Presentation box with dropdown menu

i want to make a presentation box that is linked with drop down menu i mean
when i choose any thing in the drop down menu its shows the details in the
presentation box. Please help
0
Anandvijay (11)

What do you mean by 'Presentation box'?

"Anand vijay" wrote:

> i want to make a presentation box that is linked with drop down menu i mean
> when i choose any thing in the drop down menu its shows the details in the
> presentation box. Please help
0
Mike1154 (1216)
1/6/2007 1:27:00 PM
I mean any object in which i can show my data i.e., financial figures.

"Mike" wrote:

> What do you mean by 'Presentation box'?
>
> "Anand vijay" wrote:
>
> > i want to make a presentation box that is linked with drop down menu i mean
> > when i choose any thing in the drop down menu its shows the details in the
> > presentation box. Please help
0
Anandvijay (11)
1/6/2007 2:45:01 PM
Hi Anand,

Do you mean a textbox that appears in the vicinity of a clicked on cell
that has a data validation dropdown.

You could try the following...

1. Fill a textbox with your financial data (not too big I hope), then
click on its thick border, where the resizing handles are.

2. Click in the namebox, which is on the left side of the formula bar,
type "MyData" without the speech marks, then press enter. This changes
the textbox's name to the name that the code uses to manipulate its
position and visibility.

3. Copy the following worksheet selection change event code...

Dim shpP As Shape
Set shpP = Me.Shapes("MyData")
If Not Intersect(ActiveCell, _
Range("A31,E13,K1,N45")) Is Nothing Then '<<<edit the address string
Dim Pw As Single, Ph As Single
Dim Cw As Single, Ch As Single, Ct As Single, Cl As Single
Dim VRw As Single, VRh As Single
Dim VRt As Single, VRl As Single
Dim blnRoomAbove As Boolean
Dim blnRoomToLeft As Boolean
Dim blnRoomToRight As Boolean
With shpP
Pw = .Width: Ph = .Height
End With
With ActiveCell
Cw = .Width: Ch = .Height: Cl = .Left: Ct = .Top
End With
With ActiveWindow.VisibleRange
VRw = .Width: VRh = .Height: VRl = .Left: VRt = .Top
End With
blnRoomAbove = Ct - VRt >= Ph
blnRoomToLeft = Cl - VRl >= Pw
blnRoomToRight = Cl + Pw - VRl <= _
Range(Cells(1, ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn), _
Cells(1, ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn + _
ActiveWindow.VisibleRange.Columns.Count _
- 2)).Width
Select Case blnRoomAbove
    Case False
        shpP.Top = Ct
        If blnRoomToLeft Then
            shpP.Left = Cl - Pw
        Else: shpP.Left = Cl + Cw + _
        12 * 100 / ActiveWindow.Zoom
        End If

    Case True
        shpP.Top = Ct - Ph
            If Not blnRoomToRight Then
                shpP.Left = Cl + Cw - Pw
            Else: shpP.Left = Cl
            End If
End Select
    shpP.Visible = True
Else: shpP.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

4. Right click on the worksheet tab and choose "View Code" from the
popup menu.

5. Paste the code into the Worksheet code module that appears.

6. I don't know which cells you want to trigger the MyData textbox
visible, so you will have to edit the address string...

Range("A31,E13,K1,N45")) Is Nothing Then '<<<edit the address string

found close to the top of the code.

If you leave it as is then MyData will only be visible when you click
on any of the four cells A31, E13, K1 or N45. If you require ranges
A2:A50 and D4:H4 to be the triggering cells then you would change the
line to...

Range("A2:A50,D4:H4")) Is Nothing Then '<<<edit the address string

7. Press Alt+F11 to get back to the Excel user interface.

8. The code operation requires that Workbook Security be at Medium and
that "Enable Macros" be the chosen button on the Security Warning
dialog that appears when the workbook is opened. If Security needs to
be adjusted then go Tools|Macro|Security...|check
Medium|OK|Close|Open|Enable Macros on the Security warning dialog.

Ken Johnson

0
KenCJohnson (314)

Pull Down Menu Bar
My pull down menu bar has disappeared from my excel worksheets. Not sure what I did to make this happen and cannot find anything in help except for toolbars. Can some one please tell me how to get the pull downs turned back on> Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros live) hit ctrl-g to get to the immediate window type this and hit enter: application.CommandBars("worksheet menu bar").Enabled = true JB in Kansas wrote: > > My pull down menu bar has disappeared from my excel worksheets. Not sure > what I did to make this happen and cannot find anything in he...

why do my drop down boxes not show up
When I click one of the items on the toolbar, such as "format" the drop down box is invisible. How can I fix this? ...

