Permission to use object denied.

I have a user on a Windows 2000 machine with user rights.
The user is also running office 97. When he opens a excel
speedsheet and Enable's Macros, he gets the following
message; "Permission to use object denied".

Hi Shannon............

It sounds like there is some sort of link to another workbook that a macro
is calling and your user does not have rights to it.

I  think I would open the book without enabling the macros, and then take a
look at them to see if one is trying to do such a thing.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Shannon" <Shannon507@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have a user on a Windows 2000 machine with user rights.
> The user is also running office 97. When he opens a excel
> speedsheet and Enable's Macros, he gets the following
> message; "Permission to use object denied".

0
croberts1 (105)

Can the retail management software be used to help build an e-com.
I am about to open a retail store and also want to set up a web site. Is there the capability of integrating info from the retail files into the website? New West technology has a great package "down in new orleans" <down in new orleans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97A30580-A242-43DB-89FF-EF44FE70A7A1@microsoft.com... >I am about to open a retail store and also want to set up a web site. Is > there the capability of integrating info from the retail files into the > website? www.nitroasl.com "down in new orleans" <down in new...

Using the CASE function in SmartList Builder
I need to create a calculated field in SmartList Builder to print the Payroll Transaction History:UPR TRX Amount when the Payroll Transaction History:Payroll Code is not equal to certain values. Here is the sql query I would run to select those results: SELECT UPRTRXAM FROM UPR30300 WHERE PAYROLCD NOT IN ('STD', 'LTD', 'XMAS', 'BONUS', 'CAR', 'CLOTH', 'ADDPAY'). Normally I would use restrictions to restrict the whole SmartList object but I need those records to be available for another column. I haven't really worked with t...

faq: use position of CList can find the element?
Hi, In CList , we can use variable of type POSITION to GetAt(),SetAt(),etc. Now if we use it like this: funtion1(POSITION currentpos, POSITION& previouspos) { };//in function1 return the value of previouspos funtion1 returns the value of previouspos, can I use it to GetAt(previouspos) the element in another function2: function2() { .... mypoint=mysegment.mypointlist.GetAt(previouspos); .... }; .... does it worked? I mean , wether the position of CList is soly and fixed when the CList created? Thanks. Thank you very much! :) Thank this newsgroup very much! :) Visual Studio ...

Hanging/freezing when using connected mailboxes
I'm at a law firm and many of the secretaries have their attorneys mailboxes hooked into their outlook. Even with new PCs and a fresh install of office '03 their outlook sessions tend to freeze and crash very often when interacting with their attorney mailboxes. Sometimes they get right in with no issues. Cached mode only seems to make it slower. I was wondering if anyone knew any tricks to making this tolerable. We use office '03 with XP OS and '03 exchange server that's across the U.S. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Using Transactions
Hi, I have tried using a transaction to make sure that changes to a number of tables are completed successfully, or all rolled back. However, I cannot get the transaction to rollback, and the changes are applied regardless. My test code below deletes all the records from a series of tables. Even when I select No at the end, all my tables end up empty! Any help is very much appreciated! Cheers, Jim 'set workspace for transaction Set wrkDefault = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) MyArray(0) = "tbl_Users" MyArray(1) = "tbl_Applicants" MyArray(2) = "t...

Secure Messaging (signed and encrypted) with external/interdivisional Recipients using Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003
I currently have to evaluate a solution for a signed and encrypted Exchange 2003 (SP2)Outlook 2003 (SP2) messaging environment, externally to the internet and "network internally" with other divisions (which are not trusted into our Win2003 Forest/Exchange 2003 Org.). MS PKI is in place and is used within our Forest/Exchange Org for secure messaging. My questions here are: Are there any possibilities for external, secure messaging (digitally signed and encrypted) using the existing MS PKI Infrastructure? Would a MS PKI cross certification infrastructure work with external internet ...

Running Sum used in calculation in Report
I have 12 columns, two are running sums (work great), I need those two running sum calculations to multiply together and that result in another column. I have tried a number of solutions and I'm still stuck. I hope I'm giving enough information. In the below example 2, 81, 4 and 84 are results of running sums of other columns. 2 81 here I need the result of 2*81 4 84 here I need the result of 4*84 I would expect that if the totals were needed in the same report section, all you would need to do is reference the names of the text boxes in an expression like: ...

