Pivot table question #4

Hello all,
I am working on a Excel data table.  The 3 columns are year(i.e.
2011), dollar amount, purchase dollar amount.  I have been asked to
group by year in the following buckets.

0-2 years
2-3 years
3-5 years
5-10 years
10+ years

I seem to be able to group by 2 year intervals, 3 year intervals etc,
but cannot seem to group as I have been asked.  That is 2 years, then
1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you!  TimD
0
malorcus (2)

On Feb 10, 7:36=A0pm, tdkooch <malor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am working on a Excel data table. =A0The 3 columns are year(i.e.
> 2011), dollar amount, purchase dollar amount. =A0I have been asked to
> group by year in the following buckets.
>
> 0-2 years
> 2-3 years
> 3-5 years
> 5-10 years
> 10+ years
>
> I seem to be able to group by 2 year intervals, 3 year intervals etc,
> but cannot seem to group as I have been asked. =A0That is 2 years, then
> 1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years. =A0Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thank you! =A0TimD

Which version of EXCEL please?
0
info9487 (39)
2/10/2011 7:49:01 PM
On Feb 10, 7:36=A0pm, tdkooch <malor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am working on a Excel data table. =A0The 3 columns are year(i.e.
> 2011), dollar amount, purchase dollar amount. =A0I have been asked to
> group by year in the following buckets.
>
> 0-2 years
> 2-3 years
> 3-5 years
> 5-10 years
> 10+ years
>
> I seem to be able to group by 2 year intervals, 3 year intervals etc,
> but cannot seem to group as I have been asked. =A0That is 2 years, then
> 1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years. =A0Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thank you! =A0TimD

Which version of EXCEL please?
0
info9487 (39)
2/10/2011 7:49:29 PM
On Feb 10, 1:49=A0pm, trip_to_tokyo <i...@pierrefondes.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 7:36=A0pm, tdkooch <malor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> > I am working on a Excel data table. =A0The 3 columns are year(i.e.
> > 2011), dollar amount, purchase dollar amount. =A0I have been asked to
> > group by year in the following buckets.
>
> > 0-2 years
> > 2-3 years
> > 3-5 years
> > 5-10 years
> > 10+ years
>
> > I seem to be able to group by 2 year intervals, 3 year intervals etc,
> > but cannot seem to group as I have been asked. =A0That is 2 years, then
> > 1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years. =A0Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated. Thank you! =A0TimD
>
> Which version of EXCEL please?

Excel 2007 thank you
0
malorcus (2)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

MS XML DOM question
Hello, Do MS XML DOM's functions lock files when XML is being read/written from/to it. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Mark. ...

join multiple pivot tables?

A stupid Question?
I am a beginner of mfc. Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others thx a lot^^ Open both the projects together in the workspace. Now drag the resources between projects as needed. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "adams" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:bogk5k$fkm$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk... | I am a beginner of mfc. | Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others | thx a lot^^ | | i can't drag the resources between two opened project can you expand in detail thank a lot "Ajay K...

Help with pivot table

Wierd Forward question in Outlook 2000
I had a user complaint today that really got me thinking. Here's the situation: User A sends an email to User B B forwards email only to User C B receives an email back from A regarding forward to C before C reads the message. I make two assumptions here, based on what I know about users B and C: 1) User C did not have a rule set up to forward email to A (No way he would do this) 2) User B did indeed only forward, and not reply plus add C to the email So, how does User A see the forward sent to C? A is a member of the administrators group, but does not have the administrator user pas...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Question regarding scrolling
I have a rather large Excel document (45,000 lines) that I must manually review, and in specific cases refer to other lines in the general vicinity that occur either above or below it. What I am trying to discover is if there is a way to have the row I am actively in always remain "centered" instead of the default method in which, as you scroll down and hit the bottom line visible on your monitor from that point on as one line is added at the bottom as on is taken from the top. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can accomplish this? Please help! Thanks! (This was copie...

Using formulas for pivot table

Navigation question for Excel97
I have my spreadsheet set up to move one cell to the right when I hit 'Enter'. What I would like to do is as follows: On entering column F, I want the cursor to move to column A of the next row. Thanks. :) -- Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandy.com.invalid> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/ PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This Change-event macro should do it for you......... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Macro returns cursor to column A one row down after...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Purchase Orders questions
I guess we do things differnt from everyone else. Most of our orders are made by a sales men of that productline. Mainly because he knows when its on sale how long its on sale and he also counts it each week to make sure of what we are selling. So here is the problem because he makes the order all we have to do is punch in the order to RMS. We use reorder numbers to do this but it seems like it takes so many steps to get the reorder number in. Then my thought was to just use our percon unit to scan the item when we recieve it and then download it in. But RMS Store Ops wont do that. H...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

Word Art #4
I have been using Microsoft Publisher since the 1995 edition. I have had 4 subsequent versions. My most recent was included with MS Office Professional 2003. I have removed this version and reinstalled a previous one for 2 reasons: 1) The new 'Word Art' feature is like the one has been used in Word for many years. It does not provide the user with the flexibilty of the older versions. 2) The new Clip Art Organizer is inferior to the previous versions and extremely laborious and time consuming to work with and I lack the patience and time to organize something that was extreme...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...