pivot table macro

I want to create a pivot table using the pivot table wizzard from a worksheet
into a worksheet with the name table by running a macro. when I record the
macro I create the pivot table using the wizzard and it works fine but when I
try to run the macro again it errors "unable to get the pivot tables property
of the worksheet class" any help?
0
skippy51 (2)

Hi

Post the code you have created

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"skippy51" <skippy51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a pivot table using the pivot table wizzard from a
> worksheet
> into a worksheet with the name table by running a macro. when I record the
> macro I create the pivot table using the wizzard and it works fine but
> when I
> try to run the macro again it errors "unable to get the pivot tables
> property
> of the worksheet class" any help?

0
Roger
5/12/2008 10:20:53 AM
Sub pivottest1()
'
' pivottest1 Macro
' Macro recorded 5/11/2008 by Skip Bryczek
'

'
    Sheets("temps").Select
    Cells.Select
    Selection.Clear
    Range("A1").Select
    Sheets("Temp_report").Select
    ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _
        "Temp_report!R1C1:R697C16").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:= _
        "'[Scanner Readings test1.xls]temps'!R1C1",
TableName:="PivotTable1", _
        DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion10
    With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1")
        .ColumnGrand = False
        .PageFieldOrder = xlOverThenDown
        .PageFieldWrapCount = 8
        .RowGrand = False
    End With
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").AddFields RowFields:="Asset", _
        ColumnFields:="Item"
    With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Reading")
        .Orientation = xlDataField
        .Caption = "Average of Reading"
        .Function = xlAverage
    End With
    ActiveWorkbook.ShowPivotTableFieldList = False
End Sub

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Post the code you have created
>
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> "skippy51" <skippy51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to create a pivot table using the pivot table wizzard from a
> > worksheet
> > into a worksheet with the name table by running a macro. when I record the
> > macro I create the pivot table using the wizzard and it works fine but
> > when I
> > try to run the macro again it errors "unable to get the pivot tables
> > property
> > of the worksheet class" any help?

0
skippy51 (2)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Macro change problem
This Macro uses a Column "E" of unique numbers in Archive sheet for any changes in Current sheet and if it finds any overwites the data in the corresponding rows on Archive sheet. Both sheets currently have 31 columns. I need to remove the B column from both sheets which means the unique numbers in Column E will now be Column D and both sheets down to 30 columns. I changed references to "E" in the script to "D" and the Resize values to 30, but it does'nt work, I get an error message and when I debug the highlited line is : Dn1.Offset(, -...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Macro Warning
I keep getting a macro warining dialog when I open 'small business contact' designated contacts in Outlook 2000. This is a form that came with the program, I did not design it. This is extremely annoying. How can I get this warning to recognize that this is a Microsoft supplied form that came with the progeam. How does it turn off? ...

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

Macro to toggle move selection after entry direction
Using XL2002, I have a form to fill in which requires the entry of quite a few numbers. The form is designed so the numbers are entered acrross columns instead of down rows. It would speed up the entry if i could enter a number, then press "Enter", and have the cell to the right selected instead of the cell below. Is there a macro where i can toggle between moving the selection right or moving it down? It would sure speed up my work! Thanks... Tonso Not necessary. Tools>options>edit>>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.r...

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Macro to disable cutfunction
Hi, I have tried to construct a code to open the workbook withou commandbars and without the cut-function. But when I open the workbook, I get "compile-error", and when openin the module it says I need to define the type "Dim oCtls As CommandBarsControls". I use this in a workbook that contains a lot of macros and sheets, bu when I test in a new workbook it works fine. Can anyone help to get it right? Here�s the code: Sub Auto_Open() With ActiveWindow Application.CommandBars(1).Enabled = False 'True to restore .DisplayHeadings = False .DisplayWorkbookTabs =...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

Macro error after switching from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003
My company recently switched from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003 and now a macro I created does not work. It gives me the error 1004 and highlights the line of code where I set it up to open certain files in a folder. This macro has been working for 6 months without fail and only has problems opening the Excel files I created after the switch to 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Without any other info the only suggestion is to see if your sheets have different names. For example, a statement like: Sheets("Feb Sales").Cells(i, j+5) = k might cause a 1004 error if the new workb...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...