Auto Adjusting Text Box
Is there any way to have the text box auto adjust the height in a protected form according to the amount of text a user inputs? Thanks! Jae ...

Size of Validation drop down box
How can I increase the size of the Excel data validation box to see more options from my list of selections? KevinI Hi not possible, sorry -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kevin wrote: > How can I increase the size of the Excel data validation > box to see more options from my list of selections? > KevinI ...

How to find Tools menu
Hi there - I'm trying to configure my Accounts and can't find my Tools Icon in the Menu Bar - is it located in some secret place? Have tried to 'restore' under standard and advanced menus in case I had deleted it somehow, but it's still not appearing Any help much appreciated! thanks Feldy Which menus do you see now? By default they are the following; File | Edit | View | Go | Tools | Actions | Help Otherwise force a reset on your Toolbars by renaming outcmd.dat to .old. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19 -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

Popup menu problem
Hi, i've got a problem with a popup menu. I'm writing a dialog based application,which lets the user display a chart in a second dialog. In this second dialog, i let the user choose the range for the plotted quantity by means of a popup menu,which opens a third dialog to let the user choose the range. The problem is here:when this third dialog (a modal dialog) opens,it's opened above the main application dialog,causing the "chart dialog" to be under the main dialog and the third dialog.Instead, i would like thi third dialog to open above the chart dialog(the second...

LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China!
Edlite is dedicate to develop comprehensive technology on advertising light-box including LED; CCFL; EEFL and FLUORESCENT series.We already sell numerous light boxes around the world for tradeshow booth or display purpose. More info,please enter into www.edlite.hk or mail jenny@edlite.hk. Edlite really appreciate for your support! ...

Security Dialog Box
The message "Do you want to show only web pages with secure..." is backwards in its logic and very confusing. Needs to say something like "Do you want to block this insecure content?" This is such an onerous violation of Microsoft's own usability standards that I am looking to turn off the security setting that generates this message. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

Menu add-on Positions
I am using Office 2003 Pro. Is there a way to control where menu add-ons are positioned? I recently installed Adobe Acrobat and it has a PDF menu. Each time I open a new window to send an email it is in a different position on the menu bar. I drag it to where I want it and next time I open up a new window to send an email it is back on its own line up on the very top of the menus. Also, if I right click to have it not show up on the menu it goes away until the next time I open the new window to send another email. Tim No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to th...

Presentation Properties
I have PPT 2007. I have always wondered how to make good use of the Powerpoint Properties dialog box. How can Keywords and Category, for example, be put to good use? What searching system can look inside the properties? Are any properties useful for SEO if a presentation is posted on a website? Thank you. Alessandra In article <51fec317-0258-4865-8da6- dff4d72bdfae@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>, Alessandra wrote: > I have PPT 2007. I have always wondered how to make good use of the > Powerpoint Properties dialog box. > How can Keywords and Category, for example, be...

Exchange mail box
I am trying to use exmerge to archive a mail box, but when ever I try I get the following error message: Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile). Dose anyone know how i can go about fixing this problem. I also have tried to open the box but I am unable to do that also it tells me that the exchange server cannot be contacted. what version Exchange? "Takia" <Takia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A011382-D8D3-4824-9BE2-3189A872B811@microsoft.com... > I am trying to use exmerge to archive...

Custom Project Workspace Not in Dropdown
I created a new Workspace Template for PS 2007 according to the instructions posted on the Project Experts site: http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=21 However, after everything proceeding as described and the template showing up in the available templates for creating new general sites, the template still does not show as an option for default site provisioning. I'm an admin on the server and for PWA and I didn't receive any error messages. Any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks in advance. Hello PublicMike, Have you restated the...

How to stop users from pasting over list box cells?
Hello! I have created an excel worksheet that uses validation to force the users to select a value from a list box. This was great until users figured out that they can over-right the cells by copying and pasting into the cells. How can I stop them from being able to paste over these cells? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!! Mark G. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This won't stop them if they're industrious, but if they do th...

dealing with dialog box
hi, i have created a dialogbox and tab control on that dialogbox. But they have standard colors.But i have make new colors to them. how can i do it. If possible plz explain with an example. Make an owner draw tab control. Check out codeguru.com for some samples. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com The tab control in the Xtreme Toolkit has colored tabs (I use them). (www.codejock.com). I think the Ultimate Toolkit has this also (www.dundas.com). If you are going to do any significant GUI using MFC you may want to check out one of these toolkits for useful gizmos. They have a ...

