percentage of success in item adjusted by date

I am trying to figure out how to track the overall percentage of times
something is done each day and have it automatically adjust each day with
date function throughout the year.  For example, if i wanted to track the
percentage of days i worked out in the new year.  In an excel sheet already
set up with dates for the entire year and a column for work out, how can i
see the percentage of times i enter a 1 for that date having it adjusted each
day?

Thanks

--

Nathan
0

Your question is quite ambiguous?  Do you want to calculate the percentae of
days that something happens, or do you want to calculate a percentage of how
many times per day, over a period of 1 year, that something happens?
Considering your example of determining the percentage of days per year that
you have practiced, I take it that it is number 1?

If that is the case, then with your dates in Col A, say from A1:A365, use
Col B, B1:B365, to enter the 1's next to those dates when you practice.  In
another cell, eg. in C1, enter the following formula:
=SUM(B1:B365)*100/365

Freeze panes on the sheet so that row 1 always remains visible, and every
time you insert a 1 in Col B, next to a date in Col A, your percentage will
adjust.  To freeze panes, simply select cell A1, and then select View, Freeze
panes.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"nfletch" wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to track the overall percentage of times
> something is done each day and have it automatically adjust each day with
> date function throughout the year.  For example, if i wanted to track the
> percentage of days i worked out in the new year.  In an excel sheet already
> set up with dates for the entire year and a column for work out, how can i
> see the percentage of times i enter a 1 for that date having it adjusted each
> day?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Nathan

Purge deleted items from shared mailbox
How can I purge the folder "deleted items" from a shared mailbox? The RM menu item is greyed out. Environment: Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. What permission do you have on the deleted folder? can you delete them if you open the folder and select all, Del? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

imap VS persoanl sent items folder
My emails sent from my 'imap' account are copied to the sent items folder in the personal folder. Why they are not copied to the sent items folder of the 'imap' folder? exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote: > My emails sent from my 'imap' account > are copied to the sent items folder in the personal folder. > Why they are not copied to the sent items folder of the > 'imap' folder? Sent Items are always stored in the delivery location's Sent Items folder. If you want Sent Items stored in an IMAP folder, you have to use a rule to copy t...

Recently changed items
We often use the recently changed items feature to populate our worksheets. However this appears to pick up all changes regardless of their relevance ot the worksheet. Is it possible to modify the feature so that only relevant changes are put in to the worksheet? e.g. don't add item description changes to the price change worksheet. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

percentages...
If I want to make a spreadsheet with the number of times a player has turned out for his team in a season, what is the formula to put in the cell. For example, John Philips has made 15 appearances out of a possible 22. I do not want to put in the formula sum=15/22*100 as I wish to simply tupe 15 in the cell and get it to change the cells contents to 68%. I know how to get it to put this figure into another cell, but how do I get it to do it in the same cell as the info I type. Is this possible? Secondly, if I have the said mr.Philip' percentages for the last say eight years, how can I get ...

Invalid cast error ! While converting Undeliverable mail item as Outlook mail ! Why?
Hi friends, I try to convert a Undeliverable mail (created by Outlook-System Adminstrator). But the program through the error, "Specified cast is not valid". Code sample, Redemption.SafeMailItem rMailItem = new Redemption.SafeMailItemClass(); rMailItem.Item = ((Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem)Connect.oOlMailItems[1]); This code is working as expected for the normal received mails. Please any one let me know, what is the problem and how to solve it. Thanks in advance NDRs are ReportItem objects, not MailItem objects. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micro...

Restoring "Recover Deleted Items" from Backups
Hey folks, this is a bit of a weird question... Up until recently, our Exchange 2003 server was set to retain deleted items emails for 7 days. It was decided that that number needs to be increased. Long story short, that didn't get done right. My question is, is it possible to recover deleted items in the Recover Deleted Items folder from the backups? Or alternatively, is it possible to restore emails in the Deleted Items folder without restoring everything else? Like I said, we're using Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. Our backup agent is Symantec Backup Exec 10. Sorry if most of...

tax percentage field Functionality to automatically calculate taxe
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 should include a tax percentage field or the functionality to automatically calculate taxes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a287...

