Re: Drop down lists

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:...
> ??? That web site has all the information you will ever need on drop
> downs.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I accessed the website below but did not know how to access the response?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> --
>> Don Disbursing
>>

>> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>>

>>>       http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Don Guillett
>>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>>> SalesAid Software
>>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim #2
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. you can only add one at a time. BTW - blocking senders is a poor way to manage spam, especially since there is a limit of about 2000 addresses on the blocked and safe lists combined. -- Diane...

autoreply from a distribution list (exchange 5.5)
Hi,I have an exchange 5.5 server and my users have different MS Outlooks (from 98 to 2002).I would like to setup autoreply for a distribution list. I can setup autoreply on one of the mailboxes in this DL, but the autoreply is sent from that mailbox.How to setup the autoreply on that DL so to be sent from the address of the DL?example: people writing to DL.address@company.com to get an autoreply from DL.address@company.com . Thanks! If its possible, you would need to script something or use a 3rd party product. On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:19:42 +0200, "svetlozar iliev" <svetl...

Pivot table drops columns on refresh
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with appx 100 columns and 500 rows, that we use as a source for 15 odd pivot tables. When we refresh, about 30-40% of the time, it drops several columns. 20 of our columns are dates for the next 20 weeks of the year. When it drops them from the table, it also drops them from any subsequent calculated fields, forcing me to recreate the sheet multiple times. Strangely, it drops the first and last weeks of the months, but not the middle ones. Does anyone know of a way to get Excel to keep the tables from dropping fields? Thanks, jason This is a known pr...

macro for listing content of directory
Hi all, I have the macro below the dotted line that I use to get an alphabetic list with the content of a directory. It works like a charm, but I want not only the names of the documents, but also their date of last change. Preferably in 2 colums, like ABCD.doc 13-3-2009 thisdocument.DOC 2-11-2004 thisisadocumentwithan awfullylongname.doc 30-12-2008 etc. I can't modify the code myself, Your help will be appreciated. I use Office 2k SP 2 with Word 2k. Thanks in advance. Jack Sons The Netherlands -------------------------------...

How to manage junk senders list
Does anybody know how to delete all the entry inside the junk senders list? I can delete the entry one by one but is there any fast method? Brian <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anybody know how to delete all the entry inside the > junk senders list? I can delete the entry one by one but > is there any fast method? Since you decided that your Outlook version wasn't important enough to share, this question cannot be answered definitively. -- Brian Tillman ...

exporting/saving recent files list
I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list that is available in each of my Office programs? (Does anyone know where Office saves these shortcuts?) http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/bd58b46fe9c11ef9/853766524964c427?lnk=gst&q=recently+opened#853766524964c427 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "vabki" wrote: > I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list > that is available in each of my Office programs? (Do...

Selecting dates from a drop down menu
Is it possible to be able to select a date from a small drop down calendar instead of putting it in manually everytime??...if so how!? Thanks in advance :) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Robert, You can use a Calendar ActiveX control (Insert - Object ...). This'll get you started. While in design mode, double click it, and put in this code: Private Sub Calendar1_Click() ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value End Sub You'll need code to make it ap...

Move groups/distribution lists to another computer?
Copied outlook data file(.pst) to cd then copied to hard disk of new computer. Either opened the file or imported to outlook. All the contacts and the names of the groups appear to be in the new computer's contact folder. However, there are no names/caontacts in the groups. How do I get the groups(including the contents/names) transferred to my new computer? I do not want to recreate them again assome of the distribution lists/groups contain up to 500 names/email addresses. Hope someone can help with this. newoutlook-dj <newoutlook-dj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

Project and Resource Center don't display lists on a workstation
Hi, I have one workstation that gets this message and no lists when anyone logs into it and tries to access Project Center or Resource Center: Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project. The person that uses the workstation can log into mine and see both the Resource and Project Centers so it doesn't appear to be a permission prob...

Extender and Smart List
-- Thanks for your help ...

User name not in Global Address List
Whenever i create a mail box for a user in Exchange 5.5, the new user name does not appear in the Global Address list when view from Microsoft Outlook. Please i need solution to this urgently, let someone help me out. Is the Outlook 2000 server connecting to a 5.5 or an E2K server? Can you check name from that same Outlook 2000 server? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Whyeray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d7a01c...

uploading parent customer id in a contact list
When uploading a CSV contact list to CRM, what data type does the Parent Customer need to be? I see it is simply called 'customer', rather than 'int' or 'text', when viewing the attributes' data types, but I have not found any documentation on it. I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks. It needs to be the guid for the account record which you can find in the accountbase table ====================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "JHDavis" <JHDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Does Windows store a list of installed updates?
Hi, I am going to be fitting a larger drive to my PC and am going to be taking the opportunity to do a clean install. I have the Windows XP home CD with SP2 included and I will need to know which updates to download so that I can slipstream a CD/DVD with all the necessary up-to-date drivers. Does Windows store a list of the updates and if so, where? Many thanks Gerald Gerald Bramwell wrote: > Hi, > > I am going to be fitting a larger drive to my PC and am going to be > taking the opportunity to do a clean install. I have the Windows XP home > CD with ...

