Precis Numbers

A3 is the result of A1/21
I want to bracket the number in  A4
In MSWorks I would type the statement
="["&string(A3,0)&"]"

In excel I get in some cells [1.436871259834]
I'd like it to read [1]

Help please.

--
rodney@touch88gum.com.au
(Remove gum to reply)

0
rodney (31)

Rodney,

="["&ROUND(A3,0)&"]"

--
HTH,
Bernie
"Rodney" <rodney@touch88.com.au> wrote in message
> A3 is the result of A1/21
> I want to bracket the number in  A4
> In MSWorks I would type the statement
> ="["&string(A3,0)&"]"
>
> In excel I get in some cells [1.436871259834]
> I'd like it to read [1]
>
> Help please.
>

> --
> rodney@touch88gum.com.au
> (Remove gum to reply)

0
Bernie
6/17/2004 12:57:25 PM
Many thanks Bernie.

| Rodney,
| ="["&ROUND(A3,0)&"]"
 HTH,
| Bernie
| MS Excel MVP

0
rodney (31)

OL 2003: tools for managing a large number of email rules
I have over 40 email rules to process incoming messages and sort them into diffrent folders. Mostly these are messages for different listservs. Some are from my bank, from eBay or Travelocity, etc., Some are from specific people like my wife or kids. Problem is, how do I manage all this? Is there any way to print out the list of rules or the rules themselves? Is there any way to edit them with a third-party tool outside of Outlook? I've looked at slipstick, I've googled, etc, and I can't find anything that meets this need. I would even be willing to do a bit of VBA, if someo...

return data between numbers
i have a data base that has data in a field showing 200101 to 200710 i need to pull data between 200101 and 200112, then 200201 and 200212 ., etc. I have tried between but to no avail Is your field with 200101 a text or number field? Do you want to total some other fields so as to rollup data by the year? Post your table structure - field names and data type. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "lost in a wildcard query" wrote: > i have a data base that has data in a field showing 200101 to 200710 > i need to pull data between 200101 and 200112, then 200201...

Order numbers from smallest to largest
I have a list of random numbers in column A, in column B I would like the number 1 to show up next to the lowest number in column A. I can't use sort because each random number is in a group of 3 rows that I need to keep together. I am looking for something like this, A containing the random number, B containing the order of the numbers in column A. A B 1 16 3 2 8 1 3 52 5 4 12 2 5 19 4 Does anyone even know if this is even possible? Actually, this might look better A...... B 16.....3 8...... 1 52..... 5 12....

Table Numbering with Numbers and Letters
I'm working on a doc with someone who is pushing me to use "sub-table" numbering for tables, like this: He wants Tables 7A, 7B, and 7C as opposed to Tables 7, 8, and 9. Can I tweak the field coding to handle this? If he forces me to to go this route, I'm looking at manually numbering the tables/figures/x-refs in a 200+ page technical doc. :-( Thanks, -Hans Hi Hans I don't really use the Table caption numbering, so not sure if it can be tweaked in this way - suspect not. Where does the "7" come from? If it relates to the heading or c...

CCV Number
I have a customer using Store Operations V1.3.0203 and PCCharge Pro V5.7.1 for credit card processing. He wants to know if there is anything that can be turned on to force the entry of the CCV number on hand keyed credit card transactions at the register. Thanks for any help and insight Gregg no! I believe rms doesn’t support ccv and zip code entries. today that is a must on most pos systems. microsoft is kind of late when it comes to credit card processing. "Gregg" <Gregg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0614AE3B-4456-421E-8389-ECD2FB900BEA@microsoft.c...

Where do I find the Product Identification Number to
The Product Identification Number can be found by going to the Application menu. For example, if you have Word open, choose the Word menu and select About Word. At the bottom you will find the Product ID. Eric Olson [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "lauren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6fa101c3e770$27b14bf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Convert between numbers and labels
Alright, here's the setup. I have an index list (hereafter referred to as INDEX), which is a table with one column of (unique) numbers, and another column of corresponding labels. I have another table, hereafter referred to as INPUT, with a bunch of numbers. What I want to do is have Access take the INPUT, and create a table (or query, whatever) that will convert these numbers into their corresponding lables from the INDEX. (I also need to be able to convert labels into corresponding numbers, the exact opposite process.) I have already tried using a query, and setting up a relationshi...

paragraph numbering #2
I have a word document that has been imported to Publisher 2007. It contains a lot of outline numbering which is lost on import. How can I format outline numbering in Publisher as it does not appear to be available. e.g. 3. Heading 1 3.1 Heading 2 3.1.1 Heading 3 Judicious use of tabs is about the only way in Publisher. Set, change, or clear tab stops http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101732551033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "EdGarrett" <EdGarrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E68CC3D5-4CBD-4F9F-8A88-1B2A131B402E@microsoft.co...