Due Date / Start Date.
Excuse me for having to ask this, but when setting a start date (Today) the Due date is set to (today). Boss goes and sets Due date to (None) and start date goes to (None). Any way to get them to work independently? -- Thank you, Eric Vogel ...

percentages
Hi people, I'm new to this excel stuff. I am trying to make a 12-month budget plan, and one of the tasks was to increase an expense by 5%. So like for january I start with $50 and then I have to increase the next month by 5%. Is there a formula for this? I need help!! ASAP!!! Thanks. "Dee" wrote: > So like for january I start with $50 and then I > have to increase the next month by 5%. Is there > a formula for this? Yes. If the Jan amount is in A1, and Feb should be 5% more, computed in A2, the formula would be: =ROUND(A1*(1+5%),2) If you copy t...

Can see the status-bar msg AND tool-tip for tool-bar button, but only status-bar msg for a menu item.
Hi. When creating a status bar message and a tool-tip for a tool-bar button, you set the following string in the 'Prompt' text box : "This is the status bar for tool-bar\nThis is the tool-tip bar for tool-bar" (Note the use of the '\n' as the seperator). So, I assumed you can do the same for a menu item, right? WRONG! I only seemed to get the status bar message working. Is there a way around this? Is it supported, or is there some 'trick' I must do ? Cheers in advance... Brad. No, it is not supported. To get tooltips (if I get you correctly) when pointi...

CASE
Will it be possible to setup an e-mail event that when the follow up date on a case is reached that it mails the relevant owner of a case ? If so what is the way to configure this to work. Thanks in advance Try setup a workflow that wait for timer on or after the followup date, then create action email to notify the case owner. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Ulrich" wrote: > Will it be possible to setup an e-mail event that when the follow up date on > a case is reached that it mails the relevant owner of a case ? > > If so what is t...

Successfully extended Money
I posted on June 13th "Reactivate Money Plus" and never had a solution. Lots of comments but no solutions. And yes, I tried everything. I basically re-purchased Money so it would extend the online service expiration that I had by Oct 2009. The only solution that worked for me was to call the MS Online Store at 952-646-5047, Option 2 and they will have you run the extend.exe and choose the last option "Have a customer support override key?". You will then provide them with your Hardware Key and they will email you the key. The name was actually your serial number and ...

Automaticly ad date by select
Can i automaticly fill in the date by selecting a cel? And when possible automaticly a button or something to change the date + and - at least for the day count and if possible also to change the month. For example a button left and a button right from the cel with the date to change the value. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Hoi Geert See this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Geert" <veilingsitesssNO@spamhotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tilzuqrrm1sb3e@...

Clarion Date format for Excel
I have exported some data from a sql database and I need to know how to format a Clarion date. Help Scott, It would help us if you could define what a Clarion Date is.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "ScottD" <ScottD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30EF913-3ADA-4025-A70F-FC506053481D@microsoft.com... > I have exported some data from a sql database and I need to know how to > format a Clarion date. Help Hi could you post some example data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ScottD" <ScottD@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb ...

percentages
How do you format a percentage in the last column? The first column consists of a total, the in-between columns are totals for the day, and the last column takes the first columns total and subtracts all the columns in between and gets a total. I need the last column to be a percentage of the first column. I want it to tell me a percentage of the orginal total. For example I need to know when the orginal total is down to 50%. Hope someone can help me. Thanks Jo Newkirk:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet ...

Anniversary...date calculations
I want to work out the number of years, months and days from a given date to the current date. E.G. how many YY,MM,DD is it from 29.07.1996 to the current date? Can anyone help me in writing the formula?? About to leave work, so I'll just quickly paste the formula, from Exce Function Dictionary. (Sorry, can't find the exact link) ="Difference Is"&DATEDIF(C8,TODAY(),"y")&" Years "&DATEDIF(C8,TODAY(),"ym")&" Months and "&DATEDIF(C8,TODAY(),"md")& Days" Replace C8 with your first date, and Tod...

