Quarterly Data in Pivot Table

Hi Everyone,

I am using Excel 2003.  I just made my first pivot table last week.  I have
a chart and a sheet that I created from the wizard.  I have grouped by
years, quarters and months.  On my sheet, I can see the years and months but
not the data by quarter.  I have noticed that I can double click on my year
and it collapses down.  I only have data from April thru Dec 2008, then Jan
thru Dec 2009, and this year Jan thru March.  I would like to know how to
view the quarter data

Thanks,
Linda

0
Linda

Hey Guys,

Nevermind.  I just dropped the month out of my grouping and now have by
quarter but I do have another question.

My column chart shows the data by year so my quarters don't sit side by
side.  I want to see a column for each quarter in the same section.  Hope
this makes sense.

Thanks,
Linda

"Linda RQ" <RomulanQueen@Work.SSTNG> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am using Excel 2003.  I just made my first pivot table last week.  I
> have a chart and a sheet that I created from the wizard.  I have grouped
> by years, quarters and months.  On my sheet, I can see the years and
> months but not the data by quarter.  I have noticed that I can double
> click on my year and it collapses down.  I only have data from April thru
> Dec 2008, then Jan thru Dec 2009, and this year Jan thru March.  I would
> like to know how to view the quarter data
>

> Thanks,
> Linda

0
Linda
4/20/2010 5:12:30 PM
Hi Linda

Drag Year to the Column area of the PT, then your Quarters will be side
by side.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Linda RQ wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Nevermind.  I just dropped the month out of my grouping and now have by
> quarter but I do have another question.
>
> My column chart shows the data by year so my quarters don't sit side by
> side.  I want to see a column for each quarter in the same section.  Hope
> this makes sense.
>
> Thanks,
> Linda
>
> "Linda RQ" <RomulanQueen@Work.SSTNG> wrote in message
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I am using Excel 2003.  I just made my first pivot table last week.  I
>> have a chart and a sheet that I created from the wizard.  I have grouped
>> by years, quarters and months.  On my sheet, I can see the years and
>> months but not the data by quarter.  I have noticed that I can double
>> click on my year and it collapses down.  I only have data from April thru
>> Dec 2008, then Jan thru Dec 2009, and this year Jan thru March.  I would
>> like to know how to view the quarter data
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Linda

0
Roger
4/21/2010 10:43:29 AM
So easy!

Thanks Roger.

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4nospamu.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Linda

> Drag Year to the Column area of the PT, then your Quarters will be side by
> side.
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> Linda RQ wrote:
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> Nevermind.  I just dropped the month out of my grouping and now have by
>> quarter but I do have another question.
>>
>> My column chart shows the data by year so my quarters don't sit side by
>> side.  I want to see a column for each quarter in the same section.  Hope
>> this makes sense.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Linda
>>
>> "Linda RQ" <RomulanQueen@Work.SSTNG> wrote in message
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I am using Excel 2003.  I just made my first pivot table last week.  I
>>> have a chart and a sheet that I created from the wizard.  I have grouped
>>> by years, quarters and months.  On my sheet, I can see the years and
>>> months but not the data by quarter.  I have noticed that I can double
>>> click on my year and it collapses down.  I only have data from April
>>> thru Dec 2008, then Jan thru Dec 2009, and this year Jan thru March.  I
>>> would like to know how to view the quarter data
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Linda

0
Linda

back up the data in the CRM
Hello... I am a newbie in CRM system. Does anyone know how to backup the data of CRM system? Our client does not want to type the product and customer data one by one. Unfortunately they make a big mistake that can't log onto the CRM server anymore, any way which to back up their data without typing the numbers of data manually. thanks "backup the CRM data" <backup the CRM data@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B49E9453-465A-468F-BAB7-D80AC339D9C6@microsoft.com... > I am a newbie in CRM system. Does anyone know how to backup the data of >...

Data\Validation
I have a cell in excel that has a Validation list, and the list is a sum of other cells so the values change based on what is entered in other cells. my question is, is it possible to have the cell update by itself. Example I have completed entering data in the cells and then I go and select an option from the validation list then I go back and change some data that I entered originally, at this point is it possible that the validation option that I had selected can be updated automatically instead of me going back and selecting it again. Thanks. You may be able to update the selections with ...

Charting non-contiguous data
Hi, Can someone please tell me how to create a dynamic line chart using non-contiguous data points. Your assistance is appreciated. HAPPY NEW YEAR I should mention that the non-contiguous data is in the one column. Neal - Select the points, holding Ctrl while selecting points after the first one is selected. Now run the chart wizard and make your chart. If you have too many points, the chart series formula gets too long, however, and Excel chokes on it. You're only allowed about 255 characters each for the X and Y part of the formula. Here's what I mean. A series formula f...