Who has a document which identify every drop down list value?
Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's just list the value name and not involve the numeric value. I feel not convenient in development. Could somebody give good advice? Joseph - have a look at the StringMap table in the MSCRM database, it has every picklist value (string and integer) for every entiry in the CRM Dave Ireland "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539E2C46-5DB7-4336-8B9D-5029CA31A8A2@microsoft.com... > Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's > just ...

Re-Deploy document for CRM 3.0
I have seen and read the CRM 1.2 re-Deploy document, I have not seen a CRM 3.0 Re-Deploy document. If any one has a link I would truly appreciate it, You can find this document on your CRM 3.0 server disc under 'Redeployment tool' folder. hth ...

enumerating combobox's list
hello What code can I use for the code below. I'm having trouble getting it right. For Each row in cboTest.column(1) ... Next -- thanks, cinnie "cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D277301-E6D8-4F2F-A6B5-CC2E3028F547@microsoft.com... > hello > What code can I use for the code below. I'm having trouble getting it > right. > > For Each row in cboTest.column(1) > ... > Next Dim i As Long For i = 0 To cboTest.ListCount - 1 Debug.Print cboTest.ItemData...

Copying old newsletter woes re document size
Hi all. Just discovered this newsgroup today, so figured I'd bounce my question by y'all. I'm editor for my local Harley Owners Group & use MS Publisher 2000 to produce the newsletter. I like to include photos, where possible, to liven it up & get folks in the Chapter to read it (my predecessor's were a bit on the bland side). I tried using Publisher 2003 for a while, but there was an issue with clipart disappearing from the screen & positioning being screwed up & so on, so I reverted back to 2000. My issue is this. One a month I've created a newslette...

Can I do a search with a drop down in XL 2003?
Hi, I'm trying to do a validation on 1 cell, what I wan to achieve is when we type the first letter or number of the info the cell can bring me the the first item it got and show me the rest, I know that XL 2007 can do it, is it a way to do it on XL 2003? Thanks for your help http://contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html I believe this will give you the feel you want. -- ** John C ** "Ch. G." wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to do a validation on 1 cell, what I wan to achieve is when we > type the first letter or number of the info the cell can bring me the the > first ...

List of Codes and Display Names for Codes #3
hi all, last week I asked the question could i look up values in a sheet an the answer is yes only thing is trying to be clever I extended th =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) and grabbed the right hand curser and pulled right effectively draggin the code to the right. However the code has now slipped by 3 places ie it looks up value C803/3530 =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) it should show C803/3530 Team Name cos i pulled it to the right it now shows C803/3530 Team name Paul McWhatever only thing is Paul mc whatever is for the the name of the person places away on the sheet no. sy...

How do I get info on using list builder
are there classes I can take or somewhere I can access extra info b4 I sign up? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011109511033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mike R" <Mike R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A44E94C-15D1-4430-8132-D33B543EE295@microsoft.com... > are there classes I can take or somewhere I can access extra info b4 I > sign up? Been there, really does not have a "training module" for list builder. There are alot of issues with list builder type products like constant contact, I would like...

How to hide the Report List in the View | Financial Lists?
I am trying to lock down security for a particular user class and would like to hide the Report List that is displayed under the View | Financial Lists menu. Have tried to use the By Menu option in Advanced Security but am not able hide this option. TIA ...

Can External Data(MsAccess) fill List Box?
Is this possible to create and can some one point me in the right direction to get started? Hi Matt one idea: - import your MS Access data with 'Data - Import external data - Import' on a separate sheet (can be hidden later on) - Create a defined name for this data source - use data validation (in combination with the defined name) to create a listbox HTh Frank Matt wrote: > Is this possible to create and can some one point me in the right > direction to get started? ...

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

OWA2003 Junk Email List Size Limits
When a user is in the OWA2003 and tries to add an email to the blocked list the following error appears: "An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator." It works fine in the outlook client. Where do i change this setting? Thanks Use 'Outlook Web Access Web Administration' to change this limit. See details: http://www.exchangeinbox.com:80/articles/008/centraljunk.htm -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://...

Re: Money 2003 Deluxe Budgetting Problem
I've setup a standard bill 3 times due to differing amounts and ended up deleting the monthly bill and transactions, only problem is that it still includes the budget amount and continually adds it, even though the re- occurring bill and associated transactiosn have been deleted. Any ideas would be much appreciated as my income budget category is growing by the day. I have removed and re-setup the category without any luck. Cheers Mark ...