Pinpad
When I go into "Configure OPOS Service Objects" and select pinpad then test I get an "Access Denied" error message followed by "Unable to OPEN device (Error Code: 104). I am getting this message on both of my terminals, however one of my pinpads displays "READY" where the other one says "OFFLINE". Is there any good documentation on how to setup and trouble shoot these pinpads? Michael, First, have the pinpad(s) been sent to your processor and had them encrypted? Second is it plugged into a serial port on the computer and not a Serial=>...

Re-direct without Exchange using Outlook XP?
Is there a way to have Outlook XP redirect email without owning Exchange? I want to buy a Blackberry, and I want to keep my existing email account. thanks in advancee. Please respond here to the group. My email address is not listed so as to escape at least some spam. :) What do you mean "re-direct?" You can use Rules Wizard to forward mail if that is what you mean. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives and finding no answer, News <blarg@blarg.com> asked: | Is there a way to have Outlo...

objects created in 2002 (2000 format) not avail in 2000 boxes
I have created a new query and report in an Access 2000 database. This is the first modification since my PC was upgraded to 2002. The database is still in 2000 format (according to the banner). Other users, however, do not see the newly created query or report? (They are Access 2000) Any suggestions? TIA, tj Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Is this database in a shared folder that multiple people can access, or did you create your own copy of the database? Maybe you are using the wrong file. Verify that the file is in 2000 forma...

Using zeros as placeholders
Is there a formula to add zeros (or any character) to a cell with a fixed width? I am currently using a formula, =A1&REPT(" ",20-LEN(A1)), which will extend the character length of a cell to 20, this works for items that are left justified and entries that contain fewer than 20 characters just have spaces to fill up the remaining charaters. What I am looking for is a way to add characters to the front of an entry and still enforce the fixed length. Example: A cell contains 123456789 I would like the cell to have a fixed length of 20 chracters, and the "missing" c...

Outlook 2003 SP2
Hi all, I would like to know if, in order to use a signature that includes a small picture (company logo), it is necessary to use word as email editor. I would really like to avoid using word ! I tried today and it didn't seem to work (the picture was not displayed, just the boring red x showed up). Thanks in advance. barabba72@hotmail.com <barabba72@hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to know if, in order to use a signature that includes a > small picture (company logo), it is necessary to use word as email > editor. I would really like to avoid using word ! See this:...

Workflow against System Created Object
Hello World! I have built similar workflow in the past, but this one is stumbling me! My scenario: We are using c360 Email Marketing - When a "Communication Audit" is created I need to email the "Contacts Owner". When a "User" creates a "Communication Audit" my workflow runs smoothly. But when the Audit is created by the "System" the workflow doesn't run. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in Advance Anthony On May 30, 9:29=A0am, awakin <awa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello World! > > I have built simil...

is it possible to show a cell value using IF(AND function
I would like to show the value of Cell A1 in Cell A3 , what do I need to replace "=A1" portion of formula The cell format is set for numbers and there is also some conditional formating Formula contained in cell A3 =IF(AND(A1>0.1,A1<99),"=A1","") Displays Result as =A1 Thanks in advance all assistance or guidance greatly appreciated. Hi Almost there!! Just replace the "=A1" with A1 =IF(AND(A1>0.1,A1<99),A1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier "FennisDuck" <Fennis@Menace.AOL.com> wrote in message news:%...

Using .FON fonts in a bilingual CRichEditCtrl
Hello, I work in a bilingual WinXP enviroment, with different keyboard layouts and alphabets for each language. I have a CRichEditCtrl-derived object embedded in a CFormView-derived view and I have set the font of the rich edit control to some .FON font (raster, with 8-bit encoding), which contains glyphs for both languages, the common ASCII latin alphabet and the other glyphs in the top 128 character positions. When I type in english I get my fonts alright, but when I switch to the other keyboard layout, the font changes to some default (like Arial), apparently because the codes sent by the ...