Data Access Pages
I have designed several DAPs in Access 2003. I have them posted directly on my web server with the database. I can see the form but the data fields are filled with: #name?. I have configured the server per the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264080.... No luck. Any help would be appreciated. ...

duplicate data
My query will either pull duplicated data or no data at all. Can anybody help me? MsWatts, A wee bit more information is going to be needed as you did not give us much to go on. Please post the SQL of the query so we can see what's going on. It would also help to know what is it you want to see! -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "MsWatts" <MsWatts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59...

How do i plot two series of data both in accending order on a line
I have multiple series of data to plot in a line graph that I want view from the lowest to highest. For example: sales sold by REP AND product type & person. Each series represent a type of product. the Vert scale is the number sold and the horz scale is the rep in order of rank from lowest to highest. Each series/product is independant. Can I do this? Thanks. Hi, If you sort each product by it's sales figure then you will have a unique SalesRep order for each series. So I don't see how you can also have Reps sharing the one x axis. You might want to consider a differe...

Selective data validation list
I have data validation applied to a cell using a list that's on another worksheet in the same workbook. This was done with a dynamic named range and works fine. Now I want to change things so that items only appear in the drop down list if the value of a another column in the worksheet with the list items is set to "Yes". Each of the possible list items has either "Yes" or "No" in the column next to the list item. Is there a way to accomplish selection of the items to appear in the drop down validation list based on the value of a column next to each ...

Conditional Sum of Quarters
I have tried the conditional sum to calculate quartely results for the following: Measures Month Population Sample Population Missing/Invalid Population Numerator Missing/Invalid Numerator Denominator Observed Rate Discharge instructions JAN 2005 63 63 0 2 0 48 4% Discharge instructions FEB 2005 69 69 0 7 0 48 15% Discharge instructions MAR 2005 72 72 0 6 0 50 12% LVF assessment JAN 2005 63 63 0 51 0 60 85% LVF assessment FEB 2005 69 69 0 56 0 65 86% LVF assessment MAR 2005 72 72 0 59 0 66 89% ACEI or ARB for LVSD JAN 2005 63 63 0 16 0 24 67% ACEI or ARB for LVSD FEB 2005 69 69 0 15 0 26 58...

Pass thru
In a Pass thru query, I want to select the meter_number, acct_period, prod_period, dth from the dbo.con_vols table and the mcf and btu from the dbo.meas table where the meter_number, acct_period and prod_period are equal to the meter_number, acct_period and prod_period in the dbo.con_vols table. Can anyone help, please? I know I need an INNER JOIN, but am not sure how to do that. Thank you in advance! On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:48:01 -0700, Liz C <LizC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In a Pass thru query, I want to select the meter_number, acct_period, >prod_period, dth fro...

Pivot Table from 2 worksheets
I thought I read somewhere that you can create one pivot table from two worksheets. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel 2003? I need to create one and don't know how. Thanks so much. Nadine Hi Nadine Take a look here http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html Post back to this thread if you are still having problems -- Regards Roger Govier Nadine wrote: > I thought I read somewhere that you can create one pivot table from two > worksheets. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel 2003? I need to create > one and don't know how. Thanks so much. ...

How do I repeatedly transpose blocks of data?
I have blocks of data that are all in colomn A and the blocks are 27 rows in length. I want to transpose this data into a database format. I've written the formula to do 1 line but I need to be able to copy this formula down so that it moves on 27 rows instead of the 1 that it normally does when you copy down formula. There is over 1000 blocks of data to transpose. I'm using the 2000 version. If I read this correctly, you wish to move A1 to A27 to C1 to AC1, an then repeat this process for each 27 rows so that A28 to A54 move to C to AC2 etc. One (slow) way to do this is to n...

Calculate % variance on previous quarters. Quarter %, etc. pivot
How do I calculate a % variance from the previous quarterly total and place the % variance next to that particular quarter? Column qtr1 % qtr2 % qtr3 % qtr4 % Total$ Row item1 50 ?? 75 ?? 100 ?? 125 ?? Example: what is the % variance from qtr1 and qtr2? The variance per cent will go into the column format betwenn qtr1 and qtr2. Designated as ??. The best way to calculate qtr over qtr performance is the following. X = Previous Qtr Revenue Y = New Quarters Revenue The formula is: =(Y-X)\X So in your example for Q1 to Q2 revenue would be: =(75-50)/5...

CRM data migration 10-13-04
Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables "manually". Thanks, Matt Matt wrote: > Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? > > I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared > more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables > "manually". > > Thanks, > Matt You need to use Redeployme...