Convert a number to a date
I'm working with data that's been downloaded from another source. Part of the data represents a date, but it comes through as 90103 for Sept 1, 2003 or 111103 for November 11, 2003. Is there a way to format the numbers so they would appear as mm/dd/yy? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, For a value of the kind your're using in A1, the following formula in, say B1, will convert it to a date: =DATE(RIGHT(A1,2),MID(TEXT(A1,"000000"),3,2),LEFT(TEXT(A1,"000000"),2)) Cheers "Boop914" <Boop914.ylkdn@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Calculate how may times a number or text is used in a column
I am a novice at using Excel and I am unsure if the following can be done I have two columns, one contains a mixture of numeric values, most of which are repeated many times. The other column is simular except that it contains words of which are repeated many times Is there a way to calculate how many of each number or word are in there coulumns ie Numbers ----------------------------> Count Tota 1 1 2 2 3 ...

Numbers?
If i am making a list of things and it goes in numerical order, e.g. 1-25 and i had to delete 23, wot do i have to do in order for the numbers to automatically change or recognise that the number has been deleted and should therefore go down in number? Any help would be most appreciated. Thankx. I, for one, don't understand the question. "danni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b2d01c397d6$955188d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > If i am making a list of things and it goes in numerical > order, e.g. 1-25 and i had to delete 23, wot do i have...

Fill cells increment row number i fomula
Hi.. I have to link two cells, where the original cells is 25 rows apart. How can I in the recieving spreadsheet copy down with 25 rows increment in formula. If A1: =sheet1!$KE$1 and A2: =sheet1!$KE$26 I want to fill this down in such way that A3: =sheet1!$KE$51 and A4: =sheet1!$KE$76 and so on. So you see, in sheet1 the data is 25 rows apart, while in sheet2 the value should come in every cell in the row. I'm not talking about the fill function which seems to refer to the value of the cell only, and not the formula. Is this possible? -- Kind regards �yvind Granberg tresfjo...

Continue numbering in numbered list
I'm wondering if the "Continue numbering" option is in Publisher as it is in Word? Example: I start creating a numbered list. After the second item, I need to insert a few bullets. I then want to go back to the numbered list. Word has a smart tag, asking if you want to continue numbering. Is there a similar feature in Publisher? Right now, I have to go to Format, Bullets & Numbering and change the start number every time this happens. Shift+enter... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rmj71" <rmj71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

format into numbers from webpage
I'm trying to copy/paste my credit card transactions from a webpage into a worksheet, because the website doesnot provide a facility for downloading the details. I'm using Office 2003. Using Opera, my Excel Paste Special... options are Unicode text and text, both of which produces undesirable effects in that each field is shown on separate lines, for example: date name description amount Using IE, the Paste Special... options has an additional HTML option. Using this option, the transactions appear correctly line by line, and each field had their own columns; for example: date(colA)...

Serial Numbers #2
We are unable to enter some serial numbers that been returned. We receive an error "Serial numbers must be entered for the selected site". The serial number exists in the following tables: SOP10201 IV30400 IV00200 How can I fix this? We get the same issue and something funky happens to serial numbers when returned. Running inventory reconcile fixes it. Need to track this down and report it to Microsoft... "Troyz" wrote: > We are unable to enter some serial numbers that been returned. We receive an > error "Serial numbers must be entered for the sel...

Automatic numbering
In word 2007 i used to be able to type 1. and hit enter and it would start a number list automatically. Now it does not. How can i turn this back on? Office button => Word Options => Proofing => AutoCorrect Options... Under "AutoFormat As You Type", make sure that "Automatic numbered lists" is selected. You might want to check the "AutoFormat" tab as well. Yves "kyleb" <kyleb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86163DE6-19BE-4E80-83C9-CDAC56876BEB@microsoft.com... > In word 2007 i used to be able to type 1....

