percenatge increase in values across multiple cells

Hi

I have a spreadsheet of numerical values and I simply want to increase all
values, in all cells, by 17.5%. Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

Many thanks
David

0
curvedball (22)

David

Type 1.175 in a spare cell and copy it... Highlight your numbers and then
edit>paste special...>values+multiply

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"David" <curvedball@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a spreadsheet of numerical values and I simply want to increase all
> values, in all cells, by 17.5%. Can anyone please tell me how to do this?
>
> Many thanks
> David

Many thanks for this. Saved me a lot of mouse work! Why the help couldn't
explain this I don;t know...too concerned with complex things and forgets
the fundamentals.

Cheers
David

"Nick Hodge" <nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> wrote in message
> David
>
> Type 1.175 in a spare cell and copy it... Highlight your numbers and then
> edit>paste special...>values+multiply
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> www.nickhodge.co.uk
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
>

> "David" <curvedball@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a spreadsheet of numerical values and I simply want to increase
>> all values, in all cells, by 17.5%. Can anyone please tell me how to do
>> this?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> David

0
curvedball (22)

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Problems with increasing
I have problem with increasing. In one row I have textual vaule like "F10" and when I want to copy it in the next cell by draging "fill handle" it increments and the result is F11, F12... Haw could I turn off incrementing in that row but it is usefull in others? -- mpele ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mpele's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31808 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515304 Hold CTRL while you drag -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "...

Automatically Break Multiple Rows to Two Columns
I have a long list of rows in Excel, consisting of 2 columns (Column A: Item & Column B: Quantity), as shown in the example below: A B --------------- Item Qty --------------- AAA 12 BBB 130 CCC 14 DDD 150 EEE 22 FFF 230 GGG 333 I want to automatically break the long list of rows at every Nth row into another 2 columns (Column E & F). Example as shown below: A B E F ------------------------------- Item Qty Item Qty ------------------------------- AAA 12 FFF 230 BBB 130 GGG 3...

Repeat Values in rows
I need to search my worksheet (128 X 128) rows for any repeated values, anyone help? It doesn't sound like a charrting question, but in your worksheet (having selected your 128*128 range & with cell A1 active), use Format/ Conditional Formatting/ Formula Is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$DX$128,A1)<>1 and select a format to mark your duplicates. -- David Biddulph "Governor" <Governor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE65B1A7-0E68-4980-86A1-6129DD3B3673@microsoft.com... >I need to search my worksheet (128 X 128) rows for any repeated values, > anyone ...

ICS file with multiple dates
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 I have a question regarding ICS (iCalendar) files. Can I have multiple dates in one file so when the user opens the file it will import multiple dates? if not does anyone have an idea how I can accomplish this. Thanks The user would need to use File | Import and Export to import the multi-event .ics file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrot...

Need to add a line with a value in addition to x & y axis
I am trying to create a chart in Excel as clustered columns with th following data (I have also attached a copy of my file from Exce 2002): Division 1 Division 2 Division 3 Division 4 Division 5 2002 18.60 3.49 5.14 8.52 3.75 2003 14.54 3.53 1.96 10.22 7.29 2004 3.50 1.77 0.00 7.28 3.71 The years are shown in the legend, the category axis (division names are at the bottom, and the value axis is on the side. There is also a industry standard that applies to all values (not by year) and I want t have a line that shows where this value is in relation to the yearl values for each division. I ...

How to bring data from a listbox to a cell?
Dear all, I have a listbox in a form, and I need to bring the selected itens in a cell... How can I do it? For example: lstTest Item 1 (Selected) Item 2 (Not Selected) Item 3 (Selected) So when I click in a button in this form, the cell (1,1) needs to have the data: Item 1, Item3 I input this code in the button, but it brings only the first item in the lstTest... Cells(1, 1).Value =3D lstTest.List Thanks in advance!!! Andr=E9. Andre, Could you send the whole code for the button? "gatarossi@ig.com.br" wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a listbox in a form, and I need...