How can I use a date in an IF/AND statement?
Trying to formulate =IF(c2 > 01/31/05, 1,"2") Is there a different date format to use? Thank you in advance for any help. Hi, Try this: =2-(C2>VALUE("01/31/05")) or =2-(C2>DATEVALUE("01/31/05")) or =2-(C2>DATE(2005,1,31)) or =IF(C2>DATE(2005,1,31),1,2) etc. Regards, KL "gsmith" <gsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0315B7F2-9D6F-48BC-95D2-0144B66708FC@microsoft.com... > Trying to formulate =IF(c2 > 01/31/05, 1,"2") Is there a different date > format to use? > > Thank you in ...

Outlook PST Date--Use with Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003
I use Outlook 2000 on my Windows 98 Desktop and Outlook 2003 on my Windows XP Pro Laptop. I can sync my current Visor Neo using either PC and all is GOOD. Now, I am considering the purchase of a new handheld which will ne sync software and will be incompatible with Windows 98. There will not be a problem setting up the new handheld on the Win XP PC but I will not be able to sync with my old Handheld. Is there a way to keep my Outlook 2002 PST file updated with new data entered into Outlook 2003 without a sync (which won't be possible)? Thanks in advance, BL Take a look here, ...

Percentages? How?
I am currently running a price guide that looks as follows: A B C D E F Item Price Cost SRP GP% Retail Unit Column C is the Customer's Cost per Retail unit (F) Column D is the Suggested Retail Price Column E is the Gross Profit Percentage Column E is =(D1-C1)/D1 to arrive at the GP%. *Now* I want to reverse the process! I need to type a percentage into E and have D pop up automatically. (I.e., instead of typing in an SRP of $2.50 on an item that costs $1.36 to arrive at a GP of 45.6%, I want to type 40% and find out what the SRP woul...

Re: Exporting "Date Received" field
In trying to export Outlook 2003 email messages to an Access database for long term archival, I find it impossible to include the date the email message was received. As this is a rather important piece of information I would like to preserve, it is diificult to understand why Microsoft would exclude this field from any exporting utility. Does anyone know a workaround for this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. George ...

how to use filebuf::sputc() successfully
Can anyone provide an example of how to create a file, add some content (even if just one char) with filebuf::sputc, and then close the file successfully? I could not get my PutCStringArrayIntoFile() function to work. I think it has something with the sync() command or something... A file is created, but it is empty. Can anyone provide a working code example, or have any idea why my fn doesn't work? here it is: void PutCStringArrayIntoFile(CStringArray &StringArray, CString FileName) { int nFileHandle = _sopen(FileName, _O_CREAT, _SH_DENYRW); filebuf FileBuf(nFileHandle); CSt...

Item Lookup Code and Alias
I have a client that recieves an Item from his supplier with a bar code that is derived from poundage. So for every pound increment there are 100 possible bar codes based on 2 decimal places. I would like to create a 6 digit ILC for each pound increment then enter the 100 possible bar codes as an Alias for the ILC so that when ANY of the 100 Aliases are scanned at the POS, the 6 digit ILC will pull up prompting for manual entry of the item weight. Am I correct to assume the Alias feature can be used in this manner? This would expedite our checkout with items from this suppl...

Outlook 2007
Hi All, I want in Outlook 2007 - Calendar items of only current week, that is, 4th Jan 2010 to 8th Jan 2010 and this i need for monthly basis. When we go to Feb 2010 i don't want the January 2010 calendar items. I need only february calendar items. Let me be clear and simple on this, i need only current months calendar items and i dont want previous months calendar items. Please let me is their any thing which synchronize the previous months calendar items. Need a help on this!!! Thanks in advance. Vicky;111352 Wrote: > Hi All, > > I want in Outloo...

Help
Hi: Hoping that someone can help with this problem. I used to use the 'created date' column to be able to track when I added an item to a folder. Whenever the item changed folder, the created date would be reset to the current time. This was an excellent feature that would allow you to quickly find items that were dropped in the wrong folder (particularly the deleted items folder). When I upgraded to outlook 2003, the 'created' date is always the same as the 'received' date regardless of where the item is moved. What gives? Is there a setting where I can ch...

Deleting items from offline inventory
I currently use offline inventory to account for products packaged in our warehouse. Normally I would transfer this inventory into our main inventory when the products are being moved to our store. However, once in a while I would like to delete some products from the offline inventory as they might have been damaged. Well, I can't find an option that would allow me to delete products from offline inventory. What am I missing? Gerd ...