Pivot Table calculated field error

I have a calculated field in a pivot table in Excel 2007 that averages the
selling price of an item. The Columns are the years from 2008 to present,
Row Labels are items then by Customer Type, and the values are Quantities
Sold, Total Dollar Amount and the calculated field is the average selling
price (Dollars/Quantity).
The problem is that each item is not sold for every year and I get Div/0
error. When I try the following =if(Dollars<>0, Dollars/Quantity,"") the
#value error replaces the Div/0 error.
I looked at the Contexture website and didn't find any idea as to solve the
problem. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Lee

0
Lee

Hi Lee

Right click on PT>Table Options>Layout & Format>Format>Show  errors
as>leave as blank
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Lee wrote:
> I have a calculated field in a pivot table in Excel 2007 that averages
> the selling price of an item. The Columns are the years from 2008 to
> present, Row Labels are items then by Customer Type, and the values are
> Quantities Sold, Total Dollar Amount and the calculated field is the
> average selling price (Dollars/Quantity).
> The problem is that each item is not sold for every year and I get Div/0
> error. When I try the following =if(Dollars<>0, Dollars/Quantity,"") the
> #value error replaces the Div/0 error.
> I looked at the Contexture website and didn't find any idea as to solve
> the problem. Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Lee
0
Roger
4/15/2010 6:03:14 PM
Thanks for the help. It worked when I checked the box and left it empty.
Lee

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4nospamu.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Lee
>
> Right click on PT>Table Options>Layout & Format>Format>Show  errors
> as>leave as blank
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> Lee wrote:
>> I have a calculated field in a pivot table in Excel 2007 that averages
>> the selling price of an item. The Columns are the years from 2008 to
>> present, Row Labels are items then by Customer Type, and the values are
>> Quantities Sold, Total Dollar Amount and the calculated field is the
>> average selling price (Dollars/Quantity).
>> The problem is that each item is not sold for every year and I get Div/0
>> error. When I try the following =if(Dollars<>0, Dollars/Quantity,"") the
>> #value error replaces the Div/0 error.
>> I looked at the Contexture website and didn't find any idea as to solve
>> the problem. Any help is appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>> Lee

0
Lee

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

error with sending mails .

sql 2000 error handling
hi, I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the error message. Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? SQL2000 sp4a thanks, Mecn (mecn@yahoo.com) writes: > I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. > > I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the > error message. > Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? Where do you want to retrieve the error message? Your question is somewhat terse. Maybe you could elaborate a bit? ...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

How do I calculate the Root Mean Square (RMS)
=SQRT(AVERAGE(A1:A5^2)) array entered (ctrl+shift+enter) where A1:a5 is the range where the number range exists "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" <aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AECE52A-2666-43FB-9717-3D98B2747894@microsoft.com... > aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, You need to know the values you're wanting the RMS of. If this is electronics, where RMS is virtually completely misunderstood, you need to say what the waveform is (sine, square, program material, or what), and what you know about...

What is the logic having ItemID mandatory in Field Service Equipem
Why MS done this. I wanted to implement field service with GP in automotive industry, and mapping the equipment as customer vehicle but the probelm is that everytime I create vehicle record I have to also create the item. Thing If I have 100000 vehicles (equipemnts) then same items I have to create. Secondly what will be type of item, can be just have only Vehicle (Equipment) and not having item. Microsoft what is the logic behind this and none of the document state why it is like that. ...

Converting Leads to Contacts Duplicate errors
We cannot convert leads to contacts and are getting duplicate errors. There are no duplicates. We are running 4.0 rollup 11. And we get this error everytime we try on CRM server: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 8/3/2010 Time: 2:35:01 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-APP Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/3/2010 2:35:01 PM Event time (UTC): 8/3/2010 7:35:01 PM Event ID: 19b210ef795f42129b2af3d7b447c2bc Event sequence: 157 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Applic...

join multiple pivot tables?

Changing the calculation order
Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to start fro the lower right? Excel automatically adjusts its final calculation order depending on the dependency chain in such a way as to get the correct result regardless of formula sequence. Why would you want to change this? Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel 2.1 now available www.DecisionModels.com "A Process Modeler" <A Process Modeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D17FF7C-D763-4FAB-980C-463DB8A75FCA@microsoft.com... > Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to ...

RunTime Error
Getting an run-time error 1004 on this simple statement Sheets("AllSheet").Select Range("A28:A29").Select Can't figure out why. What does the error message say? Does your file have a sheet named "AllSheet"? Look at the spelling carefully. Does the sheet name in the sheet tab have a space before or after the name? If you're not sure, rename the sheet the same name, being careful to not add a space before or after the name. HTH Otto "HeartSA" <haertSA@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23YFsc5D0FHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.p...

Help with pivot table

Error message c:\windows\system32\actext.dll
I get the following in opening Outlook 2002 ..can anyone help?? ...

Custom Calculation Problem
I have a 4 column table (Column A,B,C and D)as my source data. D contains numbers. I do a pivot table report. I layout A,B and C (in this order with subtotals off) as row fields and D as datafield as sum. I reenter D into the data area and do a custom calculation by specifying Show data as: "Difference From", with Base field = B and Base item = (previous). The result i wanted would have a sum of all B items with common A's as well as the difference between consecutive items. The custom calculation behaves inconsistently: for some items, it shows the difference for some it doesn...

Using formulas for pivot table

win 32 error
i am trying to open files from a disk that i had on my old computer it ran xl 97 and my new computer has xp on it everytime i try to open the file it says that it isnt win 32 compatable i need some help ...

Error Sending Email
ON Windows 2003 Server I have also installed Email Router on our Exchange Server, But now i get this error, everyone has this error about sending email, �s there any solution for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 18.11.2003 Time: 17:15:23 User: N/A Computer: DBCRM Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispat...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

calculated fields on form and workflow
Hi all We've got the following problem. We use js to calculate fields on the opportunity form. (just summate some numbers) Now, we want to adjust the probability due to the state of the tasks you have to complete within a opportunity with the help of a workflow. The problem now is, that the calculated fields are not want to update with the new given probability! (javascript runs only with update/open/save the form or change field) What would be the best practise to realise something like that? Or is it simple possible to run js within a workflow to re-calculate it with the new pr...

Money 2005 Startup Error
I have been receiving the feared '...not able to complete the Money update." The version I have is 14.0.150.805 which I assume has the patches applied. If it is, how do I stop the message from appearing? If not, how do I get this update to run? The post update version is 1105. Try opening the sample.mny file and leave it alone till the update has completed - perhaps overnight. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

ODBC Errors after XP Conversion
I am attempting to convert An Access97 application to XP that uses one .mdb for forms, queries, etc., another for database, plus accesses tables on an AS/400 via ODBC. After running the conversion, I am able to access the .mdb data, but not the AS/400 data (neither in application or in development mode). I get 'ODBC - connection to AS400- DSN failed. (Error 3151)' I've tried several times to recreate new DSN with various parms, but can't get around this. Any help? Thanks, Ted ...