Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.

How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as
a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my
workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type
in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a
remote computer.

Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be
done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party?
--
sigmad
0

You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host
this page?

"sigmad" wrote:

> How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as
> a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my
> workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type
> in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a
> remote computer.
>
> Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be
> done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party?
> --
> sigmad
0
Kassie (262)
3/31/2005 2:01:05 PM
following on from Kassie's reply, to have a "presence" on the web you do
need to go through a third-party of some sort, however when you sign up with
an isp they will often 'give' you web space that you can use and - often
refered to a personal web site in their blurb ... so before you go looking
at web hosting options you might like to talk to your internet service
provider and see if you have such a thing.

Cheers
JulieD

"Kassie" <Kassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to
> host
> this page?
>
> "sigmad" wrote:
>
>> How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved
>> it as
>> a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my
>> workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can
>> type
>> in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a
>> remote computer.
>>
>> Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all
>> be
>> done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party?
>> --
>> sigmad

0
JulieD1 (2295)

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Using Exchange Server 2003 EE as a Calendar Server
Dear Professionals, First of all, I'm not professional in Exchange server . I want to deploy a calendar server to manage events, meeting requests, individual calendars of employees and so on. I decided to install Exchange server 2003 EE for that. Now, I have two questions: 1)- How to achieve this task (main steps). 2)- Is it possible to use this feature without creating mailboxes for users but just create mail addresses (in the future, I may plan to switch corporate mail server to exchange instead of Linux)? Thanks and Regards, Tamer Shaalan. the only calendar you can have withou...

Putting Excel-based Football Pools on the Web
Hi, everyone. I have been running the office football (US) pool for a few years with a pretty nice Excel model. The way it currently works is that I send out a file with the games of the week listed and people pick the teams that they think will win and by how many points. They send their individual sheets back to me and I copy and paste the relevant cells into the master model. This was ok when it was only a few people playing, but now there are a lot of people who want to play. What I want to do is put the model online somehow, but I don't know where to start. I would like people t...

Can't recieve e-mail or visit our own web site
Outlook is not able to send or recieve any e-mail from our web address. It says it can't find the host server. What is strange is that I can browse the web anywhere but our own website. However, other computers have no problem visiting our website so I know it's this particular computer. It acts as though our web address has somehow been blocked so that I cannot visit it through internet explorer or recieve any e-mail through outlook. SpamBay (?) was installed on Outlook not too long ago, but I haven't been able to locate a problem there...any ideas? vms wrote: > Outloo...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

access 2007 01-29-08
Is Access 2007 still in beta or fairly new? I just downloaded a trial. I am wondering if most enterprise level companies are still on Access 2003? Would you suggest developing a database in 2007 if the customer doesn't have a preference? It looks like it just has a new interface but it is basically the same as 2003? The other question I have is about quality assurance. Is there any tips on the MVP's site or is it in any books. I have the access 2003 inside and out book which was good but it is slow reading through examples. Should I get the 2007 book? thanks, ...

My licens is allready in use, by my self....?????
My office 2004, mostly entourage because I start that first in the = morning,=20 often starts with the message, that it is allready in use by "My Name", = but=20 the one who is using it is my self. There is no way that any one is = using my=20 licens, i bought it because I had the problem in office 2003. It can do = it=20 several time a day, but no pattern that I can detect. So if im using it, = is there=20 maby something on the mac, that is started twice, and there for = conflicting? Hope someone has dealed with the problem before, because im on the egde=20 of launching 25 new mac&...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

owa not access from outside
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) , the network scenario is that first i have router and then pix firewall and then i have smtp filter for exchange, on smtp the port 25 is open , on pix i have made a DMZ for exchange , means that from outside , first mails are comming to smtp filter through the dmz on pix and then came to my exchange server which is not F-E, internaly i am able to use the OWA through the URl"http://servername/exchange" and on pix the port 80 is open and one thing more is that my domain controller and excahnge are on same m...

Sending Publisher Files

How do I use traffic lights in excel

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Publisher 2000 #23

outlook blocks access to my attachments! WHY
does anyone get this stupid microsoft msg: oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in mail This was in outlook express. I have attachments and they are greyed out and unable to be opened! WHY is that? HOW can i fix it and override microsoft's idiocy? Thanks, Vern VJL33615@yahoo.com Next time, post this in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Having said that, tools->options->security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail ...

Menu Control
I have 2 menu controls on a master page that work just fine in IE but look a little different in Firefox and a lot different in Chrome. What suggestions does anyone have for using asp.net Menu server controls in different browsers? Thanks. -- David "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message news:94114D82-6EFE-4704-83EF-5B7EDCA8D425@microsoft.com... > I have 2 menu controls on a master page that work just fine in IE but look > a > little different in Firefox and a lot different in Chrome. What > suggestions > does anyone have fo...

Web Service Customer CreditType
I am running GP 10 and using the Web Services to create and update customers using C#. I want to set the Credit Limit to Unlimited. However, I can see where to set the Credit Limit Type. There is a property for CreditLimit but not a field within for the type ( ex. No Credit = 0, Unlimited = 1, Amount = 2). Only fields to set the period and amount. If I try to set period as 1 then I get the following error: A validation exception has occurred. Validation Errors: - The Credit Limit PeriodAmount parameter can only be used when the Credit Limit Type is set to 2. Does anyone have an example c...

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Publisher 2003

Excel Crash when using set command
I have a userform with numerous controls on it. The _Initialize event i fairly extensive, and one section is setting the following array, whic is declared in the form: Dim statusIndicators(8) As MSForms.Image 'Array of status indicators The code in the _Initialize method is as follows: 'Set status indicator image links With frmDataEntry Set statusIndicators(0) = .imgClaimInfo Set statusIndicators(1) = .imgAccidentInfo Set statusIndicators(2) = .imgInjuryInfo Set statusIndicators(3) = .imgCompensability Set statusIndicators(4) = .imgQuality Set statusIndicators(5) = .imgRTW Set statu...

upgrade publisher