("*","[Table1]","[sleep risk]='true'") =DCount("*","[Table1]","[sleep risk]='yes'") and a few others that don't work either. Secondly, I also have to count a number of dates entered in a column [date fsmp sent] to give me the total number of date entries in that column that were witihn the last 90 days from Date(). I don't know if Date() or Now() is ...

modification questions
Does anyone know for sure if setting up modifications in the isv.config and web.config files before migrating data from siebel into crm will cause any problems? Every time I talk to someone at Microsoft they ask me if I've done any modifications....I need to make some modifications when I go live before I run the migration scripts. I just don't want it to cause any problems. Thanks, Jen Hi. I can't think of any reason why modifying these files would impact on data migration but logically I would have thought you would want to migrate the data first and then make the cha...

Question indirectly related to Money 2004/2005
Hi all, I've got a question that is indirectly related to Money 2004 onwards. I have designed a software application for recipes that has an interface similar to Money 2004+, in the following ways: 1. UI Layout is the same (ie, Menubar, toolbar, taskpad, main panel, help pane, etc) 2. A tabbed toolbar like Money 2005 is also included 3. Color scheme for the menubar is similar to Money 2004 4. The task-based homepage is the same as in Money 2004, and uses the same color scheme, style and layout. The html and css files of Money were used as a starting/learning point. I would also like to...

Question about thread priority class and level
The documentation about thread priorities is a bit counfusing see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/scheduling_priorities.asp What is the difference between a <empty> NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS, a background NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS and a foregound NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS? I guess that table could be a little misleading. Threads are either background or foreground as per http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndllpro/ht ml/msdn_winthr.asp The table uses those tags to show distinction between back and fore at that partic...

defrag question
Hi, -Exchange 2003 server I need to run edbutil to defrag my database offline and run integ to check the integrity. is it possible for me to move the database file to another server and run edbutil? the reason i need to do this is my hardware is unstable. i have another test exchange 2003 server which is a stable hardware. i want to do offline defrag first, bring it back to the original server, move all the log files, then run integrity check on it so i can move mailboxes to my new exchange server which is a stable hardware. thanks tony http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244525 On Fri, 2...

map real estate prices with google maps at HomePriceMaps.com
http://ww.HomePriceMaps.com integrates how much homes SOLD for nationwide using the google mapping technology. Simply select city and state from the city menu and click search. If you don't see data for your area simply email HomePriceMaps@gmail.com with your zipcode and or address and they'll update the site with your info and email you within a few days. ...

New class question
Hi, I have a A class derived from CWinThread , I want to create a new MFC class B derive from A class, what I need to do next? Thanks in advance! -ja > I have a A class derived from CWinThread , I want to create a new MFC > class B derive from A class, what I need to do next? > It will be same as what you did with CWinThread for class A. Something like: class B : public YourClassA { ... }; --- Ajay Ajay, thanks a lot! -ja "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> ??????:1156900782.576861.114590@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >> I have a A clas...

School question
True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a table. We don't typically answer school questions in these newsgroups, but even if we were going to, we generally like the question to be complete and make sense. -Scott "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79CEB83-12AC-4B88-8146-5ACED58279A2@microsoft.com... > True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a > table. Scott M. wrote: > > "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> w...