POP Invoice entry should assign Voucher Number
I have been asked on many occasions why the Voucher Number is not assigned when entering a POP Invoice rather than another Receipt no. Customers find it confusing and normally like to write the voucher number on the hard copy for filing during entry. Currently when the POP Invoice is posted it then assigns a Voucher number and they have to go back after the event and cross reference it. Surely it would make more sense to allocate it at the beginning and only use Receipt Numbers just for Receipts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the su...

I want access to ask for a number then use that number to print la
I have a table with all of the parts nessicary to build a component. I want the operator to enter the work order number and quantity required. I want Access to print out labels which contain all of the parts in my table and print the work order number on each label as well as multiply the quantity the operator entered by the quantity of each part in the table. So you want a user to enter a Work Order #, Component, and Quantity, and have the label print out part numbers and quantities? You can build a form with three text boxes on it and have the user fill out WO#, qty and Component. Y...

Convert integer number to binary string
I need to convert a interger, (minimum 0, maximum value is 4294967295 or 0xFFFFFFFF in hex equivalent) to a "32-bit" binary string between "00000000000000000000000000000000" to "11111111111111111111111111111111"; any ideas??? Hi, int n = 54654; // your int char buf[33]; // number of bits plus '\0' CString s = itoa(n, buf, 2); // 2 - base // you can use both buf and s -- ====== Arman pfnus@hotmail.com wrote: > I need to convert a interger, (minimum 0, maximum value is 4294967295 > or 0xFFFFFFFF in hex equivalent) > > to a "32-bit...

Negative Number Formats
Can anyone help? I have Excel 2003 and despite setting=20 all regional options correctly and specifying number=20 formats as (99), (=A399) etc I still can't get Excel to=20 display them in parentheses. I seem to remember from=20 Excel XP that you have to install/uninstall=20 certain "foreign" language options but can't remember=20 what. Please e-mail if you have the key! Thanks I'd double check that windows setting: Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Regional Settings Currency Tab|Negative Number Format (that was the path I used in Win98.) Paul Handley wro...

Number of licenses
Does anyone know on how many computers I am allowed to install one copy of Money 2005 Deluxe? For instance, in my family we have three computers and I would like to install it on all of them. Is this allowed with the license? What is the limit? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Jesse wrote: >Does anyone know on how many computers I am allowed to >install one copy of Money 2005 Deluxe? For instance, in >my family we have three computers and I would like to >install it on all of them. Is this allowed with the >license? What is the limit? In Money, look at Help-&...

Zero Placeholders in number cell
Hi: Is it possible to have zero (0) placeholders in an excel 2003 cell. For example I have a column with number cells which calculate sequentially. I have a need for the first and subsequent numbers to have four digits (ex. 0001, 0002 etc.). The zero's of course do not show when they are entered. Is there a way to do this and still have it calculate??? Thanks in advance. -- B. Parizo It's called leading zeroes. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/show_leading_zeroes_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "B. Parizo" <BPariz...

Page Numbering #2
Is there a way to have page numbering span multiple worksheets in a file? I would like to be able to print all the worksheets in a file and have the page numbers in the second worksheet pick up where the page numbers in the first worksheet ended without having to manually adjust the start point in worksheet 2. Please response back to the group. Thanks. JWeinberg I assume the page numbers are set up in your header/footer. If this is correct then all you need to do is select all the sheets you want to print by clicking on each sheet tab while holding down the control key. This will the...

Formatting phone numbers in Outlook 2003
Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in Outlook 2003 so that they appear as xxx yyy zzzz that is no dashes, no parentheses? If I am going to synch to my PDA I want the numbers as short as possible and, to me, as readable as possible. Steve No. Masking of phone numbers is hard coded and based on your default dialing location. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve E." <stevee21@swbell.net> wrote in message news:2dd601c48eb8$3ff4a1e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in > Outlook 2003 so that they appear as x...

Make positive number negitive
Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this column in a query all negitive values. I am using the IIf function but it is not working. Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] >=0, [budget_amount]*-1, [budget_amount]) or is there another function I could use? On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:18:00 -0700, Tamm Fox wrote: > Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this > column in a query all negitive values. > > I am using the IIf function but it is not working. > > Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] &g...