re:Formatting Cells to display...

I could not open the link either...

To write living will do I need special format
I just need to change and update a living trust You should consult someone with the appropriate legal knowledge in the jurisdiction in which you are domiciled. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "belladonna" <belladonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F25A64CB-355F-44E9-A005-16AA61DA15A7@microsoft.com... > I just need to change and update a living trust ...

Intermittent display
Hi, recently i encountered this problem on my PC. When i press the ON button, the monitor shows the normal starting up image for only 1 second and then it went black. Then, because my computer has a CPU FAN error (probably because the starting speed of my fan is a little slow), it would beep 3times and prompt me to press F1. During this time, the image would appear on the monitor for 1sec and then, becomes black again. Then, as it loads and enters window, it will flash yet again and i can see the cursor of my mouse at the center of the screen for that 1 second. Everything is running normall...

Summing distinct rows in same cell
Sorry for the bad title I'm not sure hte best way to sum up this issue. Fruit Price Total Apples 0.69 40 Bananas 0.34 38 Lemons 0.55 15 Oranges 0.25 25 Apples 0.5 10 Pears 0.59 40 Almonds 2.8 10 Cashews 3.55 16 Peanuts 1.25 20 Walnuts 1.75 12 Apples 0.5 5 Given the data above I'm trying to sum the totals for only the Appl rows. So basically I need to search the Fruit column find the row that have "Apples" and then sum their corresponding Totals, giving m 55. I've been playing with this for hours with Lookups and Indexes bu am not really getting anywhere. Also, I can...

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Help ! formatting data to text

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

Cells Fill Automatically on Another Workbook
I've created what we'll call a seed worksheet to be used over and over for different clients. I have linked its cells to another workbook. As the originating seed worksheet directs its cell data to a specific cell on another workbook, how can I accomplish the workbook data not being overwritten but the new incoming data default to the next unused cell in the column? i.e. If the original seed worksheet cell B1 links to the worksheet cell A1, I would like the next instance of creating a new customer and his B1 information on his use of the seed worksheet to populate onto th...

Excel not displaying German characters correctly.
This is a real puzzler. Has our entire office and IT department stumped. We have two machines (M1 / M2) which are equal spec/ operating system, applications, versions, etc... The only difference that we can see between the two machines is that one (M1) has Internet Explorer encoding set to "UTF-8" with "Automatic" selected. The other (M2) has "Western European ISO" with no automatic selected. Now, when the machines log into a web application and choose to download a German Excel file, M1 and M2 get the file correctly if they have their encoding settings...

Special format
How can I change the format from numerical to English?? e.g.: 420 to Four Hundred and Twenty Only It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE or SEARCH and REPLACE but MS Office 2002 Chin support numerical to chinese: 123456789 -----> = &#19968;&#20740;&#20108;&#21315;&#19977;&#30334;&#22235;&#21313;&#20116;&= #33836;&#20845;&#21315;&#19971;&#30334;&#20843;&#21313;&#20061; =3D.=3D" Can anyone help~~ >-----Original Message----- >It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE > >or SEARCH and REPLACE > > >. > ...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

Concatenating cells but excluding blanks
Hello, I am trying to create a result field, concatenating populated cells from the previous 12 columns on that line, but excluding blank cells and putting a * delimiting character between each instance - please find below a 4 column example. ID 1 2 3 4 Result Z A C D A*C*D Y B C B*C X A B D A*B*D Each of the 10,000 lines of the spreadsheet is different - there are at least 5 blank cells on each line Any help gratefully received. I am working in Excel 2007 Many thanks. Bob Try this: http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5826/nonamee.png Micky "Bob Fr...

conditional format 04-15-10
Hi, I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on the value in cell A1 How can this be done? I know I can do it with conditionale format for the cell itself but not for another one. Thanks JP Try this. Assume you want B1 text to change colour when the value in A1 is 5, select B1 and go to conditional formatting. In the condition, select 'Formula is' then in the empty space, type =A1=5 choose the font colour that you want. "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > > I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on th...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Copy cell contents, then paste into the same cell with other text.
Hi! I tried a search first and couldn't find anything like this. My spreadsheet has a column for shipping that takes a series like this for each product: ?0.0*0.13.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04 Following the question mark is the handling charge (0.0 in this example). This is followed by an * and then the weight of the item (0.13.2 in this example which is 13.2 ounces) I have a list of product weights in a colum with just pounds and ounces. I need to copy that information, then paste it into the weight area of the string above and then paste those modified contents back into t...

How to select other random cells
I have a 2 part question. I want to have a 1 question survey randomly filled out by 200 people. Column A lists the 1 questions. Columun b has ABCDE listed in cells B6 to b10. I would like 200 samples in columns c, d, e, etc. How do I set this up so that they randomly Coose B6 to B 10. Second part. On another spreadsheet, I have a similar situation, but the user has 10 answers to select from and I want them to randomly select all that apply. How would I do this? Thanks! ...

Formatting in the formula bar
When i type in a number into a cell in my worksheet, say: 42.99 Excel automatically rounds it to 43. Which is what i want and what i set it up to do. However, the number in the formula bar also rounds to 43. Normally i thought the formula bar stayed at 42.99 and only the spreadsheet cell rounds to 43. I am using Excel 2000. Please help asap as i need the formula bar to stay at 42.99 so i remember what the original number was!!! Hi maybe you have checked 'Tools - Options - Calculation - Precision as displayed' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beccy wrote: > When ...

Form Formatting
I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it doesn't change in the form view. This form was made ages ago with an automatic format and now I can't get away from the automatic format. Help! "DSmith" <donna@DONTSPAMresxrn.com> wrote in message news:eQARsjI6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column >a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it >doe...

Conditional format a column
Hello, I am comparing numbers in column b and column c. In column H, I've written an if then statement stating something to the effect that the "B is greater than C" or "B is less than C" as the case may be. I'd like to format the cells in H with red coloring where B is less than C. I've been able to do it with a single cell using conditional formatting, but need help with a column of cells. Could someone give me directions? Thanks in advance, Ellen Ellen, Select your cells in column H to be formatted. Best not to select the entire column by click...