Using MDIChildFrame for different views of document
I have two separate questions: Question 1: ----------- How do I use my MDIChildFrame derived class in an MDI application to show different views of the same document? This is what I want: 1. When the document is initially opened, it will be opened in a MDIChildFrame-derived window with the "default" view. 2. In response to certain commands/menus, another child window should open and show another view of the same document. There may be more than one view. How do I do this? Question 2: ----------- Due to the application having many views and the corresponding GUI classes, the appli...

Using XmlSchemaSet with DataContractSerializer
Hi! Is the DataContractSerializer supposed to work with an XmlSchemaSet object? I am having problems getting them to work together. Here is some code that illustrates the problem. First, we define a type Blark that is used to generate an XmlSchemaSet using the XsdDataContractExporter. The type HasSchema is a type that contains an XmlSchemaSet as DataMember. We create an instance of HasSchema with the above generated XmlSchemaSet. Then we serialize and deserialize this instance using the DataContractSerializer. Before serialization, the XmlSchemaSet has Count = 3, but after ser...

Why the default account is not always used on reply
Hello, Why the default account is not automaticaly selectionned when I reply a mail ? Regards. Because replies always use the receiving account to send. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Parabizar asked: | Hello, | | Why the default account is not automaticaly selectionned when I reply | a mail ? | | Regards. And is not possible to change that ? "Milly Staples - MVP Outlook" <millys@donteventh...

Workbook minimizes when sending as attachment using Outlook Expres
When I send a workbook as an attachment, using Outlook express, the Excel document minimizes instead of staying open. How do I stop this so the document will stay maximized? ...

Changed permissions on public folders, not showing up in Outlook
Hi, We're running SBS server 2003 with clients on XP Pro SP2 and Outlook 2003. I modified the client permissions on a folder in Exchange System manager, and propagated those changes to all subfolders. However, the changes are not showing up on the Outlook client. We are running a single server, and all clients are on the same subnet. There are only 8 clients on the network. Do I need to force replication somewhere, even though this is the only server in the domain? Thanks. Matt Emmott wrote: > Hi, > We're running SBS server 2003 with clients on XP Pro SP2 and Outlook > ...

Set an Object
I'm familiar with setting an Object under UseRangeObject1() (first below) Sub UseRangeObject1() Lr = Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row Set rng = Range("M5:M" & Lr) End Sub But can't one bypass getting the Lr as Follows? Currently no working - what is wrong with syntax? Sub UseRangeObject2() Set rng = Range("M5:M" & Rows.Count.End(xlUp).Row) End Sub TIA, Jim Sub UseRangeObject2() Set rng = Range("M5:M" & Rows.Count.End(xlUp).Row) End Sub Change to: Sub UseRangeObject2() Set rng = Range("...

Big Ask? Loading UserForms and then using the Check Box
I am very new to VBA and am trying to do the following, I have created the Userform and check boxes but that is as far as i can go. When a ceratin a cell e.g A1 goes to = red then a userform will pop up with a list of check boxes e.g Nexus, G2, Swift, Crest if Nexus and Crest check box is ticked then the word nexus will appear A2 and Crest in A3. Or if G2 and Swift were checked then G2 would be in cell A2 and Swift in cell C3. Many Thanks Changing the format of a cell isn't enough to make excel notice the change. But you could tie showing your userform to a change in a column (or...

Does the latest Office Service Pack allow the use of the PDF Maker toolbar in Excel?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3194459926_4136162 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit As I recall, it was the presence of the PDF Maker file that caused the harmless �Autoexec compile� error. Has that been resolved? --B_3194459926_4136162 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Does the latest Office Service Pack allow the use...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

Read all Fileds/Columns from an CRM Object
Hallo NG, I have a little porblem with my Application. I try to Show an CheckBoxList with all Columns, which exist in the Object CRM Account or CRM Contact. This is very easy as long the CRM only have standard fileds like name, accountnumber or something. But when the CRM have fileds like CFSManager, I can't use this stanard schema, because this filed also schould be show. So is there any possibility, to get the all fileds, which an CRM Object has via Web Serivce or Database? Thanks for help, Andre Grumbach Andre, The p_GetEntityAttributes 'entity' stored procedure (in the Met...