Searching Lookup values in Quick Find: Not possible?
I note that when a search term is entered into the Quick Find box, and that term only occurs in the value of a Lookup field, no results are returned. For example, searching for a potential customer's name in the Opportunity quick find doesn't return any records. I haven't found anything stating that this isn't possible, but I'm assuming that searching on Lookup fields doesn't work. The only way I can think to make this work is to add a custom field that is updated by scripting with the value of the Lookup field, and to add this custom field to the Search Results...

How can I make cell data automatically shift up when deleting
EXAMPLE: A B C 1) Dog Bone Leash 2) Cat Catnip Litter 3) Bird Seed Newspaper 4) Cow Grass Manuer 5) Duck Fish Filter 6) Mouse Cheese Hanta Virus If I were to delete the information in row 1, I want everything in row two to shift up automatically. Or... If I were to delete "dog," I would want everything in Column A, and only Column A, to shift up, therefore removing any blank cells in the table. How would I do this? One way .. Assuming this table is in Sheet1, cols A to C, data from...

Alert If Cell Value Is a Certain Value
Hi Everyone How can U set up an alert to format cells with a pink fill colour if say A1 ever has the value eg 1000 in it? This could be used to Highlight the Name and address of someone (with a pink fill) that has ever owed £1000 even if they now do not. In other words the name and address of that person stays in pink fill if ever they have owed £1000. Thanks for any help. Steve Lincoln UK turn cells get Excel record that a cell has ever been a certain value Conditional formatting. Look up 'Highlight cells that meet specific conditions' in the Answer wizard in...

How to have value scales on x and y axes?
I cannot find how to do a simple graph of y versus x where I can set the scale of both the x axis and the y axis. In my attempts, it appears that only one axis eg the y axis can have actual "values" shown on the axis. Although the data is graphed as the y values versus the x values, the scale cannot be set on the x axis as it is a "category" axis - so that the labels along the x axis are for example "1", "2", "3"....where this means "Point 1", "Point 2", "Point 3".....though the actual values of those poin...

Excel
I just had an excel upgrade and can't find the way to add arrows to a cell. I old excel the result was to up and down arrows, at the side of the cell, which would allow the user to click up or down to change the cell value... Insert a Spin Button from Forms Toolbar or Control Toolbox. Assuming upgrade means 2007 version....... Click on Developer Tab and in Controls category Insert>Form Controls. Select the spin button and place it where you want. Right-click and Format Control. Pick a cell to link. If you don't see Developer Tab on Ribben go to Button>Ex...

percenatge increase in values across multiple cells
Hi I have a spreadsheet of numerical values and I simply want to increase all values, in all cells, by 17.5%. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? Many thanks David David Type 1.175 in a spare cell and copy it... Highlight your numbers and then edit>paste special...>values+multiply -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "David" <curvedball@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9audnfgVAp7yfQfZRVnyrA@bt.com... > Hi > > I have a spreadsheet of numerical values and I simp...

if cell a1 is greater than 0, how can i make b1's value go to zero?
if cell a1 is greater than 0, how can i make b1's value go to zero if value is entered in b1 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi A cell can contain either a formula, like =IF(A1>0,0,501) , or an entered constant value. So this task (enter and then calculate within the same cell) needs a macro solution, unless you can use one of the 16 777 214 remaining cells on the worksheet to produce the result in question for you. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "froggydetail" <froggydetail.y8kjy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

Fonts increasing in size with each reply Entourage 2008
If you are seeing problems with font size increasing with each reply in Entourage 2008, see this blog article for how to report this problem directly to a MSFT developer. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/02/fonts_increasing_in_size_with_each_r eplymsft_is_listening.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

SBS2008
Main site SBS2008, branch site Windows Server 2008 Main site also has Windows Server 2003 servers as does the branch site. Problem, when accessing files from either the SBS2008 server from the branch site, or accessing files from the Windows Server 2003 from the main site over the WAN (10Mb) link some excel spreadsheets take literally minutes to open up. If I copy them to the Windows Server 2003 at either end then open then up across the WAN they open in seconds.!! Was never a problem before the 2008 boxes came along...am I missing a trick regards the 2008 boxes ? Jim....

WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE CELL & ENTER FOR THE VLOOKUP TOWORK
I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account numbers. How ever I have to click double click on the cell before the formula recognises the account number. I have to do this for each cell. I have tried different formats. It is not saving me that much time. It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual. If you set it to Automatic, it should work OK. (Go to Tools/Options/Calculation). Rgds, ScottO "Half Manx" <Half Manx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BC9C18-0ADA-4BE3-A9D4-B264CD08B25E@microsoft.com... | I have set a VLOOKUP formula to match account num...

cell entry expire
I'm trying to try to make a cell entry expire on a given date. It will be used for a promotional discount that only runs for a set time period. Anyone have a sugestion. -- rbell Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway Maybe you can use a formula that puts the discount in (0 or whatever you want): =IF(TODAY()>=DATE(2005,7,13),0,.15) So when the date is July 13, 2005 or later, the discount is 0. If before, it's 15%. rbell wrote: > > I'm trying to try to make a cell entry expire on a given date. It will > be used for a promotional discount that onl...

pivot table with selection values not included in the base data
Hi, Is there a way to create a pivot table which has rows/column selection values which are not included in the base data? I have dynamic base data, each row consisting of ProjectName , ProcedureName and %compliance. The ProjectsNames are selected from a dropdown list of 10 possible projects. I have created a pivotTable from the base data, with projectName on the y-axis and ProcedureName on the x-axis, and %compliance in the middle. If I only have rows of base data with say 5 of the possible 10 ProjectNames, on the pivotTable i only then have the option of choosing between these 5 pr...

How can I print current row in same place on paper but not print surrounding cells???
Dear Sir/Madam, I have produced a Spreadsheet whereas when someone makes a payment i shows as the date of payment in cell B10 and the amount in cell C10 an any missed payment charge in cell d10. What I want to do is make it s that when a new payment is made, the spreadsheet moves to a new row i the section (of which will then be the last row, below the last paymen details) and then I want to be able to print this new row only, bu still have it show in the same place on paper, so that each time print the updated 'payment' details, it will only print the las line/row and as such i'...

Multiple dialogs in a view
Hi, VCC+ 6.0 I desire to create a small dialog and then populate a view with an array of this dialog. If array of dialogs extended outside of the view, I wanted scroll bars to appear. I thought that CFormView with a splitter window was somehow the way to go on this but I am having trouble. Any one know the most efficient way to accomplish this. I'm just looking for a general direction, not any details, I can dig that up. Thanks so much in advance. On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:59:42 -0500, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > VCC+ 6.0 > > I desire to create a small dialog and then ...

sending empty value to optional parameter
If you have a function that accepts an optional parameter: Function select_live_nodes(ByVal sf_node_parent As Integer, Optional ByVal node_orderby As String =3D "my_default_value=94) I know you can call the function with X =3D select_live_nodes(2) Or X =3D select_live_nodes(2,=94another order=94) But how do I send a varialbe as the optional parameter that might or might not contain a value? X =3D select_live_nodes(2,myvariable) Even if =91myvarialbe=92 is empty the function does not resort to its default value, "my_default_value=94 I=92ve tried sending dbn...

Multiple rules cause multiple emails
I have this issue that's driving me nuts. I'm running XP and Outlook 2003. I have basic rules that are in place to move emails from my inbox to specific folders based upon sender. I also have a custom rule for moving emails based upon certain phrases to another folder. What's happening is that both rules are getting applied to the same email, and I wind up with two copies of the email. One in the sender specific folder, and another in the general catch folder. This happens quite frequently, and is very annoying. Question is how do I stop this? First off, the sender sp...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...