pasting beyond 64000 lines

I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would like
to paste into multiple sheets

You could wait for 2007 version which has one million rows.

OR see this KB article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q120596

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:25:02 -0700, Little Richard
<LittleRichard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would like
>to paste into multiple sheets

0
Gord
7/24/2006 8:32:17 PM
Hey Little Richard
We have been using similar amounts of data in spreadsheets but havent
overcome the 64,000 line problem. But what i'd like to know form you is ,
what kind of computer system you run , and do you have problems with
processing that amount of data ? as we do .

Cheers
Qewe

> You could wait for 2007 version which has one million rows.
>
> OR see this KB article.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q120596
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:25:02 -0700, Little Richard
> <LittleRichard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would
like
> >to paste into multiple sheets

Amd Turion 64 Mobile with power now 2ghz ,1mbl2 cache 1600mhz bus  with 2
gigs ram I have no problems now. But i use to have to save an reboot
constantly so that i did not use up resources had a p3 with 1gig. I usually
have 12-14 columns with 3-5 sheets and have only used up the memory once I
was running formulas using 10 columns 6 more than my normal i normally have 2
to 4 charts in the same book they do open slow some times.  I still have
problems with windows clunky notepad and wordpad when i try to replace data
lockups all the time
--
I liked Windows98s

"Qewe" wrote:

> Hey Little Richard
> We have been using similar amounts of data in spreadsheets but havent
> overcome the 64,000 line problem. But what i'd like to know form you is ,
> what kind of computer system you run , and do you have problems with
> processing that amount of data ? as we do .
>
> Cheers
> Qewe
>

> "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
> > You could wait for 2007 version which has one million rows.
> >
> > OR see this KB article.
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q120596
> >

> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:25:02 -0700, Little Richard
> > <LittleRichard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would
> like
> > >to paste into multiple sheets

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Create simple line graph in Excel!!!!!
Ok, I've struggled with this far too long now. And abandoned the task a number of times over the past year. So, I'm going to ask you now. I have two columns of data: u a v b w c x d y e z f etc. Where u to z, and a to f represent numbers. I want to see a simple graph with one column representing the X axis, and the other column, representing the Y axis. And a line, showing the relationship between the two. It should be simple right? Unfortunately, it hasn't. I've tried to create a scatter graph with lines. And a line graph. But excel just doesn't want to cooperat...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Why is my ComboBox "Data" Properties line grayed out?
I'm trying to update a legacy Visual C++ (V7.10) project. I added a new ComboBox from the Toolbox, and then right-clicked to access Properties. I want to supply the text strings to populate the drop-down menu, but the Data line in the Properties window is grayed out - I can't enter anything at all. The legacy project contains other ComboBoxes, which also have the Data line grayed out but have data present in DLGINIT blocks in the resource file. Why is the Data line grayed out? How can I enter data for my drop- down menu items? I just tried a test with all types and I could enter...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Make lines thicker
I'm using Excel XP. I have a graph with 7 different lines and I would like to have one of the lines really stand out. To do this, it would be nice to make this line thicker and bolder than the others. However, the thickest line option available only makes the line marginally thicker. I suppose I could make the line I want to stand out dashed, or something like that. But I was just wondering... Thanks. C You could add another series to the chart, with values slightly higher than the line you want to bold. Format it with the same line, and no markers To delete the additional...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Remove grid lines as default
Hi, I hate to ask again, but I had this all set up with by default - no Grid lines, but after a crash, well I have even lost the email with the info. Would someone please help out again and tell me how to remove grid lines as default, ie no grid lines in new spreadsheets. Many thanks David dcterrill@(REMOVE)bigpond.com You can create a new default template, with your preferred settings: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Select all the sheets, and choose Tools>Options 3. On the View tab, remove the check mark for Gridlines, click OK 4. Ungroup the sheets 5. Choose Save As 6. From the Save As T...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...

how to add a horizontal benchmark value line in a column chart?
I need to create a vertical column chart with a horizontal benchmark line to show where the expected value is. Is this possible in Excel? Hi, You will find examples of adding datum lines to charts here, including links to other site examples. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Mike Chro" <Mike Chro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C17CFDA2-A8D5-46D9-81E9-2CC2C4D54C4E@microsoft.com... >I need to create a vertical column chart with a horizontal benchmark line >to...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

outlook by command line or batch file.
Hi, I am trying to write a batch file to send email after an event happens. I am using this command line to send mail, this command only opens a new message with subject and body, but I have to manually press send. how do I make it to actually **send ** mail, through a batch file. the batch file runs some tasks and suppose to send notification email afterward, Please help. thanks. this is the command that does not work, and only opens a message: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.note /m "mailto:my_email@mail.com&subject=test" ...

How do I get lines I have drawn to show on the screen?
I have continuously had problems seeing the objects I draw in a Publisher document. It isn't only lines, but circles, etc. I can draw the line fine, it shows as I am drawing it, but once I let go of the mouse it disappears. It is still there, I can click on the line to move it or change it, but it never shows up on my screen. It will print just fine, but I can't see it to make the minute changes needed. This probably is your video driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this all...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

No paste as CSV option in the Paste Special selection
A client of mine is running Excel 2000. When they select Paste Special, CSV is not available as an option. The data she's copying is not the problem since I have tested it here. Any comments/suggestions?? Thanks Mike When you copy, you're copying raw data, not a file. If you want to convert XL data to .CSV, you need to take the data to a separate workbook and do a File, Save As, and select CSV. ...

lines between data points
I created a chart in an earlier version of Excel (probably Excel 97). The Chart has one data series ploted as a line chart with data points and lines between the datapoint visible. In the original version of the chart I was able create a break in the line by simply turning off the line for a particular selected data point. When I recieved Excel 2002, the charts I had created earlier looked different. Now instead of a break in the line, there is a line which points from the last datapoint with a line to the next data point with a line, skiping any datapoints that have thier lines d...

Multi-Page table pasting as just one page
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm working with multi-page documents containing tables - once those documents are done the finished tables on them must be copy/pasted into another master document, containing many multi-page tables. The problem is that sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) a multi-page table that I copy from one document pastes into the master document as just one page. <br><br>The pasted 1pg table is hard to describe - the top of the table reaches far above and below the page (into the margins, right up against the ed...

not wordwrapping last two lines in cell
In cell 3C I have 18 lines that will wordwrap. the last two sentences will not wordwrap the last two sentences list about 10 words each and then run off the cell and cannot be seen. Any ideas how to fix this Thanks in Advance Does this link help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211580 "badgercat" wrote: > In cell 3C I have 18 lines that will wordwrap. > the last two sentences will not wordwrap > the last two sentences list about 10 words each and then run off the cell > and cannot be seen. > > Any ideas how to fix this > > Tha...

Borders Don't Line up with Cells.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I have used borders of different types to highlight cells. However, recently the horizontal borders aren't working correctly. The lines don't match the text. The spacing of the line is bigger than the spacing of the text, and so the lines run through the text. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it? I have tried two different printers and have the same problem, so I don't think it is a printer driver problem. Thanks. Michael ...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

Paste to adjacent cells
Hi All If I have Data in cells A1 to A10 or C1 to C23 etc and I want to paste more Data along side, to B1 to B10 or D1 to D23. Even better would be if I could paste to either side of the data. Is there away to do this without having to highlight those cells, this would save me allot of time. Thanks in Advance Dave, When you paste, it pastes the amount of stuff you've copied. If you've copied 10 vertical cells, that's what it's gonna paste. You need only select the top-left-most cell before you do a paste. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period ne...