Several combo boxes (with "All" option included) in a form/subform
I built first a form with 3 combo boxes (all of them with the "All" option created using a Union query) and a subform. Form and subform are linked (Master/Child fields) using the combo boxes. I also tweaked the SQL code for the subform query, following advice from this forum, so that any combination of choices (including the “All” option in all of them) in the 3 combos generates the right set of records in the subform. Perfect so far, with 3 combos, because the number of combinations is not too much. But if I try to expand to 7 combo boxes (i.e. 7 different fields to ...

newbie: How can I get the querystring from the presenter?
Hi asp.net 4.0 vs2010 I wonder how I can get the querystring from within the presenter? Jeff wrote: > Hi > > asp.net 4.0 > vs2010 > > I wonder how I can get the querystring from within the presenter? > > What presenter? Sorry, I thought there was only one type of presenter in the .net framework "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message news:%23P0csJGHLHA.1972@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Jeff wrote: >> Hi >> >> asp.net 4.0 >> vs2010 >> >> I wonder how I can get the ...

save box grayed on opening attachments in outlook 2000
I can open office documents directly from outlook by just clicking on them no prompt it just opens (ie:word) also when opening non office attachments i get this box with save open grayed out http://www.planetarrakis.net/images/image1.jpg how can i fix it so i can either save from here or just open my paint program with out the prompt box? ...

One I type in one box in Publisher, it changes copy in another
I am editing a trifold brochure, when I type in one text box, it changes the type in another box. How do I get that to stop????> It sounds like you've locked three text boxes together or you have only one text box covering the three panels. Unlock the three text boxes or make three text boxes, one for each panel. -- Don Vancouver USA "marmar328" <marmar328@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90456C0D-73C7-40B0-A625-4208198C4AF0@microsoft.com... >I am editing a trifold brochure, when I type in one text box, it changes >the > type in anoth...

Graphs not present
I cannot seem to be able to view graphs in Excel 2002. Any ideas.... DMJ Which graphs would those be? Graphs you created? Graphs in a workbook that was sent to you? More detail please. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:24:32 -0400, "DMJ" <kmd@hotmail> wrote: >I cannot seem to be able to view graphs in Excel 2002. > >Any ideas.... > ...

Linking a one Presentation to Another Presentation
I have several presentations that are linked to my main presentation so when you click a link the secondary presentation opens up. My problem is that everytime I click a link that new presentation opens, which is good, but it doesn't close when I link back to the "home page". Is it possible to have a presentation close when you click the link back to the home page? This sounds like a PowerPoint question? On Mar 17, 8:49=A0am, ElizabethS <Elizabe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several presentations that are linked to my main presentation so...

Tax box on POS
My Store OP POS seems to have a new problem with retail taxes. Every item has been assigned as tax item. Also, to make sure all sales taxes are calculated, I assigned customer taxes as well. A few items from the database still came up untaxed at the point of sale even though all have been checked and assigned as tax items. Z report also has been made. We have to remind the cashiers to double check the text box for every item at the point of sale. Did anyone have this problem? I think I am finding many problems posters here don't identify with because few are running apparel st...

Fixing Comment Box Position!!!!!
I have a worksheet that I have put comment boxes on numerous cells. have coded the sheet to display the comment box when the cell i selected. I am now running into a problem because the size, shape an position of my comment boxes will not stay where I initialy set them. Is there a way to fix the size and position of my comment boxes? want the box to display the information in an ideal location on th page. Please Help!!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi ........................................., You have no control over where comment boxes appear. You do have contro...

Presenting and hiding the Naviagation pane
I can press a key sequence (Ctl+N) and get the Navigation pane, but is there a mechanism to hide it via a key stroke, such as Ctl+Shift+N? -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little No, but you may be able to create one using an AutoKeys macro. Create a function in a standard module named something like basUtilities (aircode): Public Function HideNavPain() DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "MSysObjects", True DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide End Function You can change acTable to acForm and use one of your form names. Now create a macro and name it AutoKeys. That name is a...

Raptivity Presenter
Trying to get my head and a presentation wrapped around the new = Raptivity Presenter. It really looks great, and I have been working = with it a bit, or trying to, as time allows, which is not as much as I'd = like. I have covered all the info and samples on the Raptivity website, = but, I still don't fully understand how it works in the PPT = presentation. Also, as I understand, it only works in PPT apps, which I = rarely use anymore, and does not work with the PPTX.=20 I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and might have some tips, = suggestions, recommendations or...

inserting combo box in list control
Hi all, I want to insert a combo box in one of the columns of list control. What are the steps that i need to follow to achieve that??...any tutorial or code would be appreciated Thanks kunal This might do it for you: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/CustomizedReportListCtrl.asp Tom "kunal s patel" <kunalspatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2205BDC3-D8B7-46E3-ABD8-D17FC45C4954@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I want to insert a combo box in one of the columns of list control. What > are > the steps that i need to follow to achieve t...