Reading Numbers in Words

I need a formulae that can read figures in a specific cell e.g 123 and change
them into words (One Hundred Twenty Three)
--
tarig
0

Tarig, have a look here,

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a formulae that can read figures in a specific cell e.g 123 and
>change
> them into words (One Hundred Twenty Three)
> --
> tarig

Receipt Number Auto
Hello all, wondering if anyone has had this issue before.. When we go into receipt transactions we get "A unigue number could not be generated" This is based of the REC next number.. looking at the SQl logs it keeps going and going until what I believe is the timeout session and then you get whatever number it left off at.. can't find any knowledge base articles on this issue what-so-ever. Using GP8 sp 3 Here are my suggestions. Before you do anything, backup your databases for possible restoration if you are not happy with the results. Better yet, restore your backup o...

Reading .wks file

Listbox with huge number of rows
My app has a listbox that displays a huge number of rows (several thousand) for multi-selection. I'd like some way to position based on the first letter. Is there a good way to do this? Thanks. It may be possible to use the KeyPress event of the list box, but it sounds like a really horrid interface. Might be better to use a temp table (for the selected options), with a subform for selecting them. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "mscerti...

File won't open as read only

problem with inventory items with lot numbers
Hello everybody, We have finished goods setup in Great Plains with track on lot numbers. That gives us the possibility to trace each lot and the system not allowed us to go to negatives. But we had a bad experience: if you pick an inventory item “ABC” that have 100 units available under lot number “123” and you want to make a negative variance of 10 units for this lot, after you fill the fields in “Item Transaction Entry” window, it is open “Item Lot Number Entry” window where you need to enter the lot information. Here you can pick the lot & type the quantity (middle of the screen...

Word 2003, Select a block of text. How?
A word 2003 document where I want to select a 'block' of text in order to copy it in somewhere else. How do I mark such a 'block' ? -- ___________ Knut Willy I assume you know how to select text in general, so there are two possible interpretations of "block": 1. If you mean a large portion of text that requires scrolling the screen, click at one end of the desired selection, use the scroll bar to bring the other end in view, and Shift+click there. 2. If you mean a vertical column portion of a wider block of text, use Alt+drag to select i...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Social Security Number Security
We have a lot of people who need to use various screens in Human Resources to record things like training, courses, etc. These people should not have access to the social security number of the employees. Is there a way (either in GP or SQL) where that field can be restricted and still allow access to the HR windows? You can use field level security to hide the field to certain employees. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Bob Harr...

reading confirmation

Bullits and Numbering?
I have a visio chart and inside the text boxes I have a number of bullited points. Is there any way that these can be numbered rather that Bullited. I hve Visio 2002 Sp-2 Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_02504CB9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, This is how Visio helps with the numbered list in its 2002 verison of software Create a numbered list: 1. Double-click a shape. 2. If you don't see the text-editing ruler, right-click the shape, and then click Text Ruler. 3. Right-click the shape, and then click Format Text. Click the Paragraph tab, and then in the Hori...

Word 2007 line count
Where is the line count recorded in Word 2007? Thanks! What do you mean by "recorded"? If you want to add line numbers to your pages, go to Page Layout tab, Page Setup group, Line Numbers. If you want to see what line you're in as you type, right-click on the Status Bar (bottom of the document window) and check it (and other useful things) on the list that appears. (This appears to show only the line on the present page, not a cumulative total.) On Jan 15, 2:50=A0pm, Siouxzqmc <Siouxz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where is the line count record...

Averaging columns with missing numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How does Excel handle averaging numbers in a column when some of the cells are blank? Assuming you're using the =AVERAGE() function, it's designed to ignore blank cell or those that contain text. IOW, if the range is 10 cells & 4 of them are empty the function totals the 6 values & divides the sum by 6. If those 4 cells contain 0s it will divide by 10 because 0 is a value. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <sbwestin@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb16e...

Replace million-billion number format to lakhs-crores format
How do i put comma in a number in lakhs-crores format rather than i million-billion format as lakhs-crores format is prevalent in Indi -- Sumi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Sumit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2952 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49219 Googling on "lakhs-crores" gave me http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/5020a.asp as the first link, which gives a macro that may do what you want. Andrew Sumit wrote: > How do i put comma in ...

The memory could not be "read".

First 10 numbers
I have a query that pulls together states from a program. I group the states and added the Count aggregate to the state field. I want access to display the top 10 states including an extra entry if two states have the same number. I hope this is clear. thank you, -- Deenos Using top 10 should work SELECT TOP 10 States, Count(SomeField) FROM SomeTable GROUP BY States ORDER BY Count(SomeField) Desc John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Deenos wrote: > I have a query that pulls together states f...

find smallest positive number among datas
How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? Try =MIN(data_rng) -- HTH Bob "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter) Adjust your range to suit. -- David Biddulph "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > H...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Type a number and data appears from another sheet
I have a document that lists volunteers and their personal info (name, email, phone etc.) with the Week number (1-5) of the Sunday when they help out. Some volunteers are in age group K-2nd and the others are in 3rd-5th. What I am doing at the moment is sorting by Week number and then filtering by week number (e.g. 2 for the second Sunday of the month). I then copy that information to another sheet in the same workbook. What I would like to do is just type a week number e.g. 2 in A1 of "This Week" sheet and then somehow *magically* have all the people from both K-2nd and 3rd...

MS Access 2003 Question Opening MS Word file
Is there a way to tell Access to open a MS Word file in the same path where the database is physically located? If so, how would you write the command in VB? Thank you! Application.FollowHyperlink CurrentProject.Path & "\SomeFile.doc" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "NFL" <NFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842A9AE4-A399-4907-8951-81AF68233169@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to tell Access to open a MS Word file in the same path > where > the database is physi...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...