print envelopes from excel data

I have an excel database of addresses and I want to print off envelopes with
the addresses I have listed in this document. I have read about linking excel
with mail merge, but is there a faster method? More often I want to be able
to print off envelopes 2 or 3 at a time, so to use mail merge seems
time-consuming. Is there a way through formulas to somehow transfer for
example one row of data into word and it generate into an address format. Or
even better is there an envelope printing function in excel, as in word?
0
lele (1)

If each row of your database occupies columns A to K;
design your envelope using =M1, N1 etc;
set your print area to the envelope;
now copy any of the address row (A to K) to M1;
you have an envelope.

"lele" <lele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an excel database of addresses and I want to print off envelopes
with
> the addresses I have listed in this document. I have read about linking
excel
> with mail merge, but is there a faster method? More often I want to be
able
> to print off envelopes 2 or 3 at a time, so to use mail merge seems
> time-consuming. Is there a way through formulas to somehow transfer for
> example one row of data into word and it generate into an address format.
Or
> even better is there an envelope printing function in excel, as in word?

0
pynasocas (62)
5/4/2006 6:36:27 AM
Hi lele,
I take if from your post that you have no problem with Mail Merge with
Excel as the database -- just with the run around in setting it up.
Sorry,  that is the choice that Microsoft gives you for printing envelopes,
labels,  and customizing letters with Excal as the database.

Having worked through this on your own you might not be aware that
if you use a filtered list that you can send only those that are showing
to the MS Word  Mail Merge application.

Mail Merge,  Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel

Auto Filter    on my Summarizing Data Examples (an Overview)
 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sumdata.htm#autofilter

--
HTH,

"lele" <lele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> I have an excel database of addresses and I want to print off envelopes with
> the addresses I have listed in this document. I have read about linking excel
> with mail merge, but is there a faster method? More often I want to be able
> to print off envelopes 2 or 3 at a time, so to use mail merge seems
> time-consuming. Is there a way through formulas to somehow transfer for
> example one row of data into word and it generate into an address format. Or
> even better is there an envelope printing function in excel, as in word?

I am looking for an excell worksheet for restaurant inventory
I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am currently trying to get a new restaurant out of a hole and I need as many resources as I can get my hands on quickly. Once I had a great spreadsheet for inventory which included cells which automatically calculated a cost per ounce price. I used it for costing purposes as well as my daily and weekly inventory. Lisa, I "Googled", "inventory worksheet" and got 1,080,000 hits. The first page listed one spreadsheet for restaurant from RestaurantOwner.com. Good luck. HTH :-) "Lise" wrote: > I have Microsoft Office 2003. I...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

vioce in excel
In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio actually tells you what is in the cell I would really like to know how to turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel Please help I'm afraid I don't have 2007, but in 2003 it was under Tools - Speech. You could try looking in the XL help file for "speech playback". -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "lori" wrote: > In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio > actually tells y...

TCP/IP printing

Excel to OLE DB
I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an excel file into that format? Thank you. "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in > order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an > excel file into that format? I suspect this means the native Excel data must be organized as a database i.e. rows of columns with column headers, values with con...

Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts?
Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts? Importing contacts in Excel spreadsheet into SharePoint contacts is something that SharePoint does not support. Probably you can define your contacts as a 'Custom List' in SharePoint. If you are specific about importing from a Excel spreadsheet, you can take a look at SharePoint List Management Solution (SPListM) which allows you to import list items(contacts) with associated metadata and file attachments to your SharePoint Lists such as Contacts, Calendars, Surveys, Discussion Boards etc. SharePoint by default does...

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Print Dynamic Range

excell problems
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:722BE439-FDD8-4EC9-A1ED-9CEE81E85151@microsoft.com... how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL Hi, If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat function. This joins up to 30 cells of information. The easy wa...

Printing booklet

Excel data into Word
I need to layout some data from excel into word. The final product needs to have 5 columns so that it looks like (repeated across). Name Name Address Address City, State ZIP City, State ZIP I remember doing this years ago in Word, but I cannot figure out to do it. I need to end up with 127 entries. This is for a page in a document. I seem to recall that at the end of each merged entry, there was a code that told word to enter the data going across rather than making a new page. Depending on whether you want the ent...

Check printing in GP 7.0

CHtmlView and Printing

How do I convert PDF files to Excel?
I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make adjustments to the amounts in one column. "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E00681-1630-4D2D-BB1A-2DEB11DA3AF3@microsoft.com... > I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make > adjustments to the amounts in one column. You need Adobe Acrobat if you want to modify a pdf file. /Fredrik Scan it and send it to a OCR program. Hoping that you have a clean legible master to scan. -- HansM "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsof...

Creating new attribute with Lookup as data type
I need to create a new attribute with Lookup as data type in the Account entity just like system Parent Account (parentaccountid) attribute in account entity, it would be great if I can just uplicate this system attribute. Since the new attribute (Dealer of Record) will be pointing to the same entity as parentaccountid, what is the best way go about doing this? Thanks. To achieve this you will have to create a new entity which will contain attributes you require and then you will have to set a many to one relationship between Account and your entity. After creating the entity y...

Sum by like data
Question how can I use the SUM command to have it list the grand total for a wtn everytime time it changes? Example data WTN BillAMt 1111111 1.00 1111111 4.26 1111111 5.32 1111111 8.62 2222222 9.36 2222222 83.20 2222222 15.20 2222222 8.20 End result WTN BIllAmt 1111111 19.20 2222222 115.96 Use either pivot table or data>subtotal -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "...

"Tiled" print setting.

Looking up and matching data
I have two sets of data with the same information but not in the same order and am trying to match the data. In each data set I have 10 pools containing 100 loans. Each pool has a unique ID and each loan within the applicable pool has an ID of 1 to 100. I need to look up the Pool ID, then look up the loan ID so that I can extract the property type information from a third column. The Pool ID and property type is text but the loan ID is a number. I am struggling to put together the right combination of formulas to give the property type for each loan within each pool. Any suggestion...

Excel and Open Office #2
I have made a Excel file with many worksheets. Of which i have protected and hidden some of the worksheets. I works fine in the windows. But in Open Office (Linux) all the hidden files also gets opened. which is a security breach. any workarounds? not to display the hidden worksheet in Open office. Kindly help This was a duplicate thread, the original was posted twelve minutes before this thread was started. Please refer to your original posting/thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=6D8216FA-78F8-4212-8B74-1465897492F5%40microsoft.com Don't know if the link will ...

Problems with printing

SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION
Hi, I'm getting a "SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION" error when I run a query that has an expression in it. I'm using linked (ODBC from iSeries) tables and I think it is because the data type is set to decimal but I can't change it because it is a linked table. Any suggestions. On Sep 7, 12:14 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is your expression? > > Steve > > > > "James" wrote: > > Hi, > > > I'm getting a "SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION&quo...