Reading text from text field.

Hi and Hello Everybody,
A very Good Morning to all the members.
Please help me in solving my query....

The requirement is to take just the contents/data (i.e. values) a
plain text. Store
the two columns information as text.. suppose, in excel file.

We have some "Topic names" and corresponding "values", shown in
text-fields coming in browser window.

If we give 'Select all' option under 'Edit' menu-option
in browser (Internet Explorer) window, the contents ofcourse get
copied.

Now If we, suppose, open blank sheet in Excel or a blank document i
word, and give
'paste' option from 'Edit' menu-option, or press ^V to paste,  the
what happens is..
All the contents get pasted and shows text-fields data as embedde
controls.

Else we have to highlight each text and value in text-field, copy i
separately and
then give paste command to retrieve. This process is ver
time-consuming when the data to be copied is from a very large numbe
of fields..

Is there any way to solve the query. There must be some utility o
macro-program
which accepts parameter as filename (containing texts & values i
text-fields),
number of columns etc..

One file can contain two columns, any other can have four columns
No.of columns may vary.

Pls. solve my doubt at an earliest.
Thanks in Advance.
Bye

--
am
amm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2701

wrapping text around another text box
My problem is this...I have two text boxes. I want to wrap one text box around the other text box but nothing seems to be working. What I want to do with the one to the left is make it into an "L" shape so that the box on the right simply fits in the empty space of the "L" to form basically a square. I have tried turning on all those text wrapping features with both boxes and cannot figure out for the life of me what is happening. I have a box drawn around the box on the right...don't know if that has something to do with it. I have tried removing it and sti...

Possible to globally set fields in messages views?
I have numerous folders and subfolders in my in-box. I now have Outlook 2003 on WinXP, formerly using Outlook 2000 on Win2k. In neither one can I find a way to either change the e-mail default fields once and for all (in which case I'd want one default for in-coming and another for out-going), or to change existing folders all at once (in which case I'd again want to set all in-box folders one way and all sent folders another way. Is there any way to do this? If so, how? Thanks. -- Bob Bob <xxxx@xxxxx.com> wrote: > I have numerous folders and subfolders in my in-box. I n...

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

Reading .wks file

File won't open as read only

Create Auto Text in Excel?
I want to be able to add the following function (=RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename ",A1),1))) into any excel sheet that I'm working on like you can do in Word with Auto Text insert. I think I should be able to do this with a macro but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Lee First, you can shorten the formula a bit and reduce the number of function calls by using =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32) XL doesn&...

converting results from formula to text in a new column
I have a column that I have a formula in. I want to take the results of the formula and copy it into a new column so I can copy it as text. Thanks. There is a little trick: Say A1 has =1+1 first format B1 as Text second select A1 and do a copy third select B1 and paste/special as value B1 will contain 2 as a piece of text. -- Gary's Student "nodotdak" wrote: > I have a column that I have a formula in. I want to take the results of the > formula and copy it into a new column so I can copy it as text. Thanks. thanks. it worked. "Gary''s Stude...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Word 2003, Select a block of text. How?
A word 2003 document where I want to select a 'block' of text in order to copy it in somewhere else. How do I mark such a 'block' ? -- ___________ Knut Willy I assume you know how to select text in general, so there are two possible interpretations of "block": 1. If you mean a large portion of text that requires scrolling the screen, click at one end of the desired selection, use the scroll bar to bring the other end in view, and Shift+click there. 2. If you mean a vertical column portion of a wider block of text, use Alt+drag to select i...

Series including text possible?
Is there a better way to create a "series" that is based on characters as well as digits than what I'm doing below? I created 3 columns. I put the text in one, the digits in the second that I could apply the series to, with the 3rd column holding a ":". But when I paste into the text file, I have tabs separating the 3 columsn where I was hoping for no space. So this here - NAQAHDAH 01 : NAQAHDAH 02 : NAQAHDAH 03 : should paste like this - NAQAHD6H01: NAQAHDAH02: NAQAHDAH03: NAQAHDAH04: NAQAHDAH05: NAQAHDAH06: NAQAHDAH07: NAQAHDAH08: NAQAHDAH09 Is there perhaps a w...

Paste Special as Text
I have a small program that drops text from a Word table into Excel using Paste Special as Text. Although Paste Special as Text should insert the contents of the clipboard as text without any formatting this does not appear to be happening as it did with Excel 2000 . Excel 2003 splits the data when it meets a New Line or Carriage Return and drops anything after it down to row below. Any ideas what is causing this behaviour Thanks for your assistance Phil ...

text running together
When I use a pulldown on a webpage, the text is not showing fully. It looks like the top word is running into the word below it. It looks like your trying to fit text into a too small space. Another example is when you look at a search box on a web page and the work "search" is already typed in it, it looks like the word "search" is showing the top half only. It's hard to explain. It takes a word such as microsoft and the bottom of the m and the i and the other letters are cut off. Also, when I try to print the page or if I try to print a document,...

scrolling text
is it possible to have scrolling text going across a spreadsheet like a screensaver until a button is pressed (or a short key)? please help thank you I thought that was a "given" with any mouse that had a wheel. Depress the wheel and see if you don't get a .four directional arrow icon. Move the mouse in the direction you wish to scroll. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "ash" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

reading confirmation

dates and text
How do I put dates from one cell and text from another into a single cell as 10sep03_GIT If the cell with the date is formatted as a date (and not text) you can use... A1: 9/10/2003 (formatted as a date) A2: _GIT (formatted as text) A3: =TEXT(A1,"ddmmmyy")&A2 (formatted as text) If the cell with the date is formatted as text you can use A1: 10sep03 (Formatted as text) A2: _GIT (Formatted as text) =A1&A2 (formatted as text) The reason I am clarifying it like this is I have never seen the date formatted like that. "karene" wrote: > How do I put dates...

Add field to Printed PO
Hi, I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I looked in customer source and did not find a new PO report that would work so I need to make the changes myself. Has any one added this to thier PO and is willing to share or could someone make a recommendation on how to change a copy of the original PO report to add the Quanitiy on Hand (and they haven't asked for it yet but I would be willing to bet that they will be asking for Qty committed next). Thanks, Laura Laura wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I loo...

Hyperlink display text maximum in Excel 2003
Every time I try to create a hyperlink of a cell (that contains a couple of sentences worth of text), I seem to reach the maximum allowed characters for the display text - and Excel cuts off the end of the paragraph. Hence, the the hyperlink is created, but I loose half the content of the cell. Any ideas? It looks like that text to display can be 255 characters. And the same thing holds for =hyperlink(link_location,Friendly_name) Friendly_name can be up to 255 characters--and if you point at another cell that contains a longer string, you'll get an error back. Maybe you could put t...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Include a button on toolbar to include/exclude original text when.
When replying/forwarding a message you must go to thru several screens to change your base setting or highlight and delete the message. Add an optional button that would allow you to include/exclude as each message is opened for reply/forwarding. ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Email Text in Reports
Does anyone know how I can get the Email Text (Activity Description for an Email) to display nicely in a Report or Advanced Find? As it is currently (with all the HTML tags) it is totaly useless. I saw a "suggestion" posted from 2006 to which Microsoft replied that they would look into it, but I am running CRM 4.0 and I can't seem to find that setting. Thanks. Hi, Unfortunately that feature didn't make it into CRM 4.0. What you can do, is to create a new attribute on the email entity and using a callout populate that field with the same value as the body text, but t...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...