Moved Form Data to Tab Control
Hi All, I recently moved all of my form fields to a tabbed control. The reason i did this was to utilize a subform. My main problem now is that none of my code is working on the form now. Can some explain why none of the old code works now and how i can go about getting it to work. Thanks You've likely made your form into a subform. Let's say your tab control is housed on frmTab, your old form was frmMyForm. Your old code likely referenced a control on your old form as Forms!frmMyform!MyControl. To reference that control now you have to use Forms!frmTab!frmMyfo...

How to pick a biggest data from a group of data? #2
Thanks,I meet another question: I have some data with a date in he format below 03/11/1998 03/12/1998 03/13/1998 03/16/1998 I want to convert them into 19980311 19980312 19980313 19980316 I tried to set the cell property,but it didn't work. Could you please help to give me a formular to do so? Thanks in advance -- yoyo200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yoyo2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1548 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27212 Use the custo...

Data refresh
Hi, in Excel 2000, when you select to do a data refresh either by opening the doc or by selecting data refresh, is there a way you can protect the formattting style of the data I have set-up, eg the font size & style, cell size etc. I notice when I refresh it pastes it back unformatted. Thanks Hi Ludi I have found that the only way to overcome this problem is to record macro that refreshes the data and then formats as I want it to appear. I then link the macro to a button of the worksheet. - The 'bonus' i that you get to refressh the data in one less mouse click -- Messa...

Contact data merge from Excel into Outlook
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some guidance with regard to merging data from Excel into Outlook. I have an Excel spreadsheet with about 19,000 contacts: names, addresses, phone numbers, etc... I'm trying to merge them into an Outlook "contact file". So far, I think I figured out how to "name the ranges" by selecting the entire worksheet including the labels at the top of each column and then using insert, create, names, and "top". I then save the file and close it. Next I go to Outlook, import, I select the file and folder and begin. The merge s...

how to get data automatic moves to next column?
I am using a barcode scanner to read in barcode numbers into excel. But everytime after I scan a barcode, excel moves to the cell in the next row. What I want is moves down to the next column. Anyone with information please help. Thankyou very much! Hi, Maybe there is way of setting up Excel and/or the barcode scanner such that the values go to successive columns rather than rows. However, the following formula may be a workaround for your current setup. If the scanned data are going to, say A1, A2, A3, ......, and you want them to go to A1, B1, C1 ...., enter the following formula...

Pivot Table Auto Update? #2
Wow - actually I hadn't. That's sort of embarassing :) thanks! mat -- mkaak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mkaake's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=824 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26202 ...

Downloading credit card data balances account
When credit card transactions are downloaded, transactions are entered as reconciled and the "Balanced on" date updated. Transactions from the same institution into another account are marked "E" and reconciled when I reconcile the bill. I cannot find any differences in account set up. What am I missing? ...

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

Data types?
Hi I'm trying to sum a set of cells using =SUM(Grid!D3+Grid!H3+Grid!L3...Grid!CR3) and I get an error message saying 'A value used in the formula is of the wrong data type'. What does this mean?? -- Derek Norman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Derek Norman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26004 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393659 Hi Derek, The error message suggests that you are using your formula in VBA (???) If that's true, then there are a few ...

Quarterly Audits
I need to build a report that shows the progress of an audit and management responses and need help. Audit: At the end of each audit we count the open items from both the current findings and the previous quarters findings that are not resolved. I am trying to create a report that shows management how many findings are resolved and how many go unresolved. I need it to be as simple as possible. Laura Lou, Try this : Cell A1 , "Audit Issues", cell B1, This Month", cell C1, "Last Month". Cell A2, Open, A3,Closed,A4, Unresolved. Cell B2, # of Open, B3, # of Close...

How to merge rows of data in 2 columns into 1 col.
I have 199 rolws of data in 2 cols and want to merge it into one col. for printing lables. Excels instructions tell only how to merge 1 row, 2 cols into 1 col. How do I do this? =A1&" "&B1 copy down, then copy and paste special as values in place -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Pianoman" <Pianoman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B00B84E-04EB-458F-9641-0126C7192E33@microsoft.com... >I have 199 rolws of data in 2 cols and want to merge it into one col. for > printing lables. Excels instructions tell only ...

Ranking Data
Hello, any help would be appreciated! I have a sheet with four different data sets which I would like to rank, here is the problem. Each data set consists of two columns, one column is an ID number and the other column is an associated numerical score, these need to be linked. This is the same for each of the four sets of two columns. Then, the numerical score for each data set needs to be multiplied by a factor, creating another numerical value, linked to the ID number. Then each of these numerical values, linked to their ID number will be sumed to created an overall score for each ID nu...