Question #2

Hey

I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for wel
versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is

Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in th
column next to it I want to do the following

=(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75

I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each o
the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in th
column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and hav
them all find their value

I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough, I couldn'
really put it into words

Thank yo

--
odditi
odditie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1815

Try:

=B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75

and drag down to Row 29

Regards

Trevor

"odditie" <odditie.2by697_1154580315.7168@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:odditie.2by697_1154580315.7168@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hey,
>
> I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for well
> versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is.
>
> Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in the
> column next to it I want to do the following.
>
> =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75)
>
> I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each of
> the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in the
> column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and have
> them all find their value.
>
> I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough, I couldn't
> really put it into words.
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> odditie
> odditie's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18151
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567743

0
Trevor9259 (673)
8/3/2006 5:39:59 AM
AH yes, I've done that before, I forgot all about that!

Thank you very muc

--
odditi
odditie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1815
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56774

Another question with the same formula.

How do I set it to have minimum and maximum values?

I want the resulting value to be between 60 and 90

--
odditie
odditie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18151
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567743

Not quite an average then    ;-)

=IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75<60,60,IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75>90,90,B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75))

Regards

Trevor

"odditie" <odditie.2bz1i3_1154620841.9533@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:odditie.2bz1i3_1154620841.9533@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Another question with the same formula.
>
> How do I set it to have minimum and maximum values?
>
> I want the resulting value to be between 60 and 90
>

> --
> odditie
> odditie's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18151
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567743

0
Trevor9259 (673)
8/3/2006 7:42:44 PM
How about:

=MIN(90,MAX(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75,60))

--
Regards,

RD

"Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Not quite an average then    ;-)
>
> =IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75<60,60,IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75>90,90,B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75))
>
> Regards
>
> Trevor
>

> "odditie" <odditie.2bz1i3_1154620841.9533@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
> message news:odditie.2bz1i3_1154620841.9533@excelforum-nospam.com...
>>
>> Another question with the same formula.
>>
>> How do I set it to have minimum and maximum values?
>>
>> I want the resulting value to be between 60 and 90
>>

>> --
>> odditie
>> odditie's Profile:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18151
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567743

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/4/2006 1:59:23 AM
That's neat

"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> How about:
>
> =MIN(90,MAX(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75,60))
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> RD

> "Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Not quite an average then    ;-)
>>
>> =IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75<60,60,IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75>90,90,B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75))
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Trevor
>>

>> "odditie" <odditie.2bz1i3_1154620841.9533@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
>> message news:odditie.2bz1i3_1154620841.9533@excelforum-nospam.com...
>>>
>>> Another question with the same formula.
>>>
>>> How do I set it to have minimum and maximum values?
>>>
>>> I want the resulting value to be between 60 and 90
>>>

>>> --
>>> odditie
>>> odditie's Profile:
>>> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18151
>>> View this thread:
>>> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567743

0
Trevor9259 (673)

Backup question

Excel 97 quote calculations #2
Hi Jackie! You could try extending the IF statement. I don't know whether it will work in Excel 97 as I have only used Excel 2000, but here it is: =IF(B4<40000,293.75,IF(B4<80000,323.13)) and so on. Hope it works. Satyajit No basic worksheet functions have been added in recent versions, your approach would work even in Excel 4 (and probably earlier). However, you can have only 7 levels of nested functions in any version. A VLOOKUP table would be much more flexible in terms of the number of rates you could choose among. Jerry Satyajit Bhagwat wrote: > Hi Jackie! &g...

combine cells #2
I have NPA (225) in a cell B3 I have NXX (442) in the next cell B4 I want to combine the two cells into one cell 225-442 Is there a function that will accomplish this? I have a ton of numbers to do! thanks will this work? =b3&"-"&b4 "Ray" <ray.aubin@bellsouth.com> wrote in message news:0a5e01c391cb$d985d080$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have NPA (225) in a cell B3 > I have NXX (442) in the next cell B4 > I want to combine the two cells into one cell 225-442 > Is there a function that will accomplish this? I have a > ton of numbers to do! > &g...

Access #2
Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:07:09 -0500, perkon wrote (in article <13d901c439ef$09d2e680$3a01280a@phx.gbl>): Hi, > Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac All of them if you use Virtual PC... Otherwise, no. Access has not be ported to the Mac and will probably never be. Hopefully there are numerous excellent (and cross platform) database applications on the Mac the most common ones being 4D and FileMaker Pro. You can even use MySQL. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Franc...

a question and a question

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Question about Paste Special

SQL 2005 Upgrade #2
I know there are Dynamics users that have completed the transition from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. We are on Dynamics 8.0 SP5 running on SQL 2000 SP4. Step 1 of our move to 10.0 is to upgrade to SQL 2005. We're very clear about the Server side of the upgrade. I have looked for information on CustomerSource about impacts and required activities for Dynamics, but have not found much (This forum is where I have found the most). Is there any information/knowledge available? -- Tim Foster Tim, see below link for upgrade information from Dynamics 8.0 SP5 to 10.0. https://mbs.microsoft....

Microsoft Query question

Managing PST Files #2
Does anybody here know of any tools to better manage PST files? I'm after somethaing that will graphicaly represent the usage of messages in a PST. Cheers, Lee ihatespam@ihatespam.com <ihatespam@ihatespam.com> wrote: > Does anybody here know of any tools to better manage PST files? > > I'm after somethaing that will graphicaly represent the usage of > messages in a PST. I've never seen any reports of a tool like that. However, if you want to contract with a company like MAPI Labs, I'd wager they could write one for you. It won't be free. -- Bri...

Question

OWA Question #16

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

SORTING #2
Hi All I copied & pasted 2 seperate company lists from web sites. One under the other. The company names reside in column E One of the lists has scattered information in columns A thru D The other list has NO information in columns A thru D My first record is on line 5 My last record is on line 1,684 I highlighted every cell from A5:AR1684 Then I selcted sort by Column E w/ no headers A few lines sorted within each of the lists but the 2 lists never meshed. What did I do wrong? Thanks for any help you can give me Tom Snyder WINDOWS XP - PRO EXCEL 2002 SP-2 If you do this oft...

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Mouse events #2
I am working on a 3D model viewer using MFC. I want to set a variable - 'renderMode' to GL_SELECT whenever my mouse is moving(only moving not dragging) over the client area of window, and to GL_RENDER when the mouse is either dragging in client area or is in the non client area of my window. How could I achieve it, I mean what code should go in which event handler? On 2 Sep 2006 00:43:42 -0700, "Adrian" <richard.the.lionheart@gmail.com> wrote: >I am working on a 3D model viewer using MFC. I want to set a variable - >'renderMode' to GL_SELECT whenever my...

Pivot Table formatting #2
I have a pivot table where I can left click on the fields such as Customer or Sum of Quantity and it highlights all of the cells in that fields row or column in a reverse video and then I can format that data and everything is great. I am working with someone over the phone that when they click on the field, it does not highlight the associated data cells and therefore they can not format the data and save those formats for when they change the pivot table. Any ideas why this might be? We are both using Excel 97. Thanks, Steve To turn on the Enable Selection feature: From the Pivot to...

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...